Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Design Market Price, Knowledge

views

ifwan
post Dec 20 2011, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

hi, just wanna drop my opinion about this pricing system.

for freelancers:

- pricing almost must be cheaper than a graphic company or else you will easily fail to land any job
- pricing too low (etc logo for rm10), will definitely killing off design market & it'll be so hard for all of us & you to 'cari mkn' sad.gif
- you can't compare work & price with printing shop, yes their price for design work is very2 cheap but they've got different target market from freelancer & design company. their customer mostly from 'walk-in' customer, the design work take around 10min-1hour to setel & etc. so, you got the picture right?
- skill level is also very important for freelancer. they will heavily determine on how much client willing to pay you when they see your portfolio brows.gif
- you must have your own business target. how much profit do you want from one month? do you need only one job to reach your target or you need to do multiple jobs to hit the target. it depends on YOU. cool2.gif
- like printing shop, you need to have a target market. targeting those big company & you'll get paid huge money rclxm9.gif & vice versa

this is just my opinion & from my experience only. i may do wrong but it serve me well for this time being. i once a freelancer and experimenting a lot with my pricing system. the result? there is no standard system for me. tongue.gif it really depends on several factors between you as a designer, your client and our own Malaysian design market. cheers!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.68    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:05 PM