Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Best country to migrate to?, Berhijrah from malaysia

views

Quang1819
post Sep 17 2016, 09:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,407 posts

QUOTE(malayantiger @ Sep 9 2016, 02:03 PM)
Sorry. I thought this was kopitiam!  Anyway, I chose Cardiff, Wales. Been here about 15 odd years. Love it here. Lovely city, beautiful countryside.
Just curious, but are people there racist?
Quang1819
post Sep 17 2016, 09:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,407 posts

QUOTE(KoChun @ Sep 17 2016, 09:16 PM)
nice sharing.
a bit off topic, but why you anti-Nestle?
Agenda Jew kot
Quang1819
post Sep 18 2016, 09:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,407 posts

QUOTE(malayantiger @ Sep 18 2016, 12:23 AM)
Subjective really. Don't they say racism is everywhere and anywhere? How does one measure racism? You do read of racially motivated attacks off and on in newspapers. There seems to be a rise in attacks on Muslims and recently in the wake of Brexit, there has been a rise in anti-Polish and Eastern Europeans. The papers here tend to over hype everything. But on a personal level, I have never been faced with racial abuse nor have I witness one myself. I have often discussed this matter with my family, wife and kids but they have the same story.

The neighbourhood where I live is rather mixed and has been peaceful. My workmates are nice people and I have made many good friends here. To put things in a nutshell, I think at a face to face level, or in dealing with people here in general, they show very little if any racial connotations.  What they really feel in their mind and heart may be completely different. 

There are robust laws here against discrimination and racism. On the whole I feel less discriminated here than Malaysia simply because in Malaysia racism is institutionalised. For example by the time you are born, you are either a non or a bumi. And then as you move on in life you realise that university places are again subject to this policy, etc, etc. That kind of discrimination, you don't face here.  icon_rolleyes.gif
Ah. Thanks for your reply smile.gif
I was supposed to ask about your personal experience there haha

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0369sec    11.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th February 2020 - 03:51 AM