5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Condo for daily tenent..homestay..legal or illigal, Condo for investment

views

TSweanuhaske
post May 19 2012, 07:42 PM, updated 12y ago

27 posts

Hi all
I would like to turn a condo into homestay.My question is it legal to make it into a homestay for daily renting like hotel that has been going on in Malaysia for quite sometimes. For example at airbnb.com and ibilik.com.my I have found many condos for daily renting.
yankicip
post May 22 2012, 12:58 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(weanuhaske @ May 19 2012, 08:42 PM)
Hi all
I would like to turn a condo into homestay.My question is it legal to make it into a homestay for daily renting like hotel that has been going on in Malaysia for quite sometimes. For example at airbnb.com and ibilik.com.my I have found many condos for daily renting.
Can you copy the link?

In europe many such property. But in Malaysia property located near lrt/ktm should have good potential
Alvinyeo
post May 22 2012, 01:17 PM

Talk is Cheap
1,752 posts

QUOTE(weanuhaske @ May 19 2012, 07:42 PM)
Hi all
Renting without document by law is illegal la. Unless you do every stay have to sign tenancy and go hasil stamp than is legal. thumbup.gif

For daily. brows.gif

SUSjalsrix
post May 22 2012, 01:19 PM

Regular
1,927 posts

Hi all
Not all condos allow daily renting as that will compromise the security in that condo area.

different people can come in daily and it would be nightmare for security guards to control.
yankicip
post May 22 2012, 01:23 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(jalsrix @ May 22 2012, 02:19 PM)
Not all condos allow daily renting as that will compromise the security in that condo area.

different people can come in daily and it would be nightmare for security guards to control.
I was told by my tenant that mines does rent out condo to tourist on the min 3 days basic.

Most these tourist are family from middle east.

Of course mines hertitage residence is services apartment type la.
SUSjalsrix
post May 22 2012, 01:25 PM

Regular
1,927 posts

QUOTE(yankicip @ May 22 2012, 01:23 PM)
I was told by my tenant that mines does rent out condo to tourist on the min 3 days basic.

Most these tourist are family from middle east.

Of course mines hertitage residence is services apartment type la.
For certain apartment like holiday resort or service apartment where most people stay on short term, it is legal.

But for normal condos where most are residents, I don't think management will allow it as the security and break-in will increase.
katijar
post May 22 2012, 01:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,290 posts

why want to do that?
just rent it to Africans... they can pay good rental.
dino10chels
post May 22 2012, 02:35 PM

Enthusiast
936 posts

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ May 22 2012, 01:17 PM)
Renting without document by law is illegal la. Unless you do every stay have to sign tenancy and go hasil stamp than is legal.  thumbup.gif

For daily.  brows.gif
Yes renting without document is illegal for residential property like condo rclxms.gif
Serviced apartment still need to see whether the management allows or not, but this is Malaysia where anything is possible....Malaysia Boleh thumbup.gif
sovietmah
post May 22 2012, 02:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,241 posts

i dun think ur condo management will allow that if they know it later on.
double storey is quite reasonable ok provided is not gated and guarded.
dino10chels
post May 22 2012, 03:00 PM

Enthusiast
936 posts

maybe owner manage to convince the management....who knows
ecin
post May 23 2012, 10:14 AM

5,857 posts

QUOTE(katijar @ May 22 2012, 01:32 PM)
why want to do that?
just rent it to Africans... they can pay good rental.
You'll spend equally "good" expenses after all tongue.gif

Added on
QUOTE(dino10chels @ May 22 2012, 03:00 PM)
maybe owner manage to convince the management....who knows
Residences will kill the management, if JMB, the position bye-bye for the coming AGM biggrin.gif
RedBishop
post May 23 2012, 10:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,167 posts

i heard from a lot of friends, they can do this, but you have nothing to protect yourself.

eq : african came with drugs and process the drug for 1 day at ur house = get caught or anything, you have to be responsible for that

Added on May 23, 2012, 10:32 ami heard from a lot of friends, they can do this, but you have nothing to protect yourself.

eq : african came with drugs and process the drug for 1 day at ur house = get caught or anything, you have to be responsible for that

This post has been edited by RedBishop: May 23 2012, 10:32 AM
michaellee
post May 23 2012, 10:33 AM

Regular
1,095 posts

Hi all
When the word legal is used, it normally dictates whether what you are doing is against the law. There is no law prohibiting an owner to rent out the premises on a daily basis. Neither does the deeds of covenants that you signed with the developer actually states that you cannot rent out on a daily basis.

But if the entire community of the high rise has house rules against such practices, then you do need to see the management about it and asked if it is possible. Most management, in order to protect themselves, will not allow such practices. People that does it normally do it quietly and will face the music only when something happens.

Added on May 23, 2012, 10:35 am
QUOTE(jalsrix @ May 22 2012, 01:25 PM)
For certain apartment like holiday resort or service apartment where most people stay on short term, it is legal.

But for normal condos where most are residents, I don't think management will allow it as the security and break-in will increase.
You are REALLY AMAZING. Always commenting on things you DO NOT KNOW!!! How stupid can you be?? Don't comment if you don't know. Forever misleading people. I have yet to read one post from you with good advice.

Since you say beside holiday resort and service apartment is illegal, tell me the section of the law under which act that says it is ILLEGAL? Another one of your imaginary lawyer telling you what is legal and illegal. Can you do the human kind a favour and get the hell out of the forum with all your stupid advice? One day, your advice will kill others. Stupid fool who knows nothing makes so much noise!

This post has been edited by michaellee: May 23 2012, 10:35 AM
delack
post May 23 2012, 10:35 AM

7 posts

[quote=ecin,May 23 2012, 10:14 AM]

Added on

Agree , prepare lots of money to refurbish the place for ur next tenant if u're unlucky . Also u might hv lots of complaints from your neighbours and the management about noise and etc etc .
RedBishop
post May 23 2012, 10:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,167 posts

[quote=delack,May 23 2012, 10:35 AM]
[quote=ecin,May 23 2012, 10:14 AM]

Added on

Agree , prepare lots of money to refurbish the place for ur next tenant if u're unlucky . Also u might hv lots of complaints from your neighbours and the management about noise and etc etc .

[/quote]

yes, plus you have to check your house everyday
michaellee
post May 23 2012, 10:38 AM

Regular
1,095 posts

QUOTE(RedBishop @ May 23 2012, 10:32 AM)
i heard from a lot of friends, they can do this, but you have nothing to protect yourself.

Added on May 23, 2012, 10:32 ami heard from a lot of friends, they can do this, but you have nothing to protect yourself.

Why should someone else possess drug in your premises be your responsibility? I don't think PDRM has gone to the extreme yet. Oh, unless you are the one controlling those drug mules, then of course PDRM will go after you.
RedBishop
post May 23 2012, 10:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,167 posts

QUOTE(michaellee @ May 23 2012, 10:38 AM)
Why should someone else possess drug in your premises be your responsibility? I don't think PDRM has gone to the extreme yet. Oh, unless you are the one controlling those drug mules, then of course PDRM will go after you.
it's because the house is under your name, and you have to be responsible.
sovietmah
post May 23 2012, 11:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,241 posts

QUOTE(RedBishop @ May 23 2012, 10:42 AM)
ya true. even if not ur fault, police don't catch you, you will also be in big trouble.
am sure few rounds going to police station and court.

For property renting, as long as i get a good tenant, i am ok not to increase the renting fees.
don't earn RM100-200 extra per month but you get into big headache problem in future.
michaellee
post May 23 2012, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,095 posts

QUOTE(RedBishop @ May 23 2012, 10:42 AM)
Not true. Personally I have three cases many years ago where the houses was under my name. One of the cases, the tenant not only has illegal drugs (E tablets), deals with illegal VCDs (not DVD then), prostituition and illegals. PDRM only wants me to help them by being a witness. They knew I rented the premises out. And I have no dealings with these except taking rental. Plus my rental is at market rate, not way higher (in some ways, I am profiteering from their illegal activities). The guy was prosecuted and to date I have yet to receive any other demands from PDRM. Seriously, in this aspect, I think PDRM is fair and they will not go above the law in prosecuting the innocents.
yankicip
post May 23 2012, 11:19 AM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(RedBishop @ May 23 2012, 11:32 AM)

Under criminal prosecution you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt ma.

The first things is "intention" what.

how can you blindly listen to your friend ah?

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:28 PM