> symbian is dead!, @@@sad@@@

views

legenderycity
post Jun 12 2012, 11:40 PM

Regular
1,016 posts

QUOTE(Piccolo @ Jun 11 2012, 11:21 PM)
You have strong points there.

Although I don't play many games and certainly can live without them, I do watch YouTube and RSS a lot. Any comments regarding this on symbian belle fp1?
Youtube on Symbian is quite good now. Can even load HQ movies.
peter32
post Jun 15 2012, 01:55 PM

心旷神怡
1,060 posts

Its a none issue.

Look, no matter how anyone look at it, survival of a phone relied alot upon presence of apps. So sooner or later Symbian is going to die. But it will survive for a few good years.

Afterall, a phone's lifespan is also about 5 years anyway, at least for a smart phone.

So its important that we cover our arses first -- make sure one can transfer our existing phone data to future phone OS. And ability to backup our existing ones, eg. apps that can do backup such as iDriveLite in iOS which I use.

Saying that, is there any backup apps in symbian that has similar apps for data backup ?

After we backup, we can literally enjoy any phone OS we like. iOS and android does have apps that go beyond gaming. I for one, uses phone to access my house CCTV, data backup, read up my google documents occasionally, and occasiona PPS videos ! I don't play games, well, rarely. But I do look for something that Nokia has right now, eg. the 41MP phone camera which I drool upon.

So yes I will get one for what I would need. For the apps usage, I have found mostly similar apps for what I need as listed above, except perhaps the PPS apps and iDriveLite. As long as my data is backed up well, I think I may change to other OS in future. So symbian's survival is not relevant to be honest.
fitzhex
post Jun 15 2012, 10:58 PM

On my way
521 posts

QUOTE(peter32 @ Jun 15 2012, 01:55 PM)
Its a none issue. 

Look, no matter how anyone look at it, survival of a phone relied alot upon presence of apps.  So sooner or later Symbian is going to die.  But it will survive for a few good years.

Afterall, a phone's lifespan is also about 5 years anyway, at least for a smart phone.

So its important that we cover our arses first -- make sure one can transfer our existing phone data to future phone OS.  And ability to backup our existing ones, eg. apps that can do backup such as iDriveLite in iOS which I use. 

Saying that, is there any backup apps in symbian that has similar apps for data backup ? 

After we backup, we can literally enjoy any phone OS we like.  iOS and android does have apps that go beyond gaming.  I for one, uses phone to access my house CCTV, data backup, read up my google documents occasionally, and occasiona PPS videos !  I don't play games, well, rarely.  But I do look for something that Nokia has right now, eg. the 41MP phone camera which I drool upon. 

So yes I will get one for what I would need.  For the apps usage, I have found mostly similar apps for what I need as listed above, except perhaps the PPS apps and iDriveLite.  As long as my data is backed up well, I think I may change to other OS in future.  So symbian's survival is not relevant to be honest.
yes you are right.. well, it depends on the needs.. that why many jump ship to android/ios as it offer more apps, games..
for me, my n8 now serve as 2nd phone, with occasional calling n texting.. and also for taking picture.. nod.gif nod.gif
and i believe those stick with symbian bcoz they did not need to use 10000+ apps, for now..
and also bcoz of awesome camera.. smile.gif smile.gif

peter32
post Jun 15 2012, 11:35 PM

心旷神怡
1,060 posts

The apps can be very useful indeed. Eg. went to one utama to look for nokia shop to ask for 808, immediately I can install oneU apps in my iphone and look for the shop. Its ironic indeed.

Which means apps is still king no matter how faithful you are towards symbian.
meta4
post Jun 18 2012, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

oh no,, i just interested n wanna buy nokia E5 ,,now i gotta see other platform? android maybe sob3
skylinelover
post Jun 20 2012, 11:25 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
5,642 posts

android - apps, symbian - camera that beats dslr big time, it all depends on the needs, if u need both might s well buy 2 phones then hahahaha
joefbi
post May 18 2013, 11:42 AM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,555 posts

still got working tough nokia 5800Xm and Samsung Omnia HD symbian. i feel sad how internal struggle in nokia let symbian die. in fact, symbian was not far away from android in similarities. just symbian is taken slow moving to bulit the ecosystem for it's sustainability so lead to it's death. developers whos developing symbian previously is leaving them to androids to secure their job. nobody will stay with the sinking boat.

symbian will always a 'guru' to all IOS...no symbian, no androids. Shame NOKIA,
no wonder u also sink with it.

RIP symbian.
Sony Lim
post May 29 2013, 10:51 AM

Casual
317 posts

goodbye my love
nemoegg
post Jun 2 2013, 01:38 AM

Getting Started
186 posts

too bad. now everryone goes ios and andriod !! i am a fan of nokia since nokia 3310, 8210, n95, n8, n9... WHY nokia treat me so bad
myteam94
post Jun 4 2013, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

guys,
i have a problem with my N8,
i want to factory reset it but the problem is my sister forget the security code of the phone.
i tried the 3 keys hard reset,
still no luck,
plus im too lazy and cheapskate to sent to Nokia Care centre,
is there solution to use the phone back?
airspeeder
post Jun 5 2013, 10:25 PM

Casual
314 posts

my last symbian phone was sony ericsson vivaz..
a nice phone..
but i hate the keyboard.. symbian screen ratio made it almost impossible to use qwerty keyboard in potrait mode..
nemoegg
post Jun 9 2013, 12:18 AM

Getting Started
186 posts

Try to find online what's the password? For default.
nemoegg
post Jun 9 2013, 12:19 AM

Getting Started
186 posts

QUOTE(airspeeder @ Jun 5 2013, 10:25 PM)
my last symbian phone was sony ericsson vivaz..
a nice phone..
but i hate the keyboard.. symbian screen ratio made it almost impossible to use qwerty keyboard in potrait mode..
Ya, I also dislike qwerty keyboard in Nokia. It too small screen. I use the normal phone keyboard only lolz.
sfotsy
post Jun 20 2013, 12:29 AM

Getting Started
192 posts

sad to know that Symbian is dead as it is really a good phone as newer generations that is category of old uncle market or the image of holding a Nokia black and white / or Color phone.

I always keep it as my second or third phone as really good for standby as needed.

I wish that Symbian OS will not die completely. Coz many many old uncle like me will cry....coz Symbian had already brought us Happy time, a good value phone for us. Still can remember my first Symbian Phone by Sony Ericsson that with GPRS and then Nokia phone with 3G.
magnumkaiser
post Jul 2 2013, 01:59 PM

Rest in Peace
1,032 posts

symbian a good memory my whole secondary school is nokia symbian phone that time its more of song and sms.
babyryn
post Jul 3 2013, 11:06 AM

17 posts

Symbian was popular once a long time ago but it never upgrade.. Then ios improve alot and then android platform is coming and they offer nokia only but nokia refused so they go for other , se , htc , motorolla , samsung etc..
elastico
post Sep 8 2013, 01:02 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

time for a change..
kinabalu
post Oct 23 2013, 09:05 AM

20k VIP club
1,165 posts

after 808 pureview, i think i will jump ship to Note 3 or 4 or so on.... look so tempting.

only thing i will missed is the camera and the offline worldwide GPS.
ErgoProxi
post Feb 13 2014, 09:02 AM

Aren't I just good enough to eat?
2,702 posts

bye symbian, hello windows phones.
green_algae
post Feb 15 2014, 03:21 PM

Enthusiast
904 posts

we had good memories,symbian.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Switch to: