Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best country to migrate to?, Berhijrah from malaysia

views

Gusnargh
post Apr 17 2015, 10:22 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(darklord95 @ Apr 17 2015, 12:17 AM)
Yeah, that is also one reason why I would hear my cousins talk about their experience in working, mostly working overseas, I would always sit down and listen.

Australia has been a place I have always wanted to migrate to ever since I'm small, when I grew up, the dreams just get stronger, but I have not yet make

appropriate approaches to achieve it, right now I'm just a student, with nothing. The reason why is because I think they offer better lifestyle there, less crime

and stuffs, but climate change is also a bad thing too right there and also some of them might hate us, and treat us as immigrants. I don't really know, I'm

actually finding stories of the people who live in Australia, and say that they want to move back to Malaysia, due to reasons, etc etc, and some of them wanna

move to Australia, due to reasons,etc etc. Make comparison, and decide, that's all what I can do now, and I have 2 years left to graduate, no one knows what

2 years later how the economy will change in Australia, maybe applying to work there will become harder. Who knows? Wishful thinking. ;3
The first thing you need to change if you want to migrate to another country is your mindset. The mistake you are making now is by saying "I am just a student" and can therefore do nothing. If going to Australia is your dream, you must come up with a plan to get there.

Migrating is not easy, the host country generally only wants to get the best of the best. You cannot hope to put in an "average" amount of effort and hope that it will give you results. You need to put in exceptional effort.

Since your vision is "Migrate to Australia", start by identifying a few things that you can do right now to improve your chances. For example,

1. Can you speak, read, and write English fluently? At least fluent enough to get an 8 on the IELTS for each component of the exam? If you cannot, it's time to put together a plan to practise and improve your English so that you can achieve that kind of score. The reason for this is because the Australian skilled migrant system awards points to people based on their IELTS score.

2. Have you applied for, or completed, any internships with companies in the field you are studying? I take it you will want to go for a graduate job when you complete your studies. Employers will generally look favourably to graduates who have completed internships particularly in "well known" firms.

3. Are there any professional courses that you can do on the side while you are studying? By professional courses, I mean things like one (or more) levels of the CFA if you're studying finance, or some professional certifications, e.g. MCSE, Certified Java Programmer if you are studying IT/CS. If you are able to complete something like that, it would show to a potential employer that you are serious about the field you are in and willing to put in exceptional effort.

You should be waking up every morning thinking to yourself, "What can I do today to get closer to my dream?" By taking these baby steps towards your dream every day, I think you will have a much better chance of getting there in 2 years time.
Gusnargh
post Apr 17 2015, 03:23 PM

5 posts

OK, if you still have two years to go, you are still early in your path.

But you should try to look for an internship during your holidays in your second year at least. The internship helps you understand better what the working world is like. If it is a good internship, you might even be given a project that you can work on that helps the company. That will teach you a few other important things that you will need in your working life, e.g. the importance of deadlines, reporting what you do, and delivering results that meet expectations. If they don't give you a project, suggest one to them.

I studied overseas and I can tell you that almost 100% of the students at my university went looking for internships in their second year and then again in their third (final) year. Often, they would get a job offer from their third year internship which they would go to when they graduated. The second year internship was sometimes in something they ended up working in; for example, they would go to work in finance in their 2nd year and a second finance internship in their 3rd year and end up working in finance. But, sometimes, you would get people who do something totally different in their 2nd year internship and that was OK too.

I don't think this is so common in Malaysia but, again, the idea here is not to do "common" things but to do things that make you stand out in a positive way.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:51 AM