Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Solar Power Generation, for home use/sell back to tnb

views

yushin
post Sep 26 2020, 08:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,311 posts

QUOTE(9m2w @ Aug 16 2020, 07:30 PM)
Hi solar gurus. I have a few questions regarding storage batteries. Was just wondering if the price of lithium ion batteries have gone down in comparison to lead acid? Also do we have anything on the local consumer market resembling a Powerwall? And apologies in advance for this noob question are there actually battery solutions that do away with the charge controller and possibly the inverter?

Not looking to significantly reduce my electricity bills. Just powering devices, garden lights and occasionally some electronic devices.
I know someone here is doing DIY power wall using 18650 battery, not sure how is their progress now.
I dont think powerwall is sold in lazada/shopee. All DIY.
My own power rack (not powerwall), i build using large square prismatic LFP cells(100AH and 400AH) instead. No time to test and group so many small 18650 3AH cells. blush.gif

Cheap PWM charge controller only rm25.

Inverter will be more expensive especially those that can power up aircond's inductive load.
You can do away with the inverter if you are willing to convert your electrical system to DC, but it will be a really big project to cover whole house lor.

If someone plan to build a solar house then maybe they can consider adding DC ports.

If you want to play with DIY solar, you can start with replace garden light, car posh light etc. Those items are easily replace with DC equivalents.

9m2w
post Sep 28 2020, 03:22 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
1,021 posts

QUOTE(yushin @ Sep 26 2020, 08:13 PM)
I know someone here is doing DIY power wall using 18650 battery, not sure how is their progress now.
My own power rack (not powerwall), i build using large square prismatic LFP cells(100AH and 400AH) instead. No time to test and group so many small 18650 3AH cells. blush.gif

Inverter will be more expensive especially those that can power up aircond's inductive load.
You can do away with the inverter if you are willing to convert your electrical system to DC, but it will be a really big project to cover whole house lor.

If someone plan to build a solar house then maybe they can consider adding DC ports.

If you want to play with DIY solar, you can start with replace garden light, car posh light etc. Those items are easily replace with DC equivalents.
Oh I see.

Not looking to power up the house, maybe start off small with garden lights, porch lights and probably electrical sockets for devices.

Thanks for the info bro. And good luck with your power rack!
SUSAsquith
post Sep 29 2020, 04:06 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(yushin @ Sep 26 2020, 08:13 PM)

Where do you source such parts from?
yushin
post Sep 29 2020, 07:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,311 posts

QUOTE(Asquith @ Sep 29 2020, 04:06 AM)
Where do you source such parts from?
Electronics - taobao or lazada.
LFP prismatic cells - taobao or aliexpress.
vivre
post Sep 29 2020, 11:01 PM

No need to look at these stars ....
825 posts

Hi guys,

I am seriously considering putting solar panel at my house. However, my roof slope is kinda steep and therefore I am planning to have them installed over my water tanks instead. Just wondering whether you guys aware of any good contractor for this kind of job? It will be something like this :

user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by vivre: Sep 29 2020, 11:02 PM
Syie9^_^
post Sep 30 2020, 05:39 PM

Catwoman
1,027 posts

QUOTE(vivre @ Sep 30 2020, 12:31 AM)
Hi guys,

I am seriously considering putting solar panel at my house. However, my roof slope is kinda steep and therefore I am planning to have them installed over my water tanks instead. Just wondering whether you guys aware of any good contractor for this kind of job? It will be something like this :

user posted image
user posted image
https://www.facebook.com/groups/558908781116660/

66 Pages « < 64 65 66Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:50 AM