Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Wiring guide : 3 color wire (green, blue,black), Which one neutral, live and earth

views

JasonTheGreat
post Jun 22 2020, 02:27 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 11 2011, 12:06 AM)
Please do not DIY if you even not know how to differentiate green, blue and black in the first place.

Hire electrician to do the job, electricity can be dangerous, if not know to handle it.

Standard
Black - live
Blue - neutral
Green - earth.
Hi. Can you advice on this.
Why Live is connected to Neutral and Neutral to Live?

Thanks

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
JasonTheGreat
post Jun 22 2020, 03:51 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Jun 22 2020, 02:44 PM)
Because, humans make mistakes.
Just like traffic light, red is stop, green is go, but millions of people still beat red light.

Colour code supposed to be standardise but theres a lot of faux electrician out there simply connect using any colour. And it gets more complicated if its looping (ie not direct DB because if you change it at one end it might still be wrong halfway- need to trace back that circuit whether it is just that one circuit or others also affected.

If you can confirm using test pen that the live is the hot one, turn off whole DB box, check again and confirm with working test pen that all are off already, then swap the bottom pair (clean wires without paint) correctly, then it should be OK.

That's why rule #1 always assume previous faux electrician is an idiota, test to confirm your test pen is working, test test test before touching any wires, NEVER WORK HOT (live). Always assume the wire is hot and make sure to confirm the DB box is all off as well, even after lunch break always assume someone has turned it on, test test test, and colours are installed by colour blind previous faux electrician.
Thanks. I have confirmed with test pen. The one I circled from incoming (Blue line) is actually LIVE WIRE. Crap man how these licensed electrician does the 3 phase wiring. So dangerous.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
JasonTheGreat
post Jun 22 2020, 07:29 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

QUOTE(stormer.lyn @ Jun 22 2020, 04:44 PM)
The wiring is correct as done by the electrician in your picture. You are wrong in your assumption that the electrician has done a dangerous job. I'm not trying to be condescending here, but please understand the wiring standards before you do wiring. Please be safe.
Okay. So the color code changed?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
JasonTheGreat
post Jul 1 2022, 10:54 AM

Enthusiast
832 posts

Hi
I have an Oven 3300kw @16amp and gonna wired to a 20amp 2 pole isolated switch. So the mains incoming 16amp DB wires is going to connect to LINES in the switch and the oven cable to the LOAD on the Switch.

Any issue with this?Just want to make sure that contractor is doing it right.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:00 AM