Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to determine SME set?, especially for s plus and s 2.

views

TSKolZ175
post Aug 25 2011, 10:18 PM, updated 13y ago

14 posts

How to check samsung handphone is original?

i want to get my own smartphone from samsung brand, but i heard a lot of rumours about some of the retailers selling ap products as ori products.

but how do i check the handphone when i trade with the seller?anyone can teach me such skills to check it.

thanks a lot =)

This post has been edited by KolZ175: Aug 28 2011, 03:18 AM
heavy rain
post Aug 25 2011, 10:24 PM

Casual
351 posts

ap is ori la
ijat91
post Aug 25 2011, 10:43 PM

Casual
402 posts

QUOTE(KolZ175 @ Aug 25 2011, 10:18 PM)

i want to get my own smartphone from samsung brand, but i heard a lot of rumours about some of the retailers selling ap products as ori products.

but how do i check the handphone when i trade with the seller?anyone can teach me such skills to check it.

thanks a lot =)
then you are clearly doesn't know that ap are also ori product from samsung but because it come other country, the warranty are not valid here.
That is why ap company give their own warranty, the phone are not the china imitation... smile.gif
vista enthusiasist
post Aug 25 2011, 10:49 PM

Casual
431 posts

QUOTE(KolZ175 @ Aug 25 2011, 10:18 PM)

thanks a lot =)
topic should be change to how to determine SAMSUNG SME set?
gajahwhite
post Aug 25 2011, 10:52 PM

Android Monster
1,852 posts

AP set
- Original, but warranty from other country / shop warranty

Original set
- Company in Malaysia warranty, such as SME

Imitation set
- clone/fake
- ex: phone look like Samsung Galaxy S, but got dual sim card? got TV antenna? o.O..

Added on August 25, 2011, 10:53 pm
QUOTE(vista enthusiasist @ Aug 25 2011, 10:49 PM)
topic should be change to how to determine SAMSUNG SME set?
see inside if got the SME sticker or not..
usually at battery, at back cover, at mainboard, also at screw

or google for it.. so u can see how they look like

This post has been edited by gajahwhite: Aug 25 2011, 10:56 PM
benny888
post Aug 25 2011, 10:58 PM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

Refer this SGS II official thread and see section Buying phones in Malaysia page 1, post #1 ( end of the writeup)

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2004613

SUSSimilan
post Aug 25 2011, 11:19 PM

Casual
344 posts

open the casing at the back, check for sirim sticker
enCORe
post Aug 26 2011, 10:07 AM

Gadget lovers
5,301 posts

Most known brand AP PDA phone actually original.
Unlike some Nokia phone which easily dissected, local supplies (non authorized dealer) has evil plan. They replace the case or keypad to cheaper one & sell the original case & accessories for profit, wala there u go for AP set.
But for AP PDAphone mostly has original warranty, but ONLY applicable to country it should be sell. ie imported Singapore. Imitation phone, KIRF (look alike) consider AP set because only local or underwater supplier bring them. Dont expect authorize dealer bring it here because they know its sucks to be clone.

Best way before buying make research & reading review of your desired devices. Its important to understand how its operated and interface. So you dont get cheat to buy "Sumsung Galataxy S2" comewith dual sim, TV antenna and running windows mobile..
TSKolZ175
post Aug 28 2011, 03:05 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(ijat91 @ Aug 25 2011, 10:43 PM)
then you are clearly doesn't know that ap are also ori product from samsung but because it come other country, the warranty are not valid here.
That is why ap company give their own warranty, the phone are not the china imitation... smile.gif
thanks for telling me the details, because i really noob in phone world.=)

but how come some of the handphone got 3 years warranty, 2 years and 1 years.

for example, senQ told me their samsung galaxy s2 is 3 years, but for some authorized samsung outlets are 2 years warranty, and normal dealers are 1 year warranty only.is it i am correct?

Added on August 28, 2011, 3:11 am
QUOTE(gajahwhite @ Aug 25 2011, 10:52 PM)
AP set
- Original, but warranty from other country / shop warranty

Original set
- Company in Malaysia warranty, such as SME

Imitation set
- clone/fake
- ex: phone look like Samsung Galaxy S, but got dual sim card? got TV antenna? o.O..

Added on August 25, 2011, 10:53 pm

see inside if got the SME sticker or not..
usually at battery, at back cover, at mainboard, also at screw

or google for it.. so u can see how they look like
okei, the imitation spec really awesome XD.

i cant find out the sticker picture. do you have the picture to show me?thanks a lot =)

Added on August 28, 2011, 3:12 am
QUOTE(benny888 @ Aug 25 2011, 10:58 PM)
Refer this SGS II official thread and see section Buying phones in Malaysia page 1, post #1 ( end of the writeup)

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2004613
thanks bro, your thread really very useful. =)

Added on August 28, 2011, 3:17 am
QUOTE(enCORe @ Aug 26 2011, 10:07 AM)
Most known brand AP PDA phone actually original.
Unlike some Nokia phone which easily dissected, local supplies (non authorized dealer) has evil plan. They replace the case or keypad to cheaper one & sell the original case & accessories for profit, wala there u go for AP set.
But for AP PDAphone mostly has original warranty, but ONLY applicable to country it should be sell. ie imported Singapore. Imitation phone, KIRF (look alike) consider AP set because only local or underwater supplier bring them. Dont expect authorize dealer bring it here because they know its sucks to be clone.

Best way before buying make research & reading review of your desired devices. Its important to understand how its operated and interface. So you dont get cheat to buy "Sumsung Galataxy S2" comewith dual sim, TV antenna and running windows mobile..
thanks!bro!

how come there got different warranty that are provided by different retailers, such as 1years, 2 years and 3 years.

for example, senQ provided 3 years warranty but the price is fixed and expensive.

2nd, the authorized samsung outlets are provided 2 years and the price also fixed.

3rd, the normal dealers are provided 1 year only, but their price would be cheaper much.

so is it all the normal dealers are only got 1 year warranty d rite?

i m worried about some of the dealers are use privated sirim to replace into the ap set, then i will buy the ap set.so how do i overcome it?appreciate it a lot

Added on August 28, 2011, 3:18 amthanks for the rest to provide the information. =)

This post has been edited by KolZ175: Aug 28 2011, 03:18 AM
WanMya
post Feb 20 2013, 01:18 PM

Casual
471 posts

Got sme sticker blue and black? The round one
soulseeker6187
post Feb 20 2013, 01:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,765 posts

QUOTE(WanMya @ Feb 20 2013, 01:18 PM)
Got sme sticker blue and black? The round one
why u necro this old thread doh.gif

Yes ORI will have SME Malaysia sticker.

And AP will have AP company sticker or other country Samsung Distributor sticker
divo90
post Nov 11 2013, 10:24 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

I try getting information on internet on how to find out whether my Samsung is original or not and find website that stated that we can check through IMEI number .
So I already try and based on the website if the information appear after we put the IMEI number is the same with our phone model thus it is original
I dont know how far the truth of the website . But U guys can try .

Here are the link of the website : http://www.imei.info/
ck_boon
post Nov 11 2013, 02:09 PM

Regular
1,882 posts

QUOTE(ijat91 @ Aug 25 2011, 11:43 PM)
but i think for ap set they took off all ori headset charger replace with normal set one?
Baronic
post Nov 12 2013, 03:57 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

try to avoid necroing old threads as the TS likely isnt here / question answered

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:35 PM