Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Eczema treatment

views

cocaineEater
post Jan 21 2012, 12:05 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

hey i suffer from eczema too, esp my lips that is really a nightmare man! i cant use any lipstick/lipgloss...even lip balm I can only use Avene. well I've consulted a few docs even the famous doctor Ranjit in ss15..he gimme steroid cream (it works but i dun wan to keep relying on this..) oh well there is no cure for eczema but you can try taking Olivenol Plus Essence a pharmacist shared her experience and she recommended this to me (she herself suffering frm eczema too) It's a natural remedy, so I love it..the benefits are not just for skin (reduce skin inflammation), but also for health. I ran out of this, gonna replenish it real soon x__X at least i can keep my eczema under control nw.

This post has been edited by cocaineEater: Jan 21 2012, 12:05 AM
cocaineEater
post Jan 21 2012, 01:53 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(khtan2000 @ Jan 21 2012, 01:20 AM)
im a sufferer myself been like since primary till working age (>15 years). typically you can only suppress eczema, it will come back on and off when you got something to trigger it (seafood intake, allergens etc).

So far I tried for bathing : Oilatium plus (soak or soap type), polytar (soap), moogoo soap (some australian brand for eczema) and cetaphil.

oilment : those moisturizer cream when skin is dry, if skin is weeping and damage(reddish) due to scratch (fucicort @steroid based) and elomet @steroid based for reddish and inflamed skin. Not advisable to keep using steroid cream as they will cause some pigmentation (applied area will have diff colour, mine was whiter), fast healing but as ppl say, steroids is not good in long run.)

Also tried the fast method, checking to hospital under dermatologist monitoring, daily intake of oral steroids, soaking with oilatium plus, steroid cream(3x perday) and bandage the affected area preventing the cream from being rubbed off, around 1-1.5 weeks will clear all the eczema spots. Downside, only last for sometime before eczema flares up again.

surprisingly mine was triggered in humid condition and if sweat alot + dust. During my stay in aus, hardly get any eczema flaring up, once reach malaysia, within a month or 2 already started back.

nowadays i just live with it, when it goes real bad then only will use steroid cream to control it.  Also eating olivenol plus tablets. So far only affect mostly leg now.

you can try doing patch test(they put some stuff/chemical(those you're in contact daily) on the skin and stick it for one week on your back) to see which things you're allergic to and blood test for those food stuff and other things.
oh my rclxub.gif I oso doin my best to suppress eczema.. YES!! olivenol plus, i am taking that too *hi 5*
cocaineEater
post Jan 22 2012, 10:13 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(khtan2000 @ Jan 21 2012, 10:15 PM)
icon_rolleyes.gif  did it have any effect on your eczema?

need to take it daily though, but usually I missed eating them on daily basis, hard to keep to schedule  whistling.gif
erm it helps a lil XD i take once a day and sometimes i forgot o.o

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0307sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:18 AM