Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Need help on warranty., No receipt, no shop name

alexloon
post Nov 21 2011, 11:21 AM, updated 13y ago

Getting Started
100 posts

Not really a Complaining to the person, i don't know he is really sick or just ... dunno what to say, he just never pick up my call can reply my msg right now.

Item being sold/bought: Gamer PC rig

Original thread link: http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2107806&hl=

Date of transaction: 14 Nov 2011

Details of the complaint :

I bought the set from this guy and he look ok to me and he was telling me all set was perfectly fine and he used it for 8 months only. He also highlight that if anything goes wrong he will send it back to LY to claim.
He was not feeling well that day and he was accompany by his gf while meeting me for the deal.

Alright, things happen after i brought back home and re-install OS.... Error msg came out icon_question.gif "No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key" no matter what did and it still can't Boot from the installer dvd.
I took check thru every single part and all working fine, except i can't check the motherboard and the processor. So i send to Expert to check and came back with the result - Is the motherboard.

Now the issue is here, i've been calling this seller and sms him for many time these 2 days cause i guess i gave enough patient on this due to the hardware are needed to use. Even thought he might be sick he should at least answer my regards. Finally he actually Pickup the call on 19th Nov and saying tht he will let me know what time to meet at LowYat to claim the warranty.... till now he didn't pickup his call and phone are switched off.

The Gygabyte MB have another 2 years warranty, how do i claim without Warranty card, receipt and the origin shop bought from this seller?

Thanks.
rifles
post Nov 21 2011, 11:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,262 posts

QUOTE(alexloon @ Nov 21 2011, 11:21 AM)
Not really a Complaining to the person, i don't know he is really sick or just ... dunno what to say, he just never pick up my call can reply my msg right now.

Item being sold/bought: Gamer PC rig

Original thread link: http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2107806&hl=

Date of transaction: 14 Nov 2011

Details of the complaint :

I bought the set from this guy and he look ok to me and he was telling me all set was perfectly fine and he used it for 8 months only. He also highlight that if anything goes wrong he will send it back to LY to claim.
He was not feeling well that day and he was accompany by his gf while meeting me for the deal.

Alright, things happen after i brought back home and re-install OS.... Error msg came out  icon_question.gif "No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key" no matter what did and it still can't Boot from the installer dvd.
I took check thru every single part and all working fine, except i can't check the motherboard and the processor. So i send to Expert to check and came back with the result - Is the motherboard.

Now the issue is here, i've been calling this seller and sms him for many time these 2 days cause i guess i gave enough patient on this due to the hardware are needed to use. Even thought he might be sick he should at least answer my regards. Finally he actually Pickup the call on 19th Nov and saying tht he will let me know what time to meet at LowYat to claim the warranty.... till now he didn't pickup his call and phone are switched off.

The Gygabyte MB have another 2 years warranty, how do i claim without Warranty card, receipt and the origin shop bought from this seller?

Thanks.
You may directly send back to Gigabyte supplier for warranty claim, but the 3years warranty will based on the warranty sticker behind your motherboard.
The company called Nation Tech Sdn Bhd at Cheras.
Good luck.
alexloon
post Nov 21 2011, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

Thanks rifles,

Just check with Gigabyte center, and they ask me to check behind motherboard sticker.... is from SDS distributor. So have to send to SDS to verify and send back to Gigabyte....
Now looking for SDS center.
NaMyzarC
post Nov 21 2011, 11:58 AM

Regular
1,140 posts

http://www.sds.com.my/

3rd Floor, Kompleks Penchala, No.50,
Jalan Penchala, Seksyen 51,
46050 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Telephone: 03 7788 8700

alexloon
post Nov 21 2011, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(NaMyzarC @ Nov 21 2011, 11:58 AM)
http://www.sds.com.my/

3rd Floor, Kompleks Penchala, No.50,
Jalan Penchala, Seksyen 51,
46050 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Telephone: 03 7788 8700
Good one bro, thanks~! You make my day.
They told me warranty still valid and direct send to them... phew.

sHawTY
post Nov 21 2011, 03:41 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

Anytime you have a problem with a hardware, check the manufacturer website for "Where To Buy" tab.
It will list the distributors details so you can go directly to them.

Receipt or warranty card is never needed for computer parts.
Although some distributors doesn't allow end user to directly go to them for RMA purposes. Call them in advance for any enquiries.

Always try to send directly to the distributors first. As this the easiest and fastest method compared to sending it to the shop.
Apis_LuaLua
post Nov 21 2011, 04:21 PM

@ Top Club in Inguland @
Group Icon
Staff
4,465 posts

QUOTE(alexloon @ Nov 21 2011, 12:10 PM)
Good one bro, thanks~! You make my day.
They told me warranty still valid and direct send to them... phew.
At least seller save his time to rma. Irresponsible seller.
alexloon
post Nov 21 2011, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

Thanks guys, i run around for the whole day to make claims and check where the hell he bought those stuff from and i finally manage to replace the whole MBoard at SDS service center PJ, and also found the board bought from which shop in Lowyat and manage to claimed warranty from the shop as well. Means both hardware are spoiled, can i say i'm lucky in unlucky incident?~

Guess what surprise i found from Lowyat shop with the receipt he bought?
I found it's i3 instead of i5 processor....WTH. And i call him again to clear things out, as usual he didn't answer his call then i call again - He switched his phone off completely which is just now only.

This guy really let me down and i was worried he was very sick and thought not to disturb him for almost a week with also worried of my hardware claims as well.

I'm so sorry but have to post his name and contact here to let people aware of this guy.

His name : Ganeesh.

dvinez
post Nov 22 2011, 12:57 PM

Limited Edition
1,473 posts

glad for you but, he may tricked you to buy his spoiled motherboard, so he can save his time from rma and get a new one directly.

alexloon
post Nov 22 2011, 01:08 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(dvinez @ Nov 22 2011, 12:57 PM)
glad for you but, he may tricked you to buy his spoiled motherboard, so he can save his time from rma and get a new one directly.
Yes, you might be right. I always being careful trade in LY forum but this PC thing i'm not familiar plus COD with CPU is hard to test so i put trust on it. And lesson learn.
Now, motherboard and processor are brand new and Seller MIA.

I think i'm done here. Again, thanks guys for all the input.

notworthy.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:44 AM