Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> OVERCLOCKING THE A6-3420M AND 7670M, CASTLEVANIA LORDS OF SHADOWS 2 ADDED

frostbiteengine
post Sep 11 2012, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

THIS POST HAS BEEN REUPDATED AND REARRANGED FOR BETTER VIEW

WARNING B4 PROCEED

I JUZ SHARING THE INFO . IF ANY DAMAGE HAPPEN TO YOUR LAPTOP OR YOUR DEVICE , I'LL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT . THIS MAY AVOID YOUR WARRANTY ALSO . DON'T BLAME ME IF YOUR LAPTOP OR DEVICE IS EXPLODED OR TURN INTO ATOM EXPLOSION . YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

WARNING : THIS ALSO MAY INCREASE YOUR CPU AND GPU TEMPERATURE IF DON'T HAVE PROPER COOLING . AND OVERCLOCKING MAY SHORTEN YOUR DEVICE LIFESPAN IF YOU NOT HAVE A PROPER COOLING AND GOOD AIRFLOW.

Or more specifically I’ll be explaining overclocking the:
HD 7670M
AMD A6-3420M
This guide comes with absoulutely no warranty. This may damage your hardware, it will void your warranty, follow this guide at your own risk.

Overclocking the A6-3420M

I used K10Stats for overclocking .

1.Download and install k10stats ( https://sites.google.com/site/k10stat/home/...redirects=0&d=1 )
2.Extract and run ( I recommend to create new folder and extract the files inside it )
3.Click the P-state tab .
4.For this part , you need to experiment the clock by urself becuz setting may vary from other brand and model .
5.My tips , set your CPU Voltage to highest to know your cpu overclocking ability . For example , 2.86GHz =1.2875 . Get it ? If 3.0GHz = 1.3000 . Do the math ~

up(ms) and down(ms) set it to "0"

never change the up% and down%

THE BETTER WAY TO OVERCLOCK YOUR APU IS USING K10STATS(much better than fusion tweaker) ~Fusion Tweaker is same as k10stats but simplier interface n easily use BUT RISKY ~

Overclocking the HD 7670M

1.Download the latest GPU driver ~ i would recommend these driver made by LeeKM ( http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=383299 )
2.Follow the instruction from the forum on the link provided .
3.After install , do not restart your laptop yet . go to my computer and type on address bar " regedit " .
4.Press F3 and search "enable ulps" .
5.After done searching , replace it with "0" ~ keep pressing F3 until all of it are set to "0" .
6.Restart
7.Download MSI Afterburner ( no need to download if already have )
8.After done installing it , right click the MSI Afterburner icon on desktop and select open file location.
9.Right click on blank space and click properties.
10.Go to security tab .
11.Click Edit .
12.Click full control on everything ( juz in case and need admin rights ) and click ok .
13.Right click on MSIAfterburner.cfg , click properties and unthick the "read only" and click apply or ok .
14.Open the MSIAfterburner.cfg with wordpad .
15.Scroll down until you find " UnofficialOverclockingMode = 0" change the "0" with "1" .
16.Save it . Run MSI Afterburner.
17.First time run , slowly hit 20MHz for each slider and set the fan to 100% ( Mine can slide till 780/1170)
18.If it stable , you may proceed next step .If unstable or crash , well u would rather not overclocking it ~ it depend on laptop manufacturer .
19.Close MSI Afterburner and reopen it again .
20.Now you can squeeze some extra overclock feature . Gudluck and happy overclocking .

My Review :

I did this method and successfully overclock my ASUS A43TK VX024 proc to 2.9 GHz .
This is my lappy spec :

Windows 8 Pro with Media Center
AMD A6 3420M with integrated graphic( Radeon HD6520g) Oced to 2.9GHz
6GB DDR3 RAM
500GB HDD SATA
ATI Radeon HD7670M ( 835MHz / 1180MHz )

MY OC Setting :

user posted image

My GPU Overclock(FINAL AND STABLE):
Core Clock : 835MHz Mem Clock: 1180MHz ( 865 MHz / 1210MHz stable for me for some program )
FOR BETTER AND STABLE FOR SOME USER : CORE CLOCK: 700~780MHz MEMORY CLOCK: 1000~1170MHz

user posted image

BENCHMARKING RESULT (3DMARK VANTAGE OR OTHERS LIKE UNIENGINE OR OTHERS ARE NOT TESTED .)

Benchmarking is tested on 1366x768 max resolution . Antialiasing and Vsync is turned on if the fps was stable . Old games will run fine on maxed settings .Some games run with or without patch . Test were running using my final and stable clock ( may vary different than your gpu oc clock since i run it higher than most user did )

35FPS+ on Battlefield 3 on ultra( without MSAA ) - some maps will run at 40 and above -
25FPS+ on Crysis 2 (Extreme settings , DX11 , Vsync on , HD Texture Pack )
60FPS+ on PCSX2 ( depend on games , final fantasy x-2 and initial D running solid 60FPS )
30FPS+ on Dolphin Emulator playing Fatal Frame IV
50FPS+ on Resident Evil 5 gameplay all settings are high
45FPS+ on Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 all Very High Setting with native image setting on and 4x Antialiasing plus Vsync
35FPS+ on Battlefield Bad Company 2 with all High Setting running in Directx 11 with AA
50FPS+ on Binary Domain with all highest setting
25FPS+ on Ghost Recon Future Soldier Max setting
40FPS+ on Max Payne 3 ( Running on DirectX 11 , Everything MAX , AA 2X ,vsync on )
45FPS+ on Race Driver Grid max setting
30FPS+ on Medal Of Honor Warfighter ULTRA settings ( without antialiasing )
35FPS+ on DIRT 3 ultra settings with AA and Vsync
35FPS+ on Homefront with all highest settings
50FPS+ on Gear Of War with latest patch and running on Directx 10 with antialiasing
45FPS+ on Metro 2033 running on Directx10 with highest settings ( Directx 11 will gives a glitch : black bars )
55FPS+ on Counter-Strike Global Offensive with max setting
40FPS+ on Doom BFG edition highest settings
35FPS+ on Dawn of War II Series ( Max Setting with AA)
55FPS+ on Dishonored ( Max Setting with AA)
55FPS+ on Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare ( Max Setting with AA)
35FPS+ on Starcraft II ( ultra , vsync on , reduce mouse lag off )
45FPS+ on Singularity ( with some registry tweaks , vsync on , no AA )
45FPS+ on X-Men Origin : Wolverines ( Tweaked settings )
40FPS+ on Deus Ex Human Revolution ( All max even on catalyst set at 8x antialiasing ~Directx11 )
30FPS+ on Lost Planet 2 ( All max running DirectX 11 settings without AA n Vsync)
35FPS+ on Alan Wake ( Max Settings )
35FPS+ on Warhammer 40k Space Marine ( Max settings )
35FPS+ on All Assasins Creed Series ( first ~ revealation )
35FPS+ on Silent Hill Homecoming( Max settings )
45FPS+ on The Darkness II ( all max )
35FPS+ on FEAR 3 ( all max )
30FPS+ on Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 ( all max )
45FPS+ on RAGE ( all max and patched up)
35FPS+ on James Bond BloodStone ( max except AA set to 4x )
30FPS+ on Call of Duty Black Ops II ( maxed out settings with 8x AA)
40FPS+ on Dead Space 2 ( All maxed out vsync off)
50FPS+ on Street Fighter IV Benchmark ( All Maxed Out )
25FPS+ on Assasins Creed III ( all maxed out except antialiasing quality set to high, sometimes the fps go 30fps to 45fps )
45FPS+ on Sniper Ghost Warrior ( Maxed out )
30FPS+ on DiRT Showdown ( Maxed Out )
30FPS+ on Alan Wake American Nightmare ( Max Setting with AA)
30FPS+ on New Slender Game ( Maxed out ) ( http://www.haunt-slendergame.com/ ) < nice graphic and gameplay kinda scary too ..
45FPS+ on The Walking Dead ( Max Out )
35FPS+ on Operation Flashpoint Red River ( Maxed Out )
25FPS+ on Crysis ( 8XMSAA ,VSYNC , VERY HIGH ) ( much better looking wif blackfire mods : http://postimage.org/image/duoffv0un/ )
25FPS+ on L.A. Noire ( Maxed out , except shadow and lightning are set to balanced running on DirectX 9 )
30FPS+ on Far Cry 3 ( Ultra settings without AA , vsync OFF , gpu render set to 1 or 2 and set the shadow to medium plus postfx to low ~ )
55FPS+ on Portal 2 ( Max settings with AA X8 and Vsync)
25FPS+ on Hitman Absolution ( all maxed out except shadows set to medium , 2x antialiasing )
50FPS+ on Tomb Raider Underworld ( Maxed Out )
35FPS+ on Ridge Race Unbounded ( Max Setting with AA)
50FPS+ on DOTA 2 ( Max Setting with AA)
40FPS+ on DMC 2013 Max Setting ~
35/45FPS+ on Dead Space 3 ( Max setting ,Vsync off )
40FPS+ on Modern Warfare 2 (Max sett. in SP )
20FPS+ on World Of Tank ( Max Sett. )
25FPS+ on PlanetSide 2 ( Max Sett. )
40FPS+ on Alien Colonial Marines ( Max Sett. with vsync but the game kinda stutter without reason :/ even though on low setting ~)
23FPS+ on Crysis 3 ( High Setting with 2x AA with vsync / Go for medium setting or lower if u wanna boost ur fps)
24FPS+ on Tomb Raider 2013 ( set on high / Custom setting with FXAA n Triple Buffer Vsync plus TressFX ~ see picture link below )
25FPS+ on Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army ( Ultra sett. without AA )
30FPS+ on Call Of Duty 2 ( Max Sett. )
45FPS+ on Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 ( Very High setting with AA n vsync )
40FPS+ on Sleeping Dogs ( Max Setting )
45FPS+ on Resident Evil 6 ( Max Setting )
30FPS+ on Starcraft II Heart Of Swarm ( Extreme with Antialiasing )
35FPS+ on God Mode ( Everything on Max )
25FPS+ on Bioshock Infinite ( Ultra Setting )
45FPS+ on Dead Island Riptide ( everything max )
30FPS+ on Farcry 3 Blood Dragon ( Same setting as FC3 )
60FPS+ on Scribblenauts Unlimited ( 8X Antialiasing ~ haha ~ )
50FPS+ on Grand Theft Auto IV ( Max Setting ) < games kinda unoptimized :/ low fps sometimes
25FPS+ on The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim ( Max Setting with 4X AA)
30FPS+ on The Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition ( Max except ubersampling and using this tweak : documents > witcher 2 > config > user - change TextureMemoryBudget to 1536 or 900 )
20FPS+ on Metro Last Light ( Max except SSAA n Tesselation , motion blur set to low )
25FPS+ on Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition ( Max Setting )
60FPS+ on Left 4 Dead 2 ( Max Setting 8x AA)
50FPS+ on Resident Evil 6 ( Maxed Out )
50FPS+ on Resident Evil Revelation ( Max Setting as possible )
40FPS+ on Call Of Juarez Gunslinger ( Max as posibble )
25FPS+ on GRID 2 ( Ultra with 4X AA )
50FPS+ on Remember Me ( All Maxed Out except supersampling )
30FPS+ on Of Orc And Men ( Default setting )
30FPS+ on Deadpool ( Max Setting )
30FPS+ on Splinter Cell Blacklist ( Max = FXAA + No vsync )
40FPS+ on Castlevania Lords of Shadow ( Max Settings )
50FPS+ on Lost Planet 3 ( Max Settings)
30FPS+ on Outlast ( Max Setting )
30FPS+ on Amnesia A Machine For Pigs ( Most are maxed out , i dont remember what settings )
25FPS+ on Batman Arkham City ( Most setting are maxed except Antialiasing set to FXAA)
55FPS+ on GTA San Andreas ( Maxed out )
25FPS+ on Shadow Warrior ( Maxed out )
25FPS+ on Alien Rage Unlimited ( unstable game ! )
30FPS+ on Marlow Briggs ( Maxed out)
30FPS+ on ARMA III ( still benchmarking )
30FPS+ on PPSSPP64 ( Most Games are playable~ but some are bug . check out the website forum for the games compability )
40FPS+ on Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut ( Maxed Out Everything )
30FPS+ on Battlefield 4 ( See my google album for setting )
20FPS+ on Assasins Creed IV Black Flag ( See my google album for setting )
25FPS+ on Call Of Duty Ghost ( Got bug , need further patch or tweak ~ really bad fps even on lowest )
55FPS+ on Injustice God Among Us Ultimate Edition ( Forgot what setting )
25FPS+ on Metal Gear Rising Revengeance ( Max except AA )
40FPS+ on Castlevania Lords Of Shadows 2 ( In game all Max )

DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT SOME OF MY INGAME AND SETTINGS SCREENSHOT icon_rolleyes.gif ( INCLUDE PERFORMANCE TEST AND OTHERS ) :

https://plus.google.com/photos/112873566127...CPLA-6-n9qLD8AE

-Software rendering will be much faster when running higher clocks.-
IF YOUR TEMPS. GET HIGH OR WANT TO PUSH YOUR OVERCLOCK HIGHER , OPEN THE RAM AND HDD COVER PLATE AND CHANGE THE THERMAL PASTE INSIDE THE LAPTOP . THAT SHOULD DO .

[cool.gif Most of the new game can run pretty decent and playable at max settings , depend on their game engine and settings . The benchmarking result was benchmarked by myself by running it and test it on several games .

This also compatible with A4 ,A6, A8 , and A10 mobile processor.
You can also use FusionTweaker to overclock your processor successfully. ( i recommend k10stats becuz it is more stable software than fusion tweaker . if using fusion tweaker , once it get wrong setting , u gotta format ur hdd )

Here are some tips for the airflow :
- Please do this overclocking on a flat and hard surface ( e.g. marble floor not wooden floor )
- give a space for the laptop
- do it in air conditioned room is recommended
- put a big fan beside ur lappy
- buy a cooler of course

warning on the overclocking the CPU and GPU :
-DON'T PUSH THE VOLTAGE TOO MUCH
-STAY ALERT ON THE TEMP
-DON'T OVERCLOCK TOO MUCH
-BE FRIENDLY WITH YOUR HARDWARE
-LOWER THE CLOCK IF THE TEMP WAY TOO MUCH
-THE HIGHER THE VOLTAGE , THE HIGHER THE TEMP RISING

FOR ASUS A43TK OR SIMILAR : 3.0GHz ARE NOT stable on ASUS A43TK .It only gives you a bluescreen because of voltage limitation.... 2.9GHz are more stable but need a good cooler .( DON'T USE CHEAP COOLER as it not good as branded ones shakehead.gif ...laptop cooler with adjustable fan like Cooler Master Notepal U3 for example is good to be used in overclocking things rclxms.gif )
To have a better temperature on cooling , make a DIY laptop cooler by using some high airflow of 120mm case fans and sum Delta Fans ( mine using cooler master and xigmatek ) and use sum sorduff dc / ac current adapter ~ google 1st for wiring method ~ .. by using the DIY laptop cooler , i got a dramatically low temperature from 51'c is the minimum lowered to 38'c ~ The temp wont go above 80'c

Using DIY cooler ^w^ ( I can't show more pix as it is a confidential hybrid air cooling project aka fish ~ haha ~ juz kidding i cant tell you what kind of theory i use. )

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

NOTES :
Some of you guys might have problem with application profiles or switchable graphic settings which is giving you an ati crash ..... to fix it u gotta do this :

1 - Go to C: drive (or whatever drive you use in tht matter) inside C : drive there is hidden folder called ProgramData go inside this folder and you will see ATI folder delete ATI folder. (programdata folder is hidden so you have to change your folder view options to show hidden folders)
2 - Go to C:\Users\yourwindowsuser\AppData\Local (change yourwindowsuser with your admin account name that you use when you login windows) there you will see another ATI folder just delete it.
3- Try to reopen the CCC . Everything will start fine. CCC will work fine but all your previous profiles gone

Hope ATI will fix this issue ....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrade or install windows 8 for better gaming performance smile.gif the fps of myself playing mw2 stable at 50-60fps smile.gif most games like cod bops also gained a huge amount of fps smile.gif

TWEAKS:
Make BF3 running smoother ~ :

First , you need to set ur settings that make the game ran playable . then , download the .cfg file and put in in ur battlefield 3 folder .

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8uyt1qxcns1w3u

For smooth or increase performance on Battlefield 3 , patch ur game until latest ~ since i test the game using the pirate one , use update 5 of battlefield 3 .search through google or can ask me to upload the file of the patch ( but tht would be illegal)

This is wht i got through fps benchmark :

Operation Swordbreaker ( in the humvee scene ~ till end of mission )

B4 Patch : 35~39 fps
After patch : 39~60 fps minimum is around 28 or 29 but happen on certain , not all the time ~ still playable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR USING THE HD7670M INSTEAD OF HD6520G

This is a detail explaination on getting a performance on 7670m card without using 6520g ...

Right click , go to AMD Radeon Dual Graphic tab and disable it .
user posted image

Then , go to Switchable Graphics and select ur desired application that you wanna run with 7670m .select high performance ~ done .
user posted image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys are feel free to ask the game settings or overclock settings at me if you guys wanna know my clock setup ^w^
Stay tune for more stable benchmark and oc . It would be a great if you guyz post ur oc result at here so we can exchange some infos ^w^
If you guys have any suggestion , please let me know .And also ,please leave a good comment ... Don't be harsh ....
Stay update to latest ATI graphic driver on AMD websites . watch out for game latest patch for performance and other improvement and fixes .
For Benchmarking software or games can be requested at this post for further benchmarking n testing

Sharing is Caring
Official Post by Ahmad Nasri ( Frostbiteengine/ Frosty / Frost ) Malaysia Boleh !
Thank You for Viewing my post ! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by frostbiteengine: Apr 15 2014, 02:40 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
titegtnodI
post Nov 6 2012, 12:01 AM

Group: New Member

I'm glad this guide helped you, when I wrote it I couldn't find a lot (any) of information on overclocking the 7670m.

I just looked up K10stat and fusiontweaker. I think the full version of AMD Overdrive is better. Also the mini version of Overdrive included in AVE / CCC doesn't seem like it's being offered anymore (Catalyst 12.11 Beta) so I'm going to need to update the guide.

BTW:

<...> update AMD Vision Engine (Shortened to AVE), you can do so with this.

Should be:
<...> update AMD Vision Engine (Shortened to AVE), you can do so with this.

and
<...>, you can get a copy of it here.

to
<...>, you can get a copy of it here.

+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Nov 6 2012, 06:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(titegtnodI @ Nov 6 2012, 12:01 AM)
I'm glad this guide helped you, when I wrote it I couldn't find a lot (any) of information on overclocking the 7670m.

I just looked up K10stat and fusiontweaker. I think the full version of AMD Overdrive is better. Also the mini version of Overdrive included in AVE / CCC doesn't seem like it's being offered anymore (Catalyst 12.11 Beta) so I'm going to need to update the guide.

BTW:
Should be:

and

to
yea ~ but this is the basic explaination smile.gif advanced setup depend on different than what people use ... some people can go till 3.0GHz without bluescreen , like mine ASUS A43TK got a very limit voltage tweak doh.gif urm ..... full version of AMD Overdrive ?? do you have the link ? what is the differences between the one tht already have in AMD Vision Engine CCC ? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
titegtnodI
post Nov 7 2012, 12:48 AM

I should test the higher GHz stability.

The full version of AMD Overdrive can be found here. It has a lot more features than the one included with AVE / CCC. I highly recommend checking it out, even if you don't end up using it. It even has features for testing the stability, I love it.
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Nov 7 2012, 04:23 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(titegtnodI @ Nov 7 2012, 12:48 AM)
I should test the higher GHz stability.

The full version of AMD Overdrive can be found here. It has a lot more features than the one included with AVE / CCC. I highly recommend checking it out, even if you don't end up using it. It even has features for testing the stability, I love it.
geez ~ thnx happy.gif nice ~ much better smile.gif
+Quote Post
Syc0
post Nov 14 2012, 10:47 AM

Casual

wow.. very nice result you get there.. btw how do you rate this laptop ? i might interested to buy one for normal use and normal gaming( since i already have dekstop for gaming purpose ) smile.gif
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Nov 14 2012, 12:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Syc0 @ Nov 14 2012, 10:47 AM)
wow.. very nice result you get there.. btw how do you rate this laptop ? i might interested to buy one for normal use and normal gaming( since i already have dekstop for gaming purpose ) smile.gif
i benchmark it by myself smile.gif testing it for real ~ b4 i bought this laptop , i search through each forums for some infos and comparing this laptop gpu to others like gt610m and gt630m ~ and the gpu is running a few percent better than those gpu smile.gif and watching on youtube for seeing how far that this gpu can go smile.gif

Most of the games that i benchmark is running without cpu overclocking , juz running wif overclocked gpu smile.gif and disabling the apu integrated graphic . my safe range on cpu overclocking is 2.5GHz smile.gif 2.6GHz till 2.9GHz will gives laptop overheat and shut down by itself ~ but depend on each core setup smile.gif

I suggest if u wanna buy it , u need to upgrade ram capacity to 6GB or 8GB max since 2GB will giving this laptop some bottlenecking or u can buy a laptop that have a same spec as mine or grab the one wif intel processor like core i5 or i7 and have a hd7670m graphics smile.gif

Thnx for viewing this post smile.gif I appreciate it .
+Quote Post
Syc0
post Nov 14 2012, 05:52 PM

Casual

so many smiley icon lol .. btw i found this model quite cheaper compare to other .. maybe i will pass with intel processor since the price may be higher.. glad to hear this laptop can run new games with med setting at most.. well you running on oc or stock for the processor ?
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Nov 14 2012, 09:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Syc0 @ Nov 14 2012, 05:52 PM)
so many smiley icon lol .. btw i found this model quite cheaper compare to other .. maybe i will pass with intel processor since the price may be higher.. glad to hear this laptop can run new games with med setting at most.. well you running on oc or stock for the processor ?
yes , this model is more cheaper smile.gif and it has been known as cheap gaming laptop which is better and affordable by most gamer on a budget ..most of the time i running it on stock for the processor since overclocking it juz give about 20% to 30% boost for game loading and fps ~ but boost windows startup and other multimedia work like video converting smile.gif
+Quote Post
khairulpetrcech
post Nov 20 2012, 10:26 AM

Assalamualaikum
how far can GPU being OC to make its stable,less heat and doesnt need for custom cooler?

also,if i OC CPU and GPU,when i restart the laptop,does it still in OC or its back to stock?

sorry,im noob in OC
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Nov 20 2012, 03:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(khairulpetrcech @ Nov 20 2012, 10:26 AM)
Assalamualaikum
how far can GPU being OC to make its stable,less heat and doesnt need for custom cooler?

also,if i OC CPU and GPU,when i restart the laptop,does it still in OC or its back to stock?

sorry,im noob in OC
waalaikumussalam bro smile.gif you mean this(hd7670m) GPU ? if yes , on this GPU, u can push to the max without oc the CPU by using normal or without custom cooler ~ juz using the regular and cheap one smile.gif core clock on 780MHz and 1170MHz on memory clock smile.gif final and stable .on other gpu , it depend on how far the gpu can push ~janji ckup voltage ...

u can save ur GPU and CPU oc settings smile.gif when u start the system , it will run on ur overclocked settings .even though u restart wink.gif but if u dun save the settings , it will run in stock or normal clock .

for GPU , msi afterburner provide a profile tht u can save the settings ~ same goes to other overclocking software ~
for CPU , fusion tweaker need 2 save by checking the "make custom p-states settings permanent" and k10stats provide a save profile . much easier but pening sket 2 use but same like fusion tweaker smile.gif

+Quote Post
kucingfight
post Nov 20 2012, 06:06 PM

I Want My B00bs back!!
Group Icon
Overclockers United
Group: Elite

great share, should move it to Mobile computing. we have some A6/a8 overclocking sharings there

i myself doing 2.0ghz @ 1v on k43tk
+Quote Post
khairulpetrcech
post Nov 20 2012, 06:07 PM

ohh so much thanks maaa

so much smilie though XD,,

i thought i want to angkat this little beast (Asus A43TK) soon,,so looking forward to my question in the future,k?ha3

sweat.gif

Added on November 20, 2012, 6:18 pm
from update 5 u said need to exchange to 7670m to get better performance while playing games,does i need to do this everytime i want to play game in high setting?or there is also save setting like oc the cpu and gpu?

This post has been edited by khairulpetrcech: Nov 20 2012, 06:18 PM
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Nov 20 2012, 06:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kucingfight @ Nov 20 2012, 06:06 PM)
great share, should move it to Mobile computing. we have some A6/a8 overclocking sharings there

i myself doing 2.0ghz @ 1v on k43tk
wow ~ tht is wht i've been looking for smile.gif thnx ~

Added on November 20, 2012, 6:33 pm
QUOTE(khairulpetrcech @ Nov 20 2012, 06:07 PM)
ohh so much thanks maaa

so much smilie though XD,,

i thought i want to angkat this little beast (Asus A43TK) soon,,so looking forward to my question in the future,k?ha3

sweat.gif

Added on November 20, 2012, 6:18 pm
from update 5 u said need to exchange to 7670m to get better performance while playing games,does i need to do this everytime i want to play game in high setting?or there is also save setting like oc the cpu and gpu?
hahaha ~ maybe facebook make me post many smiley tongue.gif

gudluck on grabbing the laptop smile.gif

From Update 5 : tht one juz do it once ~ smile.gif since it save ur profile for performance smile.gif

This post has been edited by frostbiteengine: Nov 20 2012, 06:33 PM
+Quote Post
khairulpetrcech
post Nov 22 2012, 02:45 PM

another question bro,,

if i oc sekali-sekala(mean,oc just untuk maen game,and then revert to stock to do work like word,powepoint,browse internet,etc,etc),,is it ok?x rosak hardware ke kalau buat camtu kerap kali?

then if oc cpu to 2.5ghz,is it ok to use this cooler:

this

or is it ok to just use this cooler?:

this one

orrr,,is it ok not to use cooler?

+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Nov 22 2012, 03:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(khairulpetrcech @ Nov 22 2012, 02:45 PM)
another question bro,,

if i oc sekali-sekala(mean,oc just untuk maen game,and then revert to stock to do work like word,powepoint,browse internet,etc,etc),,is it ok?x rosak hardware ke kalau buat camtu kerap kali?

then if oc cpu to 2.5ghz,is it ok to use this cooler:

this

or is it ok to just use this cooler?:

this one

orrr,,is it ok not to use cooler?
i pick notepal u3 wif removable fans in my opinion ~ becuz i put my fan on the hole vent below the laptop ~ and i oso open the ram and the hdd cover for extra cool down .... so better grab tht cooler ~ klau kat luar psng ler blek tongue.gif

if oc skali skala arr ? hmm.... no prob smile.gif tp klau asyik nak tuka je mmg menyusahkn ~ so in k10stats , u can create a profile smile.gif tht is good news for apu laptop overclockers ~ it can save up to 5 profile if not my mistake smile.gif u can set Game profile , Work Profile , Idle profile , and others ..

From my experience , boleh je nak oc skali skala ~ tp jgn terlebih push mende tu je ~ klau overclock bwh 2.5GHz still ok ~ mine rite now hit 2.7GHz running 95'c with custom cooler ~ hardware rosak sbb panas gile2 and overvolt ~ 1.2875v is on safe range on my overclocking ~ juz need knowledge on oc it smile.gif

look at this guy overclocking the cpu , tgk software k10stats . nmpk x die ade wat profile max , profile 2 , profile 3 and len2 ? so xde la jd keje dua tiga empat kali smile.gif ( jgn dicopy lak setting die , tht one unstable )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu0dTDaJdz8

This post has been edited by frostbiteengine: Nov 22 2012, 03:22 PM
+Quote Post
zenyxia
post Feb 3 2013, 09:48 PM

Hey, thank you very much for the article. I can't find anything useful than your topic about overclocking this GPU and a friend recommended here. You explained and detailed very well. I'm thinking to overclock my 7670M too but before I do it, I need some help.

Firstly, when I searched "enableulps" on regedit files, there are more than 1. I think the number of these are 4 or 5. Should I change all their value from 1 to 0?

You did fan speed %100 percent on MSI Afterburner. Should I do it too or leave it to auto? Also, you didn't give voltage to GPU, did you?

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by zenyxia: Feb 3 2013, 10:01 PM
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Feb 4 2013, 10:44 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zenyxia @ Feb 3 2013, 09:48 PM)
Hey, thank you very much for the article. I can't find anything useful than your topic about overclocking this GPU and a friend recommended here. You explained and detailed very well. I'm thinking to overclock my 7670M too but before I do it, I need some help.

Firstly, when I searched "enableulps" on regedit files, there are more than 1. I think the number of these are 4 or 5. Should I change all their value from 1 to 0?

You did fan speed %100 percent on MSI Afterburner. Should I do it too or leave it to auto? Also, you didn't give voltage to GPU, did you?

Thanks in advance.
Firstly , i would say thank you for reading this post smile.gif

Okay , for the enableulps ~ yes , you need to change all of it into " 0 " . If you are planning to update ur gpu driver , u hav to do this again once after u update ur gpu driver ~

For the fan , i set it 100% becuz i dun wan my lappy get hot ~ but even though i set it to 100% , the fan speed like doesn't change shocking.gif so , i use the laptop cooler for preventing some overheating ~~ so , up to u if u wanna set it to 100% or less ~ or set it to auto smile.gif

For the gpu voltage , i didn't ~ even though i already unlock it in MSI Afterburner , it still wont unlock it ~ so , the voltage for the gpu is untouchable n unadjustable ~~

extra infos ~ with the AMD Catalyst 13.2 Beta 4 ,now i can push my gpu core clock to 820MHz or 825MHz rather than 780MHz max and memory clock on 1170MHz or 1180Mhz on windows 8 ( windows 7 dun sure ~ )

This post has been edited by frostbiteengine: Feb 4 2013, 01:30 PM
+Quote Post
hazard_puppet
post Feb 4 2013, 07:58 PM

Casual

can u make some script so that when i click it, it will auto overclock my gpu biggrin.gif

will try it in the future!
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Feb 4 2013, 09:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hazard_puppet @ Feb 4 2013, 07:58 PM)
can u make some script so that when i click it, it will auto overclock my gpu biggrin.gif

will try it in the future!
lol ~ so sorry bro ~ i dunno how ~ biggrin.gif haha ~ y not use msi afterburner save profile ? juz click n gud 2 go smile.gif

gudluck in trying the overclocks ! rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by frostbiteengine: Feb 4 2013, 09:23 PM
+Quote Post
Anime-FAN
post Feb 5 2013, 02:32 AM

Casual

Find it quite interesting as there are topic related to this 7670m ATI - not so over-rated GC.

Anyway, here are the specs of the laptop;
A8-Quad 1.8Ghz turbo up to 2.5Ghz
with 4GB of Ram(dual channel)
6260m + 7670m

Looking at your setup that alot of cooler are used and infact I was quite suprised that you were able to OC from 600Mhz/900Mhz default clock to a really high clock.

Relatively anyway a benchmark of Planetside 2 can be post up?
Was playing it for few days seeminglessly figured out whether should stop playing it or what not as the specs I have seems making it lagging very bad although it was crossfire.

OC'ing wasn't an alternative since all of my previous GC were OC to an extend that bad pixel start showing up, now, whether to OC another free 200mhz which is alot, or might even end up sending the laptop for RMA later on.

Thanks smile.gif
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Feb 5 2013, 12:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Anime-FAN @ Feb 5 2013, 02:32 AM)
Find it quite interesting as there are topic related to this 7670m ATI - not so over-rated GC.

Anyway, here are the specs of the laptop;
A8-Quad 1.8Ghz turbo up to 2.5Ghz
with 4GB of Ram(dual channel)
6260m + 7670m

Looking at your setup that alot of cooler are used and infact I was quite suprised that you were able to OC from 600Mhz/900Mhz default clock to a really high clock.

Relatively anyway a benchmark of Planetside 2 can be post up?
Was playing it for few days seeminglessly figured out whether should stop playing it or what not as the specs I have seems making it lagging very bad although it was crossfire.

OC'ing wasn't an alternative since all of my previous GC were OC to an extend that bad pixel start showing up, now, whether to OC another free 200mhz which is alot, or might even end up sending the laptop for RMA later on.

Thanks  smile.gif
Benchmark for Planetside 2 will be post up ~ ( Maybe this saturday )
I think if u find the game get lagging , u shud disable crossfireX since one of the graphic memory and clock are different which giving u an unstable fps like mine playing bf3 ( even though bf3 fps get 60fps on msi afterburner when crossfire , it juz like 20fps wif lag here n there ~ unstable gameplay .. still researching for tht fix )

bad pixel ? u mean artifact ( random colour pixel ) ? even though u start wif small clocks ? bad pixel or artifact mostly caused by memory clock ~

+Quote Post
fatalis26
post Feb 6 2013, 03:12 AM

Okay, first of all, your post is extremely helpful, since no one has ever post how to OC HD7670M as detailed as yours..

Now, my laptop spec,
i5-3317U 1.7 Ghz
4GB RAM
HD7670M of course tongue.gif

Anyway, since i'm using intel cpu, and I only want to OC my gpu, can I use your method above?
If I can, with amd driver 13.1 official, what is the good and stable core and memory clock? I think I don't want to go as high as 820mhz like you did.. LOL

This post has been edited by fatalis26: Feb 6 2013, 03:13 AM
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Feb 6 2013, 03:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(fatalis26 @ Feb 6 2013, 03:12 AM)
Okay, first of all, your post is extremely helpful, since no one has ever post how to OC HD7670M as detailed as yours..

Now, my laptop spec,
i5-3317U 1.7 Ghz
4GB RAM
HD7670M of course tongue.gif

Anyway, since i'm using intel cpu, and I only want to OC my gpu, can I use your method above?
If I can, with amd driver 13.1 official, what is the good and stable core and memory clock? I think I don't want to go as high as 820mhz like you did.. LOL
Sure bro biggrin.gif but u better use beta driver since it got alot of fixes but it up to you if u wanna update ur gpu driver or not ~ so , the stable core clock is 780MHz and memory clock is 1170MHz ~ smile.gif tht is wht i use b4 ~ stable n no crash ~ smile.gif

Another tips , if u wanna squeeze an extra performance u can grab another 4gb ram or use dual channel 8gb ram smile.gif which is helpful n ur laptop will be more smoother in doing task smile.gif
+Quote Post
Anime-FAN
post Feb 7 2013, 01:22 AM

Casual

It looks like the CrossfireX in Planetside 2 game is fixed on my end.

Downloaded the latest driver, and crank GPU till 750/1000 from 600/900, that were the only stable core, used the Sapphire Overclock tool.

As far for cranking up till 840/1170 it's look like a 7700 GPU series already, but still nevertheless it's pretty darn good cranking up over 200Mhz in core, that's like extra 500 bucks if it were to change to a new laptop with that similiar GPU. Haha smile.gif

As for APU, uses the OverDrive and crank from 1.8Ghz till 2.2Ghz, just that the Turbo still goes up till only 2.5Ghz.. will figure out a way on that soon.

At this moment the OC'ing is fair enough for me to play the game. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Anime-FAN: Feb 7 2013, 01:26 AM
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Feb 7 2013, 12:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Anime-FAN @ Feb 7 2013, 01:22 AM)
It looks like the CrossfireX in Planetside 2 game is fixed on my end.

Downloaded the latest driver, and crank GPU till 750/1000 from 600/900, that were the only stable core, used the Sapphire Overclock tool.

As far for cranking up till 840/1170 it's look like a 7700 GPU series already, but still nevertheless it's pretty darn good cranking up over 200Mhz in core, that's like extra 500 bucks if it were to change to a new laptop with that similiar GPU. Haha  smile.gif

As for APU, uses the OverDrive and crank from 1.8Ghz till 2.2Ghz, just that the Turbo still goes up till only 2.5Ghz.. will figure out a way on that soon.

At this moment the OC'ing is fair enough for me to play the game.  tongue.gif
wow ~ smile.gif like mine i use 820/1180 wif afterburner n using k10stats to overclock my cpu to 2.7GHz ~

can u share any printscreen of urs overclocking ? i might wanna add it to my research for stable clocks for everyone to use ~ smile.gif
+Quote Post
fatalis26
post Feb 7 2013, 09:54 PM

QUOTE(frostbiteengine @ Feb 6 2013, 02:27 PM)
Sure bro  biggrin.gif  but u better use beta driver since it got alot of fixes but it up to you if u wanna update ur gpu driver or not ~   so , the stable core clock is 780MHz and memory clock is 1170MHz ~ smile.gif tht is wht i use b4 ~ stable n no crash ~ smile.gif

Another tips , if u wanna squeeze an extra performance u can grab another 4gb ram or use dual channel 8gb ram smile.gif which is helpful n ur laptop will be more smoother in doing task smile.gif
Long story short, I finally succeed to overclock my 7670M.. I set the core clock at 725mhz with memory at 1000mhz in msi afterburner.. Yes, it's a small value compare to yours cry.gif , however, now what i'm concern it's about the heat..

After I set the afterburner, I ran Furmark to test my setting.. Then. the temperature keep rising up.. 70....75...80...85... and then i shut down furmark.. LOL
My question is, is it okay to have 90 degrees gpu? Right now i'm using coolermaster notepal evo cooler, but the fan position isn't right under my gpu or cpu tongue.gif ..
Then, next question, if i continue the furmark test, it isn't gonna blow my laptop right? Or the temperature will keep rising?

Thx b4, again really helpful post !

Edit : one more question, what memory that your 7670M had? Is it ddr3 or ddr5? thanks !

This post has been edited by fatalis26: Feb 7 2013, 10:01 PM
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Feb 7 2013, 11:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(fatalis26 @ Feb 7 2013, 09:54 PM)
Long story short, I finally succeed to overclock my 7670M.. I set the core clock at 725mhz with memory at 1000mhz in msi afterburner.. Yes, it's a small value compare to yours  cry.gif , however, now what i'm concern it's about the heat..

After I set the afterburner, I ran Furmark to test my setting.. Then. the temperature keep rising up.. 70....75...80...85... and then i shut down furmark.. LOL
My question is, is it okay to have 90 degrees gpu? Right now i'm using coolermaster notepal evo cooler, but the fan position isn't right under my gpu or cpu  tongue.gif ..
Then, next question, if i continue the furmark test, it isn't gonna blow my laptop right? Or the temperature will keep rising?

Thx b4, again really helpful post !

Edit : one more question, what memory that your 7670M had? Is it ddr3 or ddr5? thanks !
first of all , the heat ~ well , max temp for gpu is 100'c ~ did u set the fan at auto or full speed ? mine set at full speed ~
since u r using intel cpu , it is goin to be hot like my dad dell laptop using i7 ~ even though already bought laptop cooler ~
then , it is important for the laptop cooling fan were set under the vent of ur laptop ~like mine , i had to remove the ram n the hdd cover for my laptop for proper air flow since most laptop doesnt hav a proper cooling even though it is cooled wif laptop cooler ~ mine using a custom cooler which is better cooling and high airflow smile.gif

i like ur question " it isn't gonna blow my laptop right? " well , no ~ like urm ~ it's juz like boiling a water ~ nothing blow right ? juz a heat~ dun worry , when ur gpu reach 100'c , it will automatically shut down to prevent any error. my suggestion is , try to overclock at some place that not hot or airconditioned place and keep ur gpu temp under 98'c or 96'c or 85'c for better~ what is important is proper cooling ~ post me a screenshot of urs settings in msi afterburner + cpuz + gpuz ~

mine gpu is 1gb gddr3 hd7670 ~ if u find the gddr5 version , u r lucky mate smile.gif

This post has been edited by frostbiteengine: Feb 8 2013, 12:01 AM
+Quote Post
fatalis26
post Feb 8 2013, 02:48 AM

QUOTE(frostbiteengine @ Feb 7 2013, 10:58 PM)
first of all , the heat ~ well , max temp for gpu is 100'c  ~  did u set the fan at auto or full speed ? mine set at full speed ~
since u r using intel cpu , it is goin to be hot like my dad dell laptop using i7 ~ even though already bought laptop cooler ~
then , it is important for the laptop cooling fan were set under the vent of ur laptop ~like mine , i had to remove the ram n the hdd cover for my laptop for proper air flow since most laptop doesnt hav a proper cooling even though it is cooled wif laptop cooler ~ mine using a custom cooler which is better cooling and high airflow smile.gif

i like ur question " it isn't gonna blow my laptop right? "  well , no ~ like urm ~ it's juz like boiling a water ~ nothing blow right ? juz a heat~ dun worry , when ur gpu reach 100'c , it will automatically shut down to prevent any error. my suggestion is , try to overclock at some place that not hot or airconditioned place and keep ur gpu temp under 98'c or 96'c  or 85'c for better~ what is important is proper cooling ~ post me a screenshot of urs settings in msi afterburner + cpuz + gpuz ~

mine gpu is 1gb gddr3 hd7670 ~  if u find the gddr5 version , u r lucky mate smile.gif
Now, I have found the problem ! Right now, i set the gpu to 725/1000.. Note that fan speed is set to 100, although i don't think it has any effect on the fan... After 10 mins running furmark, gpu is at 81 degrees which is good enough i think...

The reason why last time the temperature is rising up is because i force the cpu to always turbo (2.4 ghz).. However, if i let the cpu throttle down, apparently the gpu temperature decrease too.. Well, stupid intel CPU.. LOL
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Feb 8 2013, 11:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(fatalis26 @ Feb 8 2013, 02:48 AM)
Now, I have found the problem ! Right now, i set the gpu to 725/1000.. Note that fan speed is set to 100, although i don't think it has any effect on the fan... After 10 mins running furmark, gpu is at 81 degrees which is good enough i think...

The reason why last time the temperature is rising up is because i force the cpu to always turbo (2.4 ghz).. However, if i let the cpu throttle down, apparently the gpu temperature decrease too.. Well, stupid intel CPU.. LOL
haha ~ i already suspect at ur cpu tht causes the heat from the first smile.gif well done for ur fix smile.gif
+Quote Post
fatalis26
post Feb 9 2013, 08:40 PM

QUOTE(frostbiteengine @ Feb 8 2013, 10:16 AM)
haha ~ i already suspect at ur cpu tht causes the heat from the first smile.gif well done for ur fix smile.gif
Right now i'm at 750/1050..
Seems stable enough.. Running 3Dmark 11 performance give me 1452 gpu score..
That's pretty damn high! Even surpass the 7690M XT! Max temp after running the bench is around 78 degrees which still very good..

Thank you again! Cheers!
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Feb 9 2013, 08:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(fatalis26 @ Feb 9 2013, 08:40 PM)
Right now i'm at 750/1050..
Seems stable enough.. Running 3Dmark 11 performance give me 1452 gpu score..
That's pretty damn high! Even surpass the 7690M XT! Max temp after running the bench is around 78 degrees which still very good..

Thank you again! Cheers!
nice ! keep up the work wink.gif
+Quote Post
zenyxia
post Feb 11 2013, 03:58 PM

Hello again,

I finally managed to overclock my 7670M and I want to share results with you guys.

I'm not using any cooler and I was thinking to overclock after buy a good cooler but couldn't resist. blush.gif Btw, I only tested in 3D Mark 11 and not in games, GPU temperature didn't up to 62 degrees. I also disabled Intel Turbo Boost because like you guys said, it's causing too overheat. I lost some 300-400 Physics Score because of that. Like I care. tongue.gif

Anyway, here the results:

Without overclock (600-900):

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5882623

Overclock - 700/1000:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5882627

Overclock - 750/1050 (most stable)

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5882631

Overclock - 780/1170

It doesn't have benchmark score because even on first test, there was already some black spots in the screen and I instantly alt+f4 to preventing any error (btw, my gpu hasn't damaged, has it? rolleyes.gif I tried on some games with default clock and I don't get any black spots).

Overclock - 750/1100

This doesn't have too because it gave to me CTD on the last test and I couldn't get score. I don't know what problem is cause it. GPU temperature was normal, maybe the overclock was too much or just the program has crashed. Nevertheless, I didn't test again.

Like I said, I tested only in 3D Mark 11. With 750/1050 and 1363 graphic score, it surpass most the 6770M and almost catch up the 7690M XT. Personally, I'm very satisfied. 750/1050 seems stable enough. My GPU has DDR3 memory so I think if you have GDRR3-5, you will get more score and much more chance of overclocking.

I hope it will help a little. I will post when I test with other clock values. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day. smile.gif

This post has been edited by zenyxia: Feb 11 2013, 04:06 PM
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Feb 11 2013, 10:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zenyxia @ Feb 11 2013, 03:58 PM)
Hello again,

I finally managed to overclock my 7670M and I want to share results with you guys.

I'm not using any cooler and I was thinking to overclock after buy a good cooler but couldn't resist.  blush.gif  Btw, I only tested in 3D Mark 11 and not in games, GPU temperature didn't up to 62 degrees. I also disabled Intel Turbo Boost because like you guys said, it's causing too overheat. I lost some 300-400 Physics Score because of that. Like I care.  tongue.gif

Anyway, here the results:

Without overclock (600-900):

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5882623

Overclock - 700/1000:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5882627

Overclock - 750/1050 (most stable)

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5882631

Overclock - 780/1170

It doesn't have benchmark score because even on first test, there was already some black spots in the screen and I instantly alt+f4 to preventing any error (btw, my gpu hasn't damaged, has it? rolleyes.gif  I tried on some games with default clock and I don't get any black spots).

Overclock - 750/1100

This doesn't have too because it gave to me CTD on the last test and I couldn't get score. I don't know what problem is cause it. GPU temperature was normal, maybe the overclock was too much or just the program has crashed. Nevertheless, I didn't test again.

Like I said, I tested only in 3D Mark 11. With 750/1050 and 1363 graphic score, it surpass most the 6770M and almost catch up the 7690M XT. Personally, I'm very satisfied. 750/1050 seems stable enough. My GPU has DDR3 memory so I think if you have GDRR3-5, you will get more score and much more chance of overclocking.

I hope it will help a little. I will post when I test with other clock values. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day. smile.gif
wow ~ impressive smile.gif i think some laptop even though same gpu dun hav the same voltage :/ thts y u got the blackspot maybe ~ but anyway , congrats on overclocking ur gpu rclxms.gif

yes , if got the gddr5 vers. , i think latest game would be no problem even though upcoming crysis 3 tongue.gif

sure ~ u can share ur oc setup n thnx for sharing ur result smile.gif

soon im goin' to post the passmark result for gpu smile.gif
+Quote Post
arkz_xyxy
post Apr 23 2013, 08:05 PM

kalau disable kan dual grafik tu tak ke nnti die pakai grafik apu...6520G.
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Apr 23 2013, 09:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(arkz_xyxy @ Apr 23 2013, 08:05 PM)
kalau disable kan dual grafik tu tak ke nnti die pakai grafik apu...6520G.
yes bro ~ mmg die akan gne apu nyer grafik , KECUALI kat blah switchable graphic tu kita set high performance . klau kita set application tu ke " high performance " , graphic HD7670 will be used bro ~ kat switchable graphic ad 3 option : based on power source(6520G ) , power saving(6520G) , High performance( HD7670 )

Setup the right setting , U get the right performance . smile.gif
+Quote Post
arkz_xyxy
post Apr 23 2013, 10:56 PM

QUOTE(frostbiteengine @ Apr 23 2013, 09:15 PM)
yes bro ~ mmg die akan gne apu nyer grafik , KECUALI kat blah switchable graphic tu kita set high performance . klau kita set application tu ke " high performance " , graphic HD7670 will be used bro ~  kat switchable graphic ad 3 option : based on power source(6520G ) , power saving(6520G) , High performance( HD7670 )

Setup the right setting , U get the right performance .  smile.gif
ok trima kasih...
nice article btw.. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Apr 24 2013, 01:30 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(arkz_xyxy @ Apr 23 2013, 10:56 PM)
ok trima kasih...
nice article btw.. rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
thnx bro for support ~ biggrin.gif u can request to me some games to be benchmarked ~
+Quote Post
hazard_puppet
post May 2 2013, 09:45 PM

Casual

bro, my lappy now seems to get hot after playing games for sometimes, max reach 95 degree celcius, i dont even overclock mine yet...

mind to share some exp? what should i do? how to clean the inside(maybe too many dust)
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post May 3 2013, 01:30 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hazard_puppet @ May 2 2013, 09:45 PM)
bro, my lappy now seems to get hot after playing games for sometimes, max reach 95 degree celcius, i dont even overclock mine yet...

mind to share some exp? what should i do? how to clean the inside(maybe too many dust)
give me ur details on the temp ~ when idle and full load ~
+Quote Post
hazard_puppet
post May 3 2013, 08:34 AM

Casual

QUOTE(frostbiteengine @ May 3 2013, 01:30 AM)
give me ur details on the temp ~ when idle and full load ~
idle, +- 60 celcius

full load, +- 84 and above, max ive reach 94.5 rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post May 3 2013, 01:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hazard_puppet @ May 3 2013, 08:34 AM)
idle, +- 60 celcius

full load,  +- 84 and above, max ive reach 94.5  rclxub.gif
woa ~ thts kinda hot man ~ ok , heres the thing i wanna u to do .this will let the airflow get more inside the laptop . open the laptop cover at the bottom . the ram and the harddrive cover . then tell me back ur idle n full load temp ~
+Quote Post
hazard_puppet
post May 3 2013, 06:35 PM

Casual

QUOTE(frostbiteengine @ May 3 2013, 01:09 PM)
woa ~  thts kinda hot man ~  ok , heres the thing i wanna u to do  .this will let the airflow get more inside the laptop . open the laptop cover at the bottom . the ram and the harddrive cover .  then tell me back ur idle n full load temp ~
ok, done what u suggested, had some positive impact, but still need to do something, ill try to open up and see whats going on there rclxub.gif

new temp:

idle: 50+ degree celcius

full load: max 90, average 85+-

p.s: im having trouble disassembling this device, already took out all the screws, if u could guide me pls! notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by hazard_puppet: May 3 2013, 07:29 PM
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post May 3 2013, 09:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hazard_puppet @ May 3 2013, 06:35 PM)
ok, done what u suggested, had some positive impact, but still need to do something, ill try to open up and see whats going on there  rclxub.gif

new temp:

idle: 50+ degree celcius

full load: max 90, average 85+-
p.s: im having trouble disassembling this device, already took out all the screws, if u could guide me pls! notworthy.gif
even tough u already open all the screw under the laptop , u need 2 pry out the keyboard ~ watch the video below ~ after u pry the keyboard , u will find out there is another screw under the keyboard ~ unscrew it and u can open the inside ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLU_zn60mQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwr3vxSErs0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn6T7Vny0zc

the most accurate info on prying the keyboard
http://compfixusa.net/how-to-replace-keyboard-on-asus-k53e/

it seems different model ~ im not responsible for anything happen to your lappy ~ i recommend b4 u proceed , u take notes or draw on where the screw suppose to be and where cable shud be connect ~ take sum pix of ur lappy juz incase to know where it suppose to be arranged and connected

This post has been edited by frostbiteengine: May 3 2013, 09:04 PM
+Quote Post
hazard_puppet
post May 4 2013, 01:59 AM

Casual

bro thanx for the guide, but i already pry out my lappy b4 i actually read ur post..haha took me nearly 2 hours to figure it out tongue.gif

and now one extra screw left, dont know where to put it back rclxub.gif haha

but now temp seems good than b4, i just clean some dust on the fan

current temp:

idle: 47+-

full load: 87 max
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post May 4 2013, 09:50 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hazard_puppet @ May 4 2013, 01:59 AM)
bro thanx for the guide, but i already pry out my lappy b4 i actually read ur post..haha took me nearly 2 hours to figure it out  tongue.gif

and now  one extra screw left, dont know where to put it back  rclxub.gif  haha

but now temp seems good than b4, i just clean some dust on the fan

current temp:

idle: 47+-

full load: 87 max
wow ~ congratz biggrin.gif ~ anyway ~ what laptop cooler u use ?
+Quote Post
hazard_puppet
post May 4 2013, 12:21 PM

Casual

QUOTE(frostbiteengine @ May 4 2013, 09:50 AM)
wow ~ congratz biggrin.gif  ~ anyway ~ what laptop cooler u use ?
i just use some cheap one fan notebook cooling pad...

can u suggest me which one to buy for this lappy?and how much does it usually cost?
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post May 4 2013, 02:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hazard_puppet @ May 4 2013, 12:21 PM)
i just use some cheap one fan notebook cooling pad...

can u suggest me which one to buy for this lappy?and how much does it usually cost?
try 2 read back my post ~ i dun remember wht model of the cooler but it is cooler master ~ if u juz use the laptop for home usage , try to make ur own laptop cooler like i did smile.gif which is using psu and 120mm fan ( 5 fan i guess ) then watch youtube for assembling it thumbup.gif ~ the airflow is more stronger brows.gif it may sounds kinda crazy but worth for overclocking ~ brows.gif
+Quote Post
redbird1900
post May 28 2013, 02:45 PM

hello bro.I nak tau u gne fan n cooler jenama apa??n apa temp yg suitable tok normal n when gaming??
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post May 28 2013, 03:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(redbird1900 @ May 28 2013, 02:45 PM)
hello bro.I nak tau u gne fan n cooler jenama apa??n apa temp yg suitable tok normal n when gaming??
sye gne vapour cooling type custom cooler , buat sendiri ~ gne cooler master 120mm + xigmatek 120mm + cooler master 80mm + icute 120mm +icute 80mm + vapour cooling ( secret ) + any low watt power supply ( look in youtube on making it ) .

Klau xnak yg wat sendiri or yg ok nyer , try search cooler master laptop cooler yg moveable fan mcm cooler master notepal u3
http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail...notepal-u3.html

GPU OC + CPU OC AT MAX

suitable temp WITHOUT OC using made in china cooler ( depend on type of cooler ) :

idle : 44-50'c gaming : 60 - 85'c

suitable temp WHEN OC (MAX ) using made in china cooler :

idle : 51 - 60'c gaming : 65 - 90'c < try to go lower than 90'c

This post has been edited by frostbiteengine: May 28 2013, 03:05 PM
+Quote Post
arkz_xyxy
post Jun 5 2013, 11:32 PM

bro kalau nak bersih kan kipas tok lappy ni kene bukak keyboard eh?
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Jun 6 2013, 03:53 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(arkz_xyxy @ Jun 5 2013, 11:32 PM)
ha ah ~ cam biase arrr ~ bkk sume skru kat bwh laptop , then " pry " laptop nyer keyboard , then bkk 5 skru kat bwh keyboard tuh ~ biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
arkz_xyxy
post Jun 6 2013, 11:41 AM

QUOTE(frostbiteengine @ Jun 6 2013, 03:53 AM)
ha ah ~ cam biase arrr ~ bkk sume skru kat bwh laptop , then " pry " laptop nyer keyboard , then bkk 5 skru kat bwh keyboard tuh ~  biggrin.gif
adoi..ni yg lemah ni...thx. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Jun 6 2013, 08:32 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(arkz_xyxy @ Jun 6 2013, 11:41 AM)
adoi..ni yg lemah ni...thx.  sweat.gif
sure no prob bro ~haha ~ mmg leceh sket sweat.gif
+Quote Post
2kool2btrue
post Nov 28 2013, 05:29 PM

About SATA 3.
Is it possible to flash the Asus K43TA modded BIOS on the K53TK to enable SATA 3? (Its available on another forum) Both are essentially the same laptops. The only difference is that K43TA/K53TA has 6750m whereas K53TK has 7670m. Or has anyone else enabled SATA 3 on their K53TK alternatively?
Would anyone please comment?

TIA!
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Nov 30 2013, 10:37 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(2kool2btrue @ Nov 28 2013, 05:29 PM)
About SATA 3.
Is it possible to flash the Asus K43TA modded BIOS on the K53TK to enable SATA 3? (Its available on another forum) Both are essentially the same laptops. The only difference is that K43TA/K53TA has 6750m whereas K53TK has 7670m. Or has anyone else enabled SATA 3 on their K53TK alternatively?
Would anyone please comment?

TIA!
i haven't try tht yet ~ but i wouldn't recommend to do tht ~ since some laptop have different inner chipset and build ~ if you would take the risk , sure can try but things need to consider : success or fail ~ worth a try ~ better u do some survey first ~ try ask the forum moderator for its compability ~ gud luck thumbup.gif

if it success , you can share here smile.gif thnx !
+Quote Post
XeMoAsLaM91
post Dec 1 2013, 01:00 AM

I ❤ BooBs
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(arkz_xyxy @ Jun 5 2013, 11:32 PM)
yup kena buka. baru boleh bersih betul2
+Quote Post
arcueesz
post Dec 27 2013, 12:53 PM

post ni mmng terbaik!
+Quote Post
AMIR1981
post Dec 29 2013, 09:10 PM

As Salam TT,

Nak tanya AMD A10 5757M bley follow step OC ni x?
Cam menarik up to 3.5Ghz OC. blush.gif
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Dec 30 2013, 06:46 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AMIR1981 @ Dec 29 2013, 09:10 PM)
As Salam TT,

Nak tanya AMD A10 5757M bley follow step OC ni x?
  Cam menarik up to 3.5Ghz OC.  blush.gif
bleh bro ~ sbb method ni for amd APU laptop user smile.gif pmed u bro for detail n recommendation ~ thnx for view my post ~ laugh.gif
+Quote Post
adswikacika
post Dec 30 2013, 02:33 PM

Hello, In page 1 you say that you can adjust the speed of your fan laptop to 100%, can you tell me how you do that?because when i follow your instruction with msi afterburner, the configuration setting didn't appear to control the fan speed, i read in the other link in internet and i still can't make it. Thanks
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Dec 30 2013, 04:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(arcueesz @ Dec 27 2013, 12:53 PM)
post ni mmng terbaik!
tq bro biggrin.gif haha ~ malaysia boleh ~
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Dec 30 2013, 04:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(adswikacika @ Dec 30 2013, 02:33 PM)
Hello, In page 1 you say that you can adjust the speed of your fan laptop to 100%, can you tell me how you do that?because when i follow your instruction with msi afterburner, the configuration setting didn't appear to control the fan speed, i read in the other link in internet and i still can't make it. Thanks
u mean the one i juz mark with arrow ? the fan speed slider ? have you try to click the auto button ? becuz if u disable the " auto " fan speed setting , u can adjust the slider ~ consider to share with me sum screenshot of urs ? it might help me to understand the conflict more smile.gif thnx

user posted image
+Quote Post
qbm1
post Apr 12 2014, 04:45 AM

Try using dxtory to limit your frame rate to 31 then it should give you better performance across the board. I've been able to take my settings all from medium to high in titanfall just by using this and it runs so smooth. Miles better than not using it. Hope this helps you all
+Quote Post
frostbiteengine
post Apr 14 2014, 12:17 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(qbm1 @ Apr 12 2014, 04:45 AM)
Try using dxtory to limit your frame rate to 31 then it should give you better performance across the board. I've been able to take my settings all from medium to high in titanfall just by using this and it runs so smooth. Miles better than not using it. Hope this helps you all
thnx for extra infos smile.gif glad to know ~ will try back ~
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0999sec    1.71    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:40 AM