Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> AMD Socket-939 Overclocking Database, Athlon64, Athlon64 FX, Opteron

views

Holi^oNe
post Apr 19 2008, 05:33 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

Might be against forum rules , but I figured I'd try my luck here.

Can anyone help me with the problem I'm facing ?

I'm running an opty 144 with a DFI SLi-DR Expert board.

Earlier after 2 years of not touching my pc went and tinkered with my perfectly okay system and I "accidentally" shorted the clear CMOS jumper while the system was still running. So naturally the system tripped. Now I can boot up but I'm not able to enter my BIOS.

I have a hunch that all I need is to reprogram the BIOS. I checked and I found out that the Asus A8N-SLi board uses the same BIOS chip as the Lanparty SLi-DR Expert. My question is if anyone knows wheter I can hotflash the BIOS chip in windows mode using the winflash utility with a different brand motherboard ? Or would my chances be better using a DFI board to hotflash ? Any help from forumers would be greatly appreciated (if possible via pm)~! Thanks in advanced.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section.

Holi^oNe
post Apr 21 2008, 07:49 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

I tried to force flash and also winflash but both didnt work. The chip is recognized as an A8N-SLi Bios but the core information is all the latest one for the DFI board.

So my solution right now is to either buy a replacement chip online or request / pay a fellow forumer to help do a hotflash.

To anyone who has a Lanparty SLi-DR Expert within the Klang Valley who is willing to do a BIOS hotflash. Please drop me a pm. I won't mind paying abit of money for your services.

Thanks alot.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0293sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th July 2021 - 02:08 AM