Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Symbian Discussion: Series 60, ** Installation Guide **

views

Optiplex330
post Apr 6 2010, 09:53 PM

10k Club
12,696 posts

QUOTE(NewbieHero @ Mar 18 2010, 05:44 PM)
i had the same problem.. wat i did is i re-edit all the names in contacts.. sigh~
This is what I did. Install Nokia Ovi Suite on PC. Transfer the data to NOS. Do the editing using pc keyboard. Transfer back to phone.

chee yat
post Apr 12 2010, 10:09 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

Guyz, can you recommended what software should be or 'must' install for symbian os? Symbian s60 v5?

Added on April 12, 2010, 10:12 amAny website that supply free SATIO software?

This post has been edited by chee yat: Apr 12 2010, 10:12 AM
harrisz
post Apr 18 2010, 09:14 PM

1 posts

of coz file explore.. its really need to manage ur files..
POYOZER
post May 8 2010, 06:38 PM

TRAVELER.com.my
3,624 posts

QUOTE(ihz @ Feb 28 2007, 11:54 AM)
Last time when I bought my 1GB MMC, I did ask the saler about the speed.
There are 2 types in a card, 1 is reading speed and 1 is writing speed.
If your card's reading speed is high, you can view numerous pictures, movies, etc without problem. With high writing speed, when you are performing tasks such as copying large file from a folder to another directory, it will be faster. That's what I know. So, you have to ask them before buying. just like our CD rom -- 48X, 52X...
So far, I know MMC plus is faster than normal MMC. It has an extra pin on it.
Try browsing wiki or something else for more information.
Hope it helps.

Added on February 28, 2007, 11:56 am
QD can't perform 3key method to reformat. Since that the phone can't boot as usual, he has to bring it for flashing.
Or maybe it's a hardware problem. Coz my friend encountered the same thing and he was told tat his phone's IC was burnt.
Anyway, try flashing first coz repairing the hardware is costly.
My Ngage QD cannot boot since last night after I did some bulk to hundreds of contact. Do you know any reliable shop can fix this problem? If possible I don't want they format the SMS. One reason I still keep that old phone because of the SMS and not other things. Thank you.
chee yat
post Jun 1 2010, 01:54 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

Any one knows how to solve my sony ericsson satio "certificate expired" problem?
kae7
post Jun 1 2010, 11:03 AM

10k VIP Club
All Stars
10,941 posts

QUOTE(chee yat @ Jun 1 2010, 01:54 AM)
Any one knows how to solve my sony ericsson satio "certificate expired" problem?
that isnt your SE problem..
it is because.. the apps that you gonna install had expired certificate...

there are a way.. which is adjust your date to 3-5 years before..[example : 1/6/2007] .. then try to install again..

basically...system will detect the certificate still not expired...

Darkmage12
post Jun 10 2010, 10:29 AM

shhhhhhhhh come i tell you something hehe
All Stars
16,927 posts

anyone here knows the file extension for text messages? or where is it stored? My text messages just suddenly all purged and now I'm trying to use data recovery software to recover but found so many stuff on it so dunno how to recover
Xenarz
post Jun 11 2010, 05:06 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Hi Guy, im having problem in my Nokia N82 that it doesnt support chinese character and cant type chinese... It also dun have simplified chinese in Language setting..

Any way to solve this issue?? Is my phone Euro version?? What can i do so that it can support and type in chinese??? I need it seriously..

Thanks.. Hope to hear from u guys.. Really appreciate..
kae7
post Jun 11 2010, 06:16 PM

10k VIP Club
All Stars
10,941 posts

QUOTE(Xenarz @ Jun 11 2010, 05:06 PM)
Hi Guy, im having problem in my Nokia N82 that it doesnt support chinese character and cant type chinese... It also dun have simplified chinese in Language setting..

Any way to solve this issue?? Is my phone Euro version?? What can i do so that it can support and type in chinese??? I need it seriously..

Thanks.. Hope to hear from u guys.. Really appreciate..
what is your product code..? [open the cover , take out battery and see the white sticker , check product code] ..

maybe yours isnt Asia Pacific region..

so.. you need to change product code.. [beware. not recommended for beginners]

anyway.. you can ask here --> http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1038971
Xenarz
post Jun 11 2010, 07:48 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(kae7 @ Jun 11 2010, 06:16 PM)
what is your product code..? [open the cover , take out battery and see the white sticker , check product code] ..

maybe yours isnt Asia Pacific region..
so.. you need to change product code.. [beware. not recommended for beginners]

anyway.. you can ask here --> http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1038971
Izit the Codigo?? Or IMEI number?? I didnt see any other code anymore..
kae7
post Jun 11 2010, 08:51 PM

10k VIP Club
All Stars
10,941 posts

QUOTE(Xenarz @ Jun 11 2010, 07:48 PM)
Izit the Codigo?? Or IMEI number?? I didnt see any other code anymore..
Codigo..??? what is that..

that number is above/below IMEI number
Xenarz
post Jun 12 2010, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(kae7 @ Jun 11 2010, 08:51 PM)
Codigo..??? what is that..

that number is above/below IMEI number
This codigo number is below IMEI and above WLAN number...

This is the code: 05550171P15C

Is this the one???
Xenarz
post Jun 14 2010, 05:21 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Dear sifu,

I have another problem.. My dictionary word information missing while i enter dictionary... It request for install word database...

After i've install the "Nokia Nseries Dictionary", what should i do the next?? Copy and paste where??? Anybody can guide??

Thanks..
i-Tech
post Jun 18 2010, 11:19 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(Xenarz @ Jun 12 2010, 11:26 AM)
This codigo number is below IMEI and above WLAN number...

This is the code: 05550171P15C

Is this the one???
This is not the product code. N82 product code for Malaysia is 0554982. You can search for it at the back of your phone behind the battery.
If you phone does not support chinese, you'll need to change the product code to those which can such as Malaysia, Singapore or Hong Kong. By changing the product code you'll need to do some homework on the internet because flashing your phone is not recommended for beginners...

QUOTE(Xenarz @ Jun 14 2010, 05:21 PM)
Dear sifu,

I have another problem.. My dictionary word information missing while i enter dictionary... It request for install word database...

After i've install the "Nokia Nseries Dictionary", what should i do the next?? Copy and paste where??? Anybody can guide??

Thanks..
Nokia does not provide distionary for N82... The copy and paste only works for other phones. Try installing other third party dictionary.
Btw, I used N82 before. One of the legend in Nokia with good camera and Xenon flash (I admit that i bought it for the flash tongue.gif )... thumbup.gif But it will soon be replaced by N8
Xenarz
post Jun 18 2010, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(i-Tech @ Jun 18 2010, 11:19 AM)
This is not the product code. N82 product code for Malaysia is 0554982. You can search for it at the back of your phone behind the battery.
If you phone does not support chinese, you'll need to change the product code to those which can such as Malaysia, Singapore or Hong Kong. By changing the product code you'll need to do some homework on the internet because flashing your phone is not recommended for beginners...
Nokia does not provide distionary for N82... The copy and paste only works for other phones. Try installing other third party dictionary.
Btw, I used N82 before. One of the legend in Nokia with good camera and Xenon flash (I admit that i bought it for the flash  tongue.gif )...  thumbup.gif But it will soon be replaced by N8
05550171 is the product code.. I've flash it to malaysia code alrdy.. Quite simple step as taught by other member..

Regarding the dictionary, after i have download and extract to my root folder, it still cant work.. But my friend's N82 does support Eng-Chi dictionary in his ori firmware phone..
Still havent settle this problem... Any comments from others??

Thx
i-Tech
post Jun 18 2010, 12:36 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(Xenarz @ Jun 18 2010, 11:46 AM)
05550171 is the product code.. I've flash it to malaysia code alrdy.. Quite simple step as taught by other member..

Regarding the dictionary, after i have download and extract to my root folder, it still cant work.. But my friend's N82 does support Eng-Chi dictionary in his ori firmware phone..
Still havent settle this problem... Any comments from others??

Thx
I've searched for related articles and forums for months regarding the dictionary before and it seems that only N82 with original firmware directly from Nokia will have the dictionary. Even after you updated your phone will clear the dictionary database. So my advice is to try other third party softwares rather than stucking in a question with no answer.

But if you are able to find anything useful regarding this problem, please share with us. Cheers... biggrin.gif
technoviz
post Jun 22 2010, 02:25 PM

38 posts

Take a look at these set of web templates in the Forum Nokia library providing a series of custom, styled, and tested mobile web components.
These components are suitable for most S60 3rd Edition and S60 5th Edition devices from Nokia and also are compatible with newer Series 40 WebKit and Maemo devices. You guys can either mix and match the components or use the full series to completely customise your mobile website or application.
Download it here http://bit.ly/dC0C2Y

aztechx
post Jul 1 2010, 02:13 AM

~Aviation Freak~
3,813 posts

guys,i m trying to revive my old nokia 6120 as my secondary phone..running on symbian s60 3rd edition..question is,is it possible to install zip application files?
lordzarx
post Jul 1 2010, 02:18 AM

On My Way
769 posts

wat do u mean by zip application?
symbian phone can only install .sis file or .sisx
aztechx
post Jul 1 2010, 03:21 AM

~Aviation Freak~
3,813 posts

QUOTE(lordzarx @ Jul 1 2010, 02:18 AM)
wat do u mean by zip application?
symbian phone can only install .sis file or .sisx
sorry,i think it was a warez file i downloaded..dont think would be appropriate to discuss here..took me 2 hours to re-learn everything..including how to type an sms using a normal keypad.. tongue.gif

127 Pages « < 123 124 125 126 127 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0643sec    1.13    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th December 2019 - 11:59 PM