7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Utawarerumono, eps 1 is out :D

views

Gxen
post Jul 23 2006, 12:51 AM

*sniff sniff*
1,184 posts

Its quite good actually. But it doesnt seem to "spark" on me.
Zephyr_Mage
post Jul 23 2006, 12:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Validating
5,444 posts

QUOTE(CrazyNut @ Jul 22 2006, 11:55 PM)
Indeed this is much underrated here...I'm currently watching this together with Haruhi Suzumiya and I think the former is much more interesting (yet see how many people respond in that thread but not this)

I guess it boils down to personal opinion at the end of the day. If you're talking about cutesy characters then I think Utawarerumono's characters are much more appealing and interesting. Haruhi is just crap IMO (so don't come flaming me)
You dare insult kami-sama herself?? Blasphemy!!!
Sora
post Jul 23 2006, 07:54 AM

:D
2,574 posts

I like how this anime goes and stuffs.
Just that i'm not really active in the forum lately.
miloy2k
post Jul 23 2006, 01:21 PM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]
All Stars
14,807 posts

QUOTE(CrazyNut @ Jul 22 2006, 11:55 PM)
Haruhi is just crap IMO (so don't come flaming me)
Narutah IMO is more Crapper icon_rolleyes.gif
e-jump
post Jul 23 2006, 02:21 PM

┐( ¯3¯)┌
4,784 posts

ohShi
spoiler
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

CrazyNut
post Jul 23 2006, 09:10 PM

Casual
434 posts

QUOTE(Zephyr_Mage @ Jul 23 2006, 12:54 AM)
You dare insult kami-sama herself?? Blasphemy!!!
Kami-sama?! You've got to be kidding me. (I knew it, someone was gonna defend that anime tongue.gif )

QUOTE(miloy2k @ Jul 23 2006, 01:21 PM)
Narutah IMO is more Crapper  icon_rolleyes.gif
Naruto huh? I didn't watch the anime but the manga is starting to be draggy and crappy. Can't compare in terms of anime since I haven't watch it. But I dunno, Haruhi is supposed to be funny in a way, correct? I barely laughed throughout 8 episodes. And if they think episode 1 (or 00) is interesting then they're so wrong. If it weren't for it's 'popularity' on 2 boards I visit I'd have threw that out of the window.

Again, what I've wrote are solely personal opinion (but I have a feeling I'll be receiving lots of hate mails)

trias
post Jul 23 2006, 10:19 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(CrazyNut @ Jul 23 2006, 09:10 PM)
Kami-sama?! You've got to be kidding me. (I knew it, someone was gonna defend that anime  tongue.gif )
Naruto huh? I didn't watch the anime but the manga is starting to be draggy and crappy. Can't compare in terms of anime since I haven't watch it. But I dunno, Haruhi is supposed to be funny in a way, correct? I barely laughed throughout 8 episodes. And if they think episode 1 (or 00) is interesting then they're so wrong. If it weren't for it's 'popularity' on 2 boards I visit I'd have threw that out of the window.

Again, what I've wrote are solely personal opinion (but I have a feeling I'll be receiving lots of hate mails)
There's a lot of subtle and referential humour, so Haruhi isn't an outright outrageously funny anime, especially for first time viewing - this justifies a second or even third time viewing to really get what the show wants to present. Some things tha you might not find funny the first time would make you crack up when you realize what you had missed out. If you're looking for an openly funny anime, you definately have been misled by us Haruhists XD - that I'd like to admit. Haruhi is not a COMEDY. So a lot of the humour might be not your type of humour. Honestly, a lot of details slipped through my mind while watching a new episode - there's just a lot of small things here and there, you can't watch Haruhi while your mind's not into the show.

First episode needs to be appreciated more. Come on it's the epitome of anime!! shocking.gif. (If you did get what I tried to say, you'll get what episode 1 means)

I would like to point out that Haruhi has really been given such an overhype by fanboys, which well, a lot of people dislike - Naruto? But is Haruhi overrated? My answer is that Haruhi definately deserves the ratings it has received, albeit surrounded by such a big hype, a lot of it positive (which Haruhists are happy with - animes need positive reviews to get them off the ground) and some of it negative - usually to do with fanboyism and flaming. EDIT: oh how much I sound like one laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyway, we're really far off topic. Just to point something out, Utawarerumono is a good anime that's kinda underhyped. I think I'll go back to watch episode 15-16 before returning back.

This post has been edited by trias: Jul 23 2006, 10:25 PM
CrazyNut
post Jul 25 2006, 10:54 PM

Casual
434 posts

QUOTE(trias @ Jul 23 2006, 10:19 PM)
There's a lot of subtle and referential humour, so Haruhi isn't an outright outrageously funny anime, especially for first time viewing - this justifies a second or even third time viewing to really get what the show wants to present. Some things tha you might not find funny the first time would make you crack up when you realize what you had missed out. If you're looking for an openly funny anime, you definately have been misled by us Haruhists XD - that I'd like to admit. Haruhi is not a COMEDY. So a lot of the humour might be not your type of humour. Honestly, a lot of details slipped through my mind while watching a new episode - there's just a lot of small things here and there, you can't watch Haruhi while your mind's not into the show.

First episode needs to be appreciated more. Come on it's the epitome of anime!! shocking.gif. (If you did get what I tried to say, you'll get what episode 1 means)

I would like to point out that Haruhi has really been given such an overhype by fanboys, which well, a lot of people dislike - Naruto? But is Haruhi overrated? My answer is that Haruhi definately deserves the ratings it has received, albeit surrounded by such a big hype, a lot of it positive (which Haruhists are happy with - animes need positive reviews to get them off the ground) and some of it negative - usually to do with fanboyism and flaming. EDIT: oh how much I sound like one laugh.gif laugh.gif 

Anyway, we're really far off topic. Just to point something out, Utawarerumono is a good anime that's kinda underhyped. I think I'll go back to watch episode 15-16 before returning back.
Yes I'm aware that we're far off topic (thanks for reminding). The reason why I chose to post my opinion here is to avoid flamming from Haruhists in the main thread...looking at their fanbase I figured I'd get flamed to hell or something like "SHUDDUP Haruhi is teh ROXORS!!!!111" if I mentioned something 'wrong' there. tongue.gif

Perhaps you are right, maybe Haruhi needs multiple views to get the true meaning to it but too bad it doesn't work for me. I'd usually rate something good if it's good on first viewing and it gets my attention, rather than something I need to rewatch over and over again.

Anyways back to Utawarerumono, how many episodes will there be?
Gxen
post Jul 25 2006, 11:09 PM

*sniff sniff*
1,184 posts

There will be 26 episodes.

EDIT : ep 17 is out

This post has been edited by Gxen: Jul 25 2006, 11:14 PM
CrazyNut
post Jul 28 2006, 06:38 PM

Casual
434 posts

QUOTE(e-jump @ Jul 23 2006, 02:21 PM)
ohShi
spoiler

Awesomeness, because if I hear him laugh one more time I swear I'll rip my doors apart (just too irritating)

It is getting more interesting (currently at episode 15) Second choice after Ouran thumbup.gif

Edit: Found this off a website...

Link

shocking.gif shocking.gif

This post has been edited by CrazyNut: Jul 29 2006, 01:01 AM
Godevil
post Jul 29 2006, 01:14 AM

Engineer
1,226 posts

CrazyNut's SPOILER

shocking.gif shocking.gif

quite interest bout the game... where to get?

This post has been edited by Godevil: Jul 29 2006, 01:16 AM
CrazyNut
post Jul 29 2006, 08:46 AM

Casual
434 posts

Someone made a torrent out of it I think...but you'd have to use Daemon's Tool to extract it and it's in Japanese....let's see if I can find the link for ya. A PS2 version of the game will be released in Japan next month.

Hakuoro is a freaking pedophile!!
e-jump
post Jul 29 2006, 09:19 AM

┐( ¯3¯)┌
4,784 posts

reminders:
user posted image
soulfly
post Jul 29 2006, 05:00 PM

revving towards 10,000 rpm
Group Icon
VIP