Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Langkawi V3

views

etigge
post Apr 30 2012, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
295 posts

QUOTE(WintersuN @ Apr 30 2012, 10:17 AM)
wow lobster haha

dat cost a bom..

for 2 ppl I think cant fninish so many..

If order lobster, scallop and fish need to specify how to cook or they will cook their style?
If you are in Kuah, try Wan Thai Restaurant in P'siaran Bunga Raya. thumbup.gif Or 'nasi campur' style, go to Sinaran Restoren in front of Bank Rakyat near the duty free commercial area of Pandak Mayah. For Sinaran , go before 12 noon else all will be sold out!
etigge
post Apr 30 2012, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
295 posts

QUOTE(WintersuN @ Apr 30 2012, 10:56 AM)
Im there for 2 days so maybe when reach I will try the restoran u mention. Its nasi goreng/ nasi kandar style? Then next day lunch wat u rekomen?

Night maybe i will try samlee rekomen seafood. From earlier post i read is orkid seafood rite? Im very little order seafood. Is it just ask them rekomen how to cook thne htey will cook their special style? If got menu easier la but i think most seafood dun haf menu 1
Wan Thai is a Malay Thai restaurant and their speciality is off course tomyam koong (recommmended) and also ikan kengsom jenahak (very recommended) and many other Thai food. The cooks are Pattani cooks and very authentic Thai food unlike those found here in KL. They have many other dishes, you can ask for the menu and as mentioned earlier Sinaran Restoren is a nasi campur kind of eatery. Not that I don't recommend chinese food but most chinese food there is ' outa ' ones, especially breakfast and lunch. The locals cooks differently (you will definately complain and those who moved there from mainland are those who cannot make it back home, so go figure). Unless you have stayed there for 13 years you won't get used to it, ha,ha.

As for good chinese food you can find them at night and worth mentioning is Yu Loong Restoren, Orchid Restoren (at night in Kuah) and also to a small extent Wonderland. Teo Seafood is also good if you don't mind kena cut throat a bit. Remember to always try the prawns in Langkawi. They are super fresh and nice! Also ask for grouper (koay kao) or jenahak (ang choh) and specify those which is fished from the sea and not cultured in cages. If you know them, there are fishermen who still used hook and line for fishing and these are the best fish.
etigge
post May 19 2012, 06:17 AM

Getting Started
295 posts

QUOTE(aboo @ May 18 2012, 04:46 PM)
hi, how long is the ferry ride from:
kuala kedah - kuah?
kuala perlis - kuah?

and also how much further is kuala perlis compared to kuala kedah if driving from KL?.

thnx in advance
Kuala Kedah - Langkawi, now takes about 2 hours including the docking and embarking. (sitting upright in a tight space)
Kuala Perlis - Langkawi, now takes about 1 hour 20 minutes. Fare is cheaper too.

Problem is, the drive from Alor Setar to Kuala Perlis will take another 45 minutes through small roads with canals on both sides. But I still prefer boat rides from Kula Perlis as it is calmer because when it is windy, waves from Kuala Kedah to Langkawi can be quite rough!
etigge
post Apr 30 2013, 09:20 AM

Getting Started
295 posts

QUOTE(davidlow7 @ Apr 30 2013, 08:13 AM)
Anyone can assist on this question?

Are those car rental service booths at airport will still be operating???

I will need to rent a car to head to my hotel.
As long as there are flights coming in, there will be a few still lingering around. It will be slightly higher priced though, depending on how many operators are there. Worse comes to worse, take a taxi to your hotel first lorrr. Rent the car the next day! icon_rolleyes.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:43 PM