Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTS]Huawei E3276 USB LTE Modem, No longer available Modems

viper-xs
post May 4 2013, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

Huawei E398 received.
Comparing with my maxis wireless home broadband (the one 21.1 from maxis, lazy to check model but it's from huawei), this one is super stable and faster.
Working very nicely with mikrotik rb951g. will do further test and if needed perhaps will need another modem smile.gif
viper-xs
post May 30 2013, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

Got my second USB from this seller, intended for my brother but if my dual 3G setup works fine I will need a third. Now I need a right USB hub since Belkin doesn't work good. Simple setup of 3G connected to my Mikrotik RB951G-2HnD.
Consistently above 10Mb/s (hovering around minus 79-85dB) download so far. Few times it was consistent to 16Mb/s (-71dB) but I forgot where and how I placed the modem. Noticed that a mere 10 degrees movement does have an impact on the speed consistently. Owell maybe due to tower placement around my area. Not sure if antenna will boost it much further, will need to further think about this option
viper-xs
post May 30 2013, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

Sorry wasn't paying attention to this thread.
Yes, problem in running via Mikrotik is looking up/locking the cell. If only they have those options then I'll be more informed.
Yes, I was using a powered USB hub but maybe that hub is too old and have been collecting lot of dust thus malfunction. I'll try to get another one later and see how it goes. Mikrotik is quite well known for USB hub issues. Some work and some doesn't, some says chip dependent etc.
Question, if lock cell ID in MDMA directly from laptop will the config stay persistent when you unplug and move it to the router?
viper-xs
post May 30 2013, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ May 30 2013, 11:33 AM)
Get a powered USB hub as USB modem draws a lot of power.

Yes, you might get a different tower just slight change of direction. Anyway, if Mikrotik has the ability to read CELL ID. Try get it written down.
Good idea there. Managed to get it somehow from AT. Guess can do a script to check this constantly

[admin@MikroTik] > system serial-terminal usb1 channel=0

[Ctrl-A is the prefix key]

AT+CREG?
+CREG: 0,1

OK
AT+CREG=2
OK
AT+CREG?
+CREG: 2,1, YYYY, XXXXX, 2

OK

Y=LAC
X=Cell ID
Added: Note that both are in hex so need to convert it

This post has been edited by viper-xs: May 30 2013, 02:33 PM
viper-xs
post May 31 2013, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

Don't mind the sharp drop. It seems that there are few towers around my area (based on different CID but I have yet to check more. Anyway this is a good buy and speed is quite consistent throughout. Speedtest and cachefly showing speed around 10Mbps but this graph is from my router itself and I trust this one more biggrin.gif. Was downloading 100MB file from cachefly.
Excellent seller. Next up put Win in VMware and use MDMA direct to mbp and see how it goes.
Attached File  Test.tiff ( 24.14k ) Number of downloads: 34

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0321sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:32 PM