Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

65 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SteelSeries Thread V9, RIVAL 100 DotA 2 Edition coming!

H3LLKEEPER
post Aug 2 2013, 02:32 AM

Winning Is Everything!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(sasaug @ Aug 1 2013, 01:08 AM)
Hmm, should I grab sensei glossy or rubberized? I also saw frost blue at 269 which is a glossy one I assume?

I have an Xai but it got this double click issue and I'm looking for replacement.

Xai is my Dota mouse since I need the 2+2 side button but for normal usage, I stick to Kana since my Xai have double click issue.
Since you are used to xai
Better get the rubberized
SteelSeries Malaysia
post Aug 2 2013, 11:35 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(sasaug @ Aug 1 2013, 02:08 AM)
Hmm, should I grab sensei glossy or rubberized? I also saw frost blue at 269 which is a glossy one I assume?

I have an Xai but it got this double click issue and I'm looking for replacement.

Xai is my Dota mouse since I need the 2+2 side button but for normal usage, I stick to Kana since my Xai have double click issue.
I'm xai user happy.gif now change to Sensei Frost Blue happy.gif feeling better a lot
SteelSeries Malaysia
post Aug 3 2013, 03:36 PM

We're proud to announce the sponsorship of Invictus Gaming -iG and we would like to wish them good luck at The International 3!

Read more at: http://steelseries.com/blog/press/igsponsorship

Attached Image
ZeratoS
post Aug 6 2013, 06:34 PM

Oh you.

Hey there. Any idea if you guys will be able to secure this?
http://steelseries.com/products/games/dota...-dota-2-edition
H3LLKEEPER
post Aug 6 2013, 08:21 PM

Winning Is Everything!

QUOTE(ZeratoS @ Aug 6 2013, 05:34 PM)
Hey there. Any idea if you guys will be able to secure this?
http://steelseries.com/products/games/dota...-dota-2-edition
Really like the red and black design
I think it will arrive in malaysia a few weeks after it launches
MathsGeniusOrNot
post Aug 7 2013, 01:20 AM

Casual

hey guys is steelseries sensei good? currently using a DA black.. and i feel like trying out steelseries product.... by good i mean by performance,comfortability,durability... i've heard many bad reviews about it such as the lousy sensor and the coating often peels off, and the US are only getting it for like 70$= rm210 whereas we have to pay for rm400 to get it.. do u think its still worth it? plz reply guiys ;-) thanks~~
H3LLKEEPER
post Aug 7 2013, 12:29 PM

Winning Is Everything!

QUOTE(MathsGeniusOrNot @ Aug 7 2013, 12:20 AM)
hey guys is steelseries sensei good? currently using a DA black.. and i feel like trying out steelseries product.... by good i mean by performance,comfortability,durability... i've heard many bad reviews about it such as the lousy sensor and the coating often peels off, and the US are only getting it for like 70$= rm210 whereas we have to pay for rm400 to get it.. do u think its still worth it? plz reply guiys ;-) thanks~~
do you want the extra features? if not just get a glossy or rubber sensei raw
direct steelseries store retail price is 89.90 euro which converts to 388.56 myr.
sensei is a good mouse just that the metal coating peeling issue is quite common.
Xypheria
post Aug 7 2013, 02:51 PM

Enthusiast

Hi guys
I just bought SS Kana dota2 edition / Siberia v2 / Sensei raw FB

I installed the Engine but the error came out 'Driver not available.Application will exit now'

How to fix this error?

Thanks !
MathsGeniusOrNot
post Aug 7 2013, 03:34 PM

Casual

QUOTE(H3LLKEEPER @ Aug 7 2013, 12:29 PM)
do you want the extra features? if not just get a glossy or rubber sensei raw
direct steelseries store retail price is 89.90 euro which converts to 388.56 myr.
sensei is a good mouse just that the metal coating peeling issue is quite common.
nope dunwan the extra features, glossy/rubber got the peeling issue? if i have sweaty palms which 1 should i get?
i can get from impulse store about 200+RM
H3LLKEEPER
post Aug 7 2013, 05:19 PM

Winning Is Everything!

QUOTE(MathsGeniusOrNot @ Aug 7 2013, 02:34 PM)
nope dunwan the extra features, glossy/rubber got the peeling issue? if i have sweaty palms which 1 should i get?
i can get from impulse store about 200+RM
If you prefer comfort over durability definitely the rubber. Vice versa

MathsGeniusOrNot
post Aug 7 2013, 05:32 PM

Casual

QUOTE(H3LLKEEPER @ Aug 7 2013, 05:19 PM)
If you prefer comfort over durability definitely the rubber. Vice versa
ooh of course i would prioritize comfort... thats what these mices are for, i'll go and try out the rubber! btw hows the laser? hope its not crappy
H3LLKEEPER
post Aug 7 2013, 07:57 PM

Winning Is Everything!

QUOTE(MathsGeniusOrNot @ Aug 7 2013, 04:32 PM)
ooh of course i would prioritize comfort... thats what these mices are for, i'll go and try out the rubber! btw hows the laser? hope its not crappy
Its good. Am using it myself and yet to notice any problems
MathsGeniusOrNot
post Aug 7 2013, 11:08 PM

Casual

QUOTE(H3LLKEEPER @ Aug 7 2013, 07:57 PM)
Its good. Am using it myself and yet to notice any problems
oh i only play dota2 but its better to have a nice sensor what right? :-)... any jitters? or accelerations(please no)
H3LLKEEPER
post Aug 7 2013, 11:14 PM

Winning Is Everything!

QUOTE(MathsGeniusOrNot @ Aug 7 2013, 10:08 PM)
oh i only play dota2 but its better to have a nice sensor what right? :-)... any jitters? or accelerations(please no)
no jitters no acceleration. Some review said there is but it isnt noticeable at all
MathsGeniusOrNot
post Aug 7 2013, 11:27 PM

Casual

QUOTE(H3LLKEEPER @ Aug 7 2013, 11:14 PM)
no jitters no acceleration. Some review said there is but it isnt noticeable at all
ohh probably those ppl are some perfectionist~ where did u get ur sensei from? urs is rubberised? thx for the guidance btw~ i heard some ppl say the sensei the laser not suitable using ss qck @@
H3LLKEEPER
post Aug 8 2013, 01:14 AM

Winning Is Everything!

QUOTE(MathsGeniusOrNot @ Aug 7 2013, 10:27 PM)
ohh probably those ppl are some perfectionist~ where did u get ur sensei from? urs is rubberised? thx for the guidance btw~ i heard some ppl say the sensei the laser not suitable using ss qck @@
mine is the frost blue version...equivalent to glossy version
it works just fine with qck...even with my coloured pad it works flawlessly
H3LLKEEPER
post Aug 8 2013, 02:56 PM

Winning Is Everything!

SteelSeries Sensei & Sensei Fnatic Edition Review
user posted image
Introduction
So lets get right onto the specs
CPI: 1-5700cpi(Can be doubled to 11700CPI)
Frames Per Second:12000
Inches Per Second: 150+
Acceleration at 30G
True 16bit sensor data path
Variable 1-5mm lift distance
2m braided cable
Gold plated USB connector
32bit ARM processor

Explanation:
CPI(counts per inch) is also known as DPI (dots per inch). SteelSeries uses the definition CPI because its more accurate to define the mouse.
Sensei features 12000 frames per second, another word is that it can process up to 12000 different type of images per second..For your understanding,mouse sensors are like taking pictures and then compare with the next picture to see how much it moved. In this case sensei's sensor can track up to 12000 frames per second. This factor is to determine the accuracy of the mouse
As for the inches per second,it determines the maximum speed of the mouse it can track. In this case sensei is able to track up to 150 inches per second which is equivalent to 3.8m/s…I doubt human has the possibilities to move this fast
Most mouse usually have 1.5mm lift distance..but sensei allows you to tweak even that lift distance..
And a gold plated USB for better connectivity.It supports report rate up to 1000Hz which is equivalent to 1ms reponse time. Normal mice will have only 8ms response time. In professional gaming,a few milliseconds delay can determine a player’s kill or death.
Braided cable are built to last long.Unlike rubber cable that will probably snap overtime

What is ARM processor?
The processor in SteelSeries Sensei is a 32 bit ARM processor and it is as fast as the original Pentium 75 MHz processor released by Intel in 1994. That is fast, incredibly fast. This reference may sound like overkill, but it’s this type of power that allows us to do sophisticated calculations directly on the mouse – without the need for software drivers and without having to rely on the user’s computer.

Our industry leading ExactTech settings, like ExactSens, ExactRate, ExactAim and more, are calculated directly on the mouse providing the user with a mouse movement that is completely free of any interpolation or extrapolation, without any delay, filtering and without using up memory or resources on the user’s computer.

It features the same ExactSens, Freemove and ExactAim technology as the Xai. But for Sensei, it added a few new extra features such as the ExactLift and ExactAccel.But sensei doesn’t have ExactRate settings. Keep that in mind. But you will still able to set the polling rate. Sensei is able to set 125Hz(8ms),250Hz(4ms), 500Hz(2ms) and at full speed 1000Hz(1ms)

ExactSens: It allows increment of 1 cpi means that you can fine tune the sensitivity for your liking. To find out what is the CPI before you were using, simply multiply the old CPI for your mouse and your in game sensitivity, Make sure to set your windows sensitivity to 6/11 and disable the enchance pointer precision to disable mouse acceleration

Freemove: What this basically does is that SteelSeries gives you the ability to either have no correction of the mouse movement or have a total correction of the mouse movement to draw a straight horizontally line when you are swiping your mouse horizontally. This is perfect for those who wanted a mouse for photoshop purposes and also gaming purposes.For gaming purposes I recommend turning the FreeMove to 0 while 10 for photoshop.

ExactAim/ExactAccel: Basically ExactAim is to decelerate your mouse speed so that you could have a better precision whe you are in sniping mode. ExactAccel is when you need a faster movement when you are using a rifle Personally I don’t find this feature to be useful for me cuz I rather have no accelerate or decelerate on my mouse movement

ExactLift: This feature allows you to tune your mouse lift distance. Normal laser mice has a lift distance of 1.5mm. For sensei you can tweak your mouse lift distance from 1mm to 5mm lift distance.

Packaging
user posted image

As usual SteelSeries like to keep their packaging nice and simple. All packaging allows the buyer to get an idea on how the mouse will feel on the user’s hand before they made the purchase.

And it comes with a SteelSeries sensei quick start guide, product brochure and a sticker. That’s it not much about it. The main thing u look forward is the mouse.

DESIGN

Design is similar to the Xai. SteelSeries maintained the shape because the shape is ambidextrous and at the same time its comfy for both hands. Furthermore the size is around medium size which is perfect. I found this mouse perfect for just any time of grippers. Whether you are palm, claw or fingertip. This mouse is fit for you
All buttons have a very good tactile feeling. Only problem I encounter is that if you are a right hander, you wont be able to use the right side button of the mouse. Personally I suggest you off it because those 2 buttons are easily pressed if you are a claw/fingertip gripper.
Glides used in this mouse are superb. By pairing it with my QcK+ EHome Edition, the mouse feels like its hovering on top of the mousepad. No joke!

Scroll wheel are quite silent if compared it to my old ikari optical.

Sensei features a customizable bitmap logo for the LCD screen.
With the Xai ,there could only be SteelSeries logo and nothing else. If you need a guide on how to set this bitmap, you can contact me. My details will be at the end of the review.
Performance
Mouse featuring 5700 cpi which can be doubled with its newly installed ARM processor.
After its doubled it would be 11400cpi. You wont have to trigger anything to activate the processor. You can easily set it from the LCD screen below the mouse
The settings that is available to set with the LCD is:
1. To select profile
2. ExactSens
3. FreeMove
4. ExactAim
5. ExactAccel
6. Polling Rate
7. ExactLift
To program macros, you will need to install the steelseries engine which is the software for Sensei.Note that sensei is able to hold 5 profile of itself. That includes all your sensitivity, freemove seting, exactaim ,exactaccel, polling rate ,exactlift and also your macro settings.( NOTE: You can program macros with the LCD screen)

I started it with a game of HoN. In this game you cant really test out the mouse’s true colour. But heck with it. I programmed one of the side trigger with ALT which is a activation key for item. You can precisely target which unit you want to hit .I noticed that my APM also increased from 80-90 to 110-130.

The next game would be Counter Strike 1.6. With this mouse, a headshot can be easily obtained. Mouse shape is perfect for fast swiping motion. Also I don’t encounter any signs of acceleration while using 1315 dpi. And not to mention my frag also increased.

DRIVER INTERFACE
Sensei’s driver is called steelseries engine
Here is a small screenshot of it

Setting up a macro is just very easy. Just click on the new action button,name your action and then start pressing key for the macro. If you want to set a single key, just disable the delay and then press 1 key. NOTE, the new action created will be listed under custom actions even if it’s a single key you made. After that just drag and drop onto the button that you want to assign that action to

Now we have the Onboard Profiles. After creating a profile the list will be on your left at the profiles tab. Simply drag and drop onto the desired profile and then off you go

Here is the properties tab. You can bind your profile with any application. Its not necessary has to be a game. Even photoshop will do

Here is the fun part. This is where you adjust most of the settings to customize the mouse for your own use.
1st they had a CPI tab,you can set your desired CPI value. CPI 1 and CPI 2 can be switched instantly by pressing the CPI button below the mouse wheel
Then we have the SteelSeries FreeMove, 0 value to off it 10 value to max it
LED colours, in this tab you can set any colour you want. There is 16.8 millions colour to be customized. However the LED cant be completely white
Moreover, There is the ExactAccel, ExactAim and ExactLift.
To create a custom bitmap, simply resize any of your pictures or art to 128 x 32 pixels then it will be ready to be below the mouse screen.
Polling rate AKA report rate can be changed in 4 settings 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1000Hz

Almost SteelSeries created a statistics tab. This is for you to see which button you had pressed the most and the least.

Differences between a Fnatic Edition Sensei with the Original Sensei

1st difference you will find on the picture is that SteelSeries Sensei Original Comes with SteelSeries Original Customisable LED logo while Fnatic comes with a orange Fnatic team logo. Note that the word FNATIC has the same LED feature as the Sensei Original

Both sides of the Fnatic mouse are plastic while the sides of the original sensei is rubber coated.
Other than that the top part of the SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic is rubber coated while the SteelSeries Sensei Original is coated with a metal paint

Conclusion

Pros:
-5700CPI/11400CPI more than enough for average user. Multiscreen worker could benefit the use of 11400CPI
-Great Design. Good weight and shape for fast movement
-Customisable LCD and LED makes the mouse fit for your own taste
-Great button feedback

Cons:
- Metal coat could be scratched off if not taken care properly

So in conclusion of the review. For serious gamers who wanted an edge in gaming, SteelSeries Sensei is a definite tool for you. Price tagged with RM399(429 for Fnatic Edition) it might not be that affordable to most casual gamers out there but if you have the budget for the Sensei. I will assure that you wont regret it.

Personally I would rate it
Design -10/10
Performance -10/10
Price -8/10

Quote from Doniyor, ex Counter Strike Gamer from Team Next Please:

“I recently bought the SteelSeries Sensei, which is developed by some of the best E-Sports players in the world. This awesome mouse features a 32-bit ARM processor, 3 light zones that you can customize, LCD display, 8 buttons and others. There is a driver for this mouse which is called SteelSeries Engine. In this driver you can create your own profile and add up to 5 profiles into your mouse, changed the color of lights, count mouse clicks, change CPI settings and polling rates.
Before Sensei I used SteelSeries Kinzu Red and I've never played games with laser mouse, because I didn't trust to laser mouses Once I tried Sensei I completly changed my mind, now I'm really happy that I own this mouse.
So if you are hardcore gamer and looking for gaming mouse this mouse may be for you. The price worth it. I recommend this mouse!”

noobandroid
post Aug 8 2013, 07:01 PM

Audiophile

finally got my kinzu v2 pro red
H3LLKEEPER
post Aug 9 2013, 04:00 PM

Winning Is Everything!

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Aug 8 2013, 06:01 PM)
finally got my kinzu v2 pro red
how it feels laugh.gif
noobandroid
post Aug 9 2013, 04:39 PM

Audiophile

QUOTE(H3LLKEEPER @ Aug 9 2013, 04:00 PM)
how it feels  laugh.gif
width is okay, height is so low, but 2 games of dota feels okay

65 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0815sec    2.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st May 2018 - 01:39 AM