Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bread maker, Bread maker's paddle

lavender-wendy
post Sep 30 2014, 08:47 AM, updated 4y ago

Group: Junior Member

any one out there using bread maker?

i just brought my bread maker (tesco) last week... (sorry ar.. first time user)... tried to fix in the paddle onto the shaft...
after put in.. i dont see the 'click' of secure between the paddle and the shaft whereby the manual said "push the paddle firmly'...

i mean the paddle can be lift up easily.. just like pen cover... any advise? or it is like this.... icon_question.gif
tsunade
post Sep 30 2014, 09:04 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

may I know what brand and model is your bread maker? i'm using a kenwood. there is no locking mechanism for the paddle on the shaft. just slot it in. almost everytime, the paddle will come out with the bread even though it is not supposed to laugh.gif
lavender-wendy
post Sep 30 2014, 09:17 AM

QUOTE(tsunade @ Sep 30 2014, 09:04 AM)
may I know what brand and model is your bread maker? i'm using a kenwood. there is no locking mechanism for the paddle on the shaft. just slot it in. almost everytime, the paddle will come out with the bread even though it is not supposed to  laugh.gif
is tesco brand... oh.. so just merely slot in....

even the bottom of the shaft hv a knot... i bodoh bodoh thought it must hv a 'click' in between tim... blush.gif

ok ok will give a try tonite bake... eh... can ask stupid q har...

i want to bake raisin bread with delay time... so i put all the ingredient sekaligus? sweat.gif

tsunade
post Sep 30 2014, 09:31 AM

Regular

hmm.... different bread maker will be different in this sense, but raisin usually goes in at a later stage. some models have compartment for you to put in the raisin, where it will automatically dispense into the dough. for those without this compartment, it will beep to tell you when it is time to put in the raisin

whether you can put it in earlier or not, I never tried before. not sure will effect the raising of the dough though
dkk
post Sep 30 2014, 10:08 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Group: Elite

Mine has no slot/click either. It won't come off during mixing. Once cooked and you remove the bread, it will come off. But I don't like it like that.

If you cook the bread with the paddle in place, once the bread is done, there's a big hole right in the middle of the bread, where the paddle is.

What I do is to remove the paddle after the mixing, and during the rising stage. That way, the baked bread has only a small circular hole where the post for the paddle is. Much neater. smile.gif

BTW: I think you add the raising early on. Well, if you mix it twice, then it must be (at latest) before the second mix, and before the final rise. Because if you only sprinkle the raisins on top, then they will all be on top of the bread. It probably wouldn't stick too well, unless you press them in, each individually. Normally, I just dump them in in the beginning. Laziness. Isn't that why we bought the breadmaker instead of hand kneeding and using a regular oven? smile.gif
jaytea
post Oct 2 2014, 11:47 PM

QUOTE(lavender-wendy @ Sep 30 2014, 08:47 AM)
any one out there using bread maker?

i just brought my bread maker (tesco) last week... (sorry ar.. first time user)... tried to fix in the paddle onto the shaft...
after put in.. i dont see the 'click' of secure between the paddle and the shaft whereby the manual said "push the paddle firmly'...

i mean the paddle can be lift up easily.. just like pen cover... any advise? or it is like this....  icon_question.gif
maybe you can post your question in this fb page
https://www.facebook.com/tescobmPaddle?fref=ts
patryn33
post Oct 3 2014, 12:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!

I just use my bread maker to knead the dough. didn't like bread that has the holes in bottom.
I use a zojirushi today, cheap ones fail easily not loving them.
TinyPumpkin
post Oct 10 2014, 02:26 PM

Regular

I don't have a bread maker so never made bread before till now. I use kefir to make sourdough; so don't need a bread maker. tongue.gif
Attached Image
jaxonjesse
post Dec 7 2017, 07:44 PM

Group: Newbie

I don't know about that products as much. Recently I bought a bread maker Zorjirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery after reviewing from https://foodgear.org/best-bread-maker-reviews/, this site. This device is best. No, paddle problems. Features, performance, durability, and ease of use are brilliant.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0571sec    1.63    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 07:18 AM