Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Compare Your Myvi fuel Avg km/L, Come to compare How your Myvi save fuel

views

SUSDezs
post Mar 12 2013, 09:18 AM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(tunertoobe @ Oct 11 2012, 05:47 PM)
Yes, hypermiling is hard work and for most of the time, I wouldn't say impractical, but tedious and inconvenient. The fuel savings though, and the positive environmental impact, is frankly worth the effort. I share the Myvi with my older brother, and It's just sad to see him forking out RM30 a week while that RM30 can last me up to 3 weeks, and yet we're driving the same car.  tongue.gif

I would like to get my hands on one of them new Mirage, as a first car, but the price is actually quite scary for a car that size.
Then again, the fuel saving is quite significant. On the other hand, my "manliness" is challenged by such a vehicle. The first-gen 1.0 Myvi is already doing a fine job at that.  laugh.gif
I just had to revive this thread when seeing another kaki murah tongue.gif I'm glad to say with tofu pedals my Myvi can reach 20km/l quite easily - manual though and of course without any jams and stuff to ruin my day. Highest record ever was 23.6km/l on the highway at uncle speed.

I wished I kept my money for the Mirage instead - with my cheapfoot pedal - maybe might have crammed in even more sad.gif But higher 15k investment - So at least I fell happier now hahaha). Prius will kill me with its price cry.gif Got any mini-prius model? sweat.gif Btw, since cheapness is the topic -anybody ever had CNG on Myvi yet?
SUSDezs
post Mar 12 2013, 09:22 AM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(Ken_HP @ Oct 25 2012, 03:14 PM)
13km/L 100% City drive ( 1.3 2010 model )
15' rim, drop in air filter, iridium spark plug + aftermarket muffler. smile.gif

19km/L (full highway frm Kl - Jb )
*Maintain 80-90km/h due to poor on wheel balancing sad.gif
Based on my 1.5, the 1.3 optimum speed should be somewhere 70kph - anything above will begin to drain more fuel - for my 1.5 80kph netts me 22km/l steadily. my best comes at 75kph @23km/l - Going at 90kph is around 20-21km/l. Does your irridium plugs improve performance? I was informed it only netts longetivity.
SUSDezs
post Mar 14 2013, 03:59 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(yeohhk01 @ Mar 13 2013, 12:49 PM)
to truly calculate FC, u should do it when refueling ur fuel..
take KM traveled, divide with Liter of fuel pump..
its more accurate that way since computer doesnt calculate the fuel used during startup.. it gets more inaccurate when u reset the FC meter while driving half way..

as mirage claimed 21km/l most owner got 14-16km/l (using refuel calculation)
if they reset halfway.. the figure can go as high as 26km/l..

so is always better to do manual calculation when pumping fuel.

from a mirage owner.. smile.gif
Mine does - by all means it should unless for some reason urs does'nt perhaps coz of the rigging?

Whenever I do a restart, FC drops dramatically though nothing happened or moved (unless my figures have been averaged over an extended duration). Anyway - engine starts are a constant not a variable (thus you can exclude the constant, unless you're trying to measure how much minyak is used for 1000 engine starts or someting tying directly to restarting the engine, e.g. during idle or at traffic lights), whether your foot is heavy, or not - meaning that however you try to get around it, you still have to start your engine the same way unless you are trying out a new 'supernatural instant big boom spark plug'.

Resetting in the middle of the drive is of course not accurate, cause you are getting a reading at cruise speed which is always the optimum. My Myvi gets 26.5km/l at cruise speed, but because of other causes, e.g. slowing down, traffic lights, tolls my best average on the highway comes at 23.6km/l.

However, it is accurate to say that at 80kph, my Myvi runs 26.5km/l at that constant speed at gear 5 at 2k rpm, for example.
You won't get 26km/l with 4th gear, much less 3rd, or any of the time you are accellerating - by all means accelleration digs the tank like hell. Every stop I make = loss of 1km/l to regain 80kph on a 50km journey.

If I averaged all driving, it would go closer to 17km/l cause of my short city stints (yeah they drag it down so bad).

This post has been edited by Dezs: Mar 14 2013, 04:06 PM
SUSDezs
post Mar 14 2013, 04:12 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(tunertoobe @ Mar 14 2013, 02:05 PM)
laugh.gif
My prediction is that with the Mirage you won't a significant difference in fuel savings compared to the Myvi but it would get 20+km/l much easier. Whether that is enough to justify the extra 15k, that would need a few more calculations based on your usage.

The smallest and cheapest prius I know is the Prius C.  biggrin.gif
Hmm that's my guess, cos they mentioned the Mirage comes with a compact engine, which probably translates to an average cruising speed, blowing a small dude will make matters worse I guess. It would be very suited for city drivers - I was informed from someone on a Prius that highway drives dun nett them much improvements either - I guess since theres much less braking and energy loss. But from what I read elsewhere, got ppl claim Prius gets up to 35km/l (WTFBBQ)

I wanna NGV = 50% price per liter terus hahaha...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:58 PM