Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Comfortable & affordable shoes

views

lynbabysusu
post Nov 4 2011, 08:02 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(BlurSotong @ Nov 4 2011, 01:16 PM)
I tried lotsa brands. Even Rockports flats could kill me. At the moment I pakai hush puppies. So far so good. A week d. The most comfy footwear i bought was rm 10 very nice slipper. Tahan lasak some more. Almost 4 years. Ipanama rm 79.90 pun kalah.

Added on November 4, 2011, 1:17 pmSorry.derailing thread d. Will edit when I get home.
True, i dont find that expensive ladies shoes especially slippers/flats necessarily comfy sad.gif

I prefer slippers to flats,thicker soles are more comfy,less slippery too. Hate flip flops,wont wear them except no choice
munkeyflo
post Nov 4 2011, 09:24 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,714 posts

I have a pair of Hush Puppies jogging shoes and yes they are very comfy. But I don't know how much it cost, was a gift. tongue.gif

I thought iPanama was pretty good? Heard a lot of good comments actually.
I had a pair of Roxy flip flops and it was just stupid, waste of money. I like flip flops the most. RM10-20 flip flops the best. laugh.gif

I have a pair of Scholl too. Not exactly the most comfortable pair. After walking in it for long, it'll hurt my feet. And it's very heavy too.
kelvinthetermite
post Nov 4 2011, 09:46 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

-

This post has been edited by kelvinthetermite: Nov 10 2016, 09:11 PM
TSs t a c y
post Nov 4 2011, 11:37 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(ConnieGurl @ Nov 2 2011, 07:25 PM)
LOL i dont buy shoes from nose or vincci too.. but RM100 and below... it's really hard to get comfy one.

i normally buy mine from eclipse, nice and comfy for work smile.gif
Oh eclipse! Will go find out soon!! Thanks biggrin.gif

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Nov 2 2011, 08:16 PM)
Aldo heels are by far the most comfortable heels I ever own. My sis has tons of heels and Aldo is still her number one choice. Another thing is Guess shoes are not comfy at all, even if the price is quite similar to Aldo.

Vincci, cheap and not very durable. But if not for daily use then still quite ok. Lots of varieties though. Nose, don't like the shoes there, especially the heels. Have only bought flats there once, did not last very long. I have a pair of evening shoes from summit, quite ok but I only use it a few times and the sole seems like coming off edi.

Below rm100 hard to get comfy heels. Nowadays flats also rm60 edi. And by heels, what type? Kitten heels? Platform heels? Stilettos? Thick heels? Wedges?

Btw, how are Charles and Keith shoes?
Aldo heels are so expensive!!! And yea they are reeeeeaalllyyyyyyy high!! But I love their designs, quite outstanding, very different from others..

The previous flats I wore was from Summit. Wore it from Mon-Thurs for few months. It was quite hard and uncomfy at first but after awhile it kinda fit my feet and it became comfy. But the disadvantage of this flats is it has no ventilation...Very stuffy inside...

I'm looking for platform/wedge/stiletto but not the really thin kind. I tend to fall if the heels are too thin.

I wore a gladiator heels from Charles & Keith, I find it painful..Maybe the leather is too hard unsure.gif

QUOTE(lynbabysusu @ Nov 4 2011, 12:26 PM)
Heels that comfy but very high will cause tired legs to those not used to wearing heels. Same time,low heels but not comfy will hurt legs(scratchy etc). Best test before buy. I don't normally buy branded shoes for ladies shoes,i only splurge on a good pair of sport shoes.

Normally a non-branded heels that's comfy... From my experience is 70 above. One that i like best is 90,which i bought back in penang,in the shoe shops like those in berjaya times square.

I don't find any brand or type of flats extremely comfy,but wearable lo. Those i buy from almost anywhere from 20 onwards,i never spend more than 50 for flats. I too bought those at the normal shoes shop at random places.

I personally dislike vincci,i dont find their shoes comfortable at all,what more they are getting pretty pricey,i find better shoes at voir unexpectedly. As for nose and blay,they have nice shoes,comfy level ok for me,but sometimes a bit expensive.

Imo,it's better for u to try urself than buying from what we tell u smile.gif since everyone's feet are diff. Best to try on,u feel comfy only buy,and many a time,pretty shoes r not comfy.

Added on November 4, 2011, 12:27 pmOpps,actually the 90 bucks heels is wedges,not heels.
Yea I actually wanted to try those shoe stores in Times Square but their designs always fail me...The most comfy shoes I have is a strap wedges I got from a boutique in Kota Damansara for only RM30! I can walk in that the whole day without feeling painful.

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Nov 4 2011, 09:24 PM)
I have a pair of Hush Puppies jogging shoes and yes they are very comfy. But I don't know how much it cost, was a gift. tongue.gif

I had a pair of Roxy flip flops and it was just stupid, waste of money. I like flip flops the most. RM10-20 flip flops the best. laugh.gif

I have a pair of Scholl too. Not exactly the most comfortable pair. After walking in it for long, it'll hurt my feet. And it's very heavy too.
I tried Hush Puppies as well but I don't like their designs...Haha I'm very choosy and mafan!!

Yea I heard a lot of ppl complimenting iPanema but I don't think it's any better than other brands. At least to me.

I love my flip flop too! I bought for RM12 only if I remembered correctly. Personally I don't like branded stuff as they are sometimes overvalued and, like you said, stupid.

I always thought Scholl has comfortable shoes!!
munkeyflo
post Nov 5 2011, 12:11 AM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,714 posts

QUOTE(s t a c y @ Nov 4 2011, 11:37 PM)
That's what 'Marketing' do to people. laugh.gif
BlurSotong
post Nov 5 2011, 12:24 AM

Getting Started
Group Icon
VIP
111 posts

Oh eclipse! Will go find out soon!! Thanks biggrin.gif
Aldo heels are so expensive!!! And yea they are reeeeeaalllyyyyyyy high!! But I love their designs, quite outstanding, very different from others..

The previous flats I wore was from Summit. Wore it from Mon-Thurs for few months. It was quite hard and uncomfy at first but after awhile it kinda fit my feet and it became comfy. But the disadvantage of this flats is it has no ventilation...Very stuffy inside...

I'm looking for platform/wedge/stiletto but not the really thin kind. I tend to fall if the heels are too thin.

I wore a gladiator heels from Charles & Keith, I find it painful..Maybe the leather is too hard  unsure.gif
Yea I actually wanted to try those shoe stores in Times Square but their designs always fail me...The most comfy shoes I have is a strap wedges I got from a boutique in Kota Damansara for only RM30! I can walk in that the whole day without feeling painful.

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Nov 4 2011, 09:24 PM)

I tried Hush Puppies as well but I don't like their designs...Haha I'm very choosy and mafan!!

Yea I heard a lot of ppl complimenting iPanema but I don't think it's any better than other brands. At least to me.

I love my flip flop too! I bought for RM12 only if I remembered correctly. Personally I don't like branded stuff as they are sometimes overvalued and, like you said, stupid.

I'm not really a shoe person and I'll choose comfort over design anyday... but reading this topic here, I realise I have shoes from all the brands mentioned. tongue.gif tongue.gif

Aldo - wasn't comfy for me cos too high. I walk a lot and I takut losing my balance in monorail, so.... one discarded pair. check.
Summit - 2 pairs, can't remember if I was comfy, so I guess it was wearable but not comfy enough to be remembered. Both shoes heels rosak.
VISS - a pair, comfy but heels rosak too.
Charles & Keith - was my first pair and the salesperson told me "leather shoes will feel tight now but will be okay later." bought wrong size, given it away...
Eclipse - bought it to go with a dress for dinner.... honestly, I dunno where my mom rearrange it away it. wasn't comfy for me too but then again it was 4 inches...
Scholl - I ditch it somewhere in the house cos it's design was really not my age.
Rockport - it really needs some wearing to get comfy. cuts too. took quite awhile but man... it is nice now... felt springy with each step but don't get those kayu base design... those are heavy.
Hush puppies - Got a pair just the way i like it. Once and a half inch... Surprisingly, the design wasn't too mature for me.
Nose - somehow I just don't buy it...
Vincci - only as a last resort.
Crocs - stopped wearing after my cousin's got stuck in a escalator. no difference from imitation except softness, the smell is ugh!
Pasar Malam - iPanama imitation and price. I belly much the liking.
iPanama - just like crocs. depending on design. my iPanama actually introduces problem i never thought I experience with a slipper. Too flexible to the point that the wedge between the toes came off.
Birkenstock - aaah..... this is another nice brand but I find it too pricey for the design I wanted... slipper saja I ada....
Camel - got it as a gift. gave it away cos design i don't like. not that comfy either.
Pharmacy bought shoes in hospital - RM 120, but very boring design... bought it just to walk to during my uni years.

Sport shoes mau kira? Gotta change thread name d if this continues about shoes. blush.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif
lynbabysusu
post Nov 5 2011, 12:32 AM

24 posts

I know right! A few times I wanna get shoes for festivals and events,since I'm studying here I thought I'll shop around here,don't need go back Penang only buy. But I always ended up none here,and able to buy back in Penang!!! XD

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Nov 5 2011, 12:11 AM)
That's what 'Marketing' do to people. laugh.gif
Lol,I just "interviewed" my mom. She bought one scholl vy auntie-like slippers and wore for many years,she even bought a new one that's similar after the first pair spoilt. (I personally never got attracted by scholl's design lol)

K here's her answer.

She said at first when start to wear,maybe a few months,can be very tiring and true also very heavy. But she said that is coz the shoes r shaping our feet to proper pasture. Then she said,it gets more and more comfy as you wear it,and the heavy weight actually very nice when driving biggrin.gif And she said when it gets so comfy,when rosak and time for it to retire so sad pulak lol.

Added on November 5, 2011, 12:38 amOh ya,my mom said Clarks is better now,my dad got back problem,cured after get a good pair from Clarks!! Too bad not many design. Another few casual shoes that I like is probably Crocodile and Camel(forgot what's really called) usually sold in places like Pacific/Parkson/Jusco

This post has been edited by lynbabysusu: Nov 5 2011, 12:38 AM
munkeyflo
post Nov 5 2011, 12:28 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,714 posts

QUOTE(lynbabysusu @ Nov 5 2011, 12:32 AM)
Lol,I just "interviewed" my mom. She bought one scholl vy auntie-like slippers and wore for many years,she even bought a new one that's similar after the first pair spoilt. (I personally never got attracted by scholl's design lol)

K here's her answer.

She said at first when start to wear,maybe a few months,can be very tiring and true also very heavy. But she said that is coz the shoes r shaping our feet to proper pasture. Then she said,it gets more and more comfy as you wear it,and the heavy weight actually very nice when driving  biggrin.gif And she said when it gets so comfy,when rosak and time for it to retire so sad pulak lol.

Yeaa one thing is that Scholl designs all mainly for aunties. My mum has a few pairs of Scholl as well and she was quite pissed off when it spoils so easily. She had to take it to cobbler to repair few times already.

I still don't like the heaviness. Prefer light flats and slippers.
Mine actually hurts me on my baby toe there, it'll get very red after walking in it for long. But maybe also because of that, I don't wear it on daily basis and it doesn't shape to my feet.
TSs t a c y
post Nov 5 2011, 04:37 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(BlurSotong @ Nov 5 2011, 12:24 AM)
I'm not really a shoe person and I'll choose comfort over design anyday... but reading this topic here, I realise I have shoes from all the brands mentioned.  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

Aldo - wasn't comfy for me cos too high. I walk a lot and I takut losing my balance in monorail, so.... one discarded pair. check.
Summit - 2 pairs, can't remember if I was comfy, so I guess it was wearable but not comfy enough to be remembered. Both shoes heels rosak.
VISS - a pair, comfy but heels rosak too.
Charles & Keith - was my first pair and the salesperson told me "leather shoes will feel tight now but will be okay later." bought wrong size, given it away...
Eclipse - bought it to go with a dress for dinner.... honestly, I dunno where my mom rearrange it away it. wasn't comfy for me too but then again it was 4 inches...
Scholl - I ditch it somewhere in the house cos it's design was really not my age.
Rockport - it really needs some wearing to get comfy. cuts too. took quite awhile but man... it is nice now... felt springy with each step but don't get those kayu base design... those are heavy.
Hush puppies - Got a pair just the way i like it. Once and a half inch... Surprisingly, the design wasn't too mature for me.
Nose - somehow I just don't buy it...
Vincci - only as a last resort.
Crocs - stopped wearing after my cousin's got stuck in a escalator. no difference from imitation except softness, the smell is ugh!
Pasar Malam - iPanama imitation and price. I belly much the liking.
iPanama - just like crocs. depending on design. my iPanama actually introduces problem i never thought I experience with a slipper. Too flexible to the point that the wedge between the toes came off.
Birkenstock - aaah..... this is another nice brand but I find it too pricey for the design I wanted... slipper saja I ada....
Camel - got it as a gift. gave it away cos design i don't like. not that comfy either.
Pharmacy bought shoes in hospital - RM 120, but very boring design... bought it just to walk to during my uni years.

Sport shoes mau kira? Gotta change thread name d if this continues about shoes.  blush.gif  tongue.gif  laugh.gif
I was reading the bold line and then I saw the list right below it...YOU ARE A SHOE PERSON! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Oh my oh my! Where can I find Rockport and Birkenstock?

QUOTE(lynbabysusu @ Nov 5 2011, 12:32 AM)
I know right! A few times I wanna get shoes for festivals and events,since I'm studying here I thought I'll shop around here,don't need go back Penang only buy. But I always ended up none here,and able to buy back in Penang!!! XD

K here's her answer.

She said at first when start to wear,maybe a few months,can be very tiring and true also very heavy. But she said that is coz the shoes r shaping our feet to proper pasture. Then she said,it gets more and more comfy as you wear it,and the heavy weight actually very nice when driving  biggrin.gif And she said when it gets so comfy,when rosak and time for it to retire so sad pulak lol.

Added on November 5, 2011, 12:38 amOh ya,my mom said Clarks is better now,my dad got back problem,cured after get a good pair from Clarks!! Too bad not many design. Another few casual shoes that I like is probably Crocodile and Camel(forgot what's really called) usually sold in places like Pacific/Parkson/Jusco
I have to plan a trip to Penang soon! Haha where do you buy in Penang?

I went to Scholl once, thinking they have comfy shoes. The moment I stepped into the store I was like..let's go out, the designs ain't for me! Haha!
BlurSotong
post Nov 6 2011, 01:23 AM

Getting Started
Group Icon
VIP
111 posts

QUOTE(s t a c y @ Nov 5 2011, 04:37 PM)
I was reading the bold line and then I saw the list right below it...YOU ARE A SHOE PERSON!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Oh my oh my! Where can I find Rockport and Birkenstock?
No, no, i just happen to try lotsa brand, and not finding the right one... tongue.gif a shoe person would be my sis and her "converted" study room to shoe closet.

The only Birkenstock I know in Malaysia is in Lot 10 first floor (I think) in front of the escalator, and Rockport in 1Utama(old wing next to hush puppies i think), Fahrenheit88 ( just masuk and you'll see it on the right), Curve ( near borders and tesco)...
lynbabysusu
post Nov 6 2011, 02:14 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(s t a c y @ Nov 5 2011, 04:37 PM)
I have to plan a trip to Penang soon! Haha where do you buy in Penang?

I went to Scholl once, thinking they have comfy shoes. The moment I stepped into the store I was like..let's go out, the designs ain't for me! Haha!
The place i normally able to find shoes to my liking is Megamall,but not the one in island but the one in Perai. The number of shoes shops is honestly not much and most of them situated on the same floor(a few scattered on on ground floor and more than 3 almost next door to each other on 1st floor). But surprisingly i managed to find a few to my liking from time to time,hope u got lucky and there's nice stuffs when u come to penang.

U can try penang island megamall pinang,or commonly called prangin by us for non-branded shoes and stuffs,be warned they might not be the best of quality,quality that matches sg wang lol~

Other malls in penang,eg gurney plaza,queensbay,1st avenue are honestly waste of time if ure from kl as all the shoes shops they have are the chain stores they have in kl,therefore,similar or even same styles. I get bored with the new typical branded stuffs malls in penang sad.gif prefer something diverse
gennee
post Nov 6 2011, 03:28 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

my heels/shoes are mostly from vincci/nose. it's cheap and nice. as for comfort, some can be really comfortable, while others, not so.

i dont really splurge on shoes, only for dinner. altho vincci/nose are not that durable, you cant keep shoes without wearing them for too long either. it'll still get spoil.

then again, with big feet like mine, i dont have much choices. even charles n keith dont really carry size 40 n above.

This post has been edited by gennee: Nov 6 2011, 03:29 AM
Bellarina
post Nov 6 2011, 04:24 PM

10 posts

i have heels from branded and non branded stores.
but surprisingly the one i got from non branded stores is the most comfy 1...
so it's very subjective... you cant say you cant buy comfy shoes at lower price... it depends on the quality not the price...
TSs t a c y
post Nov 7 2011, 12:19 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(Bellarina @ Nov 6 2011, 04:24 PM)
i have heels from branded and non branded stores.
but surprisingly the one i got from non branded stores is the most comfy 1...
so it's very subjective... you cant say you cant buy comfy shoes at lower price... it depends on the quality not the price...
Where did you get your non branded shoes?
gilmar
post Sep 12 2012, 08:12 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

Camel flats, I have a few good brands of heels but they are not comfortable. I got Larrie flat sandals during an offer and it's good. Maybe you can get them at offer. However, hard leather shoes are uncomfortable and sometimes there isn't time to break them.

This post has been edited by gilmar: Sep 12 2012, 08:20 AM
Mollai
post Sep 12 2012, 01:19 PM

Casual
474 posts

lately i bought some vincci flats and they are quite good..lucky me smile.gif
Jacksyn
post Sep 12 2012, 06:45 PM

12 posts

Maybe you should wait for Hush Puppies warehouse sales.
Last time I bought a pair of super comfy shoes at RM40 only.. biggrin.gif
agnesnini
post Sep 13 2012, 01:39 PM

2 posts

Vincci?? but its getting expensive and expensive, the quality getting worse..
Walk-in not bad...price affordable smile.gif
KohSin
post Sep 14 2012, 04:02 PM

Enthusiast
721 posts

vincci cant tahan lama.......n is expensive, tak worth for the quality......i only buy it when they r having sales
berrytree1818
post Sep 15 2012, 10:57 AM

7 posts

U can go AEON there the shoe section, those brand of CR2, crocodile shoes are comfortable and affordable price (RM59 onwards)

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0295sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th June 2022 - 10:13 PM