Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Will you buy windows phone again?, your next phone and reason?

Will you buy windows phone again?

Yes [ 249 ] ** [53.90%]
No [ 213 ] ** [46.10%]
Total Votes: 462
Guests cannot vote 
views

hanii
post Dec 7 2017, 09:15 PM

14 posts

Nokia is back. Bye Microsoft
touristking
post Sep 15 2018, 10:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

I like WP. They are lighter on the resources. But not enough apps.

ZZR-Pilot
post Dec 8 2018, 09:19 AM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jul 5 2017, 06:49 PM)
After using Lumia 720, I got a Lumia 830. I thought I could use it till the end of the year, but all updates & support for it had ended in the beginning of the year... and so when I saw the reigning flagship 950XL being sold at half price just a year after being launched, I grabbed it.

I love the tile system. So much better than the mess of icons that android & ios give you. That is the major reason I'm still with Windows for so many years.

But alas... there is absolutely fuck-all in the horizon for WinPhone. It really does seem that Microsoft wants us to piss off to Android.

So when my 950XL dies end of next year (never count on smatphones to hv a service life >2 years... either the hardware dies or they obsolete the phone thru new OS upgrades that require new hardware), I may be forced to switch to something else...
Right on schedule, my 950XL's battery is dying and requires increasingly frequent charging. I went to Lowyat yesterday to look for a replacement battery, and those guys were staring at me like I was carrying some archaeological artifact.

Windows rolled out an update last month, I think. But the apps are seldom updating. For example, only Whatsapp updated yesterday in the past few weeks or so, and even then new features such as stickers are still missing. Nothing else is updating. It's truly the end of the road.

Facebook crashes during launch half the time. I don't run games anymore due to the weak battery. The phone overheats at the slightest provocation, the screen would freeze without reason every now and then. I hv stopped using a screen protector for a year now, and the screen has survived the abuse I threw at it without a scratch.

I'll be away in Thailand for the next two weeks, when I come back I'm getting a Huawei Mate 20 and finally make the inevitable cross over to Android.

I hv held on for as long as I could, now it's time to take my 950XL on our final vacation together before I retire it into my drawer of dead Lumia phones...

17 Pages « < 15 16 17Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0473sec    0.38    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:49 PM