Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Renovation permit (MBSA), Need advise...

views

TS^K^
post Aug 13 2012, 02:11 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
88 posts

I just got my house key (7 yrs old house). Since the are is under MBSA (Shah Alam), the went there to checkout on reno permit.
They say for intermitted house is 1 hr approval if I take their standard plan...
In order to apply, I have to submit few docs includs the CF of that house as well...
When I ask from seller, they say they also did not have it when they purchase the house from 1st owner...so means 1st owner lost the CF doc sad.gif

So now I am not sure how to proceed as I wish to extend the kitchen area...Anyone can advise? icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

Added on August 14, 2012, 10:20 amSeems nobody facing this issue before... sad.gif

This post has been edited by ^K^: Aug 14 2012, 10:20 AM
SUSLaurel Wallpaper
post Aug 23 2012, 12:45 PM

24 posts

refer to this link http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2032603/all
TS^K^
post Aug 23 2012, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

seems ok d...I ask MBSA officer again yesterday...They told me no CF required for 2nd hand / old house...Cukai pintu is enough...so I am going to submit my reno application soonnnn biggrin.gif
Thanks!
happy4cathy
post Aug 24 2012, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(^K^ @ Aug 23 2012, 01:18 PM)
seems ok d...I ask MBSA officer again yesterday...They told me no CF required for 2nd hand / old house...Cukai pintu is enough...so I am going to submit my reno application soonnnn biggrin.gif
Thanks!
congratulation ...good luck smile.gif
kyoshooo
post Jan 5 2013, 12:48 AM

Casual
382 posts

If take their standard plan meaning no need architect drawing?
thx
post Jan 5 2013, 12:22 PM

Getting Started
152 posts

QUOTE(kyoshooo @ Jan 5 2013, 12:48 AM)
If take their standard plan meaning no need architect drawing?
Yes .. Only for intermediate house ...
kyoshooo
post Jan 5 2013, 03:54 PM

Casual
382 posts

Thanks bro.
cyew86
post Aug 5 2013, 01:23 PM

oh my ...
4,251 posts

Hi all,

Sorry for having to bump up this old thread. I need to apply for renovation permit for my intermediate house (only backyard extension) from MBSA this month, but to prevent myself from having to go to Wisma MBSA more than one time, may I know what is the standard procedure/documents needed to apply for the permit?

As far as I know, I need the followings beside my IC:
1. S&P Agreement
2. Cukai Pintu
3. CF
4. Land Title
5. Colored photographs of front and back of the house with date within 3 days of application (does the photo need to be printed full A4 size or just normal 4R size would do?)
6. Permit application fee/deposit (how much do I need to pay?)
7. Consent letter (one house is vacant, another is rented out to foreign workers, do I still need a letter in this case?)

Please advise.

Thanks.
praetorion
post Aug 5 2013, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(cyew86 @ Aug 5 2013, 01:23 PM)
Hi all,

Sorry for having to bump up this old thread. I need to apply for renovation permit for my intermediate house (only backyard extension) from MBSA this month, but to prevent myself from having to go to Wisma MBSA more than one time, may I know what is the standard procedure/documents needed to apply for the permit?

As far as I know, I need the followings beside my IC:
1. S&P Agreement
2. Cukai Pintu
3. CF
4. Land Title
5. Colored photographs of front and back of the house with date within 3 days of application (does the photo need to be printed full A4 size or just normal 4R size would do?)
6. Permit application fee/deposit (how much do I need to pay?)
7. Consent letter (one house is vacant, another is rented out to foreign workers, do I still need a letter in this case?)

Please advise.

Thanks.
First you most likely need to go twice, if they were busy or officer not around to sign your permit. If your S&P is under 2 names, you need both IC and signatories on all forms. You will need to buy the booklet and go home to study/fill up so yeah you need to go there twice. Their office is temporary located on the 21st floor instead of 8th.

CF is not required if you are not the first owner of the house, ie bought directly from developer.

Color photo need to be printed on A4 paper, clearing showing your back and front facade incl your house no.

Application fee is based on how many plan you need to purchase. Each plan is 200-300. You need one plan for front and back portion of the house, awning/car porch will need a separate plan. You need to pay deposit to MBSA and Alam Flora as well. To give you an idea I paid close to 4k for permit + deposit for front and back extension + car porch plan.

Consent letter only required if your extension affects your neighbour existing structure such as shared front car porch.

Give them a call to get further info so you get a clear picture what is needed or if the standard plan fits your requirement. Flat roof is not part of their standard plan.

cyew86
post Aug 5 2013, 04:56 PM

oh my ...
4,251 posts

QUOTE(praetorion @ Aug 5 2013, 03:50 PM)
First you most likely need to go twice, if they were busy or officer not around to sign your permit. If your S&P is under 2 names, you need both IC and signatories on all forms. You will need to buy the booklet and go home to study/fill up so yeah you need to go there twice. Their office is temporary located on the 21st floor instead of 8th.

CF is not required if you are not the first owner of the house, ie bought directly from developer.

Color photo need to be printed on A4 paper, clearing showing your back and front facade incl your house no.

Application fee is based on how many plan you need to purchase. Each plan is 200-300. You need one plan for front and back portion of the house, awning/car porch will need a separate plan. You need to pay deposit to MBSA and Alam Flora as well. To give you an idea I paid close to 4k for permit + deposit for front and back extension + car porch plan.

Consent letter only required if your extension affects your neighbour existing structure such as shared front car porch.

Give them a call to get further info so you get a clear picture what is needed or if the standard plan fits your requirement. Flat roof is not part of their standard plan.
Hi Praetorion,

Thanks. I will most probably go to get a booklet first then. At the same time, I would ask the officers about the letter of consent as I foresee challenges to obtain the signature given that both owners do not reside in the houses doh.gif

praetorion
post Aug 5 2013, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

Best if you ask them when you are there. Go early as you will get to spend more time with the officer. Also when you submit, go early in order to get the permit on the same day. If you submit after noon, they might need to defer the process until the next day. Because the officer attend to you will spend quite some time processing the documents, its will take a while to go through the queue if there are a lot of ppl.

I can see MBSA is trying to make life easier for us but at the same time I think this is like a money making scheme for MBSA and developer. You will know what I meant when you get the booklet and compare to the current house design/layout.

I suggest when you go there the first time, bring along the photo of your house facade in order for the officer to give you a precise advice rather then based on description.

A side note, for those who submit architecture plan for their reno approval, it can be done in 1 day instead of 1-2 weeks now. Remember MBSA has their own internal architect/engineer adviser so dont think they know nuts about house structure.

Remember if you deviate from the plan after you reno, your deposit will be forfeit and fine x amount of $$ based on their rate. It will also protect you if your neighbour decide to complaint to MBSA in regards to any "illegal" extension done on your house. You cant start reno without a permit as well, you think you won't get caught unless someone complaint to MBSA.

This post has been edited by praetorion: Aug 5 2013, 06:10 PM
valva
post Oct 15 2013, 07:12 PM

2 posts

The requirement is to offset 1ft on backyard for GI gutter, what is the consequences if I done the kitchen extension without offset and GI gutter at back lane? Will I get saman?
praetorion
post Oct 16 2013, 12:05 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

i dont think you will get saman, but deposit will be forfeited. unless mbsa is tough on you, you might get saman then issue you an order to redo. bear in mind when you follow the booklet, signed it and consider it an agreement between you and mbsa. so mbsa will have the power to go after you.
valva
post Oct 16 2013, 10:19 AM

2 posts

If just forfeited few hundred deposit is ok for me, my kitchen only got 5ft land to extend and want me to offset 1ft become 4ft only, it's too small...
praetorion
post Oct 16 2013, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

i cant comment further as i have no experience with inspection yet. but i do read they normally dont come to inspect, instead request you to take a photo when you complete.

some ppl also say as long as your roof boundary inline with your neighbour who had similar extension, you can get away with it.

the argument is to allow ample of space at the back for emergency response team to access in case of emergency. but nowadays a lot of back lane either have no access or access barricaded so there you go.
Galaxy Angel
post Apr 8 2014, 05:02 PM

On my way
584 posts

QUOTE(praetorion @ Aug 5 2013, 03:50 PM)

Hi praetorion:

I plan to extend my kitchen on my double story house, only first floor, not going to do until 2 floor, noted if make the roof flat is not part of the standard plan, is that means I still can apply for the standard plan but the deposit RM500 will forfeited, am I right?
SUSsupersound
post Apr 8 2014, 05:44 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Galaxy Angel @ Apr 8 2014, 05:02 PM)
Hi praetorion:

I plan to extend my kitchen on my double story house, only first floor, not going to do until 2 floor, noted if make the roof flat is not part of the standard plan, is that means I still can apply for the standard plan but the deposit RM500 will forfeited, am I right?
Better read the regulation set by MBSA, like Negeri's, you can no need to submit application and do renovation, the most they will come and greet you : You help me, I help you..
But once change the head, they will come again, usually 10 years.
If follow their regulation, they can fine you and force you to renovate it back to original.
praetorion
post Apr 19 2014, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(Galaxy Angel @ Apr 8 2014, 05:02 PM)
Hi praetorion:

The standard plan is pretty basic with 3 different design and no it does not include the flat roof design, in which I do mean concrete roof. You will have to submit your reno plan drawn by either your ID or engineer for them to review and they will advice you accordingly. They have internal architect and engineer that might be able to help you with the plan drawing according to their specification/requirement.

Like @supersound mentioned, you can afford to forfeit the deposit paid but can you afford for them to harass you in future?

I know for sure DB*L will do that. MBSA and MPK are very professional nowadays.

My original plan was going for a flat roof as well for front and back but end up ditching it because of one thing, workmanship. Imagine the waterproofing is not done correctly or require touch up once everything is done, it will be nightmare if not frustrating.
Galaxy Angel
post Apr 21 2014, 10:39 AM

On my way
584 posts

ok, noted and thanks for the info ya.
keane04
post Oct 1 2014, 11:01 PM

Regular
1,054 posts

trying my luck in this old thread to ask a question.

anyone has renovated with extension of kitchen but did not do the 1ft offset and got the roof eave over the unit's land area? says my unit's land is 70ft long but the roof eave is over the 70ft area.

under mbsa, will kena saman? i have done mine but hav yet to go to mbsa to get the deposit refund and cf.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    0.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:27 AM