12 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Edifier Car Audio Solution

views

ADJ
post Jan 7 2018, 09:55 AM

..::fairlight::..
2,921 posts

Sharing my experience with Edifier speakers for my 2011 Honda City, on stock head unit.
Wanted to go for NF651A, as it sounded really good to my ears, on headunit power, comparable to other brands at a higher price.
However, the tweeter was quite large and it didn't fit into normal tweeter pods and I don't want to do any custom installation work (intend to sell the car in about 2 years time), so I had to look at other models.

I then went with GF651B. Of course it wasn't as good as the NF651A, but for casual listening, it was quite good. I'd say it is value for money. I chose it because it sounded better than other brands for about the same price (RM300 range), and the tweeter was smaller, and had different cups/fascia depending on how you want to mount it, in my case, surface mounting on dashboard. Speaker wires included were reasonable in quality and long enough, and crossovers were also separate units so you could bi-amp them if you like.

Basically everything I needed was in the box, and I just had to buy speaker ring adapters for my City and I was good to go. For my listening tastes, I set the tweeter crossover to -2dB (there was 0, -2 and -4), and I'd say I'm satisfied with it. Headunit flat EQ, and all my Spotify songs were enjoyable.

Of course, if I did sound proofing, put in an amp, change headunit etc etc, it would be better. And definitely the NF651A sounds much better. However, for the intended usage and purpose, I'm happy with it.

Disclaimer: I was not incentivised in any way to share my experience. I paid full retail price for the speakers and just wanted to share my experience with this speakers, since I couldn't find much info online and I don't read Chinese (I suppose one can find more info on China forums etc).
TSEdifier
post Jan 8 2018, 03:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,538 posts

QUOTE(ADJ @ Jan 7 2018, 09:55 AM)
Sharing my experience with Edifier speakers for my 2011 Honda City, on stock head unit.
Wanted to go for NF651A, as it sounded really good to my ears, on headunit power, comparable to other brands at a higher price.
However, the tweeter was quite large and it didn't fit into normal tweeter pods and I don't want to do any custom installation work (intend to sell the car in about 2 years time), so I had to look at other models.

I then went with GF651B. Of course it wasn't as good as the NF651A, but for casual listening, it was quite good. I'd say it is value for money. I chose it because it sounded better than other brands for about the same price (RM300 range), and the tweeter was smaller, and had different cups/fascia depending on how you want to mount it, in my case, surface mounting on dashboard. Speaker wires included were reasonable in quality and long enough, and crossovers were also separate units so you could bi-amp them if you like.

Basically everything I needed was in the box, and I just had to buy speaker ring adapters for my City and I was good to go. For my listening tastes, I set the tweeter crossover to -2dB (there was 0, -2 and -4), and I'd say I'm satisfied with it. Headunit flat EQ, and all my Spotify songs were enjoyable.

Of course, if I did sound proofing, put in an amp, change headunit etc etc, it would be better. And definitely the NF651A sounds much better. However, for the intended usage and purpose, I'm happy with it.

Disclaimer: I was not incentivised in any way to share my experience. I paid full retail price for the speakers and just wanted to share my experience with this speakers, since I couldn't find much info online and I don't read Chinese (I suppose one can find more info on China forums etc).
Thanks for supporting and glad that you happy with our car speaker smile.gif
calk
post Jan 30 2018, 09:56 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

Intend to install underseat active subwoofer and DSP as I thought if going to Amp will need to have some wire cut which will void new car harness warranty. Any good option for Toyota Sienta which I will still keep the original speaker but interested just DSP or amp and subwoofer? Also, can PM for dealer location, prefer near Puchong area if any? THanks.
TSEdifier
post Feb 3 2018, 08:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,538 posts

QUOTE(calk @ Jan 30 2018, 09:56 PM)
Intend to install underseat active subwoofer and DSP as I thought if going to Amp will need to have some wire cut which will void new car harness warranty. Any good option for Toyota Sienta which I will still keep the original speaker but interested just DSP or amp and subwoofer? Also, can PM for dealer location, prefer near Puchong area if any? THanks.
You can pay a visit to KF Audio, they will advice you how to install the system without void your warranty.
ayamxxx
post Mar 19 2018, 06:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,074 posts

Hi, mine is accord 2015, 2.4 model which i believe comes with factory subwoofer. However the sound output is just too flat, no bassy at all (im not audiophile person). As my car model, it is with ANC, active noise control which might kacau the aftermarket speaker etc.
Kindly share what options do i have to improve my sound speaker with the factory HU. Plus what kind of budget range
TSEdifier
post Mar 20 2018, 06:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,538 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Mar 19 2018, 06:56 PM)
Hi, mine is accord 2015, 2.4 model which i believe comes with factory subwoofer. However the sound output is just too flat, no bassy at all (im not audiophile person). As my car model, it is with ANC, active noise control which might kacau the aftermarket speaker etc.
Kindly share what options do i have to improve my sound speaker with the factory HU. Plus what kind of budget range
You can give CW1000 or CW1200 a try.
Please contact Mr. Liew from KF Audio, he know how to solve the ANC problem because he installed Edifier speaker to Accord before.
shaniandras2787
post Mar 28 2018, 10:34 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ Mar 20 2018, 06:48 PM)
You can give CW1000 or CW1200 a try.
Please contact Mr. Liew from KF Audio, he know how to solve the ANC problem because he installed Edifier speaker to Accord before.
Hi, can you share Mr. Liew's contact?
TSEdifier
post Mar 28 2018, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,538 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Mar 28 2018, 10:34 AM)
Hi, can you share Mr. Liew's contact?
I already pm the number to you, please check.

WiLeKiyO
post Jun 10 2018, 02:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,144 posts

QUOTE(ADJ @ Jan 7 2018, 09:55 AM)

How would you rate the bass quality? Does it give enough kick?
ADJ
post Jun 11 2018, 10:11 AM

..::fairlight::..
2,921 posts

QUOTE(WiLeKiyO @ Jun 10 2018, 02:03 AM)
How would you rate the bass quality? Does it give enough kick?
I don't think the stock Honda City 2009 headunit is sufficient to drive this thing well, you would need to have a proper amplification from either a good 3rd party headunit, or an amplifier, both of which I don't have.
iZuDeeN
post Jun 11 2018, 10:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

Do you have a store that display CW1200B for demo? or place that has stock?
TSEdifier
post Jun 11 2018, 12:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,538 posts

QUOTE(iZuDeeN @ Jun 11 2018, 10:33 AM)
Do you have a store that display CW1200B for demo? or place that has stock?
You can drop by our office.
nuttyking91
post Jul 2 2018, 07:04 PM

Enthusiast
956 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ Jun 11 2018, 12:07 PM)
hi may i know where is your office/shop/authorised reseller? Enquiry for car soundproofing products tq notworthy.gif
Beach_Boy
post Jul 2 2018, 10:54 PM

:D
8,453 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ Jun 11 2018, 12:07 PM)
do you have car component set for audit as well? biggrin.gif
hung6022
post Jul 6 2018, 08:18 PM

27 posts

hi, please recommend for new myvi 2018

TSEdifier
post Jul 17 2018, 01:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,538 posts

QUOTE(nuttyking91 @ Jul 2 2018, 07:04 PM)
hi may i know where is your office/shop/authorised reseller? Enquiry for car soundproofing products tq notworthy.gif
You can visit KF Audio.
TSEdifier
post Jul 17 2018, 03:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,538 posts

QUOTE(Beach_Boy @ Jul 2 2018, 10:54 PM)
do you have car component set for audit as well? biggrin.gif
You can audit it in KF Audio.
TSEdifier
post Jul 17 2018, 03:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,538 posts

QUOTE(hung6022 @ Jul 6 2018, 08:18 PM)
hi, please recommend for new myvi 2018
You can give GF651A a try but you need to do minor modification on your side doors.
hung6022
post Jul 18 2018, 09:16 AM

27 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ Jul 17 2018, 03:36 PM)
You can give GF651A a try but you need to do minor modification on your side doors.
i already bought Edifier PF651A and edifier cw1000c but havent install yet, hopefully they dont fail me.

hung6022
post Jul 20 2018, 12:32 AM

27 posts

i've install all the speakers already. sound clear but why the tweeter doesnt come with pod or stand? may i know where to buy compatible one for pf651a tweeter, thanks

12 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:29 PM