Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sports Football Manager 2012 Tactics Unleashed, Attributes explained?Turn it into act!

views

TSJedi
post Nov 22 2011, 09:36 PM, updated 12y ago

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

Hi guys, on the version FM 2011 thread : http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1632620 I shared with u all about attributes of players(derived from SI forum for the pleasure of our lowyat FM fans). Now is the time to share about tactics.

I know everyone has their own flavour, just as in Star Wars you have Jedis who prefer defensive (soresu) aka Obi Wan, u have anakin who prefers Shiem/Djem So (attack and defense balance), u have Mace Windu who prefers vaapad (gung-ho).

In football The Force....exists.
Nothing is impossible. Adidas said so. I will implement what they say.
However it is called by different terms from star wars universe,
Soresu: park the tank (10 player behind the ball like wat F.Capello did to spain last week on friendly eng vs spa), park the bus (compact the box)
Shiem: Total Football Djem So: Tiki-Taka icon_rolleyes.gif
Vaapad: Joga Bonito

TIKI-TAKA - renders Cantenaccio into subzero temperature.

so what is the difference between total football and tiki-taka? youtube and google will give the ans and videos solution.
mainly Total Football is introduced to world stage by dutch players (most prevalent: Johan Cruyff) during their prime, where players retain ball possession while defenders inter switch with strikers and midfielders' roles to attack and defence simultaneously in order to confuse opponents who man mark.

Renu Michels' Ajax destroyed Italian Inter Giant in the 70s 6-0 5-0 with the brand new at the time, total football. Inter responds with Double marking system, which failed until today. since 2006 Fifa World Cup over..

Have u watched Bourne Identity? Supremacy?

Tiki-Taka introduced by Guardiola is the Treadstone upgrade equivalent from Total Football. Because Total Football tires players easily to inter switch and roam the field. Barcelona plays a passing football never seen before, retaining possession while waiting for opposition to open up spaces , make mistakes or tire up.

Guardiola was a player under Cruyff, if u not yet know. Cruyff introduced the pioneer of the play to Barcelona, set up the La Masia academy (barcelonas youth academy that produces Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, G.Amor, Pique, Puyol, Reina lalala), and Guardiola was slow during his career, so he thought of this method, implemented it and made Barcelona a disciplined squad , already inherited from Riijkaards attacking flair squad. Party boopers like Etoo Ronaldinho left as a result.

Watch this:

I want to play beautiful football, I dont mind sitting there staring at my cheapsy turned Solomon P.Ferreira passing back and forth and frustrate opponents instead of the cross smash and slide to celebrate 2 minute Citeh-Mancini style, or to better say, soccer built for YouTube and Shebby Singh reports, Ten-second chunks of absolute brilliance but clumsy and unorganised throughout depending on only Y.Toure/D.Silva for playmaking, or the german blitzkrieg to get goals like i used to, without actually controlling the game, defenders clearing balls to safety and waiting for highlights of my counter attacks.

Question is: can it be done? yes, but with tactics creator I get nowhere near the real life (maybe u can!)

KEY THINGS
Possession

Barcelona have averaged 73.4% possession in their league matches this season, where the next highest by a side in La Liga is 57.0% at Valencia, and the next highest in Europe’s top five leagues is Bayern Munich with 61.5%. In the Champions League this average goes up to 74.3%, with Bayern once more in second place on 62.3%.'

Xavi , A Midfield Schemer in Tiki-Taka's passing statistics

March 31, 2010 Arsenal v Barcelona: 95 - successful passes
April 6, 2010 Barcelona v Arsenal: 105 - successful passes
April 20, 2010 Inter v Barcelona: 93 - successful passes
May 28 Barcelona v MAN UTD: 142 - successful passes
November 24 Panathinaikos Barcelona: 105 - successful passes
November 2 Copenhagen 1-1 Barcelona: 98 - successful passes

in FM, if settings are done correctly, While its impossible to achieve 142 passes, the nearest replication should allow u against a lower par opponent, with 60-80 against normal opponents
user posted image

THINGS IN TIKI-TAKA A MUST HAVE (Can be done in FM)

Right Formation
Barcelona’s players if you notice, occupy spaces evenly across the field,providing Barca many more passing options whilst formulating an attack making it so effective. eg: Busquets sits just behind play-makers Andreas Iniesta and Xavi whilst guarding his side’s back 4 and wingers Pedro , Alexis Sanchez and David Villa (who obviously is unhappy now in Barca to play second fiddle) occupy either flank in an attacking midfield position leaving Lionel Messi to fight it out alone up top. 4-3-3, 3-4-3 should defenders got injured, doest matter, as long as u retain possesion heck i even played 4-1-5 with my team and won comfortably!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Press when you have possession
Most teams cautiously play by withdrawing when opposition midfielders/defenders win back and recycle possession, Barcelona tend to do the exact opposite and push deeper up the pitch exerting even more pressure in an attempt to win the ball straight back.

in FM, close down opponents at full bar for your strikers wingers midfielders, except defensive midfield, defenders and wing backs

Utilise ‘Fake Number 9′ role
‘withdrawn number 9′ is key to Barcelona’s attack. First employed in El Classico against R.Madrid, Barcelona won 6-2 to effectiviness of this by Lionel Messi. The term ‘fake number 9′ describes ghosting in and out of a fake number 9 strikers role to exploit Defenders Man-Marking and Closing Down, creating spaces behind while he carries the ball.

in FM, a team’s centre forward needs to be very technical in this area, meaning good off the ball, technique, balance to hold up the ball, while drifting markers away, creating spaces for others. The replay matches i uploaded had some goals done effectively through this replication.

TeamWork and Discipline
-from wiki,
When Guardiola (as Barcelona B manager while Riijkard in charge of first team) re-organised the reserve side, he set up a three-staged program to formalise the advancement from Juvenil to Barcelona B and finally to the first team. The first stage of a youth player's career involves a rotation scheme with Barcelona B. The second stage involves making the player aware of his importance to the team, and expects the player to improve cohesion and performance within the reserve side. In the last stage, he is designated a "key" player of the B team and might be called to the first team. One of the players in the third phase is made captain, regardless of the experience of older players.
An aspect of Barcelonas youth academy La Masia is its marked catalan national character—local talent in the service of a club with a strong, defining sense of the cultural make-up of Catalonia.[28] The supporters often prefer locally-developed players to foreign players if the players are equally talented. In this way, the emphasis on homegrown talent concurs with UEFA's attempts to curb the influx of foreign players in clubs.[28] The head of UEFA, Michel Platini said: "Barcelona represent my philosophy, not only for the game, but also for the training of athletes".

in FM, focus on team blend, WEED OUT any players who disrupt team harmony, be a ferguson. Its MY way, or the highway. Let go of even key players who has the wrong attitude, decreasing team morale, wanting to transfer clubs. Set priority of match prep to 'Very High' in pre-season especially.

Weaknesses:
Waterlogged pitch (poor pitch condition), opponents play Park the Tank like Capello

While Chelsea play Barcelona when Mourinho was in charge, they purposely do not cut the grass of StamFord Bridge, it disrupted Barcelonas passing play, while Chelsea play a direct passing game and won the game and progress through the champions league quater final/semi
Mourinho devised another plan while with Inter, won against Barcelona when they close down and tight mark on both wing backs (key to Barcelona retain possession and confuse markers as to allow spaces for messi), as long as they won the ball, fast moving wingers grab, cut in, supply striker and score on counter-attack.

Park the tank is quite obvious, Capello said before if they have the ball , its ok. As long as they cannot do anything with the ball. (limit spaces) rigid play

Feel free to share and upload your tactics here, any inspiration or stories behind on why u like it , will be welcome! wub.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Tiki-Taka is taken to a new level after some minor tweaks to suit my own players, instead of following the real barcelona as my players as not as, technically as good.

Basically tiki-taka works in teams, when u have decent passers, creativity, decisions, positioning. It works on my cheap team .. still tweaking

I will share my tactics once u guys think it is very barcelona enough. Its only good to give the best to people aint it? Be patient!

to compare my match , pls watch the youtube video above if u have no idea how barcelona plays.

i will upload a video highlight, u all can watch and feel free to comment, criticise about it, to see if it really resembles barcelona. The objective is to make the tactic is Barcelona as possible. We are to replicate Barcelona.
BELOW is the download

Things to take note of:
What i have is a playmaker (Josue)
1) get the ball (you know already where your team-mates are and where they might run to; you know where your opponents are too)
2) control it instantly
3) shield the ball from your opponent (if you have to)
4) pass it to a team-mate, usually on the ground
5) find space, asking for the ball back if necessary
5) Repeat until AMC or ST (my team G.Pandev as Left Striker, Dan Cooper turned Rabello as injured by FCP vmad.gif as RAMC to replicate messis Withdrawn no 9 role) gets the ball

*Drawing man markers to the player while creating spaces for other people to run is very important. That is when opponents make mistakes, also comes this is free roaming of your own players to confuse markers

-Barcelona , when loose the ball, try to get it back as fast as possible. ...notice any barcelona play, on the opponents half, messi villa and iniesta, pedro, all closes down their opponent defenders, so that they only get 30m to run to goal when win back the ball, instead of waiting for defenders like the usual case to sweep, 70m and to restart another attack, which is my fav team Man Utd's demise, and SAF never learn from mistakes-
as a result, in my video , as close to barcelona as i can get,
Two goals from G. Pandev are by closing down and win the ball and score

The Porto team still has hulk with them, considering their key players are still intact, it is a success that i can pin down their attack and render them to just, long range predictable shots

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TACTICS TO DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW

I bet you will love it 100% like you are watching the champions league final 2011 MU vs Barca, if not, send me ur house address, i will buy you FM 2013 for free

-JeffDom is tiki-taka using Tactics Creator
-Jeff Angel is tiki-taka classic

-I recommend u try them both because I need feedbacks as FM use a new system to calculate projections and probablities with the Tactics creator, once u use it, i hope u will like it and stick to it, match preparation do set to highest for pre-season to get max effect

Slow Tempo, Short Passing, Zonal Marking, Tight Marking, Roam from Position are key of Tiki-Taka

feel free to tweak it to suit your own players smile.gif feedback is much much appreciated
set pieces for barcelona are all short, easy to make
I would be happy if any one interested in experimenting to replicate Barceona's tactic, using tactics creator to better effect smile.gif and share it here

Shouts during a play (optional)

Shorter Passing

Greater Creative Freedom

Zonal Marking

Heavier Pressing

Normal Tackling

More Roaming

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who are used to see Highlights of a game of a short 30 sec clips of You-Tube style Fast FAst Fast counter and cross or pass and shoot, the Blitzkreig, please remember, in tiki-taka
It is just......
More than just a player role

How many of you select a player’s role to suit his attributes?
Picking one role to get the best out of a single star will not have the same effect as picking 11 roles to form a team unit.
For instance, I’m sure Pedro and Villa of Barcelona would prefer to be played as the lone striker, but Guardiola sees them as instrumental to a bigger picture. They both tend to start out wide in order to offer their threat from the wings cutting inside and causing havoc. Add to this the fact that Barcelona’s formation can transform into a three man attack and you’ll see Pep’s thought process.

The same can be said for a central midfield three; the roles you hand out in midfield can transform a good tactic into an incredible one. And the beauty is all these roles should vary depending on your style of play. For instance, if you like to play a more direct style within a 4-5-1 formation, you’d be best organising your players into three categories, defensive, attacking and supporting. A poacher works well upfront so he can chase long looping passes and also wingers as opposed to wide midfielders to dart down the flanks. Your midfield three should be assigned three different roles, all to cover the previously mentioned categories and therefore each phase of play.

Now what happens if we switch this more defensive and direct 4-5-1 into a more fluid and attacking tactic with short possession play? Well I wouldn’t recommend keeping the same player roles; in fact I’d change almost all of them. Remember with a direct and more defensive tactic you have little creativity to force an opening so instead find the team making long searching passes and therefore stretching the game. When you switch to a possession orientated tactic these roles should be adjusted to bring players closer together and therefore offer passing options within every phase of play. There’s no point in playing a short passing style if your players are separated like in the direct style mentioned above because part of keeping possession is having options to pass the ball.

Players that you should not sign:
Egoistic Selfish Players with Low Work Rate : C Ronaldo, Adebayor
Problematic Players who disrupt team harmony : C Tevez
Players who curl and cross to bend it like Beckham : G Bale, A Young
Strikers who does not run, who has no knack for goals, knack for goals but lazy poachers : E Heskey, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, D Berbatov

Players stats to look for when buying for tiki-taka
+creativity
+flair
+Acceleration and Pace for strikers
+Acceleration for full backs
+Decisions
+First Touch
+Agility
++Anticipation
++Passing
++Technique
++First Touch
++Off The Ball
++Work Rate

--Crossing
--Long Shots
--Jumping

This post has been edited by Jedi: Dec 5 2011, 07:34 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  FCP_v_P._Ferreira_3.zip ( 20.43k ) Number of downloads: 2727
Attached File  TC_JeffDom__Man_Utd__Jun_2014_.zip ( 641bytes ) Number of downloads: 2141
Attached File  Jeff_s_Angel_Tic_Tac__Man_Utd__Aug_2014_.zip ( 632bytes ) Number of downloads: 2143
TSJedi
post Nov 22 2011, 11:26 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

This is the latest match about the tactics' effect.
I will check back this thread tomorrow and update it from time to time.

I can still lose... cry.gif despite playing good football, so...
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/pf...tatsmatchs.png/

This post has been edited by Jedi: Nov 22 2011, 11:46 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  P._Ferreira_v_Braga.zip ( 20.03k ) Number of downloads: 473
TSJedi
post Nov 25 2011, 04:10 AM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(kurtkantoi @ Nov 24 2011, 02:43 PM)
Nice one Jedi. This tactic can only be implement with 'right' player is it? Its really hard to find a group of players that have decent passing, creativity, decision, and positioning but still cheap. No?
Any player, as long as they have passing, decision, positioning in general. U dont need to be barcelona to play liike barcelona, i have shown the clips above that a bottom club can made it to the top by playing like barcelona. (of course taking into consideration u have read through the attributes explained for general tactics info, a proper training schedule to train ur players and good coaches to train them in preffered moves - play one twos, short simple pass)
Passing, Decisions, Off the ball for attackers
Passing, Decisions, finishing and acceleration+pace for the withdrawn no 9 role

as long as the whole team has good passing, it means u will be xavi of the game. U are holding the ball at your feet, anything can happen, to waste time, attack or defend.

QUOTE(Clerks @ Nov 24 2011, 08:31 PM)
Did you tweak your player instructions individualy?
yes, this is very much needed. I will write a full article and update the first page in the weekend smile.gif its too tiring and busy on weekdays sorry guys
TSJedi
post Nov 25 2011, 06:05 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

Highest Ball Possession recorded so far, with 5 attackers flex.gif
of course, I dare , only against lower clubs with sure win, where their slow defenders chasing ghosts (joy to watch actually)

Tactics shared for download:refer first post

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
TSJedi
post Dec 2 2011, 08:56 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

can replicate in FM 2011 too, no problem, or import vice versa
TSJedi
post Dec 3 2011, 02:03 AM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

super slow, two bars from the start (if by bar count)

ur job is to tire the defenders who run at u, closing down at u, while pass the ball around.
TSJedi
post Dec 4 2011, 02:23 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

Hi guys, i uploaded a new repolished tiki-taka (classic)
Sinnofire, use it too. we can prepare up to 3 tactics anyway

in tiki-taka there is no plan B, stick to it, and stick to it forever.

however change it acc to ur own plan, 3-4-3, 4-1-2-3, 4-1-2-2-1 , its up to u for the 3rd tactic. I bet u will like it! 100% guaranteed
TSJedi
post Dec 4 2011, 07:40 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

well, better to have than not to have isnt it? if u have, then ur strikers have more chance of scoring, as i said, u need really technical players to play in this formation. Fast strikers are good especially on the counter (defending corners or free-kicks). I personally have Javier Hernandez, Benzema for that purpose and occasionally they do score on the break like that, *forward all the time in defending set-pieces*

tactics must be set to suit your own players, the ones i uploaded suit Man Utd of post-Fergie era *but with fergie players* - if u have a striker with good creativity, u should boost 2 bar up for example. wink.gif we just want the barcelona style, but not to follow strictly eg: messi dribble cuts inside and score. U can have your own passing passing create space and score moments. As long as u feel like u are watching barcelona plays, thumbup.gif

Added on December 4, 2011, 11:25 pm
QUOTE(anechoic @ Dec 4 2011, 03:07 PM)
how about players speed? need fast players?
IRL, the question could be posed to chelsea now. in the game, I trust u have better coaching skills than Andres Villas Boas (because i do, at least in FM)

Andrés Villas-Boas' Chelsea side and Roberto Mancini's Manchester City side have many similarities off the field. Both clubs have foreign owners that have invested huge sums of money into building championship caliber sides by signing the biggest stars they possibly could.

However, this season, and the arrival of Villas-Boas in particular, has seen one major similarity develop on the field.

While the teams' respective success has been contrasting, with City running away with the Premier Division lead and Chelsea struggling with an aging and inconsistent team, both sides have the same core values to their identity on the field.

Petr Cech recently told Chelsea fans to blame the players rather than their new young coach for Chelsea's issues this season, and to an extent he is right.

There is a saying that once you make it to the top, you should never change what it is that allowed you to get to there in the first place. Villas-Boas has stuck to this principle by installing the same tactics that he used at Porto last season. - There is also no Plan B for me, in my tiki-taka

Tactics that Roberto Mancini's Manchester City side are executing to perfection this year.

Villas-Boas' vision is clear. Similarly to that of Barcelona under Pep Guardiola, his Chelsea side have attempted to pressure the opposition this year high up the field while playing a high defensive line.

The 34-year-old manager has never spent more than one season at any football club but was able to instantly implement his ideas wherever he was. That has not happened at Chelsea because of the limitations of the squad that he inherited.

When Roberto Mancini took over Manchester City two seasons ago, he was regularly criticized for being too defensive and cautious. What Mancini was also doing during this time however was establishing the most important piece to what is now the team's tactical identity.

Unlike John Terry, Alex and David Luiz, Mancini established a defensive line with the defenders who fit his system. Vincent Kompany, Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott all have the right combination of size, speed and intelligence to play in space.

This isn't something that can be said about any combination of Terry, Alex or Luiz.

While Terry and Alex are simply too slow and not agile enough to stick with strikers on the counter or intercept passes that are being made under duress, David Luiz is too rash and a liability in one on one situations. - Your question and problem  brows.gif

Kompany, Lescott or Toure may not be the most celebrated of center backs but their solid showings at the back have been crucial for City's performances so far this season.

Mancini's real work began with the team's midfield however.

Of the five players that started the 1-1 draw in Anfield today, only two were at the club when Mancini arrived. It comes as no surprise that those two players were the two hardest working players at the club also.

James Milner and Gareth Barry are often overshadowed by the quality of David Silva and Yaya Touré, however their energy and defensive workrate is a vital cog in the Manchester City machine.

When you compare the trio of midfielders involved for City compared to Chelsea, there is a significant gap in athleticism. Frank Lampard and John Obi Mikel have never been work horses in the middle of the field while Ramires has been very inconsistent during his Chelsea career.

Trying to press opposing midfielders with Mikel and Lampard in the side is essentially impossible. Unlike a Barry, Milner or Touré opposing midfielders will have no problem getting their head up and picking out a pass or running with the ball.

Mancini brought in Samir Nasri, Sergio Aguero and David Silva to bring the class and clinicism to the City attack that had been lacking in recent years. The quality that the trio brought in attack doesn't diminish the defensive contributions that they make also.

Silva, Nasri and Aguero, Dzeko to an extent also, are all agile and speedy receivers that are willing to put in a shift when asked to.

If you compare that with a trio of Fernando Torres or Didier Drogba, with Juan Mata and Florent Malouda. Outside of Mata, none of the trio upfront fit the system. The older forwards at Chelsea don't play with the same energy as the youthful forward line combinations that Manchester City can field.

As a team, Chelsea's attempts at pressuring the opposition are made redundant by the personnel.

Defending is a team effort and the Chelsea defenders are sold short by what they are asked to do and by what their midfielders are asked to do.

Because the team's midfielders cannot force the opposition into poor decisions or rush them into longer passes, the defenders at the back cannot take advantage of pressure. Under Roberto Mancini, Vincent Kompany and Joleon Lescott more often than not get what every center back wants, a long ball from the back straight down the field.

That is something that is created by the forward line.

Nasri and David Silva may be creating plenty of goals at one end, but they are preventing plenty at the other end also.

Chelsea's Roman Abramovich may be hoping for a quick fix to Chelsea's problems after throwing £15 million to bring in a manager that has had instant success elsewhere. However he is throwing in the wrong direction.

As Petr Cech said, the players are the problem at Chelsea, not the manager.

This post has been edited by Jedi: Dec 4 2011, 11:25 PM
TSJedi
post Dec 5 2011, 07:14 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

yes, winning 1-0 2-0
That is how Spain plays! How Barca plays! in two-horse La Liga, ->(u could go up to 4,5-0 if u play as Man Utd Barca R Madrid with fast strikers, and against lower teams), but thats how spain plays...they play beautifully while slowing tempo, finding spaces in between.

Thats my objective, thats Barcelona's objective, to play as a team. Its no longer 30 sec clip for youtube upload of a goal , but a 2 minute long build-up , its really beautiful if you watch Champions League Final of your team, full match like that actually (though I dont anyway lol unless u got the time)
Guardiola signed David Villa not to get the best out of him or to fit tactics into him so he can still be a target man, but to get him to fit into an already complete system, to get him to work as a team, to supply and to score goals. He was more often being used as inside forward supporting Messi

2nd priority: score 4-0, 5-0 and have risky possession with opponents making me heart attack. (as i said previously scoring is too easy, i want to play beautifully tongue.gif) the youtube video of tiki-taka on first page said it all, FM is just merely our tool to replicate what they do in real life, to as realistic as possible

@gengstapo, u need to individual focus train your players to pass the ball well, limit creativity if they have not, enhance when they have flair and creativeness

+ i recommend acceleration and pace 15 for your wing-backs(full backs - eg Rafael Fabio D Alves style) , striker like J Hernandez

- U dont need long shooting players
- U dont need Gareth Bale style of players (crossing, strength)

Added on December 5, 2011, 7:17 pm
QUOTE(sickx @ Dec 5 2011, 09:55 AM)
i've tried your tactics but not really smooth.my malaga really controlled the possession.passing completion was around 80-90%.but sadly the wins just 1-0 or 2-0.maybe i don't have any trequartista in my team.i used yaya sanogo in the middle.i think i'll stick with il devas atm until end of season and start with this tactic during preseason.

question:why does the tactic set as counter instead of control?most of the tiki takas i knew in fm-base all of them were set as control.
@sickx, try the latest tactic (JeffAngel) I hope u have better scores now smile.gif

More than just a player role

Update from first post:
How many of you select a player’s role to suit his attributes? -
Picking one role to get the best out of a single star will not have the same effect as picking 11 roles to form a team unit.
Forget about getting your Niang to score 40 goals a season, or your usual 'Xavi' to assist 40 goals per season to your Target Man.
For instance, I’m sure Pedro and Villa of Barcelona would prefer to be played as the lone striker, but Guardiola sees them as instrumental to a bigger picture. They both tend to start out wide in order to offer their threat from the wings cutting inside and causing havoc. Add to this the fact that Barcelona’s formation can transform into a three man attack and you’ll see Pep’s thought process.

The same can be said for a central midfield three; the roles you hand out in midfield can transform a good tactic into an incredible one. And the beauty is all these roles should vary depending on your style of play. For instance, if you like to play a more direct style within a 4-5-1 formation, you’d be best organising your players into three categories, defensive, attacking and supporting. A poacher works well upfront so he can chase long looping passes and also wingers as opposed to wide midfielders to dart down the flanks. Your midfield three should be assigned three different roles, all to cover the previously mentioned categories and therefore each phase of play.

Now what happens if we switch this more defensive and direct 4-5-1 into a more fluid and attacking tactic with short possession play? Well I wouldn’t recommend keeping the same player roles; in fact I’d change almost all of them. Remember with a direct and more defensive tactic you have little creativity to force an opening so instead find the team making long searching passes and therefore stretching the game. When you switch to a possession orientated tactic these roles should be adjusted to bring players closer together and therefore offer passing options within every phase of play. There’s no point in playing a short passing style if your players are separated like in the direct style mentioned above because part of keeping possession is having options to pass the ball.

Added on December 5, 2011, 7:38 pm
QUOTE(anechoic @ Dec 5 2011, 09:30 AM)
thanks for the advice, master jedi. smile.gif I am thinking to start a game with West Ham, win promotion and go to Europe in 2nd season..hehe.

ps: btw, where's the article from?
bleachreport.com

I love to read the articles there, they provide good info on real-life tactics and players activities

This post has been edited by Jedi: Dec 5 2011, 07:41 PM
TSJedi
post Dec 9 2011, 10:30 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

yes smile.gif except for left back, your sweeper, others are encouraged to roam.
TSJedi
post Dec 10 2011, 12:10 AM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

put it at default, since personal instructions for players override team, so it does not matter

U dont want ur keeper to roam around do u? and have goal of the century beckham style against u...
TSJedi
post Dec 13 2011, 06:24 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(skystrike @ Dec 13 2011, 03:10 PM)
i tried your tactic and its working on formation 4-3-3 , 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 but it seem not working on formation 4-4-2...everytime i use 4-4-2 my team although can control possesion more than 55% but it will end up lose, draw or win 1-0/slight margin.....maybe need more tweaking on tactic.. hmm.gif  hmm.gif
it was NEVER meant to be a 4-4-2, did u read the first post? Please read the first post before getting excited about trying tiki-taka guys!

THINGS IN TIKI-TAKA A MUST HAVE (Can be done in FM)

Right Formation
Barcelona’s players if you notice, occupy spaces evenly across the field,providing Barca many more passing options whilst formulating an attack making it so effective. eg: Busquets sits just behind play-makers Andreas Iniesta and Xavi whilst guarding his side’s back 4 and wingers Pedro , Alexis Sanchez and David Villa (who obviously is unhappy now in Barca to play second fiddle) occupy either flank in an attacking midfield position leaving Lionel Messi to fight it out alone up top. 4-3-3, 3-4-3 should defenders got injured, doest matter, as long as u retain possesion heck i even played 4-1-5 with my team and won comfortably!

NO wingers, thats so english , with the run run dribble to side and cross and head
NO Citeh style, David Silva dribble dribble feed ball in blitzkrieg tap up or volley by dzeko (so risky for tiki-taka, easily intercepted esp if Man City will play Barca)

The key thing is to focus pass down the middle.
TSJedi
post Dec 18 2011, 03:48 AM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(+Newbie+ @ Dec 14 2011, 08:45 PM)
Wow. I've tried building this tactic up myself based on what I've read here. It really works man. I'm averaging 60 - 70% possession and 20+ shots on goal. Now if only I could get the shot accuracies up (less than half on target). I'm making do with my original wingers on the left and right of the false 9 and I guess their lack of finishing is affecting me.

One question though. My assistant manager keeps telling me the gap between my midfield and defence is too big and can be exploited. Any ideas how to solve this? Or is it irrelevant?
normally its irrelevant, bec when u see the game in highlights ur players passes so well that the midfield presses up so far high up in the opponents defense area (which is what real life Barca is doing)

against Real Madrid and matches where u see strong teams using fast wingers to counter u *because tiki-taka focus pass on middle*, apply a 4-1-2-2-1 formation instead of 4-1-2-3 , 4-2-3-1 instead of 3-4-3 will distribute your players wider to solve those problems

QUOTE(skystrike @ Dec 17 2011, 07:24 PM)
finally got successfully implement tiki-taka tactic...but my player easily got injured when using this tactic...injury list getting longer...it is just me to experience this issue?? rclxub.gif
i dont think it has anything to do with tactics, rather the problem of physio, your players natural fitness and injury prone *hidden attribute* or simply tired not enough rest and playing non-stop. Try to reduce burden on training, and physio increase in no
TSJedi
post Dec 20 2011, 11:50 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(+Newbie+ @ Dec 20 2011, 07:57 PM)
I see. I'll ignore those instructions, then.

I suppose the 4-1-2-2-1 is something like this?
http://www.fmformation.net/fm09-tactics-tr...-1-2-2-1-a.html
By pinning their fullbacks back with the wingers right? My formation is similar to your Jeff's Angel Tic Tac Aug 2014. So I have STL and STR pressing there.

Currently my midfield is 3 flat MCs, unlike yours which is more of a DMC + 2 MCs. I plan to push the middle MC back to a DMC like yours, as well as make both CBs stay back and push both fullbacks up more, like Barcelona, since I have reasonably good fullbacks.

Am I making any sense? Lol.
I'll try that. Thanks!!

Not sure what the reasoning is though. Less creativity means shoot more, pass less?
if you have a classic box-to-box midfielder like Patrick Vieira Edgar Davids o Roy keane style to sweep the ball when drop back, I dont see a problem doing with 3 CM smile.gif
These days football are very position-based, those players are of the past, no more ballacks, I.E Mascherano Busquets adopt a very defensive approach, so does Claude Makelele style modern manager prefers, so that attacking midfielders have all the time to flair their creativities without needing to help out in the defence.
The reason I have DMC Phil Jones, is because I dont trust fully Smalling and Evans, being their marking heading tackling at a medial 15 for centre-backs, so I have one to drop back - the same with barcelona, pique tends to play higher up the pitch as ball-playing defender, at times striker by free-rolling. Mascherano will cover for him should opposition intercept the ball to try a counter, and thus I concede record only 7 goals EPL season - 24 clean sheets before losing to everton yesterday on my game sad.gif *picture on the other discussion thread*

pray that mourinho or Alan Shearer does not play your team, because I nearly lost to mourinho He likes to close down on all of my players with hard tackles, technical players very much needed to avoid possible losing possession. Shearer likes to play a quick tempo, passing game and the park the tank 5-3-2 after 1-0, i played him 3 times, nearly lost twice, 1-0 lost last game sad.gif

QUOTE(gengstapo @ Dec 20 2011, 10:24 PM)
Yes, they wont pass the ball around too much
uh...not quite so. Attacking players with creativity >18 should have full creativity freedom, or 1 to 2 clicks down. because creativity means, ability to see things on the pitch. <--refer attributes explained thread for better review

pass less means he would have PPM dwells on ball, or u ask him to hold up the ball more

creative players without flair would simply pass the ball to launch potential attacks, but if strikers have poor off the ball, u can expect a fruitless attack.
creative players with poor passing ability will launch a pass into defender or keepers rushing feet
creative players with good decisions will launch passes which cut through hot butter like fabregas
creative players, good decisions, good flair will launch a Scholsey type of pass , direct and beautiful

smile.gif try to search for finishing strikers like Hernandez - finishing, agility(benzema), decisions, off the ball >17 , solve all problems of ur scoring

TSJedi
post Dec 26 2011, 02:28 AM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

if your full bac got >15 crosses, then put it to 'sometimes' my CBs put long direct crosses to strikers even though were instructed to 'rarely'...

@2nd problem, very techincal players with good finishers are really needed...tiki-taka is not for poor technical players..
TSJedi
post Dec 27 2011, 06:41 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

no, long shots should be set to rarely. (tic-tac does not takes risks)

apisfires you are welcome!
TSJedi
post Dec 28 2011, 06:01 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

the 1-0 2-0s i supposed, stem from this?

Park the Bus, i get that too, but IMO Javier Hernandez (excellent finishing and quickness) is a little over-rated, keeps scoring and solves this problem by being my centre man..

user posted image

user posted image

of course, I lose matches too, I lost twice in BPL latest season of my game 17-18, one from set piece, one from the genius alan shearer who is my jinx...always wins or draw or lose narrowly...(counter attack+superman keeper when against Man Utd, park the bus)

I told the press I have no idea how I lost that game...haha

user posted image
TSJedi
post Dec 28 2011, 07:21 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(anechoic @ Dec 28 2011, 07:06 PM)
hey jedi, i guess i have the same problem as newbie too. I am trying your tactics for MU, just wondering how you get them score more?? maybe just need to play more games?? haha...

Added on December 28, 2011, 7:08 pmi notice in ur other post rooney had like 43 goals and hernandez 64.. thumbup.gif
on average, the score should be 2-0 for every match come the end of season with frequent 1-0s vs strong teams, 3/4-0 vs weak teams, and minimal losses throughout the season.
I just want to play beautiful football, not goals galore...its boring after 4 seasons of FM series for me with 130+ goals per season but heart attack moments of risky, direct, fast tempo game. now I concede <9 goals per EPL..
to score goals like me...uhhh utilise them on cup games, I am not the exact SAF type, since i rotate practically all 11 men for every match *2 sets of players*, so if they happen to play against weaker EPL or cup teams, they score more. Hernandez is a little imba on form *like the CM 01/02 dude*

+ I do exploit the corner attack near post to get wins .. as u can see from the squad screen on another thread tongue.gif

TSJedi
post Jan 5 2012, 03:14 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

yeah, swap positions smile.gif thats what i do, bec u know..the opponents..

wide attackers have play through balls, play one-twos as well, thats how barca plays, with bojan and javier hernandez preffered moves, as well as rooney, things go easy really smile.gif tutor the youths

corner trick works up to before the christmas patch, (i dont know whats the version)
TSJedi
post Jan 6 2012, 05:03 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

thats very harsh. Had I wanted to show off my tactics I would just post

The Ultimate Tiki-Taka Tactic by the Great Jeff Alexander FM expert

instead of writing such a long article and Tic-Tacs philosophies and guidance for those who want to write barcelona's total football revolution would I not?

My tactics uploaded were meant to only be a guide, I did say, do tweak it according to your team and play to player's strength

Dont like, Dont see. Dont bother. Dont even enter.
Its for fans who love to watch beautiful football and try to emulate them.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.28    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:16 PM