Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

General LEARNING JAPANESE!, LEARNING JAPANESE!!

views

SetaNoriyasu
post Dec 30 2005, 12:56 AM

ふううううううう
1,067 posts

QUOTE(jhcj @ Dec 2 2005, 03:14 PM)

- kompyūta = computer

Actually, the more regular term used for computer is 'persocom(p)' which, is an abbreviation of 'personal computer'. Go figure...
SetaNoriyasu
post Dec 31 2005, 01:00 AM

ふううううううう
1,067 posts

well, it generally depends on who you're talking to, I doubt it's only anime-otaku who use the term since there have been references when I speak to my friends who are Japanese and have PR's here
SetaNoriyasu
post Jan 3 2006, 06:43 PM

ふううううううう
1,067 posts

anyway......

another thing worth mentioning is that

the term 'otaku' is more colloquial than a proper word in japanese vocabulary and is not reserved for those who specifically indulge in anime,

think more in terms of 'geekiness', those who are geeky in relation to anime are called; Anime-Otaku, those who are military fanboys are known as "�??�,"�?~�,"�,��,��,�" Gunjin-otaku, and so on and so forth.
SetaNoriyasu
post Jan 3 2006, 07:54 PM

ふううううううう
1,067 posts

QUOTE(Mudmaniac @ Jan 3 2006, 07:29 PM)
the explanation i heard from a friend last time was that "Otaku" was actually a way of addressing people at anime conventions. Since the japanese use of the word "anata" is considered disturbingly familiar, people who didnt bother to learn the other person's name usually addressed each other as "otaku" (your household)

i have no idea if this is true.
tis be true, the ingenius part is that there is a difference when writing 'otaku aka your house' 御�.../�? �? �?? and 'otaku aka fanboy' �,��,��,�
SetaNoriyasu
post Jan 3 2006, 07:59 PM

ふううううううう
1,067 posts

QUOTE(xpresside @ Jan 3 2006, 07:55 PM)
write and pronounce is different. just letting others know to use the write way to write so they wont get confuse later on. and my japanese teachers don't say personal computer as pasokom but rather pasokon
well, think of it this way, we write 'read' but we either say 'present tense = reed' or 'past tense = red', same word different pronounciations, but we all still write 'read' regardless of what tense it is.....

hence, it's all irrelevant there is no 'right way' of saying something provided that the meaning gets thru
SetaNoriyasu
post May 17 2007, 08:09 AM

ふううううううう
1,067 posts

Could anyone enlighten me on how to say/pronounce 志陽 as a name? Seeing as 'kokorozashi-hi' isn't very name-like
SetaNoriyasu
post May 20 2007, 11:15 PM

ふううううううう
1,067 posts

QUOTE(SetaNoriyasu @ May 17 2007, 08:09 AM)
Could anyone enlighten me on how to say/pronounce 志陽 as a name? Seeing as 'kokorozashi-hi' isn't very name-like
After poking and prodding abit I have found out that 陽 if spoken as a name is, Haru/hi. Now..... how the bloody 'ell do I say 志 as a name =.=

This post has been edited by SetaNoriyasu: May 20 2007, 11:16 PM
SetaNoriyasu
post May 22 2007, 06:13 PM

ふううううううう
1,067 posts

not really, 志陽, kokorozashi-hi technically means willful spring or willful sun depending on how you look at it. I've narrowed it down to

Shirusuharu

しるす is a more archaic way of saying こころざし

doesn't sound half bad actually, sounds very feminine. But also androgynous at the same time.

Although I'm looking at it from a purely technical side.

This post has been edited by SetaNoriyasu: May 22 2007, 06:17 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0531sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:30 PM