Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Change Owner Details, Ipad mini

views

TSAmesozai
post Nov 27 2013, 01:55 AM, updated 11y ago

42 posts

hi,this saturday i decide buy a secondhand ipad mini from a buyer. can i change the owner of the ipad from him to me? is it i cant send for warranty as the ipad owner is not mine? he buy the ipad mini from online apple store. than you.
ecosean
post Nov 27 2013, 04:32 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Amesozai @ Nov 27 2013, 01:55 AM)
hi,this saturday i decide buy a secondhand ipad mini from a buyer. can i change the owner of the ipad from him to me? is it i cant send for warranty as the ipad owner is not mine? he buy the ipad mini from online apple store. than you.
As long as the iPad is still within Warranty (1 year default), if you encounter any Manufacture Defect you can bring the iPad to any of
Apple's Authorised Service Providers (AASP) in Malaysia.

List of AASP Malaysia << Check this thread to see list of AASP.

Don't worry if you do not get a receipt from the seller, Warranty check usually use serial number only, but usually they will ask for receipt, but if don't have no problem.
Also keep the box, in-case some persistent staff at AASP want proof you can show the box, but should be no problem as well.

So yes, iPad owners can be switch no problem.

Tip: You can check Warranty of iPad prior to purchase here >> Apple Selfsolve

IMPORTANT: If iPad is running iOS 7 and above, make sure the seller have signed out his Apple ID from device and turn off "Find my iPhone/iDevice in iCloud Settings" before you take. This is because if any problem with the iPad, even after Restore, the iPad will require the Apple ID of the previous owner in order to use, if you don't know the Apple ID, the iPad is locked out from anyone but the previous owner

This post has been edited by ecosean: Nov 27 2013, 04:41 AM
SUSkimsim
post Nov 27 2013, 06:46 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(Amesozai @ Nov 27 2013, 01:55 AM)
All apple products was come with iTunes or App download.
The warranty is shown online in apple supports, these is didn't mention owner is own by who.

Once you activate = sending to apple system direct.

You can ask seller to deleted all contacts, before selling to you.

These is nothing to leave existing owner is who.
Any warranty issue was refer on supports with warranty expiry date.

I guess malaysia iPads all warranty claim from Singapore Asia outlet serving centre.

Last time my ipad bought in m'sia apple website, but they delivered from Singapore also smile.gif

But last time mine, even bought online you still can warranty in Machines outlet.

Take you around 1 month time, after done is exchange with new set.. brows.gif

This post has been edited by kimsim: Nov 27 2013, 06:48 AM
TSAmesozai
post Nov 27 2013, 08:29 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(ecosean @ Nov 27 2013, 04:32 AM)
As long as the iPad is still within Warranty (1 year default), if you encounter any Manufacture Defect you can bring the iPad to any of
Apple's Authorised Service Providers (AASP) in Malaysia.

List of AASP Malaysia << Check this thread to see list of AASP.

Don't worry if you do not get a receipt from the seller, Warranty check usually use serial number only, but usually they will ask for receipt, but if don't have no problem.
Also keep the box, in-case some persistent staff at AASP want proof you can show the box, but should be no problem as well.

So yes, iPad owners can be switch no problem.

Tip: You can check Warranty of iPad prior to purchase here >> Apple Selfsolve

IMPORTANT: If iPad is running iOS 7 and above, make sure the seller have signed out his Apple ID from device and turn off "Find my iPhone/iDevice in iCloud Settings" before you take. This is because if any problem with the iPad, even after Restore, the iPad will require the Apple ID of the previous owner in order to use, if you don't know the Apple ID, the iPad is locked out from anyone but the previous owner
wow,than you very much. your reply is very useful for me xD can i call the seller sign out and sign my apple id in on the spot? and after i sign in with my id, the "Find my iPhone/iDevice in iCloud Settings" will automatic turn on with my id?
TSAmesozai
post Nov 27 2013, 08:33 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Nov 27 2013, 06:46 AM)
All apple products was come with iTunes or App download.
The warranty is shown online in apple supports, these is didn't mention owner is own by who.

Once you activate = sending to apple system direct.

You can ask seller to deleted all contacts, before selling to you.

These is nothing to leave existing owner is who.
Any warranty issue was refer on supports with warranty expiry date.

I guess malaysia iPads all warranty claim from Singapore Asia outlet serving centre.

Last time my ipad bought in m'sia apple website, but they delivered from Singapore also smile.gif

But last time mine, even bought online you still can warranty in Machines outlet.

Take you around 1 month time, after done is exchange with new set.. brows.gif
if a person steal my ipad, then he/she also can claim warranty?
i scare the service centre say the ipad is a stolen item ==
SUSkimsim
post Nov 27 2013, 01:10 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(Amesozai @ Nov 27 2013, 08:33 AM)
if a person steal my ipad, then he/she also can claim warranty?
i scare the service centre say the ipad is a stolen item ==
Unless you call in or send email to support and block the serial number.
ecosean
post Nov 27 2013, 01:19 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(Amesozai @ Nov 27 2013, 08:29 AM)
wow,than you very much. your reply is very useful for me xD can i call the seller sign out and sign my apple id in on the spot? and after i sign in with my id, the "Find my iPhone/iDevice in iCloud Settings" will automatic turn on with my id?
You need to ask the seller sign out his Apple ID and turn off Find my iPhone/iDevice also. It will not automatically turn on/off.

You are welcome bro ! Goodluck
leoyew
post Nov 29 2013, 01:35 PM

Don't suffer your limited life ; Enjoy every moment!
2,021 posts

you can claim the iPad follow by country, if oversea set can't claim at malaysia
whereis the love
post Nov 29 2013, 02:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

QUOTE(leoyew @ Nov 29 2013, 01:35 PM)
you can claim the iPad follow by country, if oversea set can't claim at malaysia
Ipad is global warranty dude
leoyew
post Nov 29 2013, 05:48 PM

Don't suffer your limited life ; Enjoy every moment!
2,021 posts

QUOTE(whereis the love @ Nov 29 2013, 02:33 PM)
Ipad is global warranty dude
ya hor, sorry i tot same with iPhone haha

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:23 PM