Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

News Y500FHD i7,GT750@2999/SLI@3899;Y400 GT750@2499 V1, Thread closed & continue to V2 ^^

views

efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 10:10 AM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(genecor @ Mar 2 2013, 04:06 PM)
A user on another forum mentioned these drawbacks on y400 and seemed to discourage from buying it. No sure if its a US grey import unit or local set. But the user brought up some points including:

- touchpad issues
this is a known issue on some models so I'm not surprised

- Wifi card can only connect to B/G and not N
- WIFI drops connection anytime it wants. you have to reboot whole system to get it working and trust me the reboot is freaking slow.

It would be surprising that the Y400/500 doesn't support 802.11n. Anyone able to dispel this? However I think some users on this forum also have mentioned about the WIFI performance and some other have suggested that it could be the Internet Security/Antivirus issue thats affecting the WIFI (specifically the bundled McAfee Antivirus)

- Practically no support from Lenovo No automatic driver updater etc.
Is this true?

- USB 3.0 only at 1/2 speed (must do alot of things to finally enable it)
- USB always-on port doesn't work as advertised and on the go. (again must jump through alot of hoops to get it working)

Has anyone encountered this as well?
seriously..!!??
any Y400 owner can clarify these issues?? pleaseee~
i'm thinking to buy Y400 this month rclxub.gif
efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 10:27 AM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(wavezard @ Mar 3 2013, 10:23 AM)
yea...plss clarify this..if yes...find next target..
@[efariz] where u buy your y400? the one that u pm me?that is US Set...
oh, no..since many users said US set got problem with warranty, i don't want to take a risk..planning to buy from hikari85 coz i want to bundle with removable fan too smile.gif
efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 10:35 AM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(wavezard @ Mar 3 2013, 10:32 AM)
buy online right? as hikari at penang
yes, buy online..i'm not worried since hikari85 is a reputable seller here thumbup.gif
he offer me rm2699 with 8gb 1600mhz RAM (free additional 4gb)..also i can't find any seller that sell Y400 Ultrabay fan except hikari85 smile.gif
efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 11:48 AM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(wilsonphua @ Mar 3 2013, 11:31 AM)
I'm a Lenovo Y400 user..its performing well until now...Malaysia set i guess, not US

but windows 8 kinda annoying like fck....windows 7 a hell lot better.
so, Malaysia set does not encounter any of those problem?
can you explain which/what is annoying about windows 8 (from your opinion)
efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 12:33 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(androidfans @ Mar 3 2013, 12:28 PM)
Wowo, really that price?  any hidden charged?  price for ram is damn high now  rclxub.gif
yup, true..you can ask seller for new promotion..search for hikari85..but hikari85 stayed at penang, so only can deal through postage smile.gif
efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 12:45 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(wavezard @ Mar 3 2013, 12:42 PM)
yup..this is her/him t&c

Term & Condition:
- Self-Collect are available. Full amount is required for the Self-Collect method. 100% from the total amount.
- For buyers who have chosen to receive their ordered item(s) via postage are needed to pay us the full amount before their ordered item(s) are delivered. The respective customers can either choose for courier services, postage costs are paid by the buyers.
- Postage method is been take risk from the buyer. We wont be responsible on it.
- Please allow me 2~4 working days to do all the purchasing arrangements, however sometimes it depends on the stock availability.
- We are registered company but we do not own a shop at this moment. Normally we will online by everyday.

read the number three
yup..all postage will be buyer risk..i don't know how to overcome it..huhu..maybe better to COD with seller..but Penang is too far from my place (Selangor) rclxub.gif
efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 12:55 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(wavezard @ Mar 3 2013, 12:48 PM)
ask her to use GD EX...but bare la the cost...GDex is expensive u know..........if u live in village are..better poslaju
GDex? oh..i'll discuss with her..my location is at seksyen 7 shah alam..i'm planning to use courier service that can set time for pickup/delivery coz i'm a student & will not be at home all day..
efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 01:01 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(wavezard @ Mar 3 2013, 12:59 PM)
if use poslaju.....they will throw sini, throw sana barang.....if GDex i dont know but many office that want to sent valueable item will use this......
oh, i see..okay..i will consider it..thanks for your suggestion notworthy.gif
efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 02:57 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(wavezard @ Mar 3 2013, 01:02 PM)
but the postage can get up to rm100+
wow! ok, thats expensive sweat.gif
efariz
post Mar 3 2013, 04:05 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(wilsonphua @ Mar 3 2013, 03:44 PM)
Not sure about the Malaysia set actually. Cause I bought mine in Malaysia and I assume it as Malaysia set, so far no problems  rolleyes.gif

Windows 8 is really annoying for me. But then, I'd start off with some of the advantages of Windows 8, at least for me. It boots up pretty fast, around 10 seconds or less, even without an SSD. Windows 7 starts up takes like 1 minute. Windows 8 is beautiful, the apps in the apps stores are amazing, especially the games and social networking apps. The security is powerful, blocks all incoming files or virus from pendrive or hard disk.

But it's annoying most of the time. Dont have the start button, maybe cause im get used to the start button. When i hover my mouse to the left corner of my desktop and i click it, instead of Start button, we will navigate away to the apps User Interface shortcut in Windows 8. Shutting down is a pain in the arse, either hover the mouse to the right corner and let the user bar appear and click options -> settings -> power -> shut down, or alt-f4. When playing online games, especially HoN or Dota 2, we tend to use lots of the hotkeys, especially "alt". I always mistaken "alt" button with the "Windows 8" logo button..when i click the W8 logo, it will go to the apps shortcut page, and i press again, sometimes it might just go to desktop...wasted few seconds there, when i open back my game, i die already.
oh..true! i agreed about no-start button thingy..because in Windows 7 i tend to use start button to lunch software/apps..i tried windows 8, but feels awkward with left scroll, Metro UI and power button location.. doh.gif doh.gif
efariz
post Apr 7 2013, 10:32 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

I hope Y400 with GT750M will be available on next PIKOM PC Fair at KLCC (12-14 April)..
efariz
post Apr 9 2013, 07:09 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(ssxcool @ Apr 9 2013, 06:38 PM)
lenovo US has started selling y400 and y500 with gt 750m
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/control...8E490358F8CA8C3
oh my~~ i have been wait for too long for Y400! drool.gif
hopefully Y400 with GT750M will be on sell at PIKOM PC Fair KLL this weekend rclxm9.gif
efariz
post Apr 11 2013, 07:19 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

I'm hoping for Y400/GT750M sad.gif sad.gif
efariz
post Apr 11 2013, 09:38 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(ytlay @ Apr 11 2013, 09:27 PM)
Why not you wait for the upcoming Y400/GT750m with better performance than GTX660m  biggrin.gif . Its coming around 1-2 weeks according to resellers.  brows.gif
LOL..have to wait 1-2 weeks more? adoyyaaiiiii~~~ sweat.gif sweat.gif
efariz
post Apr 16 2013, 06:03 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(mafiosojdm @ Apr 16 2013, 05:57 PM)
You would wanna check out this, which pretty much owned brows.gif  V3-571G-736b8G1T with a GT750M.
IdeaPad Y500 Laptop - Dual Graphics - 59371963 - Dusk Black

Lenovo have release the dual Nvidia GT750m (SLI version, Nvidia GT 750m + Nvidia GT 750m) icon_idea.gif

I already place an order for mine  rclxm9.gif  cant wait to get mine on hand now
where u order from? US or local?
efariz
post Apr 16 2013, 06:39 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(mafiosojdm @ Apr 16 2013, 06:11 PM)
I place an order from US, since their specs is higher than here
such different as below

Malaysia spec  cry.gif    GT 650M SLI  /  500GB HDD  /  4GB RAM         

US spec  rclxms.gif            GT 750M SLI  /  1 TB HDD + 16 GB SSD  /  16GB RAM
isn't it obvious? besides that I went to PIKOM PC fair 14 April 2013, Lenovo Malaysia selling Y500 at RRP, while the US having a discount USD 289 rclxm9.gif

PS : My sis is coming back from there though so, I have no trouble with the shipping
yup..agreed..Malaysia set don't have SSD and the RAM is only 4GB (without free upgrade)..too bad..but the price also a bit expensive than US set..

so, how about warranty?? sweat.gif
efariz
post Apr 16 2013, 06:47 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(mafiosojdm @ Apr 16 2013, 06:42 PM)
Yeah, well but Lenovo Malaysia really no discount... event on PC fair  dry.gif
They told me RM 3,799 for an old model 650M SLI so disapointed, while AP agent sell US spec 650m (incld ssd + higher ram + high hdd) at RM 3,299 hmm.gif

I was putting a very high hope on PC fair, but I end up go back with nothing  doh.gif

I think for 750m SLI local Malaysia set will cost over 4K or very near to 4K ( 3,999  blush.gif )
me too..i was sooo disappointing when Lenovo didn't do any promotion & discount for most of their notebook range..they still sell it using RRP..

SOOO FRUSTRATING! they should use the PC Fair platform to promo their product, at least give some price reduction, not sell using RRP mad.gif
efariz
post Apr 16 2013, 06:49 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(mafiosojdm @ Apr 16 2013, 06:44 PM)
The Y500 came with 1 year International warranty. I am at least not so scare compare get 1 from AP agent, because I will have the original receipt from US.

PS: *touchwood  notworthy.gif  we ofcuz will pray hard that nothing is happen though we have the warranty
soo, Lenovo malaysia still accept international warranty even if it is US Set?? as long as got official receipt from Lenovo right?? drool.gif
efariz
post Apr 16 2013, 06:56 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(-kytz- @ Apr 16 2013, 06:51 PM)
Price should be very gooding also bro, should be close to RM4k or so (RRP of Y500 is RM3799). The Acer goes for RM2799 smile.gif
You guys first time going to PC FAIR ah? Most if not all laptops there sell at RRP. The "promotion" you get is some freebies or extended warranty usually doh.gif sweat.gif
not first time laa..i have been to few PC Fair all around KL/Selangor..but quite disappointing coz no discount what-so-ever..if not mistaken there are few other brand selling their notebook with discount (less that RRP) like MSI (if not mistaken laa) wink.gif

if got '20 free items' freebies, no thanks la..coz its just a waste freebies, we can get it for less than rm50..just my opinion biggrin.gif
efariz
post Apr 16 2013, 07:10 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(-kytz- @ Apr 16 2013, 07:04 PM)
I've been going to PC Fairs, IT Fairs, etc for many times already and 99% if not 100%, the laptops are usually sold at RRP + some freebies and extended warranty as such. If you want cheaper price, you have to go to your local shops or maybe Lowyat Plaza/Digital Mall.

Honestly speaking, I just go to those fairs for the "experience" lah, see see and try try stuff on display and sometimes there are good deals for certain accessories, like the Eneloop rechargeable batteries during the last fair brows.gif brows.gif
haha..yup yup..can't agreed no more with u( means i'm totally agreed!) tongue.gif
i also go to PC Fair just to jalan-jalan & cuci mata..from my opinion, PC Fair is just the place to clear old stock/version (to make way fot new stock/version)..

maybe just for small accessories or staff got promotion & discount..1 thing i realized from this PC Fair is massive flooded of POWER BANK!! (sorry for my bad English) hahaha..almost all booth that sell small accesories got Power Bank..we can get it as low as rm30 (of coz not original one) but it's quite a risk doh.gif

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0464sec    0.52    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:53 PM