Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guitar Class, Opinion on the structure

views

freakfingers12
post Apr 27 2014, 07:17 AM

Honor thy father
2,283 posts

QUOTE(hullabaloo_bard @ Apr 24 2014, 02:57 PM)
Guys,

I am planning to attend a basic guitar lesson with someone that I found in Mudah.

The class will be once a week and every session will take 2 hours. Basically, 8 hours per month. He is charging me RM150 per month with one-off registration of RM50. The beginner class will take 3 months and intermediate class will take another 3 months.

He will only teaches way to play electric guitar as he told me it is better approach rather than start learning with acoustic guitar. Before the class starts, he will guide me to buy electric guitar.

Personally, I prefer acoustic guitar as it is easier to practice at home and I prefer the acoustic sound.

My question:

1) Is learning electric guitar first is the preferred approach?
2) Do I need to buy all the accessories if I want to practice at home?
3) Is the class fee reasonable?
LOL no. Wrong guy. If your interest is learning the acoustic guitar, then go for acoustic guitar classes. What's better about learning the electric guitar first, I don't know. Just learn what you're interested in first rather than going all jazzy and shit. How sure are you that you will be able to complete the 'beginner' and 'intermediate' syllabuses within 3 months? Everybody has a different pace and if he's really gonna follow that 3 months thing bulat bulat, I'm only concerned whether or not you're capable of catching up in time.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 PM