Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Evening Primrose Oil & Menstrual, I have a bunch of FAQ's :(

views

TSdtc
post Oct 9 2012, 03:23 PM, updated 12y ago

17 posts

I have questions! My period had been missing since last july. My last period was like 24th June and it didnt come since then. I practised protected intercourse with my bf and did not ejaculate inside, normally outside manually. hmm, and I just went to pharmacy yesterday and they recommend me EPO. My period is usually on and off, at times it comes like once a mth, 30 + days cycle, and i at times few months no period at all. not just this time. last yr or few years back also like dat. Sorry, I've nvr been to a gynae / clinic regarding this. Just heard colleague says that EPO should be taken like a month / more only I can see my period? Is this really true? I know stupid thoughts are haunting me at times. Plus I thought it is supposing to come like after July cos I faced a lot of stress during July - Aug. Girls, please give me your advise... thanks!

This post has been edited by dtc: Oct 9 2012, 03:25 PM
munkeyflo
post Oct 9 2012, 03:35 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

There are various factors affecting menstrual cycle.

Best is of course visit a gynae. Clinic won't be able to help much. If you have a history of irregular menstrual cycle, you may need to take hormone pills to regulate your cycle.

If you don't wish to see a gynae yet, then try stress relieve methods. Stress can affect menstrual cycle tremendously in some women. Other than stress, there's also sickness, food consumed, lifestyle changes, etc. that can affect menstrual cycle and our hormones. Some people are more easily affected than others, everyone is different.
TSdtc
post Oct 9 2012, 03:49 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Oct 9 2012, 03:35 PM)
There are various factors affecting menstrual cycle.

Best is of course visit a gynae. Clinic won't be able to help much. If you have a history of irregular menstrual cycle, you may need to take hormone pills to regulate your cycle.

If you don't wish to see a gynae yet, then try stress relieve methods. Stress can affect menstrual cycle tremendously in some women. Other than stress, there's also sickness, food consumed, lifestyle changes, etc. that can affect menstrual cycle and our hormones. Some people are more easily affected than others, everyone is different.
Hihi smile.gif hmm, yes i have irregular menstrual cycle since young. Yes, i'm down twice during july & aug cos of fever and cough. been consuming meds since then. but the more i think, the more thoughts that its coming into my mind. dats y the pharmacist recommend me to take EPO. do I need to take EPO like for more than a month? Thanks for your advise & reply! smile.gif
TinyPumpkin
post Oct 9 2012, 04:35 PM

Regular
1,233 posts

As far as I know EPO won't help regulate your period, try birth control pills. But beware it may cause pigmentation; it did in my case. sad.gif
TSdtc
post Oct 9 2012, 04:45 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(TinyPumpkin @ Oct 9 2012, 04:35 PM)
As far as I know EPO won't help regulate your period, try birth control pills.  But beware it may cause pigmentation; it did in my case. sad.gif
Hmm, But according to the pharmacist she did ask me about the pills but i did not taken them b4 and she recommend me EPO. my colleagues say EPO works fine for them but the results are like 1 month later. Hmm, sometimes when period is delayed I will start to think this & that >_<lll thats why try to take EPO & hope it works... is there any other solution? haha~
munkeyflo
post Oct 9 2012, 05:21 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

For some, EPO may work but for a more effective method, it's best to go with hormone pills.

As far as I know, EPO is a supplement and won't help much in hormonal imbalance. If you say to reduce PMS and menopause symptoms then yes, it's quite well known for that, but not in regulating menstrual cycles. For benefits on EPO, you can easily google it.

If your friends swears by it, then you can always try EPO first. If it doesn't work only try other methods.
TSdtc
post Oct 9 2012, 09:59 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Oct 9 2012, 05:21 PM)
For some, EPO may work but for a more effective method, it's best to go with hormone pills.

As far as I know, EPO is a supplement and won't help much in hormonal imbalance. If you say to reduce PMS and menopause symptoms then yes, it's quite well known for that, but not in regulating menstrual cycles. For benefits on EPO, you can easily google it.

If your friends swears by it, then you can always try EPO first. If it doesn't work only try other methods.
Hmm, yep googled and they say it helps to balanced the hormones back. hmm, i've even tried pineapples, watermelon, 'guai ling gou' (the black chinese remedy like jelly one), herbal tea etc etc but it still doesnt work... and now just hope EPO works. all these years i did not consume any medication to gain back the needs after period ends, is it why they so called "weak" ? or what is wrong with my body clock... T^T want to cry already... >_<
felicious
post Oct 10 2012, 10:54 AM

Regular
Group Icon
VIP
1,430 posts

A friend of mine took hormone pill also, due to her period did not come for few months and now her period is back to normal.

I advice you to visit gynae for more professional advises.

Else, you can try to consult chinese sinsei and get medicine from them smile.gif
TinyPumpkin
post Oct 10 2012, 02:51 PM

Regular
1,233 posts

QUOTE(dtc @ Oct 9 2012, 04:45 PM)
Hmm, But according to the pharmacist she did ask me about the pills but i did not taken them b4 and she recommend me EPO. my colleagues say EPO works fine for them but the results are like 1 month later. Hmm, sometimes when period is delayed I will start to think this & that >_<lll thats why try to take EPO & hope it works... is there any other solution? haha~
If you are worried about pregnancy you could get yourself a pregnancy test kit and conduct the test for peace of mind. Then in future use the condom or IUCD.
TSdtc
post Oct 10 2012, 05:39 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(TinyPumpkin @ Oct 10 2012, 02:51 PM)
If you are worried about pregnancy you could get yourself a pregnancy test kit and conduct the test for peace of mind.  Then in future use the condom or IUCD.
Haha, hmm... its either that or to seek gynae soon. Lol we do practise to play safe. hmm... biggrin.gif
sarcast
post Oct 12 2012, 03:04 PM

\^w^/
612 posts

EPO can help control period abit, and relieves menstrual pain.
But if u want back a normal schedule ull need hormone pills. consult either doctor or the pharmacy,

though ive change to soy tablets to replace EPO.
and im still treating my irregular menstrual. going good so far
svage98
post Oct 12 2012, 05:26 PM

Casual
432 posts

I used to have irregular periods ever since teenage. Ever since taking EPO my period has been normal and regular monthly. So yes...EPO can help.

Back to your case...you state that you and your bf practice safe sex? meaning you use condom or not? By your bf ejaculating outside manually does not make it safe as you can still get pregnant.
TSdtc
post Oct 16 2012, 05:11 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(sarcast @ Oct 12 2012, 03:04 PM)
EPO can help control period abit, and relieves menstrual pain.
But if u want back a normal schedule ull need hormone pills. consult either doctor or the pharmacy,

though ive change to soy tablets to replace EPO.
and im still treating my irregular menstrual. going good so far
Hmmhh, thanks for your advise, will seek the right type of medicine from the doctor soon...

Added on October 16, 2012, 5:13 pm
QUOTE(svage98 @ Oct 12 2012, 05:26 PM)
I used to have irregular periods ever since teenage.  Ever since taking EPO my period has been normal and regular monthly.  So yes...EPO can help.

Back to your case...you state that you and your bf practice safe sex? meaning you use condom or not? By your bf ejaculating outside manually does not make it safe as you can still get pregnant.
Hmm been taking EPO for the 2nd week already. so lets see if it helps or not. hmm, just some thoughts and afraid. lol... seeking medical advise soon tho... many said im stressed enough and body clock went wrong... hmm...

This post has been edited by dtc: Oct 16 2012, 05:13 PM
munkeyflo
post Oct 16 2012, 05:44 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

If you are facing stress, then it's very common for your menstrual cycle and hormones to go haywire. Some people are very easily affected by stress. Some of us also don't know that we are under stress.

I have a friend who did not have period for 3 months because she was under stress for an important exam. Once the exam was over, her menstruation started like usual.

Then again, there are also many of us who naturally have irregular menstrual cycles. So the best way is always to go see a gynae and see if she can determine what is the best way to help you.
TSdtc
post Oct 16 2012, 11:22 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Oct 16 2012, 05:44 PM)
If you are facing stress, then it's very common for your menstrual cycle and hormones to go haywire. Some people are very easily affected by stress. Some of us also don't know that we are under stress.

I have a friend who did not have period for 3 months because she was under stress for an important exam. Once the exam was over, her menstruation started like usual.

Then again, there are also many of us who naturally have irregular menstrual cycles. So the best way is always to go see a gynae and see if she can determine what is the best way to help you.
Thanks for your positive feedbacks. really appreciate it. Is there any clinics with female gynae that you know around PJ area?
oneavaya
post Nov 4 2012, 02:32 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

yes, EPO does help. It helps regulate women's hormone level, and at same time reducing PMS symptoms too.

meanwhile, you can try consuming B complex in order to help reducing your stress...

I'm consuming these 2 as well... smile.gif
SerenaCute
post Nov 4 2012, 10:24 AM

2 posts

Just don stress girl. Everything will be fine. smile.gif
AvidReader88
post Nov 5 2012, 03:25 PM

10 posts

I don't think EPO can help so much, if you have a long term problem with regularity of your period, then its a hormonal imbalance concern. EPO is very mild, and even if it works it might take longer than one month. The best thing is to consult with a gynae. Make sure you protect yourself, you don't need to ejaculate inside to get pregnant, the man constantly leaks seminal fluid that can also contain sperm. Even washing after sex might not prevent pregnancy. It seems you can kill two birds with one stone by using contraception that will also help to regular your cycle; besides birth control pills there are newer methods such as birth control patch (Evra) or vaginal ring (Nuvaring).
SerenaCute
post Nov 5 2012, 03:30 PM

2 posts

Girls nowadays should learn how to protect their right in term of sex. And must know how to reject boyfriend desire as well. smile.gif
TSdtc
post Nov 6 2012, 12:19 PM

17 posts

Thanks all, yea i've seek doctor's advise and everything is fine. smile.gif Thanks for all the comments! <3

Added on November 6, 2012, 8:58 pm
QUOTE(AvidReader88 @ Nov 5 2012, 03:25 PM)
I don't think EPO can help so much, if you have a long term problem with regularity of your period, then its a hormonal imbalance concern. EPO is very mild, and even if it works it might take longer than one month. The best thing is to consult with a gynae. Make sure you protect yourself, you don't need to ejaculate inside to get pregnant, the man constantly leaks seminal fluid that can also contain sperm. Even washing after sex might not prevent pregnancy. It seems you can kill two birds with one stone by using contraception that will also help to regular your cycle; besides birth control pills there are newer methods such as birth control patch (Evra) or vaginal ring (Nuvaring).
Hmm, seek consultation and doctor said its bcos of stress and also hormonal prob, so now nth much, just dun want to stressed out myself, cos of workload and etc. anyway, thanks for your advise... smile.gif

This post has been edited by dtc: Nov 6 2012, 08:58 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:16 PM