Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Compare Your Myvi fuel Avg km/L, Come to compare How your Myvi save fuel

views

keanutan
post Oct 10 2012, 08:29 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(tunertoobe @ Oct 10 2012, 01:59 AM)
Like I said, it's for the route that I am familiar with.
I pretty much predict the traffic, and I pick the 'easiest' route (not necessarily the shortest but most of the time it is). I pretty much know the timing of the traffic lights as well so I can turn off the engine at a traffic stop.

I rarely turn on the AC when it's not hot outside, and I turn it on only when I had reached constant speed (if I need it). In some cases I only turn the AC on at brief stops, and turn it off when I'm taking off (leaving the blower fan on). I also use lots of engine braking and I corner pretty fast as well. Oh and I seldom take passengers so that helps.

And the golden rule, treat the accelerator pedal like it's made of tofu.  tongue.gif
It annoys the person behind me, but hey, if they're in a hurry, use the overtaking lane, if not they can pay for my fuel so I can go faster. I feel like there's a sweet spot between accelerating too slow and wasting time and fuel, and accelerating too fast and burn excess fuel.

It's not really impossible, it's just hard work.
BTW I haven't been hyper-miling in a while. Really tiring work, and I'm starting to venture out of my territory more often. The car's 7 years old if anyone's wondering, and yes it is a 1.0 manual. I can't imagine what I can do with a 1.3 manual.
I bet I can do pretty well in fuel saving competitions.  hmm.gif
can post on japan manufacturer web and show them the proof u can get a very very very high pay job by them ..

no air cond use while driving ??? drive slow and FAST CORNERING ?? engine breaking good for FC meh isn't it will rev up the engine ??
tunertoobe
post Oct 10 2012, 11:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,309 posts

QUOTE(keanutan @ Oct 10 2012, 08:29 PM)
can post on japan manufacturer web and show them the proof u can get a very very very high pay job by them ..

no air cond use while driving ??? drive slow and FAST CORNERING ?? engine breaking good for FC meh isn't it will rev up the engine ??
It will rev up the engine but no fuel will be injected. I will try and not let the engine go much below 1500rpm, otherwise the injectors will have to supply the engine with fuel in order to keep it from stalling. I corner fast (within safety limits) to avoid having to accelerate so much afterwards (I try to keep as much of the previous speed as I safely can).

No aircond, yeah. I'm not the guy who likes the cold. I do like a cooling breeze, but even with the AC set at 24 can make me uncomfortably cold. I do use the aircond, but only in the hot afternoon. Also if the journey is far enough I do use it at some point. For short trips, like under half an hour, if the outside temp is cool enough (after a rain, early morning, late at night), the aircond would be completely off the entire time. For longer trips or if I have passengers, the AC would be on.

What do you mean a high paid job? Are you saying that they will ask me to test drive for fuel consumption, so they can advertise high efficiency numbers, and won't be blamed for false advertising? laugh.gif
When you think about it, it's cranking out only an extra 6 km/l to the official FC figure. Makes it easy to accomplish that goal when you think about it that way. tongue.gif

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing to add, I don't drive slow. I only get to my speed slower. There's a difference.

This post has been edited by tunertoobe: Oct 10 2012, 11:35 PM
keanutan
post Oct 10 2012, 11:47 PM

3 posts

myvi 1.0 official FC is how much i dont know .. but u claim can get 21km/L i dont think P2 will dare to make that statement also .. so if the new mitsu mirage official claim 21km/L is in your hand how much u will claim then? at leats 35-45km/L
megat89
post Oct 10 2012, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

my best reading from the indicator i believe tongue.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

tunertoobe
post Oct 11 2012, 12:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,309 posts

QUOTE(keanutan @ Oct 10 2012, 11:47 PM)
myvi 1.0 official FC is how much i dont know .. but u claim can get 21km/L i dont think P2 will dare to make that statement also .. so if the new mitsu mirage official claim 21km/L is in your hand how much u will claim then? at leats 35-45km/L
Nah, I don't think I can get that much from an already efficient car. Those figures are hybrid territory (good hybrids).
I think If I have that car I will try and set a personal goal of 25km/l, maybe 27.

See....megat89 can do it with an auto. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by tunertoobe: Oct 11 2012, 12:17 AM
megat89
post Oct 11 2012, 12:18 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(tunertoobe @ Oct 11 2012, 12:08 AM)
Nah, I don't think I can get that much from an already efficient car. Those figures are hybrid territory (good hybrids).
I think If I have that car I will try and set a personal goal of 25km/l, maybe 27.
myvi 1.5 auto is rated at 12.9km/l..but dont know whether it is highway or mixed..if highway, that 12.9km/l maybe at speed more than 130kmh..normal speed highway driving easily get way better than that figure..
keanutan
post Oct 11 2012, 12:33 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(tunertoobe @ Oct 11 2012, 12:08 AM)

See....megat89 can do it with an auto.  thumbup.gif
no la your claim 21km/L is already on some hybrid category eg: jazz hybrid /crz hybrid .. usually officlal claim is much lower then reality as mitsu claim 21km/L reality will be around 15-17km/L only as their tested 21km/L and other official claim is on flat road speed not exceed 80km/H ..my Prius C official claim is 35-45km/L in reality is around 25-30km/L not on 80km/H speed . try before on highway doing 130km/H getting 20km/L
avave88
post Oct 11 2012, 12:48 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

My 1.3 LB EZI auto Highway around 16km/L with the speed 100 - 120~
City drive (use mainly LDP from Kepong to USJ) can get around 14km/L~
Occasionally heavy foot but not very much. Fuelly.com record average 14km/L with a lot of idling (I like to enjoy my upgraded ICE inside the car tongue.gif ) nearly 3 wks old and clocked 2000km~ icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by avave88: Oct 11 2012, 12:49 AM
tunertoobe
post Oct 11 2012, 01:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,309 posts

QUOTE(megat89 @ Oct 11 2012, 12:18 AM)
myvi 1.5 auto is rated at 12.9km/l..but dont know whether it is highway or mixed..if highway, that 12.9km/l maybe at speed more than 130kmh..normal speed highway driving easily get way better than that figure..
For an auto that is actually pretty good.

QUOTE(keanutan @ Oct 11 2012, 12:33 AM)
no la your claim 21km/L is already on some hybrid category eg: jazz hybrid /crz hybrid .. usually officlal claim is much lower then reality as mitsu claim 21km/L reality will be around 15-17km/L only as their tested 21km/L and other official claim is on flat road speed not exceed 80km/H ..my Prius C official claim is 35-45km/L in reality is around 25-30km/L not on 80km/H speed . try before on highway doing 130km/H getting 20km/L
Yeah, but still, getting 30km/l from that Mirage might be a greater challenge. It even has that auto stop and go system, which is what I do, turning the engine off at a stop light.

But then again, combined with all the other fuel saving techniques, this car might actually make it easier and less stressful to save fuel (as I don't have to worry about stopping the engine at a light). Hmmm, maybe it is possible to do 30km/l with the new Mirage. hmm.gif
keanutan
post Oct 11 2012, 01:31 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(tunertoobe @ Oct 11 2012, 01:25 AM)
For an auto that is actually pretty good.
Yeah, but still, getting 30km/l from that Mirage might be a greater challenge. It even has that auto stop and go system, which is what I do, turning the engine off at a stop light.

But then again, combined with all the other fuel saving techniques, this car might actually make it easier and less stressful to save fuel (as I don't have to worry about stopping the engine at a light). Hmmm, maybe it is possible to do 30km/l with the new Mirage.  hmm.gif
u actually DO the OFF and ON engine with your myvi at traffic light ..urs consider semi hybrid already doh.gif how long u have been doing this to your myvi ? will it not effect your car starter ?

p/s:actually ur FC will make jazz hybrid owner a little bit upset .. but then they do not need to turn off their car air con to achieved that figure ..

This post has been edited by keanutan: Oct 11 2012, 01:33 AM
tunertoobe
post Oct 11 2012, 09:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,309 posts

QUOTE(keanutan @ Oct 11 2012, 01:31 AM)
u actually DO the OFF and ON engine with your myvi at traffic light ..urs consider semi hybrid already  doh.gif how long u have been doing this to your myvi ? will it not effect your car starter ?

p/s:actually ur FC will make jazz hybrid owner a little bit upset .. but then they do not need to turn off their car air con to achieved that figure ..
Hehe...Yes but if you read my methods, it's only for the stops that I already know of the timing. If I'm at an area where I rarely go I don't do it. I might be caught off guard when the traffic light changes in a short time. Also most of the time I do need the aircond to be turned on at a stop so in that case the engine will be on. The car is 7 years old, and for 4 of those years the car has been in my hands. So far it still runs like a champ, and it still starts up in a single kick.

Without the on and off, I could still get close to 20km/l. Unless there's a traffic jam. Still even then, 18-19km/l is still a very common figure for me to reach. If it's really bad I do turn the engine off provided that the weather is cool enough. That's the advantage of having a small 3 cylinder, idling doesn't really consume all that much fuel. Most of the time, the main culprit of fuel consumption is acceleration.

Just goes to show how silly hybrids can get. I bet I can do 1000km in any hybrid and still have enough fuel to go to the nearest fuel station. tongue.gif
keanutan
post Oct 11 2012, 05:03 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(tunertoobe @ Oct 11 2012, 09:18 AM)
Hehe...Yes but if you read my methods, it's only for the stops that I already know of the timing. If I'm at an area where I rarely go I don't do it. I might be caught off guard when the traffic light changes in a short time. Also most of the time I do need the aircond to be turned on at a stop so in that case the engine will be on. The car is 7 years old, and for 4 of those years the car has been in my hands. So far it still runs like a champ, and it still starts up in a single kick.

Without the on and off, I could still get close to 20km/l. Unless there's a traffic jam. Still even then, 18-19km/l is still a very common figure for me to reach. If it's really bad I do turn the engine off provided that the weather is cool enough. That's the advantage of having a small 3 cylinder, idling doesn't really consume all that much fuel. Most of the time, the main culprit of fuel consumption is acceleration.

Just goes to show how silly hybrids can get. I bet I can do 1000km in any hybrid and still have enough fuel to go to the nearest fuel station.  tongue.gif
yup ur method is good but not practical .. and yes my hybrid can get around 800-900 on full tank about 36 liter of fuel . but not need to gentle on throttle as your driving style .. and my air cond always on 25.5 C only adjust the blower night at min hot day at 3-4 max is at 8 ..

on long straight road can get 35km/L if drive around 80-90km/H ..

from my point of view mitsu mirage is the ideal car for u .. too bad i'm not a car salesmen if not will give discount too u .. rclxms.gif
tunertoobe
post Oct 11 2012, 05:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,309 posts

Yes, hypermiling is hard work and for most of the time, I wouldn't say impractical, but tedious and inconvenient. The fuel savings though, and the positive environmental impact, is frankly worth the effort. I share the Myvi with my older brother, and It's just sad to see him forking out RM30 a week while that RM30 can last me up to 3 weeks, and yet we're driving the same car. tongue.gif

I would like to get my hands on one of them new Mirage, as a first car, but the price is actually quite scary for a car that size.
Then again, the fuel saving is quite significant. On the other hand, my "manliness" is challenged by such a vehicle. The first-gen 1.0 Myvi is already doing a fine job at that. laugh.gif
keanutan
post Oct 11 2012, 06:58 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(tunertoobe @ Oct 11 2012, 05:47 PM)
Yes, hypermiling is hard work and for most of the time, I wouldn't say impractical, but tedious and inconvenient. The fuel savings though, and the positive environmental impact, is frankly worth the effort. I share the Myvi with my older brother, and It's just sad to see him forking out RM30 a week while that RM30 can last me up to 3 weeks, and yet we're driving the same car.  tongue.gif

I would like to get my hands on one of them new Mirage, as a first car, but the price is actually quite scary for a car that size.
Then again, the fuel saving is quite significant. On the other hand, my "manliness" is challenged by such a vehicle. The first-gen 1.0 Myvi is already doing a fine job at that.  laugh.gif
yup glad to hear from ur positive thinking while a lot more ppl think our fuel is cheap so they dont need to save on the fuel but reality is most of them forking out 1/3 of their income on fuel expenses alone .. but in the other hand if we can save why will we want to waste .. water is cheap then why dont ppl let the water flow out from their pipe everyday ?? most of ppl already used to the fuel subsidy by our goverment whenever they is a hike on fuel they will complain but never once will they think of the others way .. same with the new AES system when the goverment didnt put proper sgnboard warning them got camera they complain didnt have times to react ? WTF they only want to follow the speed limit at the camera trap ? after that speed again ?
aragongon
post Oct 11 2012, 08:06 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

My FC with my 11 years old Wira on last full tank - 14.2km/l.
tunertoobe
post Oct 11 2012, 09:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,309 posts

QUOTE(keanutan @ Oct 11 2012, 06:58 PM)
yup glad to hear from ur positive thinking while a lot more ppl think our fuel is cheap so they dont need to save on the fuel but reality is most of them forking out 1/3 of their income on fuel expenses alone .. but in the other hand if we can save why will we want to waste .. water is cheap then why dont ppl let the water flow out from their pipe everyday ?? most of ppl already used to the fuel subsidy by our goverment whenever they is a hike on fuel they will complain but never once will they think of the others way .. same with the new AES system when the goverment didnt put proper sgnboard warning them got camera they complain didnt have times to react ? WTF they only want to follow the speed limit at the camera trap ? after that speed again ?
Exactly. We shouldn't complain, but make the best out of a bad situation.

Anyways we're straying off topic. tongue.gif
It's good to have a thread like this for a single model. People looking for a car should be looking at threads like these, and owners can also realize the potential of their cars in saving fuel.
TSDe Prettiest
post Oct 14 2012, 11:45 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(tunertoobe @ Oct 11 2012, 05:47 PM)
Yes, hypermiling is hard work and for most of the time, I wouldn't say impractical, but tedious and inconvenient. The fuel savings though, and the positive environmental impact, is frankly worth the effort. I share the Myvi with my older brother, and It's just sad to see him forking out RM30 a week while that RM30 can last me up to 3 weeks, and yet we're driving the same car.  tongue.gif

Then again, the fuel saving is quite significant. On the other hand, my "manliness" is challenged by such a vehicle. The first-gen 1.0 Myvi is already doing a fine job at that.  laugh.gif
RM30 only for 3-5days
for my other car.
tunertoobe
post Oct 14 2012, 08:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,309 posts

QUOTE(De Prettiest @ Oct 14 2012, 11:45 AM)
RM30 only for 3-5days
for my other car.
What's your other car?
archerite
post Oct 14 2012, 09:44 PM

37 posts

I'm driving a myvi SE 1.5, and the reading on the meter shows 13.2 km/l. Is this considered good fc? I usually drive in the city most of the time and only use kesas highway to get to and fro from my house in ss27 to places such as my uni in bandar sunway, taipan etc. And full tank of almost 400km or a bit after can last me exactly a week
alwinnng
post Oct 15 2012, 02:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,254 posts

9-9.5km/l

myvi 2nd gen 1.3 manual

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0838sec    1.13    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 04:40 AM