Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Wiring guide : 3 color wire (green, blue,black), Which one neutral, live and earth

views

R4yMoNd
post Apr 4 2018, 02:13 AM

1,120 posts

Dear Sifu.. icon_question.gif

Need some advise and help here. icon_rolleyes.gif

Objective: To provide Neutral Wire to my light switch for my new smart switch

Situation: I have 2 Gang Light Switch (for fan and lamp) next to Aircond switch

Q 1: Can I jumper the neutral in of aircond switch cable to provide Neutral in to the new switch?

I'm not sure if the Air Cond and light from same circuit, which I don't think so. hmm.gif

Q 2: Is it okey to tap neutral from the ceiling light itself? or should i tap from the ceiling fan? hmm.gif

Q 3: What is the black and green wire inside the double gang light switch?
I have multimeter and perhaps I will test out to be sure, but early advise will be great

Last option is to tap new wire from the circuit box, but i will have additional 8 lighting switch point to replace rclxub.gif

For reference and better understanding, please refer to both image i provide in this post

Attached Image

Attached Image

Thank you!!!! notworthy.gif

R4yMoNd
post Apr 4 2018, 05:14 PM

1,120 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ Apr 4 2018, 08:36 AM)
q1 : how many rcd or elcb the electrical board has? if 1 then yes, you can loop the neutral from aircon switch.
q2 : not necessary.
q3 : green should be earth that is wrapped with some wire tape to direct connect them together. black one should be neutral that is direct connect with wire tape.

be careful ok. and never assume wire function and phase based on wire color alone. always test before touching. be careful about neutral that is direct connect. sometimes when you separate them, a neutral that is disconnected from the neutral link becomes a live wire. so, you should know what you are doing before proceeding. good luck.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I will test with Non Contact Volt Meter and also close the circuit before performing the job.

I will test and update later..

Thank you
R4yMoNd
post Apr 5 2018, 10:00 PM

1,120 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ Apr 4 2018, 08:36 AM)
q1 : how many rcd or elcb the electrical board has? if 1 then yes, you can loop the neutral from aircon switch.
q2 : not necessary.
q3 : green should be earth that is wrapped with some wire tape to direct connect them together. black one should be neutral that is direct connect with wire tape.

be careful ok. and never assume wire function and phase based on wire color alone. always test before touching. be careful about neutral that is direct connect. sometimes when you separate them, a neutral that is disconnected from the neutral link becomes a live wire. so, you should know what you are doing before proceeding. good luck.
Manage to install the neutral cable without any issue.
1. test with multimeter
2. Extend the cable with connector / coupler and cover it with electrical tape for added security
3. Install and all working fine.

Thanks alot

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0108sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:42 PM