Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

CIMB The Complete Banker Programme, Any guidance please?

views

netzaizz
post Dec 4 2013, 05:52 PM

23 posts

TCB is on again, anyone got interviewed? Salary info? smile.gif
cherryl9
post Dec 4 2013, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

What do you mean by it's "on again?" i thought it has always been rolling admission
netzaizz
post Dec 5 2013, 04:43 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(cherryl9 @ Dec 4 2013, 09:00 PM)
What do you mean by it's "on again?" i thought it has always been rolling admission
Oh, what I really meant was that. They open on Jobstreet. I know its a continuous one haha Maybe I didn't say accurately.
I think they hiring for year end cos' I think its quarterly? You in the programme? smile.gif
cherryl9
post Dec 5 2013, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Nope! actually I just applied to! When you said it's on again i thought you were contacted and i was like wth did i not hear anything haha! when did you apply? some peeps i know said it would take them quite some time to contact the candidates for an interview
m0nsterHunter
post Dec 5 2013, 08:18 PM

12 posts

I've registered in October, a week after that called for interview at Jalan Semantan.

1Hr 30Min. 1Hr to fill up form and write essay. 30Min is interview (normal chit chat)

One day later, received an email, asking to sit for online IQ test.

4 days, received email that I wasn't successfull. perhaps my IQ is too low tongue.gif
2 weeks after that, received another email saying that I'm not successful again.

There's four stage, interview, online stage, present something then finally with some HR boss. Then only placement.
cherryl9
post Dec 5 2013, 10:18 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

interview after a week? that was fast! did you have any work experience or did you graduate from some ivy league?
m0nsterHunter
post Dec 5 2013, 11:07 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(cherryl9 @ Dec 5 2013, 10:18 PM)
interview after a week? that was fast! did you have any work experience or did you graduate from some ivy league?
Nope, just some local private college, fresh from oven no experience.

But after i receive the rejection email, i was called for another interview from cimb. Still waiting for result. Emailed them last week, they told me the result still pending sad.gif
cherryl9
post Dec 5 2013, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

did they just dismiss you randomly and then call you back up again? that's so...err, inefficient? anyway, good luck to your application smile.gif
netzaizz
post Dec 5 2013, 11:25 PM

23 posts

Wow one week. Sorry to hear that you didn't make it. It makes me scared now haha

Cheryl, if you make it or anything mind posting here or PM me? This wait is making me anxious. And oh yeah, I applied too.
cherryl9
post Dec 6 2013, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(netzaizz @ Dec 5 2013, 11:25 PM)
Wow one week. Sorry to hear that you didn't make it. It makes me scared now haha

Cheryl, if you make it or anything mind posting here or PM me? This wait is making me anxious. And oh yeah, I applied too.
of course! let me know too if you get any good news smile.gif
m0nsterHunter
post Dec 6 2013, 09:58 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(cherryl9 @ Dec 5 2013, 11:18 PM)
did they just dismiss you randomly and then call you back up again? that's so...err, inefficient? anyway, good luck to your application smile.gif
They dismissed me for TCB and they called back to attend interview for another programme.

QUOTE(netzaizz @ Dec 5 2013, 11:25 PM)

Don't worry, those are normal interviews, they don't ask technical questions...
dirtymonster
post Dec 6 2013, 10:14 AM

22 posts

Hi just wondering I am graduating only after June next year. wondering if I should apply now?
netzaizz
post Dec 6 2013, 09:17 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(dirtymonster @ Dec 6 2013, 10:14 AM)
Hi just wondering I am graduating only after June next year. wondering if I should apply now?
The best I could advice is, they have this programme quarterly smile.gif
dirtymonster
post Dec 7 2013, 01:26 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(netzaizz @ Dec 6 2013, 09:17 PM)
The best I could advice is, they have this programme quarterly smile.gif
lol does this mean I can just apply it after I graduated?
What about the choices? If im interested in Ibank will I be able to choose it?
netzaizz
post Dec 7 2013, 06:34 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(dirtymonster @ Dec 7 2013, 01:26 PM)
lol does this mean I can just apply it after I graduated?
What about the choices? If im interested in Ibank will I be able to choose it?
IMO I believe that its better to apply closer to your graduation or after.
And choosing is possible, but I've read around here they say it depends on the availability of the position.
I.e, if I.B is full they might put you in consumer.

Correct me if I'm wrong smile.gif as I have only graduated recently and have yet to work.
nicholasjack
post Dec 8 2013, 11:57 PM

31 posts

I interviewed in October too for CIMB's TCB and the October's recruitment was mainly geared to the investment banking side. In the first interview, I was interviewed by this kind person called Carrolyn and I stated main interest: ECM. Then after a few days I did some IQ test which I found really easy. Later on, in the 3rd stage was the business presentation. I did pretty well, basing my entire presentation on hard economics facts like parochial efficiency, Kuznet's curve etc. to answer the question but the HR fellas weren't impressed(not Carrolyn) and I think they wanted a more 'humane' qualitative response. I was bashed on my liberal arts background constantly. Eventually I was rejected of course (but I am not giving up and I will continue to learn and try until I get into IB!) and they later called me again to invite me for the December TCB interview which is only for the commercial side but I am not really interested in being a cb. Good luck to everyone interviewing for the coming TCB interviews, it will be way easier to get in now because it is not IB intake so cheers and all the best smile.gif

This post has been edited by nicholasjack: Dec 9 2013, 03:29 AM
nicholasjack
post Dec 9 2013, 12:12 AM

31 posts

QUOTE(cherryl9 @ Dec 5 2013, 05:48 PM)
Nope! actually I just applied to! When you said it's on again i thought you were contacted and i was like wth did i not hear anything haha! when did you apply? some peeps i know said it would take them quite some time to contact the candidates for an interview
They only have commercial banking positions left for this intake, you can wait till March for the next IB side intake
hanisa
post Dec 31 2013, 04:07 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(m0nsterHunter @ Dec 5 2013, 08:18 PM)
I've registered in October, a week after that called for interview at Jalan Semantan.

1Hr 30Min. 1Hr to fill up form and write essay. 30Min is interview (normal chit chat)

One day later, received an email, asking to sit for online IQ test.

4 days, received email that I wasn't successfull. perhaps my IQ is too low tongue.gif
2 weeks after that, received another email saying that I'm not successful again.

There's four stage, interview, online stage, present something then finally with some HR boss. Then only placement.
May I know about the essay questions? Do we need to write for 500 words? Help me
lolabunny123
post Jan 2 2018, 12:25 AM

Casual
328 posts

I'm curious about the business presentation part. Are we given a topic beforehand so that we're able to prepare or it's more like an on the spot presentation?
kenysl
post Jan 2 2018, 08:29 PM

Foodie
678 posts

QUOTE(lolabunny123 @ Jan 2 2018, 12:25 AM)
I'm curious about the business presentation part. Are we given a topic beforehand so that we're able to prepare or it's more like an on the spot presentation?
normally would be on-the-spot, maybe like 30-45mins for discussion/preparation

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:08 PM