Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Simulation Squadron 42 and Star Citizen - by Chris Roberts, Wing Commander + Freelancer + MMO

views

TSpyre
post May 31 2014, 11:38 PM, updated 5 months ago

28 posts

System requirements: Minimum & Recommended
https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/...em-Requirements

Discord for discussion: https://discord.gg/UetYV7c
Please note that the server bot will send a message to you (in the left side bar of Discord). Click on the link the bot provides to verify yourself. Then it will grant access to the Discord server.

user posted image

user posted image

The original extended video that was so important & memorable:

20 mins of What Star Citizen is all about ...

Ship videos / commercials:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Tech videos:

Want to learn more about the game?
Please visit this link: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Package split information:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-lin...lit-Information

Reclaim the stars in the exciting new Space Epic from legendary game designer Chris Roberts.

What is Life-Time-Insurance (LTI)?
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-lin...e-Clarification

Multiple Package Clarification:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-lin...e-Clarification

More important links:
Main site: Roberts Space Industries
Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd

See you in the 'Verse!

This post has been edited by pyre: Mar 2 2023, 07:31 AM
TSpyre
post May 31 2014, 11:40 PM

28 posts

Star Citizen Client Error Codes
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/disconnection-codes

Projected system requirements:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/d...Comment_2566394
from
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/d...Comment_2145055
user posted image

Release schedule:

Arena Commander Videos

Hangar module:

This post has been edited by pyre: Dec 1 2017, 06:40 AM
TSpyre
post May 31 2014, 11:40 PM

28 posts

The Next Great Starship:

Artwork: (Rotating artwork)

This post has been edited by pyre: May 31 2014, 11:54 PM
TSpyre
post May 31 2014, 11:41 PM

28 posts

Star Systems:

Personal & Hangar equipment:

This post has been edited by pyre: May 31 2014, 11:54 PM
TSpyre
post May 31 2014, 11:41 PM

28 posts

Music: (Official or Fan-made)

Facial animation and FPS mode

This post has been edited by pyre: May 31 2014, 11:50 PM
TSpyre
post May 31 2014, 11:42 PM

28 posts

Economy and AI details. What we know so far...

Fan content

This post has been edited by pyre: May 31 2014, 11:55 PM
TSpyre
post May 31 2014, 11:42 PM

28 posts

Reserved for additional game features & information to be shared here

Cheesenium
post May 31 2014, 11:50 PM

Vigilo Confido
4,852 posts

I hope you realised that there is an existing thread on the same game.

Jigoku
post Jun 1 2014, 02:29 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

Well this is stupid just because the TS has negative view on the game.The mods jz decided to change the TS of the thread to someone who jz continue copy pasta stuff that i can find googling instead of honest opinion of people who bought the game and is disappointed of its current state of the game.

I mean come on at least we have both the positive and negative review of the current state of the game.Pretty obvious since the kickstarter project till now there is no demo of the game but jz concept art,screenshot and trailer and lots of promises.

Now you are just like our gov "Jangan Persoal" policy.

Introduction of a game shouldnt be negative and should promote the content of the game even though it has its flaws.
Really? Despite the cons of the game we should all jz be positive bout the game and give it a thumbs up?

BUY THE GAME PEOPLE ITS SO GREAT ITS GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVOLVING MMORPG TO THE NEXT GEN OF ITS OWN?

yes jz me ranting and probably this will be deleted by the mods or me given a warning/send to bora bora island for stating my opinion.

TSpyre
post Jun 1 2014, 06:59 AM

28 posts

We will be testing tonight's build tonight and on Saturday. If it's good, we'll keep testing. If it has further issues, we'll try to resolve them this weekend. Then on Monday morning we'll have a go/no-go meeting to decide if we can release it then. Whatever we decide there, you'll hear about it in the next update.

The point of the post today is to warn people not to expect the game to come out Saturday or Sunday - we can't release it over a weekend for a variety of reasons (largely because of the support needed for the launch.) Monday is a possibility, but again not a promise until we've had a good solid look at the current build.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/d...Comment_2610188
memphiz_zero88
post Jun 1 2014, 07:22 AM

My stars has gone. T_T
Group Icon
Staff
2,255 posts

QUOTE(Jigoku @ Jun 1 2014, 02:29 AM)
Well this is stupid just because the TS has negative view on the game.The mods jz decided to change the TS of the thread to someone who jz continue copy pasta stuff that i can find googling instead of honest opinion of people who bought the game and is disappointed of its current state of the game.

I mean come on at least we have both the positive and negative review of the current state of the game.Pretty obvious since the kickstarter project till now there is no demo of the game but jz concept art,screenshot and trailer and lots of promises.
Really? Despite the cons of the game we should all jz be positive bout the game and give it a thumbs up?

BUY THE GAME PEOPLE ITS SO GREAT ITS GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVOLVING MMORPG TO THE NEXT GEN OF ITS OWN?

yes jz me ranting and probably this will be deleted by the mods or me given a warning/send to bora bora island for stating my opinion.
tarvalslain87
ChocChristy
post Jun 1 2014, 08:26 AM

Casual
307 posts

Still have the cheapest tier package. I'm really really hoping they won't disappoint, even though I'm skeptical about it now.

I agree that the title of the old thread was a bit too negative. But at the same time, I feel that it was fair to give warning and point out signs that should make us think twice about this game. At the moment, it feels quite like a gamble ><
Cheesenium
post Jun 1 2014, 10:27 AM

Vigilo Confido
4,852 posts

QUOTE(Jigoku @ Jun 1 2014, 02:29 AM)

This is a special case, Star Citizen is not a game. It is a crowd funded project with very little actual followup after over 2 years of development other than numerous artwork, models without any technical details which it should be shown by now. I backed over a dozen of games, Star Citizen is the worst performing crowd funded project with a ridiculously high budget as even 1 man studio are able to provide much more solid updates than this.

The fans of this concept thinks Star Citizen cannot be criticised as they think this crowd funded project is perfect. It isnt and no crowd funded projects are. pyre has been wanting to have his own thread for numerous times, because he wants have the first post to promote the game while always seemed to be unreceptive with the criticism of the "game" that isnt even playable yet. Whats even more concerning is, pyre has only post the positive news of the game so far while avoiding the negative ones (such as the playable module delay), because he seemed like negative views will hurt the game's reputation. At the same time, he is constantly breaking the rules of posting large size images that are over 1MB where this thread is inaccessible on a data plan as it will use up a lot of your data without knowing.

The reason I wrote that first post is because the game is becoming a major pyramid or ponzi skim, except this one has none of the public getting any return of investment. I felt that people needs to know that the game is a non-performing crowd funded project where should not be supported for now until something substantial is released in near future. After collecting 44 million from the public, the company behind this game has not released a playable content now while the fans of the game are still actively encouraging people to pledge for the game. What happens if this game got delayed indefinitely which happened numerous times in the game industry? No one's getting a refund when that happens.

This game is being lead by Chris Roberts who have a history of over promising a game's ideas while under delivers it. Look up Freelancer and Strike Commander. This isnt a game who is lead by Brian Fargo or Ian Bell who has a reputation of completing games on time and mostly deliver what they had promised.

Not to mention, over 2 years of development and there are absolutely nothing playable at all, then, these fans of this concept still want to hype people up by encouraging people to pledge for all these expensive pledge ships that ranges from Rm100 to RM45,000+. Then, try to drown out the negative criticism because they dont like to hear that. I'll be surprised if this isnt some form of MLM or pyramid skim.

The worse thing is, if people start to post some MLM or a pyramid scheme on Kopitiam, it will get shot down immediately while for Star Citizen, this managed to get away. Probably because this is made by Chris Roberts.

If you do not believe me, here is a quote from an artist who works in the game industry.

Fairly well put, I share the sentiment.

RSI set themselves up with a hard job - I think they underestimated many things, from backer expectations to the technical roadmap they were forcing upon themselves by offering so many "ideas" as stretch goals.

When you go on Kickstarter asking for money, and it starts flowing in beyond your wildest dreams, it's difficult to keep your feet on the ground.

There are no shortage of great ideas in game development, but a lot of them - usually the coolest - never make into the game, because they're just so time consuming, and you have so many other things to do. And you can't solve it by throwing more people at the problem, because (this should be a well known fact by now), more bodies makes things worse, not better.

The post-kickstarter success has only made things worse. Not content with taking what they already have, they had to set up the most expensive looking website they could (suffers the same problem of excess - it's difficult to navigate), fill it with even more ways people can invest in the game (up to $15,000 !? and there are people complaining about Premium Beta prices!), provide all the episodic stories, and stage round-table "update" discussions with the developers. Honestly, I really felt for the artists - they have that haunted "leave me alone, I'm busy" air about them.

I don't know Chris Roberts, I've never met him or worked with anyone who has, but his public approach to problems - assuring everyone that the team will give daily updates, for example - is another alarm bell, a management approach which is hard to escape because it was set up as a promise "to our backers" right at the beginning (complete transparency). Is there anyone here working in games, that relishes having to make daily reports - not just to the boss, but joe public as well? It gets in the way.

Making games is hard. Thinking you can do it (with a middleware you didn't write, no less) and keep everyone informed every step of the way, while meeting deadlines for things that you haven't really considered, is dangerous.

I look forward to playing Star Citizen, and I've not got any interest in knocking it - I'm purely observing here - but, as an artist myself, I feel for the guys that are having to actually make this stuff. They're not the ones that made all the promises, but they sure as heck are the ones who're taking the beating and long hours over it.
Source
TSpyre
post Jun 1 2014, 04:12 PM

28 posts

This post has been edited by pyre: Jun 17 2014, 08:03 PM
TSpyre
post Jun 2 2014, 01:24 PM

28 posts

This post has been edited by pyre: Jun 17 2014, 08:03 PM
TSpyre
post Jun 2 2014, 10:20 PM

28 posts

This post has been edited by pyre: Jun 17 2014, 08:04 PM
TSpyre
post Jun 3 2014, 09:27 AM

28 posts

We’re almost there! A weekend of hard testing revealed several blockers in the current Release Candidate. The team has worked to resolve these today, and believe we have a good build now. Our internal QA group will be testing it overnight tonight, with our next “go/no-go” meeting scheduled for early tomorrow morning. The good news is that we’re closer than ever, and our efforts over the weekend had the team resolving issues on the fly as they were found by QA.

We will update you tomorrow morning (US time) on the results of the go/no-go meeting.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-lin...ate-June-2-2014
Cheesenium
post Jun 3 2014, 12:40 PM

Vigilo Confido
4,852 posts

QUOTE(pyre @ Jun 3 2014, 09:27 AM)
Thats it?

The constant delay with lack of communication and technical information is quite concerning.
TSpyre
post Jun 3 2014, 10:11 PM

28 posts

This post has been edited by pyre: Jun 17 2014, 08:04 PM
Archaven
post Jun 3 2014, 11:32 PM

It isn't Death you should be afraid of
1,201 posts

Although Cheese tone is quite harsh, but you cannot demerit him for him making a point. I kind of agree it's almost a scam that they kept on failing in meeting the deadlines. It's totally unacceptable.

While i'm excited for this game, i'm not gonna spend a penny until it's fully released.

26 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0224sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:20 PM