Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

EPF DIVIDEND, EPF

views

sky18
post Feb 21 2019, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Feb 21 2019, 09:50 AM)
IS THAT FAIR?
Disagreed. I think its acceptable. Think about in bigger picture where if the return in big fluctuation, most of general public cannot take it. All in all, their key objective is ensuring most general public have saving in their retirement days. Remembered not many are wise in managing their money unlike minority like u.

Btw, one is paying a lots more fee if invested in UT. While in stock, individual minority holder can't decide dividend pay-out ratio too.
sky18
post Feb 21 2019, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Feb 21 2019, 11:08 AM)
This is social thinking.

i am thinking as a shareholder. EPF, as a fund manager has retained my money in their books.
When i decide to withdraw everything, this retained profits, which legally belongs to me too, is not credited to me.

And you think this is FAIR?
I would said first of all, the concern is not appropriate in given context.. why get into a blind alley. smile.gif.

Isn't it same concern if you sold UT or company share with reserve fund. U can't ask the portion that belong to u too.

Treat this as part of the investment fee and make our life a lots happier. Overall, the fee pay to EPF is ridiculously low compared to others.

Btw, in general, life is not FAIR after all.

sky18
post Feb 1 2020, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(Havoc Knightmare @ Feb 1 2020, 01:38 PM)
The external fund managers are pitted against each other and ranked... while the internal fund managers are under pressure to outperform their external fund managers. EPF has fostered this system to promote competition and avoid their internal fund managers from being complacent like certain other government institutions. Hence why there have been no news or even rumours of mismanagement all these years... The major downside is that all the fund managers operate in their own self interest hence the appearance of EPF buying and selling on the same day.
To me, its a good way to optimize the fund and reasonable fee pay to Bursa for such risk management.

I guess you don't want Kwap, Tabung Haji like culture in EPF. Even PNB, it can't stop ppl speculate on why ASB is godlike while variables fund can make negative return. (adik to tolong abang?)

Beside, Pnb management will enjoy new office at another skyscraper Pnb 118 tower soon. Is it rational invest into office tower by judging the oversupply office market? While epf new office is underway outside KL CBD at Sungai Buloh. Perception wise, epf look more prudent.
sky18
post Feb 20 2020, 12:54 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

There could be chances dividend calculation of monthly statutory contribution & self contribution is slightly different.
sky18
post Feb 22 2020, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(Havoc Knightmare @ Feb 22 2020, 02:14 PM)
Plenty of US and other foreign stocks are not halal, so you can guess the reason behind the wide performance gap.
I still can't relate why ppl wanted to mix financial with religion. Why bothered spend so much money and efforts on introducing and maintaining Islamic banking system while most of elements and fundamental are copied from conventional banking. Backend IT system still back in 0 and 1 logic.

Do we see any country in the world pushing hard for Christian or Buddish Banking? Or such thing really exist? If there are God exist as per respective religion, are these God really bothered much on MONEY matters that created by human.

Well, that it as my self mumbling with no intentions to offend those believes in such system. (Off topic)
sky18
post Feb 23 2020, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(beLIEve @ Feb 22 2020, 11:12 PM)
Typed into Excel and able to match with 2 cents off, probably because I lumped both Account 1 and Account 2 together in my calculation.

I can confirm that only 1 day is counted for the contribution month. So if you bank in on the last day of the month, you probably lose dividend for the entire subsequent month (because it's only recorded in EPF the next day). Bank in on the 2nd last day of the month is the best scenario, assuming no hiccups between the bank and EPF.

Reference : https://1-million-dollar-blog.com/how-to-ca...e-epf-dividend/
QUOTE(sky18 @ Feb 20 2020, 12:54 PM)
There could be chances dividend calculation of monthly statutory contribution & self contribution is slightly different.
Agreed with your observation.

Mine scenario. Self contribution in first 2 weeks of Jan 2019 (spread cross 12 transactions via Online Banking). The different merely 0.7x cents extra compared with EPF actual figures. Pretty accurate.

Dividend calculation mechanism for both self contri and statutory contri should be same.

Perhaps its more optimized to do self contri on 2nd half of Jan @ beginning of the year.
sky18
post Jan 6 2021, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Epf was est 70bil withdrawal. Even remaining 1
4m category 2 applicant get approved, total withdrawal shall much lesser than 70b. Probably more will applied in coming months but shouldnt but likely steady around 4mil+ applicant n total.

https://themalaysianreserve.com/2020/12/02/...we-know-so-far/

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0301sec    0.05    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:16 PM