Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bad news for LAZY touch "N" gO user, sob. sob. News

views

TSeligible
post Nov 14 2011, 11:14 PM, updated 13y ago

Enthusiast
858 posts

user posted image

PETALING JAYA: Heads up to Touch 'N' Go (TNG) users: PLUS has been closing down selected reload lanes on the North-South Expressway (NSE) in stages since July.

PLUS corporate communication general manager Khalilah Mohd Tahar said the closing down was an effort to facilitate smoother traffic flow especially during peak hours.

source : thestar

user posted image

This post has been edited by eligible: Nov 14 2011, 11:15 PM
gs20
post Nov 14 2011, 11:18 PM

Regular
1,685 posts

user posted image

cleetoreese
post Nov 14 2011, 11:31 PM

16 posts

lesser topup lanes now. lazy topup at atm. damn
SKY233
post Nov 14 2011, 11:32 PM

u x sukak u keluar
873 posts

nice
figuremeout
post Nov 14 2011, 11:32 PM

~In another life, I would make u stay~
889 posts

user posted image
joe_mamak
post Nov 14 2011, 11:33 PM

Casual
363 posts

They even close down the one at Sungai Besi.

doh.gif

You want to encourage people to use it, then you should make it convenient for people lah.
TSeligible
post Nov 14 2011, 11:36 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(joe_mamak @ Nov 14 2011, 11:33 PM)

doh.gif 

You want to encourage people to use it, then you should make it convenient for people lah.
agree.

nod.gif
ketupatjahat
post Nov 14 2011, 11:37 PM

27 posts

who cares i got maybank card autoreload
cleetoreese
post Nov 14 2011, 11:39 PM

16 posts

one time i reload at a mall they got open a counter, but then got extra charge some more, and didnt even tell beforehand. macam sial
izzat003

30 posts

autoreload la brah.zing kad kan ada
sheahann

Crashing like a tidal wave..
2,235 posts

who cares i drive like mr bean. follow front car closely and i dont have to stop and pay
narf03
post Nov 14 2011, 11:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

Would be good if they remove all the toll entirely. The traffic will be even smoother.
xoxo24
post Nov 14 2011, 11:51 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ Nov 14 2011, 11:46 PM)
Would be good if they remove all the toll entirely. The traffic will be even smoother.
lol biggrin.gif
hirano
post Nov 14 2011, 11:53 PM

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

I always reload at KL Sentral counter.
c1k3n
post Nov 14 2011, 11:55 PM

29 posts

make more reload centre.
not just selected petronas.. haizz =_="
wKkaY
post Nov 15 2011, 12:00 AM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

You can reload at quite a lot of ATMs too.
asdzxc
post Nov 15 2011, 12:03 AM

Casual
384 posts

reload at ATM got service charge RM0.50 anot ?
scyap
post Nov 15 2011, 12:05 AM

On my way
684 posts

those retards... they should convert more cash lanes into TnG/smart tag/reload...

and prolly make tunai (normal car) drivers pay extra 5% or something...
if majority use TnG/smart-tag, traffic would be so much smoother
narf03
post Nov 15 2011, 12:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

QUOTE(scyap @ Nov 15 2011, 12:05 AM)
those retards... they should convert more cash lanes into TnG/smart tag/reload...

and prolly make tunai (normal car) drivers pay extra 5% or something...
if majority use TnG/smart-tag, traffic would be so much smoother
wah u want them to increase some more ? the current rate is already very high, for some ppl who travel to work by car need to pass like 2 toll to reach office and back, they are paying RM1.6 per pass and RM6.4 per day, and per month paying more than RM140, and that is like 10% of salary for many ppl. Why dont u suggest give discount to TnG since 5% of RM1.60 is RM1.68 and they are paying cash, and the 8 sens will be scale up to 10sens, instead of go to digital of full amount -8 sens in TnG card ? Oh do u work for plus ?
Yong_5290
post Nov 15 2011, 12:42 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

only retard drivers still paying cash....we should have erp system like singapore for better traffic
pikacu
post Nov 15 2011, 12:44 AM

male tag rosak
7,740 posts

the good news is, every lane at PLUS now have touchngo
SUSleechers
post Nov 15 2011, 12:44 AM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(joe_mamak @ Nov 14 2011, 11:33 PM)

doh.gif 

this happened to me once, i was on my way to kl from penang, so i plan to top up touch n go at juru. arrived at juru and found no topup lane. so i plan to stop at the next petrol station to top up.

first petrol station (rnr bukit semanggol/bukit gantang i cant remember) i went, i cant top up, system offline. so move to next petrol station. same story. then i move to another petrol station, same story, system offline. this time i cant take it anymore, i call plus and ask what is the purpose of touch n go on the first place? why promote the system if you dont complete it with topup facility? she suggest me to exit at kuala kangsar and go to their customer service centre to topup, which is inconvenient for me to make an exit just to top up. i want a smooth journey, not a journey where i need to stop to topup touch n go.

why i dont use bank facility to topup touch n go? because i think the company who runs highway from north to south and keep promoting their plusmiles and touch n go will have even better facility to topup their own card. i think wrong.
H4XF4XTOR
post Nov 15 2011, 12:47 AM

【ツ】PANDAMON 【ツ】
3,075 posts

lol... one lane for topup..was wrong wit tat
narf03
post Nov 15 2011, 12:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

QUOTE(Yong_5290 @ Nov 15 2011, 12:42 AM)
only retard drivers still paying cash....we should have erp system like singapore for better traffic
Wrong comparison, they aim for different purpose, Singapore ERP is to prevent traffic, u arent suppose to pass it, and you are strongly discourage to pass. And our highway is exactly different, 100%, they WANT you to pass, they will close alternative roads, manipulate traffic lights of nearby roads, playing with road sign, do whatever necessary to make sure you use the road, they dont really care, that is the best for you or not, they just want to make money, traffic smooth of not, definitely on their want-to-do list but its at the bottom of their list.
Yong_5290
post Nov 15 2011, 12:50 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

what i meant was just auto debit...but the thing is if no cash toll booth then many sakai no job
narf03
post Nov 15 2011, 12:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

QUOTE(Yong_5290 @ Nov 15 2011, 12:50 AM)
what i meant was just auto debit...but the thing is if no cash toll booth then many sakai no job
I got an idea, upgrade our nation with many hidden CCTV and move your sakai to watch these systems, improve our security while maintain sakai, good ? wah... we really sakai.
scyap
post Nov 15 2011, 12:57 AM

On my way
684 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ Nov 15 2011, 12:40 AM)
wah u want them to increase some more ? the current rate is already very high, for some ppl who travel to work by car need to pass like 2 toll to reach office and back, they are paying RM1.6 per pass and RM6.4 per day, and per month paying more than RM140, and that is like 10% of salary for many ppl.  Why dont u suggest give discount to TnG since 5% of RM1.60 is RM1.68 and they are paying cash, and the 8 sens will be scale up to 10sens, instead of go to digital of full amount -8 sens in TnG card ? Oh do u work for plus ?
i'm saying increase for those tunai guys, so encourage them to get Touch N Go

6.4 a day only whut... i everyday pay RM12 toll >_>
narf03
post Nov 15 2011, 12:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

QUOTE(scyap @ Nov 15 2011, 12:57 AM)

so u are paying more than RM250 monthly, thats double or triple of roadtax, u want to pay more ? why dont u just suggest TnG gets 5% discount and smartTag gets 10% ?
SUSaaaeye
post Nov 15 2011, 01:00 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

inb4 in Lima Kedai Toll at Johor all lane use touch n go..no lane for ticket or cash..
joe_mamak
post Nov 15 2011, 02:55 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(leechers @ Nov 15 2011, 12:44 AM)
this happened to me once, i was on my way to kl from penang, so i plan to top up touch n go at juru. arrived at juru and found no topup lane. so i plan to stop at the next petrol station to top up.

first petrol station (rnr bukit semanggol/bukit gantang i cant remember) i went, i cant top up, system offline. so move to next petrol station. same story. then i move to another petrol station, same story, system offline. this time i cant take it anymore, i call plus and ask what is the purpose of touch n go on the first place? why promote the system if you dont complete it with topup facility? she suggest me to exit at kuala kangsar and go to their customer service centre to topup, which is inconvenient for me to make an exit just to top up. i want a smooth journey, not a journey where i need to stop to topup touch n go.

why i dont use bank facility to topup touch n go? because i think the company who runs highway from north to south and keep promoting their plusmiles and touch n go will have even better facility to topup their own card. i think wrong.
My TnG card ran out of money. And I didn't top up for 2-3 months. Why? Most of the toll plazas I passed by didn't have any more top up lanes. Even if there were, I was already so used to back to paying cash that I forget to top up.

And I don't think I bank with any banks that can use their ATMs to top up. The banks are -
Maybank, AmBank Bank Muamalat, RHB Bank, CIMB Bank and Public Bank. Furthermore, they charge RM0.50 per top up. mad.gif

kira_mha
post Nov 15 2011, 03:03 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ Nov 14 2011, 11:46 PM)
QFT
SUSXabrius
post Nov 15 2011, 03:05 AM

»»───Knee───►
1,486 posts

QUOTE(aaaeye @ Nov 15 2011, 01:00 AM)
inb4 in Lima Kedai Toll at Johor all lane use touch n go..no lane for ticket or cash..
And bangunan BSI toll. RM2.70.
SUSthieflord
post Nov 15 2011, 03:19 AM

Androdify Yourself!
3,098 posts

y so cheapskate must reach toll only reload?
Ulquiorra
post Nov 15 2011, 04:38 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(scyap @ Nov 15 2011, 01:57 AM)

stupidest idea ever.

QUOTE(narf03 @ Nov 15 2011, 01:58 AM)
so u are paying more than RM250 monthly, thats double or triple of roadtax, u want to pay more ? why dont u just suggest TnG gets 5% discount and smartTag gets 10% ?
this one better idea.
SUSleechers
post Nov 15 2011, 07:04 AM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(joe_mamak @ Nov 15 2011, 02:55 AM)
My TnG card ran out of money.  And I didn't top up for 2-3 months.  Why?  Most of the toll plazas I passed by didn't have any more top up lanes.  Even if there were, I was already so used to back to paying cash that I forget to top up. 

And I don't think I bank with any banks that can use their ATMs to top up.  The banks are -
Maybank, AmBank Bank Muamalat, RHB Bank, CIMB Bank and Public Bank.  Furthermore, they charge RM0.50 per top up.  mad.gif
CIMB dont charge. topup rm50, get rm50.

the idea to give discount for tng holder is good. but you think they will implement it? they only know how to make profit and use the profit to bribe police with lancer and inpira.
SUSsoundsyst64
post Nov 15 2011, 07:07 AM

I'm No-Longer-Noobs
3,725 posts

better close down tolls. Settled
Taipan052
post Nov 15 2011, 07:39 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(leechers @ Nov 15 2011, 12:44 AM)

just wanna comment the bolded part above..

why don't you topup before you start your journey? so much excuse!
joe_mamak
post Nov 15 2011, 10:47 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(Taipan052 @ Nov 15 2011, 07:39 AM)
just wanna comment the bolded part above..

why don't you topup before you start your journey? so much excuse!
Need to look for a place to top up lah. Sometimes you are already rushing to start a journey.

A top up lane would be convenient.

joe_mamak
post Nov 15 2011, 10:48 AM

Casual
363 posts

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...2550&sec=nation

The Star
Tuesday November 15, 2011

PLUS may reopen top-up lanes

PETALING JAYA: Top-up lanes at PLUS toll plazas may be re-opened to enable motorists to top-up their Touch N Go (TNG) cards.

The top-up facility at the toll plazas in several areas was suspended in July to enable PLUS to observe traffic flow during peak hours.

PLUS corporate communications general manager Khalilah Datuk Mohd Talhar said its personnel were observing traffic movement at the plazas.

“In the meantime, motorists can still top up their cards at customer service centres at designated toll plazas,” she said.

She said PLUS had worked with TNG to open up reload counters at several petrol stations to offer an alternative channel for reload without charges.

“Users may also choose to reload their TNG cards at selected ATMs for a fee,” said Khalilah.

The closed TNG reload lanes were at the Subang, Batu Tiga, Sungai Rasau, Jalan Duta, Damansara, Sungai Besi, Juru and Skudai toll plazas.

Graphic designer Khaider Yusof, 23, said it was inconvenient for users to go to petrol kiosks just to reload their TNG cards.

“If I am driving on the highway and do not have enough balance on my TNG card, I can just reload at the toll plaza.

“Now I need to go to the petrol station and am even charged 50 sen as a service fee,” he said.

Human Resource executive Faustino Mundaw, 24, said it was a hassle to look for a petrol station to reload.

“In fact, they should have added more reload lanes.

“One is stuck if the reload system is offline or they are out of reloads,” he said.
netmatrix
post Nov 15 2011, 10:55 AM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

Reload ATM got 50 cent charge. Reload at petrol station got 50 cent charge. So in other words reload not at tols or tng counter pay 50 cent.
samlee860407
post Nov 15 2011, 11:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,624 posts

want to reduce traffic during peak hour?

force everyone to use TNG then you will get smooth traffic
jonn zee
post Nov 15 2011, 11:17 AM

On my way
602 posts

after T&G being sold to CIMB from UEM, PLUS sees not logical for the Tambah Nilai to be operating in PLUS lanes..

now u can top up in selected CIMB ATMs FOC yo.. no moAR rm0.50 charges
joe_mamak
post Nov 15 2011, 11:20 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(jonn zee @ Nov 15 2011, 11:17 AM)
after T&G being sold to CIMB from UEM, PLUS sees not logical for the Tambah Nilai to be operating in PLUS lanes..

now u can top up in selected CIMB ATMs FOC yo.. no moAR rm0.50 charges
I don't have a CIMB account.
leaF
post Nov 15 2011, 12:06 PM

On my way
511 posts

Many ppl compolaint toll expensive , I would say the more the raise the toll price the better . You guys only think bout own pockets .. Got anyone think bout the bangla who clean the road n the workers that fill up the hole on the road so u have smoother journey? If a cow or dog dead on the road who going to clean?

Not included those plus tow car tat provide free tow incase ur car broken. Say is easier to do , so many complaint why no ppl no go register be calon bebas and fight for wakil rakyat post since election is coming?all care bout themselves only , go and experience serving ppl .. I always walk to nearest lrt station to topup my card and malaysian mentalilty is want the thing to appear in front them only .

joe_mamak
post Nov 15 2011, 12:10 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(leaF @ Nov 15 2011, 12:06 PM)
Many ppl compolaint toll expensive , I would say the more the raise the toll price the better . You guys only think bout own pockets .. Got anyone think bout the bangla who clean the road n the workers that fill up the hole on the road so u have smoother journey? If a cow or dog dead on the road who going to clean?

Not included those plus tow car tat provide free tow incase ur car broken. Say is easier to do , so many complaint why no ppl no go register be calon bebas and fight for wakil rakyat post  since election is coming?all care bout themselves only , go and experience serving ppl .. I always walk to nearest lrt station to topup my card and malaysian mentalilty is want the thing to appear in front them only .
I don't know what's your point. The Bangla worker gets paid to do his job. And PLUS and other concessionaires are making very healthy profits despite having to hire the Banglas and the tow car drivers.

cloud666
post Nov 15 2011, 12:18 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(samlee860407 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:08 AM)

no man.. chances of encountering noob driver stuck at TnG toll gate will be higher
lagenda
post Nov 15 2011, 12:20 PM

­
1,038 posts

QUOTE(samlee860407 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:08 AM)

cannot liao. because toll company want hard cash rather than credit.
leaF
post Nov 15 2011, 05:04 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(joe_mamak @ Nov 15 2011, 12:10 PM)
I don't know what's your point.  The Bangla worker gets paid to do his job.  And PLUS and other concessionaires are making very healthy profits despite having to hire the Banglas and the tow car drivers.
you will understand how a country will be run if there is no tax imposed on their people.. same goes to toll

ciavin
post Nov 15 2011, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

Talk about tough n go. Last week..i was heading to The Curve car park and i decided to use the TNG for parking. But when i touch the reader, the gate did not open and thus i have to take ticket and park inside The Curve. And later in the evening, when i use the Smart Tag...the toll gate did not open and the reader indicate " KAD TIDAK SAH".
So the next day, i went to Bangsar South and told the TNG officer about the problem. He suggest me not to use TNG for parking as recently there are lots of issues on parking.
So my question is: Why TNG integrate with shopping complexes if there are so many problems?
xavi5567
post Nov 15 2011, 06:00 PM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

QUOTE(eligible @ Nov 14 2011, 11:14 PM)
user posted image

PETALING JAYA: Heads up to Touch 'N' Go (TNG) users: PLUS has been closing down selected reload lanes on the North-South Expressway (NSE) in stages since July.

PLUS corporate communication general manager Khalilah Mohd Tahar said the closing down was an effort to facilitate smoother traffic flow especially during peak hours.

source : thestar

u live in cave never heard of Touch 'n Go Spot
user posted image
touch and go reload machine:
user posted image
and bank atm machine? doh.gif doh.gif shakehead.gif
xavi5567
post Nov 15 2011, 06:01 PM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

QUOTE(ciavin @ Nov 15 2011, 05:42 PM)
Talk about tough n go. Last week..i was heading to The Curve car park and i decided to use the TNG for parking. But when i touch the reader, the gate did not open and thus i have to take ticket and park inside The Curve. And later in the evening, when i use the Smart Tag...the toll gate did not open and the reader indicate " KAD TIDAK SAH".
So the next day, i went to Bangsar South and told the TNG officer about the problem. He suggest me not to use TNG for parking as recently there are lots of issues on parking.
So my question is: Why TNG integrate with shopping complexes if there are so many problems?
never use TNG for parking u get charge more... i only use it for my smart tag.. nothing else.. whistling.gif
TSeligible
post Nov 15 2011, 06:29 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(Laser Beam @ Nov 15 2011, 12:14 PM)
got people try to fight, majority still want toll to go on.
without toll, we won't have streetlights,

the hole in malaysia's road will increased as well. ( you wanna drive in a highway suddenly got a hole there? )

QUOTE(ciavin @ Nov 15 2011, 05:42 PM)
main reason from Gov : reduce printing parking tickets

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:40 AM