Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

155 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kia Optima K5 Owners/Fans Thread V3, www.myK5club.com

zapirwin
post Aug 14 2012, 09:18 PM

Group: Junior Member

Huh??? What happened to the old v3 thread?
daretodrift
post Aug 14 2012, 09:28 PM

Group: Newbie

I think admini should close this thread n open thread v4 again..here comes another fighting topic again, sien la...kaw kan yu again
cybermaster98
post Aug 14 2012, 09:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(stairz @ Aug 14 2012, 05:37 PM)
have a good sleep tonight, and do spend some time to re-read your statement above about:
1) how threatened ppl are (specifically) by the K5.. really?
2) and that is "goes to show that (specifically) K5 is really giving the Japs a run for their money".. seriously?

and are you referring to me as the thread hijacker or those before?
hey, those fellas are even discussing about honda city cvt technicalities in the inspira thread and no one gives a rat's a** about it.. nor, if you do have the time, read through & see if anyone has made any claim about how 'threatened' other drivers are, may it be Inspira, Preve or what not.. geeeez bro

and a note to all K5-ers.. hey, the car is at no fault at all.. it's a lovely designed car.. but for anyone to come out and say it's the 'best', whoooah, calm down mate.. but ahead of its class? heck, why not? which class, they didnt say.. to each his/her own  blush.gif
smile.gif
I think its YOU who needs to do some reading. Ahead of Its Class was not our words silly. Its the caption for the car. Ask Kia Korea that question and maybe they'll be able to give u an answer.

And no the K5 is not perfect and it surely isnt the best d segment out there but Kia has come a long way and its partly because of the Koreans that everybody is getting more affordable cars with better spces these days. Its all about competition and we the end user stands to gain regardless of the car we drive. None of us have ever claimed its the best car and so kindly refrain from such assumptions.

Ure free to pass comments (good or otherwise) about the Optima in this thread and we welcome mature discussions. Just ensure its mature. Maybe we'll even get to meet up over coffee some day.

Cheers!

This post has been edited by cybermaster98: Aug 14 2012, 09:33 PM
stairz
post Aug 14 2012, 10:38 PM

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Aug 14 2012, 09:30 PM)
I think its YOU who needs to do some reading. Ahead of Its Class was not our words silly. Its the caption for the car. Ask Kia Korea that question and maybe they'll be able to give u an answer.

And no the K5 is not perfect and it surely isnt the best d segment out there but Kia has come a long way and its partly because of the Koreans that everybody is getting more affordable cars with better spces these days. Its all about competition and we the end user stands to gain regardless of the car we drive. None of us have ever claimed its the best car and so kindly refrain from such assumptions.

Ure free to pass comments (good or otherwise) about the Optima in this thread and we welcome mature discussions. Just ensure its mature. Maybe we'll even get to meet up over coffee some day.

Cheers!
lai lai.. come we go yum cha..
u've got a place to recommend?
else i'd suggest jalan kuchai lama.. exact place, i'll let u know later.. ini special punya tempat.. tongue.gif
all this petty squable also not good for health.. after raya can?
first round minum is on me biggrin.gif
and no, this is not a fighting topic.. we barely even started, lol
Dagashi
post Aug 14 2012, 11:53 PM

Casual

ah so sad my 4 days old car...the dye from the cloth dripped a small blue dot.then with the same cloth+ethanol and some rubbing.it became this.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
edw666
post Aug 14 2012, 11:58 PM

QUOTE(Dagashi @ Aug 14 2012, 11:53 PM)
ah so sad my 4 days old car...the dye from the cloth dripped a small blue dot.then with the same cloth+ethanol and some rubbing.it became this.
howcome cant remove the stain? you didnt wax or do coating for your car?

Added on August 14, 2012, 11:59 pm
QUOTE(edw666 @ Aug 14 2012, 11:58 PM)
howcome cant remove the stain? you didnt wax or do coating for your car?
try send for polish? hopefully can help

This post has been edited by edw666: Aug 14 2012, 11:59 PM
bUGG
post Aug 15 2012, 12:13 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Dagashi @ Aug 14 2012, 11:53 PM)
I had this problem before. Because I send for Sierra Glow before, so I went back to him, wash and recoat... back to normal. Not to worry bro.
Dagashi
post Aug 15 2012, 12:25 AM

Casual

oh. shop business quite busy prior to raya. so i scheduled my car to after raya.

but will get the staff to polish it tmw.hopefully no need to do wet sanding.
cybermaster98
post Aug 15 2012, 08:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(stairz @ Aug 14 2012, 10:38 PM)
lai lai.. come we go yum cha..
u've got a place to recommend?
else i'd suggest jalan kuchai lama.. exact place, i'll let u know later.. ini special punya tempat.. tongue.gif
all this petty squable also not good for health.. after raya can?
first round minum is on me biggrin.gif
and no, this is not a fighting topic.. we barely even started, lol
Yes no problem. nearer a bit la..maybe Damansara Uptown area or TTDI.... btw what car do you drive? Harmless question.
cybermaster98
post Aug 15 2012, 08:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(bUGG @ Aug 15 2012, 12:13 AM)
I had this problem before. Because I send for Sierra Glow before, so I went back to him, wash and recoat... back to normal. Not to worry bro.
Is it just me or does the Sierra Glow coating look a bit faded as compared to the first time i did it in early May? How bout your car? Plus it doesnt have the smooth surface anymore. Is this normal u think?
stairz
post Aug 15 2012, 09:01 AM

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Aug 15 2012, 08:44 AM)
Yes no problem. nearer a bit la..maybe Damansara Uptown area or TTDI.... btw what car do you drive? Harmless question.
uptown oso ngam.. got that nice Teluk Intan tau fu fah (or is is yong tau fu, i keep mixing 'em up)
but seriously, we should go to this place.. will worth every penny spent
well, i can drive all sorts of cars, as long as it's 4 wheeled.. haha
I drive a Proton Inspira, just got it early this year.. was waiting for Preve though.. just that time didnt permit back then

SG wise, i thought they provide free touch-ups, for like what, 3 years or something?
bUGG
post Aug 15 2012, 09:06 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Aug 15 2012, 08:45 AM)
Is it just me or does the Sierra Glow coating look a bit faded as compared to the first time i did it in early May? How bout your car? Plus it doesnt have the smooth surface anymore. Is this normal u think?
Yes, is not smooth anymore. Anyway, washing the car is still as easy. like how u feel, I thought this Sierra Glow didn't really work. But last week I didn't wash my white color K5 for over a week, as u know, how bad it will look on a white color car. When I start spraying water, most of the dirt came off easily.

I did my Sierra Glow first day i got my car and is 1.5 months old now, meter has clock over 5000km, I drove to Kuantan and Melaka. I dunno is't me only, I don't really see any stone chip on my front bumper and side mirror. Because of Sierra Glow? Maybe my car is still new. How about yours?
cybermaster98
post Aug 15 2012, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(stairz @ Aug 15 2012, 09:01 AM)
uptown oso ngam.. got that nice Teluk Intan tau fu fah (or is is yong tau fu, i keep mixing 'em up)
but seriously, we should go to this place.. will worth every penny spent
well, i can drive all sorts of cars, as long as it's 4 wheeled.. haha
I drive a Proton Inspira, just got it early this year.. was waiting for Preve though.. just that time didnt permit back then

SG wise, i thought they provide free touch-ups, for like what, 3 years or something?
OK no problem. Maybe i should give Mr Choong a call then to check. Did u do a SG for your Inspira as well?
alanang
post Aug 15 2012, 09:09 AM

Besides Sierra Glow, is there any other alternative?
I'm thinking of doing it for my K5 but then I was just looking for other alternative if available.

This post has been edited by alanang: Aug 15 2012, 09:09 AM
cybermaster98
post Aug 15 2012, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(bUGG @ Aug 15 2012, 09:06 AM)
Yes, is not smooth anymore. Anyway, washing the car is still as easy. like how u feel, I thought this Sierra Glow didn't really work. But last week I didn't wash my white color K5 for over a week, as u know, how bad it will look on a white color car. When I start spraying water, most of the dirt came off easily.

I did my Sierra Glow first day i got my car and is 1.5 months old now, meter has clock over 5000km, I drove to Kuantan and Melaka. I dunno is't me only, I don't really see any stone chip on my front bumper and side mirror. Because of Sierra Glow? Maybe my car is still new. How about yours?
Well my i got my car end April and did my Sierra Glow early May. My car has clocked 10,000km now. About to go for 2nd service this week.

Yes washing and cleaning is very easy and dirt doesnt stick. My color is silver and sometimes i go for 3 weeks before washing and the car still looks good. But thats the advantage of silver i guess not really the SG. As for the stone chips, ive had a few on my front bumper despite all my care in not following heavy vehicles. But i drive alot on the NSE (weekly). I dont think the SG helps much with this. Im quite sure ill need to respray the bumper at some point.

Added on August 15, 2012, 9:13 am
QUOTE(alanang @ Aug 15 2012, 09:09 AM)
Besides Sierra Glow, is there any other alternative?
I'm thinking of doing it for my K5 but then I was just looking for other alternative if available.
SG is still the cheapest option out there. For RM700 and a 5 year warranty, i guess its a good deal. Others that i checked were all 2,000 and above and most came with much lesser warranty periods. So even if the SG lasts only 3 years, its still a good deal. But u should get it done ASAP before your paint starts to wear.

This post has been edited by cybermaster98: Aug 15 2012, 09:13 AM
alanang
post Aug 15 2012, 09:23 AM

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Aug 15 2012, 09:11 AM)
SG is still the cheapest option out there. For RM700 and a 5 year warranty, i guess its a good deal. Others that i checked were all 2,000 and above and most came with much lesser warranty periods. So even if the SG lasts only 3 years, its still a good deal. But u should get it done ASAP before your paint starts to wear.
Thanks for the information. I was told not to wax the car and I did it the other day (sigh!). Maybe I should drop an e-mail to Sierra Glow and see when is the quickest date I could do it. Afterall, all CBU cars were left out in the sun for some time, therefore I agree with you that it should be done quicker.
cybermaster98
post Aug 15 2012, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(alanang @ Aug 15 2012, 09:23 AM)
Thanks for the information. I was told not to wax the car and I did it the other day (sigh!). Maybe I should drop an e-mail to Sierra Glow and see when is the quickest date I could do it. Afterall, all CBU cars were left out in the sun for some time, therefore I agree with you that it should be done quicker.
Yes u should not have waxed. SG works best when its applied to new paint surfaces. Anyway, just give Mr Choong a call and set the appointment. But make sure u tell him you have already done waxing on the car.
stairz
post Aug 15 2012, 09:26 AM

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Aug 15 2012, 09:07 AM)
OK no problem. Maybe i should give Mr Choong a call then to check. Did u do a SG for your Inspira as well?
nope.. but other guys did.. i'm not that particular with cars (performance, ice, accessories etc.).. let alone washing it as often as some of em out there.. and true, silver coloured car is good at hiding them dirt
aah, so you're also a regular of the NSE.. i'm on it at least once a month, especially north-bound
bUGG
post Aug 15 2012, 09:27 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Aug 15 2012, 09:11 AM)
Well my i got my car end April and did my Sierra Glow early May. My car has clocked 10,000km now. About to go for 2nd service this week.

Yes washing and cleaning is very easy and dirt doesnt stick. My color is silver and sometimes i go for 3 weeks before washing and the car still looks good. But thats the advantage of silver i guess not really the SG. As for the stone chips, ive had a few on my front bumper despite all my care in not following heavy vehicles. But i drive alot on the NSE (weekly). I dont think the SG helps much with this. Im quite sure ill need to respray the bumper at some point.
For minor stone chips, maybe Mr Choong SG can help.
cybermaster98
post Aug 15 2012, 09:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(stairz @ Aug 15 2012, 09:26 AM)
nope.. but other guys did.. i'm not that particular with cars (performance, ice, accessories etc.).. let alone washing it as often as some of em out there.. and true, silver coloured car is good at hiding them dirt
aah, so you're also a regular of the NSE.. i'm on it at least once a month, especially north-bound
Yes im North bound too from KL. I dont believe in mods or any of that. I just maintain the car (body, engine, interior). My previous 2003 Vios body paint was still shiny and nice despite being 9 yrs old. Interior also spotless and no stains anywhere. I only wash once in 2 weeks or so.

155 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0786sec    4.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 03:46 PM