Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nokia Lumia 800, The first real windows phone by Nokia

views

TSg5sim
post Feb 12 2011, 10:01 AM, updated 9y ago

Look at all my stars!!
5,245 posts

Updated October 26, 2011

Its official. Searay is now Lumia 800. Nokia also announced Lumia 710 with the same processor. The Wp7.5 devices will cost 420EUR and 270EUR respectively

Lumia 800 specs (420EUR):

1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon processor
512MB of RAM
16GB of storage (and 25GB of SkyDrive storage)
The 3.7-inch, WVGA 800x480 AMOLED display
8-megapixel camera Carl Zeiss optics and a n f2.2 aperture lens.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Lumia 710 specs:

1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon processor
512MB of RAM
8GB of storage
The 3.7-inch display
5-megapixel camera

user posted image

http://press.nokia.com/2011/10/26/nokia-sh...at-nokia-world/

Available for pre order -
official launch in three weeks time

Added June 24

Well there was a big applause by the press audience when Nokia CEO said "this will be Nokia's first WP7 device". Check 2.32mins, the applause went on for more than 10secs and Nokia CEO had to interrupt to stop the applause and get with the press conference

from Endgadget:

Ok, this one's odd. In fact, we didn't believe the images until a video just surfaced showing Nokia CEO, Stephen Elop, foolishly asking a crowd of people to "put away their cameras" for the unveiling of something "super confidential," codenamed "Sea Ray." Naturally, a few people ignored the plea for "no pictures please" and, indeed, someone leaked what appears to be a Nokia-produced video of the unveiling to the blogosphere. What is it? Why, it's Nokia's first Windows Phone. While it looks nearly identical to the just announced N9, the different LED placement on the back (in line with the same 8 megapixel Carl Zeiss lens) confirms it's a new device as does the additional hardware button (for shutter release, we presume) along the side. And the fact that it's running Windows Phone 7 Mango seals the deal. See a few more shots and the full uncut video (and relevant snippet) after the break.

Source and video: http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/23/nokias-...ages-and-video/

user posted image

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

may look something like this tongue.gif

user posted image

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/11/exclusi...ncept-revealed/

i like the blue one tongue.gif

Look what we've found! This is the first image you'll see anywhere of the early fruit of Microsoft and Nokia's budding new partnership. We have it on good authority that the technicolor phones on show are conceptual devices produced by the two companies. You shouldn't, therefore, go jumping to conclusions about retail hardware just yet, but hearts should be warmed by the familiarity of Nokia's new design -- the shape of these handsets is somewhere between its recent N8 and C7 Symbian devices and there is, as usual for Nokia, a choice of sprightly colors. The trio of keys adorning the new concept's bottom give away its Windows Phone 7 ties, but also remind us that the N8 and E7 are highly unlikely to receive any WP7 upgrade love. The best part about this whole discovery, however, might be that it confirms Steve Ballmer's assertion that the engineers of both companies have "spent a lot of time on this already." So, who else is excited about owning an Engadget-blue Microkia device?

Edited May 26:

http://www.i4u.com/46740/nokia-swamp-2012-windows-phones

It has been already over a half year since the first wave of Windows Phone 7 devices launched. There are actually no signs that there will be new Windows Phones until the release of Windows Phone 7 Mango in early fall. Nokia's VP of Smart Devices Jo Harlow says to change that once Nokia gets started with the first Windows Phone 7. In an interview with PCMag she said that Nokia plans to release new Windows Phones every three months.

That would be good thing for getting traction in the crowded smartphone market space. It feels like there is every other week a new Android phone coming out.

Nokia is rumored to launch the first two Windows Phone 7 devices in Q4. Of course Nokia needs to do more than just release lots of new handsets. Microsoft and Nokia need to get the eco-system for the Windows Phones up to the levels where Apple and Google are.

Edited June 17:

Source:

http://smarthouse.com.au/Phones/Industry/E4V5U3C4?page=1

and

apparently "Nokia Windows Phone Will Blow Your Socks Off"

SOURCE - http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/nokia-w...-your-socks-off

Updated Oct 2 - purported Nokia Searay WP7.5 launching this month

user posted image

Added Oct 24, 2011

Nokia starts WP7.5 Searay TV ads (teaser) in UK.

Is it just me or that thing will most probably be available immediately during its launch date on Oct 26?

added 18 Dec 2011

many thanks to eat cake everyday who alerted this thread that Lumia 800 and 710 are listed as Coming Soon at Nokia Malaysia\s website.

http://www.nokia.com/my-en/products/products/

added 2/21/2012

Lumia 610, 719 & 910 to come

Lumia 610

http://www.canwegetone.com/news/nokia-lumi...aked-id-say-no/

user posted image

Lumia 719

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/nokia-lumia-7...sig-21-02-2012/

user posted image

Lumia 910

same as Lumia 900 minus the LTE radio for the US market. 910 is set to launch for Asia and Europe.

user posted image

This post has been edited by g5sim: Feb 21 2012, 08:13 PM
bigboysid
post Feb 12 2011, 02:57 PM

18 posts

BLUE !
enCORe
post Feb 13 2011, 12:16 PM

Gadget lovers
5,301 posts

I think its good move but they should opt the android platform too
previously nokia always makes fine piece hardware but with lacking OS

TSg5sim
post Feb 14 2011, 04:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,245 posts

more colors from Nokia. Nokia is like the fashion house of hand phone

this picture and the above pic have been confirmed by Nokia

user posted image
enCORe
post Feb 14 2011, 07:24 AM

Gadget lovers
5,301 posts

I saw Nokia news today that "their 1st priorty is to beat android", thus it might not entering android platform.

This sucks, they should make both platform instead annoucing war to android, I mean, look on how successful korean LG and Samsung makes for both OS

via engadget feed
TSg5sim
post Feb 14 2011, 09:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,245 posts

QUOTE(enCORe @ Feb 14 2011, 07:24 AM)
I saw Nokia news today that "their 1st priorty is to beat android", thus it might not entering android platform.

This sucks, they should make both platform instead annoucing war to android, I mean, look on how successful korean LG and Samsung makes for both OS

via engadget feed
Nokia has always emphasized on different platform than LG/Samsung/HTC/. Thee three companies including Motorola Eriksson are all banking on Android. All three have only announced one WP7 model per country. Nokia wants to be the break out WP7 hardware maker for WP7. Thats how they differentiate the brand with other brands.
karxian
post Feb 15 2011, 04:51 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(g5sim @ Feb 14 2011, 04:32 AM)
more colors from Nokia. Nokia is like the fashion house of hand phone

this picture and the above pic have been confirmed by Nokia

user posted image
it looks cool...
any rumour about when is this phone out?...
i thinking of changing my phone too.....
monsh
post Feb 15 2011, 10:15 PM

Let's Change The World !
4,167 posts

nokia opt for wp7 .
means d market goes to wp7 OS
not to Nokia OS
Joseph Hahn
post Feb 16 2011, 09:40 PM

kpop k
6,334 posts

Well they wanted to create a 3 way horse race thus the WP7 option. But nothing is signed yet atm.
mnaaimf
post Feb 17 2011, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(enCORe @ Feb 13 2011, 12:16 PM)
I think its good move but they should opt the android platform too
previously nokia always makes fine piece hardware but with lacking OS
agree!! I experienced in winmo os. lagging all the time..microsoft should keep concentrate on window pc only not on mobile phone. they failed. rclxm9.gif
Prevail
post Feb 20 2011, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

windows mobile????
come on those were yesterday
please update
clutch31
post Mar 2 2011, 04:13 PM

Casual
360 posts

So any further news on this?
TSg5sim
post Mar 2 2011, 09:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,245 posts

no news yet. people are expecting the phones to he on shelfs early 2012 or the earliest in term for 2011 xmas rush.
JenLOI
post Mar 13 2011, 03:22 PM

Casual
351 posts

nokia finally bind with ms
megat89
post Mar 13 2011, 09:38 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

lol..nokia might only able to release WP7 phone after 2 years..

Nokia’s first Windows Phone 7 devices won’t hit the market for another two years, and the company’s partnership with Microsoft carries some wide-ranging and systemic risks.

That comes from Nokia’s publicly released Form 20-F 2010 report, a massive tome submitted to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and posted on Nokia’s Website.
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wirele...-Report-829647/
Matrix
post Mar 14 2011, 08:57 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

I read it's going to hit next year...2012....too late oready....End of the World.
LOL.

Anyway, i said it before, if they don't hit the market THIS YEAR, it's too late for both of them.
TSg5sim
post Mar 23 2011, 02:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,245 posts

rumors has it that Nokia will dish out four WP7 handset models. Two with chasis 1 (min 1gh processor) and two with chasis 2 = 0.8gh processor. Current chasis one model are all with the SRP of above RM2000 in Malaysia. With the introduction of chasis 2, it will drastically reduce the price point of WP7 models.
SugarBlush
post Mar 26 2011, 08:54 AM

17 posts

Wow, can't wait! biggrin.gif
murv90
post Apr 23 2011, 11:54 AM

On my way
580 posts

There has been a lot of debate over the Nokia and Microsoft Partnership, especially regarding when Nokia will start the production of the Windows Phone 7 devices. While the exact dates are yet to be announced, Mobile Review revealed that we can expect at least 4 devices in early 2012.

Another area Nokia and Microsoft are having a challenge in agreeing is the naming convention of the new phones. It will be difficult for both to modify their existing conventions to please the other, but at large the Nokia Windows Phone devices will be carrying a "W" prefix. This will be the link factor for the Nokia phones running on the Windows operating system.

As per the details made available, Nokia will be releasing the first handset in early 2012, which will be a modified version of the Nokia X7. It will have an 8MP camera, a Qualcomm QSD8250 chipset and a WVGA screen. A Windows Phone version of the Nokia N8 will also be in the markets towards the end of the first quarter or early in the second one. It will, like the N8 have a 12MP camera and also boast a Dual-Core Qualcomm processor.

From the specifications of the sets mentioned, it appears that Microsoft and Nokia are both in harmony to continue with the focus on camera phones. One interesting thing to note here is how Nokia is being made to adopt the Qualcomm processor to power its devices, the credit of which largely goes to Microsoft.

There are two more, one that will be a touch screen QWERTY phone and another low priced model aimed to cater to the lower tier of the smartphone market. While the 4 are just the beginning, Nokia will be releasing at least a dozen Windows Phone 7 devices. There is a lot more to come from this Nokia/Microsoft handshake for sure. Let's wait and see how 2012 shapes for both the giants and how they can benefit from each others’ position.

Source: http://www.arcticstartup.com/2011/04/21/no...7-in-early-2012

designs same as X7 and N8 i think the early 2 models that will arrive early next year. rclxub.gif
vinorgouki
post May 11 2011, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

sure buy 1 if got chinese support n not more than rm1500, hehe.....

This post has been edited by vinorgouki: May 11 2011, 12:39 PM

142 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0373sec    0.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd December 2020 - 09:23 PM