Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
126 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games All Things Gran Turismo™ | V10, GT SPORT - Update 1.32 is LiVE!

views

Invince_Z
post Sep 4 2012, 09:41 AM

!M4 !3eY0nC! 1337!!!!
2,747 posts

QUOTE(evoHahn @ Sep 4 2012, 12:23 AM)
i dont get the hate for the loading time. i think its ok because of the cars polygon counts plus you dont get the horizon draw like title of yesteryear. and ps3 hardware is not cutting edge anymore... ps3 is now like 4-5 years old?

for the online content loading time is not the game fault, you gotta look at the internet infra here. and blame piracy also since those online exclusive contents are there to entice people to buy ori games.

lastly gt5 dont have dedicated friends system ( i think all ps3 games are the same), i think they just piggyback psn friend system

in other news, finally tried 370z race event. damn hard, just managed 2nd place so far. found a good setup over at gtplanet. probably i tried again tomolo

it's freaking damn long, mostly due to online info check and pull. everytime we choose and change menu, GT5 check and pull info from server. without net connection, everything load considerably fast. all those gfx and textures load fast, and acceptable..but not the stuff related to online interaction.

for example, Main Menu > GT Mode, took me 3-5 minutes depending on net connection, and it occurs everytime we load GT Mode...same goes to GT Mode > Main Menu. without net, it's insta load.ffs idk why GT5 was designed to load data from server everytime menu change when they could just save those data and load them from hdd...saves huge load time. then as for update, it should be designed as background process which check and pull data periodically.

if i load GT5, it took me 15-20 minutes just to get into GT mode...then add another 3-5 minutes to get into seasonal event and race. as for online play..i just give up on it. not worth the wait.

it's the way GT5 designed which causes this, it wasn't optimized imo

This post has been edited by Invince_Z: Sep 4 2012, 09:45 AM
TSevoHahn
post Sep 4 2012, 10:08 AM

Mika !
1,711 posts

QUOTE(hewtwok @ Sep 4 2012, 09:21 AM)
ya the tuned 370z has a tendency to understeer on entry and oversteer on exit biggrin.gif
I found a near perfect setup at gtplanet, just i need to readjust the gearing.

Added on September 4, 2012, 10:12 am
QUOTE(Invince_Z @ Sep 4 2012, 09:41 AM)

for example, Main Menu > GT Mode, took me 3-5 minutes depending on net connection, and it occurs everytime we load GT Mode...same goes to GT Mode > Main Menu. without net, it's insta load.ffs idk why GT5 was designed to load data from server everytime menu change when they could just save those data and load them from hdd...saves huge load time. then as for update, it should be designed as background process which check and pull data periodically.

if i load GT5, it took me 15-20 minutes just to get into GT mode...then add another 3-5 minutes to get into seasonal event and race. as for online play..i just give up on it. not worth the wait.

like i said, the online feature is to entice people to buy ori. Why buy ori if i can download all the seasonal events and play offline. Its not the developer fault imho, its just the net connection over here that sucks. For me its like 3-5 minutes to log in to GT mode, then its like 30 seconds max to load seasonal events.

This post has been edited by evoHahn: Sep 4 2012, 10:12 AM
Invince_Z
post Sep 4 2012, 12:34 PM

!M4 !3eY0nC! 1337!!!!
2,747 posts

QUOTE(evoHahn @ Sep 4 2012, 10:08 AM)
like i said, the online feature is to entice people to buy ori. Why buy ori if i can download all the seasonal events and play offline. Its not the developer fault imho, its just the net connection over here that sucks. For me its like 3-5 minutes to log in to GT mode, then its like 30 seconds max to load seasonal events.

it ain't good when GT5 load unnecessary things over and over again, which kills the fun cuz we have to wait every single time it did. for example, with net connection GT5 pull n load friends data, our online data, check for daily bonus, etc...and this occur every single time we enter GT Mode menu. From UCS > GT Mode menu, check, load n check, from OCS > GT Mode menu, check, load n check, Seasonal Events > GT Mode menu, check, load n check...i'm saying it is unnecessary to check n load the same thing every single time menu change. there's no point doing that when they can simply store everything on hdd which would be a great help in loading contents.

speaking of online feature, why cant we have temporary files created on 1st load instead of pulling and loading everytime we we use it? say, i go into Seasonal Events. 1st time enter, GT5 pull and load stuff. I pick an event, race couple times, then out to GT Mode. After done doing what I'm supposed to, I go into Seasonal Events once more. This time using previously cached data GT5 load Seasonal Events...instead of check, pull, load and check everything again (as of now). that wasn't include erros

then there's another way to reduce load time. if its online data, let it local data load 1st, then have online data load later in background. this way, users could do interact with local stuff while waiting for online stuff to load. then if users choose another local content, the online data pull will continue in background without interrupting local contents and user exp.

you see, this was't a matter of fighting piracy and to entice peoples buying originals....this just show GT5 wasn't optimized and designed properly. imo...based on my exp, their game database and its structure wasn't properly planned n linked. messy database affect load time...long load kills the joy sad.gif

This post has been edited by Invince_Z: Sep 4 2012, 12:39 PM
hewtwok
post Sep 4 2012, 01:55 PM

On my way
590 posts

QUOTE(Invince_Z @ Sep 4 2012, 12:34 PM)
it ain't good when GT5 load unnecessary things over and over again, which kills the fun cuz we have to wait every single time it did. for example, with net connection GT5 pull n load friends data, our online data, check for daily bonus, etc...and this occur every single time we enter GT Mode menu. From UCS > GT Mode menu, check, load n check, from OCS > GT Mode menu, check, load n check, Seasonal Events > GT Mode menu, check, load n check...i'm saying it is unnecessary to check n load the same thing every single time menu change. there's no point doing that when they can simply store everything on hdd which would be a great help in loading contents.

speaking of online feature, why cant we have temporary files created on 1st load instead of pulling and loading everytime we we use it? say, i go into Seasonal Events. 1st time enter, GT5 pull and load stuff. I pick an event, race couple times, then out to GT Mode. After done doing what I'm supposed to, I go into Seasonal Events once more. This time using previously cached data GT5 load Seasonal Events...instead of check, pull, load and check everything again (as of now). that wasn't include erros

then there's another way to reduce load time. if its online data, let it local data load 1st, then have online data load later in background. this way, users could do interact with local stuff while waiting for online stuff to load. then if users choose another local content, the online data pull will continue in background without interrupting local contents and user exp.

you see, this was't a matter of fighting piracy and to entice peoples buying originals....this just show GT5 wasn't optimized and designed properly. imo...based on my exp, their game database and its structure wasn't properly planned n linked. messy database affect load time...long load kills the joy sad.gif
that's how kazunori and team does it...japanese style i guess...

i agree is annoying the loading and how menu access/link.
i remember those early days after u finish one seasonal event, then u will be out to GT Life screen. To play next seasonal event, u got to go back in and the game access server...again doh.gif thank god they fixed this

dont u ever wish u had drop down menus like in windows brows.gif
TSevoHahn
post Sep 4 2012, 02:27 PM

Mika !
1,711 posts

QUOTE(Invince_Z @ Sep 4 2012, 12:34 PM)

it is there. its call cached data = temporary files data (in the option menu you can delete old cached files). You see, when you click the seasonal event, the game connect to the server, get the latest data, cached it and displayed it to you. so when you exit and click the seasonal again, the game repeat the process. All online game have this loading time 'problem'. Have you tried FIFA on PS3?

This post has been edited by evoHahn: Sep 4 2012, 02:28 PM
cute_boboi
post Sep 4 2012, 02:55 PM

° 忍 °
6,415 posts

QUOTE(evoHahn @ Sep 4 2012, 12:23 AM)
in other news, finally tried 370z race event. damn hard, just managed 2nd place so far. found a good setup over at gtplanet. probably i tried again tomolo
LOL laugh.gif Another challenge. 12 cars is do-able even without perfect lap.

I need tips for the TT using DS3. I saw how the #1 fler do 7:21, but he is using wheel.
And I can't drive if TC=Off.

Last night I tried TC=3, better control, but slower speed already. 7:55 only. yawn.gif

I guess a perfect lap & TC=1 may do-able for me, maybe hitting 7:47.xxx
Need to keep trying before 9-Sep sweat.gif

QUOTE(Invince_Z @ Sep 4 2012, 09:41 AM)

it's the way GT5 designed which causes this, it wasn't optimized imo
Yours is slow load. What you say is true, if PSN online, it loads slower into GT mode.
What I do is, do not auto online PSN.
Loading click No to login
On the menu, click No to login
Then click GT mode and login

My loading takes about 5 minutes into GT mode.
Loading seasonal screen is faster, like <30 seconds.
Using tmnUt sCreamyx 1Mb package, of course no other downloading/torrent/sharing.

QUOTE(evoHahn @ Sep 4 2012, 10:08 AM)
I found a near perfect setup at gtplanet, just i need to readjust the gearing.
Can share settings ? icon_rolleyes.gif

TSevoHahn
post Sep 4 2012, 03:10 PM

Mika !
1,711 posts

Just go to gtplanet forum >> GT5 >> Seasonal events. There's a thread there and some gtplanet forumer shares their DS3 setup as well.

I havent started the TT yet, but my time on the race event is 7.34. need to find two seconds so that i can pass the first car.
cute_boboi
post Sep 4 2012, 03:42 PM

° 忍 °
6,415 posts

QUOTE(evoHahn @ Sep 4 2012, 03:10 PM)
Just go to gtplanet forum >> GT5 >> Seasonal events. There's a thread there and some gtplanet forumer shares their DS3 setup as well.

I havent started the TT yet, but my time on the race event is 7.34. need to find two seconds so that i can pass the first car.
Ok, thanks. My time is also about there, 7:32-7:38
Then TT is lower down to 513pp, which slows down a lot.

After this, can try the seasonal a-spec for Lambo 550pp, also Nurb ring. Very difficult also. sweat.gif

Invince_Z
post Sep 4 2012, 05:34 PM

!M4 !3eY0nC! 1337!!!!
2,747 posts

QUOTE(hewtwok @ Sep 4 2012, 01:55 PM)
that's how kazunori and team does it...japanese style i guess...

i agree is annoying the loading and how menu access/link.
i remember those early days after u finish one seasonal event, then u will be out to GT Life screen. To play next seasonal event, u got to go back in and the game access server...again doh.gif thank god they fixed this

dont u ever wish u had drop down menus like in windows brows.gif
i miss those days GT2 load in no time.

QUOTE(evoHahn @ Sep 4 2012, 02:27 PM)
it is there. its call cached data = temporary files data (in the option menu you can delete old cached files). You see, when you click the seasonal event, the game connect to the server, get the latest data, cached it and displayed it to you. so when you exit and click the seasonal again, the game repeat the process. All online game have this loading time 'problem'. Have you tried FIFA on PS3?
checked...felt there's no use to it. i dunno what data GT5 cached, sure it wasn't the frequently check, pull n load data.

if it check and cache Seasonal Events data, why do it need to repeat the process everytime we in and out of Seasonal Events? it's failed game design man. GT5 should cache and check periodically, everytime just too much...plus it add burden on GT5 server load

QUOTE(cute_boboi @ Sep 4 2012, 02:55 PM)
Yours is slow load. What you say is true, if PSN online, it loads slower into GT mode.
What I do is, do not auto online PSN.
Loading click No to login
On the menu, click No to login
Then click GT mode and login

My loading takes about 5 minutes into GT mode.
Loading seasonal screen is faster, like <30 seconds.
Using tmnUt sCreamyx 1Mb package, of course no other downloading/torrent/sharing.
yeah...log out of PSN seems the better option. the load time very noticeably fast
hewtwok
post Sep 5 2012, 09:25 AM

On my way
590 posts

this is nice

http://www.gtplanet.net/silverstone-circui...turismo-series/

Added on September 5, 2012, 11:25 pmfinally golded the 370z tuned event.
gtplanet tuning dont work for me.
how the heck they did 7min 20 sec tongue.gif
i barely manage 7min 46sec

This post has been edited by hewtwok: Sep 5 2012, 11:25 PM
mizimizi
post Sep 6 2012, 10:52 AM

1 posts

dapat dah hadiah dari sony..gt5 signed by kz,terbaik..thx to jylee n all coz tell me about this..
cute_boboi
post Sep 6 2012, 12:35 PM

° 忍 °
6,415 posts

QUOTE(hewtwok @ Sep 5 2012, 09:25 AM)
finally golded the 370z tuned event.
gtplanet tuning dont work for me.
how the heck they did 7min 20 sec tongue.gif
i barely manage 7min 46sec
Can share your setup ?

I tried GT Planet, but the car seems to slide easily, I try re-tweak to my own.
So far still 7:55.

If on dirty lap (out of line once only doh.gif ) I can get 7:52.x (silver)

QUOTE(mizimizi @ Sep 6 2012, 10:52 AM)
dapat dah hadiah dari sony..gt5 signed by kz,terbaik..thx to jylee n all coz tell me about this..
Congrats rclxms.gif

Silenced
post Sep 6 2012, 07:05 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(mizimizi @ Sep 6 2012, 10:52 AM)
still hasn't got mine...lol

what courier did they use to post it?
mizimizi
post Sep 6 2012, 09:07 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Silenced @ Sep 6 2012, 08:05 PM)
still hasn't got mine...lol

what courier did they use to post it?

courier HONG KONG POST via airmail
Silenced
post Sep 7 2012, 12:33 PM

Casual