Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My first home property investment: Flora Damansara, Advise, Feedback, & Comments? Investment

views

wodenus
post Jun 22 2012, 11:05 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(richsense @ Jun 19 2012, 09:10 PM)
Really nice. smile.gif
But will anything happen? the approach road is narrow and unlighted.

Added on June 22, 2012, 11:10 pm
QUOTE(potenza10 @ Jun 22 2012, 10:38 PM)
wow!!! 180k? are you serious?
180K for Flora Damansara? Anyone could've gotten you one for something like Rm80,000.

This post has been edited by wodenus: Jun 22 2012, 11:11 PM
wodenus
post Jun 23 2012, 01:21 AM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 23 2012, 12:06 AM)
HouLanSaiLei, where are you, need your help here. icon_question.gif
Why do you answer like that, it's hard to quote lol. Is the approach road really four lanes? it looks like it would just about fit one bus smile.gif and it is still unlighted though.

http://www.cbd.com.my/property/12721/flora-damansara-apt

Flora Damansara End Lot, Rm129k.

http://www.jefferylam.com/2010/03/31/flora...rdana-for-rent/

Block D, Rm88K.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylistin...artment_ForSale

Rm150k furnished

http://www.malaysiaproperty2u.com/o2/for-s...-f-124k-165.htm

Block F Rm124k semi-furnished.

But you're right about a lot of things, I can't live there much because of the smell from the sewerage plant near it. Also the dirt and decay, the neglect (it's a bit sad to see it.) I was there during a thunderstorm, it was sad to see all the shops leaking and the signs that say "toilet not working - no water". All the rubbish in the corridors, the lack of lighting, the smell. I seriously can't imagine not being able to flush.

But that's just me. I know there are people who are comfortable living in the jungle, and there are people who are going to look at the mess this place is in (I'm untidy lol) and wonder how I live this way. There are also people who live in huge castles with aircondtioning on all the time, wall-to-wall carpeting, a world-class chef in a dining area the size of a small restaurant, clothes that are always clean etc. who probably wonder how I live in this pigsty. But I like it, it's comfortable.

I suppose they not understanding how I can live here, is sort of like me not understanding how anyone can live there, or how anyone can live in the jungle. People adapt and then they look down on others because somehow, living in the jungle is considered worse than living in a concrete box tongue.gif

I wouldn't pay Rm180K for that, but that's not to say that anyone else wouldn't have thought it worth the price. Maybe they see what I don't. I only see the bags of rubbish and the awful smell, and the lack of lighting. And not being able to flush and being stuck in the lift. I see people that will not change their habits, even if the place changed.

I lived for a time in a rural area, squat toilets, thin foam mattress for a bed. It was (and is) much healthier than the bed I sleep in now. It was great in many ways, I could see the stars because there were no streetlights, I could see the sun set over the horizon. The roads were dirty and potholed, but the air was clean and nights were almost magic, with the air and the all the stars.

And yet, the longer I stayed there, the more I felt like a fake, like I didn't belong there. I wish I did though. It wasn't a bad place to stay.

That letter is five years old, and since then what has changed?
wodenus
post Jun 23 2012, 12:32 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(HouLanSaiLei @ Jun 23 2012, 12:17 PM)
he posted d letter to show us that the structure is OK according to MK.

i was there, i saw it, but if u guys blif what d engineers say, by all means continue living here, as long ur happy

5 yrs n nothing has changed, give them another 5 yrs, see what will happen, come back here @ this forum dun forget smile.gif

40 yrs for flora 180k? 40 yrs? dun know if th building still there tongue.gif

180k for corner unit high floor is reasonable.  market value is more or less there
Yup.. 40 years, that's all your working life. I thought of it too, that maybe I can save this place. But even if they fix everything, they still can't fix the horrible smell from the sewerage treatment plant when the wind blows.

This post has been edited by wodenus: Jun 23 2012, 12:33 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:01 AM