Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Power Tool] Screw driving, Tool for driving screw, nut and bolt....

views

ozak
post May 2 2016, 10:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(JinXXX @ May 2 2016, 09:39 PM)
explorer ??

no la jalan jalan survey survey , touch touch
Explorer is an outdoor shop. This is the main from few branch if not mistaken.

Thought you want to get some Bosch tools since you mention here.
JinXXX
post May 4 2016, 10:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ May 2 2016, 10:00 PM)
I don't know what you want to cut actually, but I share what type of power tools I have in hand :
Dremel 400 6/128, got it at rm750 and now rm900 at least, useful to cut MDF, light metals, setback is you still need to buy some other accessories that fit your needs.
Bosch GSB1080-2LI, got this as I need to make subwoofer enclosure, getting impact function is just in case I need to make a hole on the wall.
Bosch angle grinder with variable speed, can use for grinding cutting and polishing my car.
Angle grinder stand, attach the grinder to be a pipe cutter, max height is 1.5".
When getting wired power tools, you need to DIY own extension cable, where you can grind or cut on the road side rather in the car porch thumbsup.gif
thanks for sharing.. no circular saw ?smile.gif time to expand your collection of tools

QUOTE(ozak @ May 2 2016, 10:02 PM)
Explorer is an outdoor shop. This is the main from few branch if not mistaken.

Thought you want to get some Bosch tools since you mention here.
need survey survey first ma
SUSsupersound
post May 4 2016, 11:07 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(JinXXX @ May 4 2016, 10:59 PM)
thanks for sharing.. no circular saw ?smile.gif time to expand your collection of tools
Not at the moment since Dremel cover straight and round cuts thumbsup.gif
ozak
post May 5 2016, 09:16 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(JinXXX @ May 4 2016, 10:59 PM)
The best is wait till you have some project than buy.

Otherwise it is Infiniti to think it.

Unless you have money to spend. Treat is as power tools collection.
weikee
post May 5 2016, 09:26 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ May 5 2016, 09:16 AM)
The best is wait till you have some project than buy.

Otherwise it is Infiniti to think it.

Unless you have money to spend. Treat is as power tools collection.
Start with small collection : ) maybe few items below first

- Compressor,
- air gun,
- air pump,
- rotary drill,
- angle cutter,
- jigsaw
- Sander

ozak
post May 5 2016, 09:30 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ May 5 2016, 09:26 AM)
Start with small collection : ) maybe few items below first

- Compressor,
- air gun,
- air pump,
- rotary drill,
- angle cutter, 
- jigsaw
- Sander
Sound like you have all the above. thumbsup.gif

Why you need a air gun and air pump?
weikee
post May 5 2016, 09:53 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ May 5 2016, 09:30 AM)
Sound like you have all the above. thumbsup.gif

Why you need a air gun and air pump?
For nailing smile.gif
weikee
post May 5 2016, 09:54 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

And I only have 2 of what i mention. Others just a "want list"
peter32
post May 12 2016, 12:28 AM

心旷神怡
1,154 posts

QUOTE(JinXXX @ May 1 2016, 11:25 AM)
hey guys want to ask opinion..

which one is a better buy, combo tools

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

or

difference is between the jigsaw/circular saw...

power upgrade can upgrade batt to 2amp/h or 4amp/h

or should i get the circular saw version then get this, what i'm trying to do is get the most "complete" versatile set of tools/combination that i can use to DIY everything/anything

My take is:

If you are into wood working, you will need something to perform precision cut. Being a new DIY'er myself, I found the following tools very very important:

1. Circular saw - corded type, because they are more powerful, so able to have higher speed for clean cut. This is very important for straight line cut.

2. Jigsaw, perhaps the one with 10.8V like you mentioned. I happened to have one such cordless jigsaw to make occasional curve cut.

3. For cordless impact drill, the one you just showed is not that useful. I would think you should look at the GSB 10.8V impact drill, for versatility. This unit will share the same 10.8V bosch battery system.

4. I strongly recommend a sliding Mitre Saw ! The cheapest one is by Skil which cost about RM800 or less ! Sliding saw can make really long cut, almost to about 11 inches long. If you have a passion for woodwork for a long haul, this will be one of the best powertool you can dream to get really. It makes perfect precision cut in all angle. And that really matters in wood work .

5. Multicutter - I have no experience in using one, but its almost certain to be able to make a cut in odd angle, but I am rather sure its not going to be a precise cut.

ps: pls avoid GSR bosch which was only meant to be just a screw driver. If money permit, go get a fabulous Impact driver, which uses the same 10.8V battery system. Solo unit without the battery can go as far as RM500+ per unit. I think its not compulsary but its great for screw driving ! I have one and I can tell you that I now use only this for screw driving in all circumstances.

yushin
post May 30 2016, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,311 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ May 1 2016, 12:19 PM)
What is your budget and use? The cheapest is from China "aeroplane"  brand.  But my experience tell me yo stay out if it. Almost got myself killed.
Walao so serius? Can share the story?
weikee
post May 30 2016, 05:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(yushin @ May 30 2016, 04:44 PM)
Walao so serius? Can share the story?
Imagine the drill head break and one of the broken piece just fly pass your neck with some minor cut smile.gif
weikee
post May 30 2016, 05:22 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Oh, another experience was not to bad, I fry the motor and the spark just shock my hand. When you drill, you old one hand near the motor and the spark just "wake you up" It was only a 10mins non stop drilling. Lucky the ELCB trip.
yushin
post May 30 2016, 05:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,311 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ May 30 2016, 05:22 PM)
Oh, another experience was not to bad, I fry the motor and the spark just shock my hand.  When you drill, you old one hand near the motor and the spark just "wake you up"  It was only a 10mins non stop drilling.  Lucky the ELCB trip.
Wah... I guess a battery powered drill would be safer in this case. At least it won't cause electric shock if accidentally drill through a water pipe.
g r a p e k e y
post Mar 12 2017, 12:37 AM

Casual
483 posts

Interesting thread! My dad would be so glad to discover this thread on drilling. He likes to build stuffs and we have a garage full of hardware tools. Someone asked about coolant. The thing about lubricating your drill bits, my dad would not recommend to spray oil on the table because he don't feel like getting oil all over the place with a WD40. So again worst case just have water. Water is easily dried I mean get a towel whatever. This will reduce friction.
ozak
post Mar 12 2017, 10:13 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Mar 12 2017, 12:37 AM)
Interesting thread! My dad would be so glad to discover this thread on drilling. He likes to build stuffs and we have a garage full of hardware tools. Someone asked about coolant. The thing about lubricating your drill bits, my dad would not recommend to spray oil on the table because he don't feel like getting oil all over the place with a WD40. So again worst case just have water. Water is easily dried I mean get a towel whatever. This will reduce friction.
WD40 is not suitable for lubricant. It is a last minute item incase don't have.

Water will cause your tools and works rust. A headache maintainance.

Get a proper drilling/tapping lubricant. It is available in hardware shop and ACE.

There is famous Tapmatic Cutting Fluid brand come in 500ml can size. Very good for drilling and tapping.
brapa?
post Nov 9 2017, 04:34 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

Want to get a rotary drill but 500+ is not cheap. Besides makita & bosch, r there reliable cheap brands ?

If china brands ok ? The dongcheng looks exactly like a bosch biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by brapa?: Nov 9 2017, 04:35 PM

29 Pages « < 27 28 29Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0281sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:24 PM