Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V15, Free Installation / Super Speed ME promo

views

jolmy
post Mar 30 2012, 11:22 AM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(unknown_2 @ Mar 30 2012, 10:58 AM)
as stated, 60GB
up + down
A better way to implement cap, should TM implement in future is to implement only on bandwidth-hungry applications, such as P2P file sharing, say after reaching a certain quota, bandwidth for P2P will be throttled.

Normal HTTP/HTTPS web browsing should be spared from the cap.

Even for YouTube videos, cap should NOT be implemented. After all, TM does cache YouTube FLV files on a local server, and this would save on international bandwidth.
jolmy
post Mar 30 2012, 11:30 AM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(unknown_2 @ Mar 30 2012, 11:24 AM)
& utube is on IPTV anyway, which is uncapped.
but quality is crap.
It seems that the YouTube on IPTV is only loading the 360p quality videos, not even 720p when it is available. Anyway, the YouTube app on IPTV is still crappy, some videos just won't load at all. After all, its still in beta. Hopefully they iron out the issues soon.
jolmy
post Mar 30 2012, 11:41 AM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(unknown_2 @ Mar 30 2012, 11:35 AM)
the issue bothers me the most is it will stop loading & hang half way.

i'll hav no choice but to restart the video, & skip to the part i wan.
which is also pinful process coz the GUI & response is just so outdated & laggy.
I have experienced that once. BUt the one I am facing is mostly videos that will not load, and that the STB hangs when exiting YouTube, unresponsive and the only way is to power off & on the unit again.
jolmy
post Mar 31 2012, 04:07 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Eisenmeteor @ Mar 31 2012, 02:48 PM)
Im staying in a condo..so i were to get unifi,they still gonna install some fibre cable? Dont really get it about the VDSL2 stuff
Another thing to note, TM actually uses fiber to the MDF Room. From there, it uses existing copper wire cabling to your unit, to connect to the BTU. This is called Fiber-to-the-Building (FTTB) instead of Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH).
jolmy
post Mar 31 2012, 05:47 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Eisenmeteor @ Mar 31 2012, 05:29 PM)
So that would mean that the installation's not gonna involve drilling and stuff eh since its just plug to tel line like streamyx? Im staying on the 27th floor..so theyre gonna do FTTB I reckon..
Yes, no drilling. They will go to MDF room and set the jumper to connect your telephone line to the appropriate port at the MSAN for UniFi service. Once that is done, they will come to your unit and plug in the BTU to the phone socket on the wall, and perform the necessary configurations & tests. It should be done in less than 30 minutes.
jolmy
post Mar 31 2012, 06:19 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Eisenmeteor @ Mar 31 2012, 06:01 PM)
Good to hear that,but since the IPTV box thing must be plugged into the tv so have to get some cable also right if the tel line is not near the tv side..
In my case, I use a 5m Cat5e Ethernet cable and fasten it using removable adhesive to the floor-wall corner since the location of the router & TV is just several metres apart.

But if in your case it is not feasible to do so, then get a pair of Powerline adapters to connect them.
jolmy
post Apr 1 2012, 06:03 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Eisenmeteor @ Apr 1 2012, 11:48 AM)
By Powerline u mean like the Aztech Homeplug?
Aztech is not the only available-brand of Homeplugs. There are many others, including from TP-Link, Belkin, D-Link, etc.
jolmy
post Apr 1 2012, 07:54 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(rattan @ Apr 1 2012, 06:21 PM)
You are absolutely correct. But AZTECH is the main brand people opt for. Marketing tricks really worked for them.  biggrin.gif
I also noticed Aztech Homeplugs are among the cheapest in the market, compared to other brands like TP-Link & D-Link.
jolmy
post Apr 3 2012, 12:08 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(rattan @ Apr 3 2012, 11:34 AM)
nothing there actually.. cant do anything with the password
The UniFi technician actually told me, the user account has been fixed to the assigned port, so using the UniFi account on another place will NOT work.
jolmy
post Apr 3 2012, 09:35 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(chenster @ Apr 3 2012, 03:22 PM)
anyone of u happen to know any plans that TM will have an agreement with astro like the one between time+astro offering now?

I heard from a source that they are coming soon as well..
If it is true, I prefer if rather than forcing you to subscribe based on Astro's packaged subscription, allow some flexibility for TM UniFi customers to subscribe Astro channels on a per-channel basis just like what we have on HyppTV now.
jolmy
post Apr 4 2012, 12:23 AM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(bijanto @ Apr 3 2012, 11:48 PM)
anyone in puchong area having connection issue? or is it just me?
the line keep disconnecting since yesterday and i'm reaching my boiling point... mad.gif
Fiber or VDSL2 (copper)?
What kind of disconnection? the PPPoE disconnection or what?
jolmy
post Apr 5 2012, 12:19 AM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(wongsf @ Apr 4 2012, 11:26 PM)
BTU got lifetime warranty,  other equiptment one year.
The wireless router, DECT phone & STB belongs to customer anyway, but NOT the BTU, it belongs to TM, so they have to support you as long as you are a subscriber.
jolmy
post Apr 5 2012, 05:12 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Angel of Deth @ Apr 5 2012, 04:27 PM)
Yesterday, can't connect to HyppTV at all. I woke up at 1 AM to watch Central Affairs II, but wasted my precious sleeping time; 30 minutes spent try to troubleshoot. I thought something wrong with my internet connection, but today all went back to normal. Hopefully today midnight no such problem.
yesterday midnight till 6am this morning TM doing some upgrading to HyppTV. Saw the announcement on the marquee on top of the TV screen last night.
jolmy
post Apr 5 2012, 09:10 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(debbierowe @ Apr 5 2012, 07:33 PM)
anyone using TP-Link TL-WR1043ND?

... now i setup the router... i can connect to the internet via Ethernet

but when wireless it gives me limited connectivity and i cant even go into the router via wireless (or anything google etc) help... sad.gif

what when wrong...
Have you tried connecting via wireless using another device (such as another PC/laptop or your tablet/smartphone)? Can you connect & access?

Did you perhaps set static IP on your PC/laptop wireless adaptor IP config and forgot to remove it?
jolmy
post Apr 6 2012, 10:22 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(b8kgytx @ Apr 6 2012, 07:24 PM)
Hi

Currently i'm on the old streamyx package where my phone bill and internet bill is separate.

If i upgrade to unifi, can i keep my existing phone number in Unifi without using copper line ?

Thanks
I don't think so. The VoIP lines numbers are of different series.

E.g. those under TTDI exchange normally have numbers like 03-771x xxxx and 03-772x xxxx, but the UniFi VoIP numbers here are 03-773x xxxx.
jolmy
post Apr 7 2012, 09:04 AM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(b8kgytx @ Apr 7 2012, 03:17 AM)
Yup, exactly i'm staying in TTDI with phone number 03-772x xxxx... so i'll have to make Plan B..

Thanks
By the way, if you subscribe online, you can choose your preferred phone number (last 4 digits) subject to availability. Not sure if you can do so if you subscribe via TMpoint or agents. Maybe rattan can help?
jolmy
post Apr 7 2012, 07:28 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(afif95 @ Apr 7 2012, 04:37 PM)
1) What's the login for the D-Link router? Wanna change my WiFi password...
2) Is there a monthly limit imposed? Last time the promoter came by my neighbourhood, he said that TM is not imposing a limit yet.
1) user: operator, password: h566UniFi
2) not at the moment.
jolmy
post Apr 7 2012, 10:16 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(afif95 @ Apr 7 2012, 10:06 PM)
1)Incorrect login/password. Guess I gotta call 100 tomorrow. Thanks anyway! biggrin.gif
So it looks like TM has changed the operator password after it is so well-known? Anyone knows that is the new operator password now?
jolmy
post Apr 8 2012, 02:59 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(rattan @ Apr 8 2012, 02:42 PM)
Guess SSID can be managed ? For instance 1 SSID is protected with password and guess ssid is not protected but set a limit on bandwidth that will be allocated to the guess ssid. Possible ?  hmm.gif
It's still wise to protect the guest SSID with a WPA2-PSK passphrase with AES encryption. You'll never want any unwanted guests using your Internet connection via your WiFi, perhaps to commit crime...
jolmy
post Apr 9 2012, 01:50 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Drnurulsyakirin @ Apr 9 2012, 12:00 PM)
I have this issue as well. The youtube video on interactive channel will freeze after 30-40 minutes ++. No issue on video less than 30 minutes. Even after restarting the video and skip to the part that frooze, it still can not load ( keep buffering). Is this some sort like capping issues ( since it happen to video more thant 30 mins length)? Contacted the unifi service centre,although they admit that youtube service is at trial stage they still filed my report but till now, still the same. Apparently they are more interested on closing the complain. For instance, after 3x fail to contact me over the phone within 2 hrs, they close the complain. Need to complain again, then they call me when I was not home and they close the complain again after I said I was not able to verify whether the problem still persist or not after they some config setting and today I have to lodge a new complain again and they promised will send technician to the site. I am on VIP 5 and today is my 22nd day of subscription  tongue.gif
sounds like these guys closing the complaint so that they can meet their KPI!!!

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0329sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:56 PM