views

Quazacolt
post Nov 3 2014, 12:06 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

auditioned:
- LCD X with ALO RX MK3 B+
- oppo PM1 and oppo HA1
- Sony MDR-Z7 with PHA-3 + Sony custom Kimber cable , and MDR-Z7 with ALO RX MK3 B+

Source:
my Sony Xperia Z1 3.5mm out or usb out with the PHA-3

rough summary:
i still prefer the LCD3 over the LCD X joshuachew comments? lol (if it gets too much we can shift towards the Audeze thread)
the MDR-Z7 is definitely the star for me, threw me off guard as to how close cans typically sound.

heck, E1 - AKG told me it's semi open/closed, however Sony themselves specify it as closed so tongue.gif

i really like the PHA-3, especially as a portal since it can connect usb with my Xperia phone easily.
however the power charging is a total turn off as it drains faster than the puny usb power source could charge it.

in the end i still prefer the stock cable over the kimber ones http://store.sony.com/high-performance-bal...le-Audio-Cables
because:
- comes with the headphone
- black chrome > colorful oddness
- biased preference against silver cables tongue.gif

and ALO audio RX MK3 B+ over the PHA-3 mainly because the PRAT ALO audio amp can provide.
the bass is also definitely much better on the alo than PHA-3

to sum up on the oppo - the bass just doesn't meet my minimum requirement tongue.gif
yuka
post Nov 3 2014, 12:11 AM

ヾ(\ ̄ー ̄)
2,265 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 3 2014, 12:06 AM)
rough summary:
i still prefer the LCD3 over the LCD X joshuachew comments? lol (if it gets too much we can shift towards the Audeze thread)

I left 6.05PM lol.
we're in same boat. I preferred LCD3 than LCD-X/C
penmarker
post Nov 3 2014, 01:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,002 posts

I got to test the Alpha Dog and Dunu DN-2000, so I guess that was nice.

**also, I got pictures from the meet. Want me to upload them?

This post has been edited by penmarker: Nov 3 2014, 01:03 AM
RowanPaladin
post Nov 3 2014, 01:22 AM

On my way
671 posts

Very fun event indeed. It was great to meet everyone
penmarker
post Nov 3 2014, 01:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,002 posts

user posted image
Got quite a lot of things E1 AKG prepared and brought by the various participants. So fun

user posted image

user posted image
Chord Hugo on the foreground, Oppo HA-1 in the background with the (i think) Oppo PM-1 headphones. Or is it different model?
I didn't get to test any of those since I talk and walk a lot. Sure would be nice to get to try the Hugo. Yuka said they created the circuit from scratch instead of using aftermarket chips so the sound is unique/different.

user posted image
Sony MDR-Z7 with the balanced cable, MrSpeakers Alpha Dog, Modded Fostex T50RP, top left corner is Sony PHA-3 amp.
Got to test out the Alpha Dog from a USB DAC+amp dongle, didn't get to know the name/model so sorry. I liked the openness of the Dogs.

user posted image
The rest of the people and gears, still got some more people who weren't in the frame. Some were chatting at the right side of the table, I joined in listening so didn't listen to a lot of the equipment tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image
Finally got my hands on the AK240 with DSD files since I requested E1-AKG for some DSD goodness. Didn't like Sting - Desert Rose as the sibilance is pretty bad (to me since I don't like sibilance that much) but Eagles - Last Resort was so goooood (or was it New Kid In Town? confused between this two songs).
Tried it out on my setup AK240 > Lovely Cube Premium > HD650, I've never heard the HD600 yet and people have their own preferences whether they like the HD600 or HD650. Interested to listen to the HD600 one day and find out how lighter the bass is based on people's impressions.

user posted image

user posted image
Sudden realization that the retarded big plug size for the AKG K551 is the same size as the 1/8 to 1/4 inch jack converter. That's probably their reason why the big size. This headphone was primarily advertised as portable cans for use with iDevices since it has mic and 3 button controls, but the retarded big jack size prohibits usage of case on phones or tablets/iPods.

This post has been edited by penmarker: Nov 3 2014, 01:57 AM
penmarker
post Nov 3 2014, 01:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,002 posts

Bonus
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I hope other people got more pictures man. So nice la this gathering, should have some more.
Someone bring Grado maybe next time tongue.gif poor Grado don't get any looovee <3 <3

Also Chatime was goooood
AxelTG
post Nov 3 2014, 08:24 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(penmarker @ Nov 3 2014, 01:43 AM)
user posted image
Chord Hugo on the foreground, Oppo HA-1 in the background with the (i think) Oppo PM-1 headphones. Or is it different model?
I didn't get to test any of those since I talk and walk a lot. Sure would be nice to get to try the Hugo. Yuka said they created the circuit from scratch instead of using aftermarket chips so the sound is unique/different.
Yep, they mentioned that the Hugo was design and built in-house from the ground up. That might explain its hefty price tag.
Sadly, I forgot to try them before I left as the things they chat are interesting. sweat.gif

QUOTE(penmarker @ Nov 3 2014, 01:45 AM)
Thanks a lot to @problem for passing this large hippocase to me at the time I needed a case the most. It can fit all of my cans and the IEM box.
user posted image
Are the Rockjaw Kommand present during the meet? Was looking forward to it.
penmarker
post Nov 3 2014, 11:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,002 posts

Yes they were, but not many people tried it because most people were at the right side of the table. It wasn't really that "wow" don't worry you didn't miss out much laugh.gif
darude87
post Nov 3 2014, 04:09 PM

hhhoooiii!!!
1,407 posts

yesterday after i tested my cans with HA-1 and with DSD source, when i was about to leave after the gathering ,E1 AKG told me this "Your cans will never sound the same anymore" cry.gif
RowanPaladin
post Nov 3 2014, 08:01 PM

On my way
671 posts

QUOTE(darude87 @ Nov 3 2014, 04:09 PM)
yesterday after i tested my cans with HA-1 and with DSD source,  when i was about to leave after the gathering ,E1 AKG told me this "Your cans will never sound the same anymore"  cry.gif
Was he right? brows.gif
H3LLKEEPER
post Nov 3 2014, 10:09 PM

Winning Is Everything!
4,531 posts

Looks like i miss out quite a lot, went there a few days before TT. I like the K812 among all the other headphone i've tried. Imaging is excellent laugh.gif

QUOTE(penmarker @ Nov 3 2014, 12:43 AM)
Interested to listen to the HD600 one day and find out how lighter the bass is based on people's impressions.

Sudden realization that the retarded big plug size for the AKG K551 is the same size as the 1/8 to 1/4 inch jack converter. That's probably their reason why the big size. This headphone was primarily advertised as portable cans for use with iDevices since it has mic and 3 button controls, but the retarded big jack size prohibits usage of case on phones or tablets/iPods.
HD600 has a dark sound with tight bass. Soundstage and imaging is average for an open can
K551 wont fit even with a case with a biggest hole doh.gif
darude87
post Nov 4 2014, 11:42 AM

hhhoooiii!!!
1,407 posts

QUOTE(RowanPaladin @ Nov 3 2014, 08:01 PM)
Was he right? brows.gif
unfortunately, yes. I dun have a decoder for DSD, nor do i have the source.
Now my cans sounds so dull cry.gif
joshuachew
post Nov 4 2014, 08:25 PM

Portable Master Race
1,828 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 3 2014, 12:06 AM)
auditioned:
- LCD X with ALO RX MK3 B+
- oppo PM1 and oppo HA1
- Sony MDR-Z7 with PHA-3 + Sony custom Kimber cable , and MDR-Z7 with ALO RX MK3 B+

Source:
my Sony Xperia Z1 3.5mm out or usb out with the PHA-3

rough summary:
the MDR-Z7 is definitely the star for me, threw me off guard as to how close cans typically sound.

heck, E1 - AKG told me it's semi open/closed, however Sony themselves specify it as closed so tongue.gif

i really like the PHA-3, especially as a portal since it can connect usb with my Xperia phone easily.
however the power charging is a total turn off as it drains faster than the puny usb power source could charge it.

in the end i still prefer the stock cable over the kimber ones http://store.sony.com/high-performance-bal...le-Audio-Cables
because:
- comes with the headphone
- black chrome > colorful oddness
- biased preference against silver cables tongue.gif

and ALO audio RX MK3 B+ over the PHA-3 mainly because the PRAT ALO audio amp can provide.
the bass is also definitely much better on the alo than PHA-3

to sum up on the oppo - the bass just doesn't meet my minimum requirement tongue.gif
Haha. If you prefer the 3 over the x there isn't anything for me to comment. I can't comment on your preference.
Quazacolt
post Nov 4 2014, 09:22 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Nov 4 2014, 08:25 PM)
Haha. If you prefer the 3 over the x there isn't anything for me to comment. I can't comment on your preference.
It merely reminded me on the pages of discussion on the other thread laugh.gif
rotijon25
post Nov 8 2014, 12:52 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

Hahaha, saw my mug on a few of the pic (Dude in grey shirt)

Great event, got to test out the Dita's etc., but not the Z7, that one too addictive liao, everyone kept queuing for it =D

The Z5's really impressed me as well as the EX1000 paired with the Ak240/Chord.
penmarker
post Nov 8 2014, 01:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,002 posts

QUOTE(rotijon25 @ Nov 8 2014, 12:52 AM)
Hahaha, saw my mug on a few of the pic (Dude in grey shirt)

Great event, got to test out the Dita's etc., but not the Z7, that one too addictive liao, everyone kept queuing for it =D

The Z5's really impressed me as well as the EX1000 paired with the Ak240/Chord.

I think you're playing music on your headphones too loud. Can hear like a ringtone is going off.

rotijon25
post Nov 8 2014, 04:25 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

Hahahahaha

Yeah, too used to it.
wkkm007
post Jan 5 2019, 11:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,116 posts

Wow already 5 years, just like happened yesterday smile.gif

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top