Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My first home property investment: Flora Damansara, Advise, Feedback, & Comments? Investment

views

satrianeo-x
post Nov 20 2015, 08:12 PM

Casual
434 posts

What a pity.
Babizz
post Nov 20 2015, 08:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,386 posts

QUOTE(satrianeo-x @ Nov 20 2015, 06:12 AM)
What a pity.
why got news again ah
hornbill_78
post Nov 20 2015, 08:58 PM

Regular
1,145 posts

This no hope.
satrianeo-x
post Nov 20 2015, 09:05 PM

Casual
434 posts

What I meant is such a great location and cool breeze. No news. It's been a while since I go there jalan jalan. Read about things like tab cut electricity... Era, how is that even possible, means cut whole condo?
tgyap1
post Feb 13 2016, 11:00 PM

12 posts

It's 2016, how are things going on there? I see 850sf units going around RM 200k but 1080sf units nearly Rm 300k.
nicholaspng
post May 15 2016, 09:15 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

Flora damansara,block D, high floor, semi furnished, 750sf,end unit, asking RM 185k ( negotiable), pm me to view if interested..
heavensea
post Dec 16 2016, 02:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(satrianeo-x @ Nov 20 2015, 08:12 PM)
What a pity.
QUOTE(hornbill_78 @ Nov 20 2015, 08:58 PM)
This no hope.
What happened?? @@

QUOTE(tgyap1 @ Feb 13 2016, 11:00 PM)
It's 2016, how are things going on there? I see 850sf units going around RM 200k but 1080sf units nearly Rm 300k.
So cheap...

QUOTE(kundek @ Dec 16 2016, 12:12 AM)
was looking to rent a unit here....if ok then might buy....so i park 1st la
Yes, like a gd buy... veli cheap.
zestsc1028
post Dec 16 2016, 11:20 AM

34 posts

Why not use your downpayment to settle the car loan 1st. Then you can borrow more for housing loan and can afford a higher price property.

Mortgage is cheaper than Hire Purchase anyway. And new launch normally no need downpayment.

*sorry just notice this is an old post. Disregard my comment pls.

This post has been edited by zestsc1028: Dec 16 2016, 11:22 AM
mthc
post Dec 16 2016, 08:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,525 posts

You could have waited 2 more years for RUMAWIP with MRT project
heavensea
post Dec 17 2016, 02:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(mthc @ Dec 16 2016, 08:56 PM)
You could have waited 2 more years for RUMAWIP with MRT project
Which project of Rumawip walkable to mrt?
heavensea
post Dec 17 2016, 02:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(zestsc1028 @ Dec 16 2016, 11:20 AM)
Why not use your downpayment to settle the car loan 1st. Then you can borrow more for housing loan and can afford a higher price property.

Mortgage is cheaper than Hire Purchase anyway. And new launch normally no need downpayment.

*sorry just notice this is an old post. Disregard my comment pls.
good advise, car loan around 1k/month is bad for dsr sad.gif
post Oct 9 2017, 01:59 PM

1 posts

any news for market rate 2017?
danielSinclair
post Oct 17 2017, 11:23 AM

Casual
344 posts

QUOTE(0913049 @ Oct 9 2017, 01:59 PM)
any news for market rate 2017?
MV 220k for 850sft. but reputation now very bad due to parking problem, African problem and traffic jam every morning due to wrong parking 😢
soul_star
post Jun 9 2020, 10:14 AM

On my way
533 posts

Is flora damansara a good place to rent for newly wed? Comments are highly appreciated
jetzxp
post Jun 9 2020, 10:18 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(soul_star @ Jun 9 2020, 10:14 AM)
Is flora damansara a good place to rent for newly wed? Comments are highly appreciated
big no. unless you guys enjoy staying with bangla
TSlilac
post Oct 24 2021, 02:51 PM

Casual
376 posts

Just somehow found this post I almost a decade ago. How much things has changed for myself but to give a lil update here-

- I bought a 1080sf unit 9 years back at RM180,000
- SOLD it off 3 years back at RM280,000

I never stayed at the unit but mainly rented it out. During the duration of renting it out, I found myself struggling in getting a steady paying tenant. All my tenants never stayed the full 2 years contract. Some just a couple of months and bailed - damaging the built in cabinets, furniture & etc without compensation.

Two horrible tenants stood out to me
1. Indian lady said renting for her and her female friend. When I dropped by to check as Electricity bills were not paid, a whole bunch of Nigerian men were there who did not know my tenant. I called my tenant, and she said it was her boyfriend. In the end, found out she rented it for a bunch of Nigerians, I accepted with a copy of their passport. But one day they bailed leaving me with a heavy TNB and Water billl.

2. Malay couple who just got married. Lady was a teacher, Male was looking employment after graduation. Could only pay a portion of the deposit but they seem trustworthy and a nice couple just wanting to start of their lives. However, they were always late on payment and often bargained delayed payment which never caught up. One random evening, I received a call saying my unit was haunted by a girl who hangged herself on the hall fan. They said the unit brought them bad luck and I lied to them about it being a safe place. I let them slide, they did not pay me back the rental owed and left with a heavy TNB and Waterbill.

Looking back at it, it was a worthwhile experience. However, I'm glad to have sold my unit - less worry to think about.

The person who bought the unit shared with me plans on splitting the unit into multiple rooms (even the hall to be broken into 3 rooms) and renting it out by individual rooms.

I never knew what turn out from the unit and I've never been back there since then.

TLDR: Worth the investment back then.

This post has been edited by lilac: Oct 24 2021, 02:53 PM
etcko
post Dec 10 2021, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(lilac @ Oct 24 2021, 02:51 PM)
Just somehow found this post I almost a decade ago. How much things has changed for myself but to give a lil update here-

I never stayed at the unit but mainly rented it out. During the duration of renting it out, I found myself struggling in getting a steady paying tenant. All my tenants never stayed the full 2 years contract. Some just a couple of months and bailed - damaging the built in cabinets, furniture & etc without compensation.

1. Indian lady said renting for her and her female friend. When I dropped by to check as Electricity bills were not paid, a whole bunch of Nigerian men were there who did not know my tenant. I called my tenant, and she said it was her boyfriend. In the end, found out she rented it for a bunch of Nigerians, I accepted with a copy of their passport. But one day they bailed leaving me with a heavy TNB and Water billl.

2. Malay couple who just got married. Lady was a teacher, Male was looking employment after graduation. Could only pay a portion of the deposit but they seem trustworthy and a nice couple just wanting to start of their lives. However, they were always late on payment and often bargained delayed payment which never caught up. One random evening, I received a call saying my unit was haunted by a girl who hangged herself on the hall fan. They said the unit brought them bad luck and I lied to them about it being a safe place. I let them slide, they did not pay me back the rental owed and left with a heavy TNB and Waterbill.

Looking back at it, it was a worthwhile experience. However, I'm glad to have sold my unit - less worry to think about.

The person who bought the unit shared with me plans on splitting the unit into multiple rooms (even the hall to be broken into 3 rooms) and renting it out by individual rooms.

I never knew what turn out from the unit and I've never been back there since then.

Luckily you manage to sell with 55% price higher than purchased price. It's really not an easy job to rent out an unit. Sometimes it's not only unable to cover the monthly instalment but have to spend out for plenty of repairing, maintenance, touch up, furnitures, electrical and legal fees. And, you have to spend a lot of time deal with it.
AskarPerang
post Feb 27 2022, 12:41 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,145 posts

Got a lelong unit sold from here yesterday at cheap price.
Block D. 750sqft unit. At reserve price 140,250.
Single bidder won unchallenged.
Good catch?

user posted image
acestar86
post May 27 2022, 03:39 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(lilac @ Oct 24 2021, 02:51 PM)

I bought at Block E back in year 2013 and got it sold right before MCO at year 2020. Even though i did not earn at the end but I relieved that i have sold it right before MCO!

I had similar experience, also never stay at there but having both good and bad experience with various tenants. There were good tenants where they are newly married Malay couple want to start new life there, another good-paying tenant rented the whole house but decorate and did painting himself while waiting for his new house somewhere else to be ready! However, there were tenants who broke the furniture then run away without paying rentals and utilities.

I just have one advice to all who want to buy unit at Flora Damansara, either you want to invest or stay.
->> You have far better choice at Klang Valley! It is cheaper for investment, but don't expect easy tenant unless you are really lucky!

mini orchard
post May 27 2022, 03:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(acestar86 @ May 27 2022, 03:39 PM)
I bought at Block E back in year 2013 and got it sold right before MCO at year 2020. Even though i did not earn at the end but I relieved that i have sold it right before MCO!

I had similar experience, also never stay at there but having both good and bad experience with various tenants. There were good tenants where they are newly married Malay couple want to start new life there, another good-paying tenant rented the whole house but decorate and did painting himself while waiting for his new house somewhere else to be ready! However, there were tenants who broke the furniture then run away without paying rentals and utilities.

I just have one advice to all who want to buy unit at Flora Damansara, either you want to invest or stay.
->> You have far better choice at Klang Valley! It is cheaper for investment, but don't expect easy tenant unless you are really lucky!

Good and bad tenants are everywhere, not limited to Flora. Similar to landlords.

27 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0226sec    0.67    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:58 PM