Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTS] Various Digital Measuring Meter/Scale, Some Electronics Handy Parts

DFlo
post Jun 9 2006, 05:25 PM

Turtle Member
1,022 posts

Brother, all the multimeters use batteries one ah? Is DT-266 good?

What's the difference between DT-9205A? And finally, which one is better?

Thanks. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by DFlo: Jun 9 2006, 05:33 PM
DFlo
post Jun 9 2006, 09:37 PM

Turtle Member
1,022 posts

QUOTE(petunia @ Jun 9 2006, 08:17 PM)
yup, all uses 9-volt battery, and battery is included (no warranty for battery though  sweat.gif ). see my edited first post. DT266 is good for high-voltage and high-amperage (meaning dangerous) measurement. u just clamp on a single life or neutral wire without stripping it to measure ampere.
dt9205a have the ability to measure capacitance as well, and bigger with foldable lcd and plastic stand, but.... i'm afraid this model is not coming anytime near. will let u know when i got hold of any stock ok.  sweat.gif
as for value for money, nothing beats dt830b i'm using one myself, thrust me, very accurate.  thumbup.gif
Oh OK, thank you for the detailed explanation!

Anyway, how's the DT830B's lifespan? Can it "die" in a short period of time?

This post has been edited by DFlo: Jun 9 2006, 09:39 PM
DFlo
post Jun 12 2006, 06:07 PM

Turtle Member
1,022 posts

QUOTE(petunia @ Jun 10 2006, 04:10 PM)
i've been using mine for more than a year.  thumbup.gif  the battery had been changed once, and one of the test lead wires came off once (due to my bad habit of always grabbing the meter by the test lead), this was easilly resoldered.
if use sensibly, it'll reward u with long life. don't press to hard on the lcd, and always use the correct measurement range to measure a particular voltage.
I'm a n00b in measuring voltages, so does it have a manual to guide us on what measurement range to use?
DFlo
post Jun 16 2006, 04:51 PM

Turtle Member
1,022 posts

QUOTE(petunia @ Jun 12 2006, 08:11 PM)
online manual for dt830b can be downloaded here: 
http://www.e-sun.cn/manual/Dt830_en.pdf 
http://www.e-sun.cn/manual/Dt830_en.exe 
http://www.e-sun.cn/manual/Dt830_en.rar 

quite simple actually, whether you're going to measure ac or dc voltage, just turn the rotary knob to the appropriate measuring range, eg. when measuring dc voltage from your computer psu, turn the rotary knob to 20V DC, this is within the measuring limit of a psu voltage which the highest is 12 volt, then simply plug the red testlead to your psu's (+) positive wire, and the black lead to the (-) negative wire. the lcd readout will provide u with a realtime voltage readout. just remember to always use the appropriate measuring range, don't, don't ever set the measuring range on the meter to measure resistance (ohm) to measure voltage.  sweat.gif
Sorry bro, just seen this reply from you. OKOK bro, I think I'll get it from you next month. Will keep you updated! Thanks a lot bro! thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.64    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:22 PM