Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Living near high tension wires

views

TSmarcusboy
post May 9 2011, 12:08 AM, updated 13y ago

Getting Started
91 posts

Hi all you sighs out there. I really need sone advice. What are your thoughts of buying a house and living near high tension wires? The houses near such structures are generally cheaper.
Does anyone know if there are any I'll effects although I heard about radiation. How bad is it?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

brian0008
post May 9 2011, 12:13 AM

10 posts

i heard that u wont see any bad effect unless u stay there 10years above..

i got the source from an uncle who doin property..he always remind me of this..never buy because of its cheaper..cus u will find that its very hard if u wanna sell it off..
mych
post May 9 2011, 12:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,068 posts

http://www.royalrife.com/powerlines.html
brian0008
post May 9 2011, 12:18 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(mych @ May 9 2011, 12:14 AM)
wow, sounds really bad...better not buying those house if possible..
ronn77
post May 9 2011, 07:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,508 posts

If you have a choice, never ever go for property that near to the high tension cables. See how the Paramount garden condos which suppose to be having a good value but turns out to be? Apart fm detriment to your health, it will be even worse for investments as you going to having headaches finding buyers to dispose your house.
ksnjvk
post May 9 2011, 09:14 AM

17 posts

No conclusive research results show it is detrimental to health. It is still debatable issue but people spooked and dont want to take the risk. Handphone also got issues but did it stop you frm using it???

thunderaj
post May 9 2011, 09:27 AM

General Manager
1,175 posts

Well handphone is also radiation to certain extend.But high tension cable carrys high voltage electricity compare to our phone 220 v.
michaellee
post May 9 2011, 09:46 AM

Regular
1,095 posts

QUOTE(marcusboy @ May 9 2011, 12:08 AM)
Hi all you sighs out there. I really need sone advice. What are your thoughts of buying a house and living near high tension wires? The houses near such structures are generally cheaper.
Does anyone know if there are any I'll effects although I heard about radiation. How bad is it?

There is no scientific proof to show high tension wires will have adverse effects. I cannot believe people are still falling for that crap. Worse are the people who actually propagate the information as you can already see in this thread.

However, having said that, the only thing with high tension wires are the houses will be harder to sell and lower in terms of values.
jusco1
post May 9 2011, 09:51 AM

On my way
618 posts

but i guess most hse now are build near to one.
furryfluffy
post May 9 2011, 09:53 AM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

The structures are designed with sufficient safety clearances and if there is no steel theft like those happening in east coast grid in sabah, the tower wont collapse.

However, general human would always see this as a hazard. Fengshui wise also not advisable.

(Engineering wise, these towers carry most probably 132kV. Any conductor carrying current will produce electromagnetic field around it.)

jusco1
post May 9 2011, 10:20 AM

On my way
618 posts

u can try to avoid, but if u dun have much choice.. what to do..
am staying in puchong prima.. where the whole area there are near to high tense wire.
and the hse can fetch 400k.... maybe we might find it hard to sell later. but when there are no more hse nearby. ppl will still have to buy...
john@
post May 9 2011, 10:36 AM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(ronn77 @ May 9 2011, 07:42 AM)
If you have a choice, never ever go for property that near to the high tension cables. See how the Paramount garden condos which suppose to be having a good value but turns out to be? Apart fm detriment to your health, it will be even worse for investments as you going to having headaches finding buyers to dispose your house.
While everyone is bashing the low return on property near high tension cable.
There's plenty of example that this is not the case:
- Lagoon homes in Kota Kemuning by Gamuda.
- Citrine in Putra Height by Sime dayby
- USJ height by sime darby?

And along Kelana Jaya LDP, i guess most ppl know that there's high tension cable along it. Even there's a Power Substation close to the terrace.
i don't see those old terrace in Taman Megah fetching low price?
In fact is there complaints from Taman Megah folks?

i guess it's all down to the location. When the location is highly demanded, ppl will just buy it.
harrychoo
post May 9 2011, 11:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,589 posts

How to identify high tension cable?
furryfluffy
post May 9 2011, 11:55 AM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(harrychoo @ May 9 2011, 11:11 AM)
How to identify high tension cable?
user posted image

Not cables. They are mostly bare aluminium conductors (ACSR).
ganz
post May 9 2011, 12:00 PM

Livin' Ain't No Crime
1,138 posts

for one thing.. there is no development nearby.. so ur house (if facing the high tension cable) will be having a free obstruction view for almost forever.. biggrin.gif

it is not conclusive effect.. the same goes to telco tower effect or using handphone effect..
AVFAN
post May 9 2011, 12:18 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(ganz @ May 9 2011, 12:00 PM)
it is not conclusive effect.. the same goes to telco tower effect or using handphone effect..

quite true - can search the whole www, won't find a official body or gomen endorsed scientific paper saying 200' unsafe, 500' safe, etc.

in practice, one will stay away from these htc if one has a choice. but if you really like that spot, there really isn't anything concrete to say no to it.

HaoYuan
post May 9 2011, 05:33 PM

Kai Qi Baby
1,401 posts

QUOTE(thunderaj @ May 9 2011, 09:27 AM)
Well handphone is also radiation to certain extend.But high tension cable carrys high voltage electricity compare to our phone 220 v.
john@
post May 9 2011, 06:34 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(thunderaj @ May 9 2011, 09:27 AM)
Phone where got operate at 220v? It's 5V lar....it's charged with 220V and adapted to 5V into the phone.
The radiation from phone is the electromagnetic signal that the phone keep sending to the telco station to be connected and shows that the phone is ON.
If the phone is in building, lift or in pocket, the signal is weak, then the phone will auto boost the electromagnetic wave to reach the telco station and this will further harm us.
adhoc
post May 10 2011, 11:02 AM

5 Star Trader
1,384 posts

MY house is nearby high tension wire shocking.gif
Power Lines
post Jul 10 2011, 06:03 PM

1 posts

Magnetic Field Exposure and Cancer: Questions and Answers

Source: National Cancer Institute http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factshe...magnetic-fields

Key Points

* Electric and magnetic fields (EMF) are areas of energy that surround any electrical device. EMFs are produced by power lines, electrical wiring, and appliances (see Question 1).

* Electric fields are easily shielded or weakened by walls and other objects, whereas magnetic fields are not. Since magnetic fields are more likely to penetrate the body, they are the component of EMFs that are usually studied in relation to cancer (see Question 1).

* Overall, there is limited evidence that magnetic fields cause childhood leukemia, and there is inadequate evidence that these magnetic fields cause other cancers in children (see Question 2).

* Studies of magnetic field exposure from power lines and electric blankets in adults show little evidence of an association with leukemia, brain tumors, or breast cancer (see Question 3).

* Past studies of occupational magnetic field exposure in adults showed very small increases in leukemia and brain tumors. However, more recent, well-conducted studies have shown inconsistent associations with leukemia, brain tumors, and breast cancer (see Question 4).

Added on July 10, 2011, 6:06 pmCell Phones and Cancer Risk

Source: National Cancer Institute http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/cellphones

Key Points

* Cell phones emit radiofrequency energy. Concerns have been raised that this energy from cell phones may pose a cancer risk to users (see Question 1).

* Radiofrequency energy is a form of non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation; exposure depends upon the technology of the phone, distance between the phone’s antenna and the user, the extent and type of use, and distance of the user from base stations (see Question 2).

* Researchers are studying tumors of the brain and central nervous system and other sites of the head and neck because cell phones are typically held next to the head when used (see Question 3).

* Research studies have not shown a consistent link between cell phone use and cancer. A large international study (Interphone) published in 2010 found that, overall, cell phone users are at lower risk for two of the most common types of brain tumor—glioma and meningioma―compared to non-users. For the small proportion of study participants who reported the most total time on cell phone calls, there was some increased risk of glioma, but the researchers considered this finding inconclusive (see Question 3).

* Further research is needed to investigate possible health effects in children and persons who have used cell phones heavily for many years.

This post has been edited by Power Lines: Jul 10 2011, 06:06 PM
samsk
post Jul 11 2011, 12:53 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(marcusboy @ May 9 2011, 01:08 AM)

Later you get high tension sickness..
Better dont buy there...
naing
post Jul 11 2011, 02:05 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(samsk @ Jul 11 2011, 12:53 PM)
Later you get high tension sickness..
Better dont buy there...
Well.. I tested electromagnetic field(EMF) at empty land 200 ft away from High tower transmission line. It is lower than what you get EMF at home...smile.gif
You better stay in open field without electricity if you worry about that...smile.gif

My point is EMF is around us if you have electricity..
And if EMF is lower than 0.4 micro Telsa, we consider no risk to health...
jusco1
post Jul 11 2011, 02:50 PM

On my way
618 posts

if u really like that location, then what is your issue..
there will be electric everywhere..
and high tension wire is very common now...

but if u have the choice and money to get a better hse..
no body is stopping u...
beast_doadore
post Jul 11 2011, 04:13 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

Sometimes, Peoples are easily to foot by those bull shits.
There is no scientific evidence about living near high tension wires cause any bad effect.
if there is mostly people stay in the city everyone get ill,
for example KL u can found high tension everyway.
even high tension wires or telco just set up every way..like in your office..I'm no kidding, just u may not realise the telco tower just set up on the top of your office, or high tension wires just beside your working office, so dun go to work because you may stay more hour in ur office compare to your house may be no have any "radiation" as you may think biggrin.gif

just my opinion, we just stay away at least 10m away, should be fine.

This post has been edited by beast_doadore: Jul 11 2011, 04:22 PM
edyek
post Jul 11 2011, 04:48 PM

Business Rating :
3,820 posts

High Tension = Nothing.

Cemetry also got people live beside it. tongue.gif
felixwang
post Jul 12 2011, 10:08 AM

On my way
546 posts

Despite all arguments, it is better safe than sorry. My advise is for you to stay away from live high tension cables.
JeffreyYap
post Nov 6 2011, 03:22 PM

Anti lowballers & noob drivers since 2010
1,232 posts

My house behind got high tension cable and substation. i have been living there for 15years, still healthy biggrin.gif. Even my families.
madmoz
post Nov 6 2011, 07:14 PM

4,250 posts

for a moment i thought you guys were discussing living with a b****y spouse laugh.gif
New 2 Property
post Nov 6 2011, 07:59 PM

9 posts

I think it depends on how far away is your property from the wires. My house is about 300 feet away and I did do some research which said 200 feet is acceptable..
saab900
post Nov 10 2011, 04:09 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

why bother to buy it at the first place? for commercial maybe, but not for own stay...
anakMY
post Nov 13 2012, 02:50 PM

Regular
1,349 posts

"Those living within 200 metres of the overhead cables were 70% more likely to develop the disease than similar children living more than 600 metres away. And those living between 200 and 600 metres away had a 20% increased risk."

Source: http://m.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/jun/0...ty&type=article
HouseToLive
post Dec 17 2012, 05:02 PM

- A.W.E.S.O.M.E -
1,973 posts

Wht about TNB sub stations?
SUSMaterazzi
post Dec 17 2012, 05:42 PM

Regular
1,569 posts

U will feel weaker if u live near htc
peri peri
post Dec 18 2012, 09:00 AM

10k nonsense talkative club
All Stars
11,940 posts

u will got migraine
cloudchng
post Dec 18 2012, 09:54 AM

Getting Started
287 posts

it might or might not affect your health, but it's surely affecting the selling price

This post has been edited by cloudchng: Dec 19 2012, 11:11 AM
peri peri
post Dec 19 2012, 08:54 AM

All Stars
11,940 posts

taman connaught will be a good case study. wondering all those shop tenant will become magnet human in future or not.

Dwango
post Dec 19 2012, 01:01 PM

Casual
491 posts

Avoid if you can. There is risk that the radiation will affect the offspring when still inside the womb.
youkoo
post Dec 19 2012, 01:56 PM

5 posts

though might yet to be proven of it's negative side effects. as an wise investor, of course, definitely will avoid it, since there are plenty of alternatives.

Just like ones believe in religion, though scientifically unproven, yet believers still embrace it.

when majority believe there is a risk. then there is no room for appreciation. Unless below market value substantially lo.

if cheaper by 25% to market price. invest for generating long term rental passive income can be considered. tenants not living for years, some dun really mind.

This post has been edited by youkoo: Dec 19 2012, 01:57 PM
peri peri
post Dec 19 2012, 03:06 PM

All Stars
11,940 posts

radiation = electromagnetic?
jex-koi
post Dec 19 2012, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(peri peri @ Dec 19 2012, 03:06 PM)
radiation = electromagnetic?
Radiation may not necessarily be from EM (electro-magnetic). To put it in simply terms,

radiation = Automobile
EM = Car

For me, definitely staying away from tension cables.
funnybone
post Dec 19 2012, 03:34 PM

Enthusiast
958 posts

Those research papers are sometimes funded by the ppl or even govt that have interests in building high tension wires brows.gif
However, to really be sick coz of these wires is subjective still. Besides, you live of die, God decides anyway brows.gif
chwlim
post Dec 19 2012, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

So...what is the ideal distance from house to a high tension cables?
post Dec 19 2012, 05:07 PM

Regular
1,549 posts

QUOTE(cloudchng @ Dec 18 2012, 09:54 AM)
it might or might not affect your health, but it's surely affecting the selling price
Who said affected selling price? Jz take example....Sri Jati 2 @Jalan Puchong.......sell at >350k.....< 50m of HTC and behind is TNB Sub-station. biggrin.gif

Ppl still buying rclxub.gif .

Added on December 19, 2012, 5:08 pm
QUOTE(chwlim @ Dec 19 2012, 04:36 PM)
So...what is the ideal distance from house to a high tension cables?
>200m lor... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by 22222222: Dec 19 2012, 05:08 PM
chwlim
post Dec 19 2012, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(22222222 @ Dec 19 2012, 05:07 PM)
>200m lor... biggrin.gif
I see...thanks for the advice. I will take note of that to be safe rather than sorry nod.gif
peri peri
post Dec 20 2012, 08:59 AM

All Stars
11,940 posts

last hear in 30m buffer,

same like sewerage treatment plant, buffer is 10m only

3rd world development, 15% props will facing such set back.

I also noticed, those sub stations attached to building for apartment and shop lot, very very hard to get tenant.
SUSendau02
post Dec 26 2012, 04:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,180 posts

http://www.energy.siemens.com/hq/en/power-...ssion-lines.htm

http://www.energy.siemens.com/hq/pool/hq/p...lines/GIL_e.pdf

there is a solution for every problem 1.. depends u wanna do it onot nia
felixwcf
post Sep 4 2013, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

I just want to update at here,

I read a lot of articles, becasue I want to look for my first house myself too, and some of them are located near to the high tension cable. sad.gif

I also go to take advise from people like property agents, technicians, and mostly from internet sources.

My conclusion is:
1. The best distance should be always more than around 400m (as I read an article said the zero effect should be at distance of >600m away, some said 200m is ok di). What I think is how many years that you want to live near to the cable and how far/near you expose to those cables.

2. Not to say to people who live near WILL get cancer. No offense! It's my conclusion from many sources! Those people are getting higher chance (around 20%-40%) to get cancer, health diseases, or sore/sensitive eyes in long term of staying near to the cables. Babies and young children are likely to have higher chance to get Leukemia, or skin cancer, because they're still in puberty period and growing. There's no news in newspapers reporting a baby or young child has leukemia/cancer/disease and is dying because of exposing to high tension cables right?

3. Notice that those condos (even high ends and built by famous developers) which is near to high tension cable are cheap compared to the same level of the condos in that particular area. Alam Puri, Casa Kiara...

Don't even mentioned about microwave, laptop, or even cell phone/smartphones, comparing to high tension cables. Those are in different categories in voltage and radiation level and category. Chance of getting diseases is depending on how near you expose to it and how long time you stay near to it. Some stay for 5 years, 10 years, some for investment..

Getting disease is nonsense and just bullshit? Then why you can find so many related-articles made from scientist, experts, engineers and doctors, about those who getting MANY diseases and cancers from high possibly chance exposing to the radiation compound?

Then why they still want to build near to it? Who cares? I mean.. the greedy and arrogant developers want to earn as much as possible, and nobody force you to buy the unit near to the cable, right?

The above statement is somehow, my own opinion, conclusion from many sources and my little 2 cents.. No intention to offense anyone especially those who stay near to high tension cable.. Just a humble opinion for everyone so everyone can stay healthy and safety all the time cheers. smile.gif

This post has been edited by felixwcf: Sep 8 2013, 11:21 PM
clarence1986
post Sep 4 2013, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(felixwcf @ Sep 4 2013, 01:40 PM)

I read a lot of articles, becasue I want to look for my first house myself too, and some of them are located near to the high tension cable. sad.gif

I also go to take advise from people like property agents, technicians, and mostly from internet sources.

My conclusion is:
1. The best distance should be always more than around 400m (as I read an article said the zero effect should be at distance of >600m away, some said 200m is ok di). What I think is how many years that you want to live near to the cable and how far/near you expose to those cables.

2. Not to say to people who live near WILL get cancer. No offense! It's my conclusion from many sources! Those people are getting higher chance (around 20%-40%) to get cancer, health diseases, or sore/sensitive eyes in long term of staying near to the cables. Babies and young children are likely to have higher chance to get Leukemia, or skin cancer, because they're still in puberty period and growing.

3. Notice that those condos (even high ends and built by famous developers) which is near to high tension cable are cheap compared to the same level of the condos in that particular area. Alam Puri, Casa Kiara...

Don't even mentioned about microwave, laptop, or even cell phone/smartphones, comparing to high tension cables. Those are in different categories in voltage and radiation level and category. Chance of getting diseases is depending on how near you expose to it and how long time you stay near to it. Some stay for 5 years, 10 years, some for investment..

Getting disease is nonsense and just bullshit? Then why you can find so many related-articles made from scientist, experts, engineers and doctors, about those who getting MANY diseases and cancers from high possibly chance exposing to the radiation compound?

Then why they still want to build near to it? Who cares? I mean.. nobody force you to buy the unit near to the cable, right?

The above statement is somehow, my own opinion, conclusion from many sources and my little 2 cents.. No intention to offense anyone especially those who stay near to high tension cable.. Just a humble opinion for everyone so everyone can stay healthy and safety all the time cheers. smile.gif
Appreciate it. So 600m at least then.
heavensea
post Oct 10 2016, 01:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

According to research and publications put out by the World Health Organization(WHO), EMF such as those from power lines, can also cause:

Short term Health Problems,

Headaches.
Fatigue
Anxiety
Insomnia
Prickling and/or burning skin
Rashes
Muscle pain
Long term Health Problem:

Following serious health Problems may be arise due to EMF effects on human Body.

(1) Risk of damaging DNA.

Our body acts like an energy wave broadcaster and receiver, incorporating and responding to EMFs. In fact, scientific research has demonstrated that every cell in your body may have its own EMF, helping to regulate important functions and keep you healthy.
Strong, artificial EMFs like those from power lines can scramble and interfere with your body’s natural EMF, harming everything from your sleep cycles and stress levels to your immune response and DNA!

(2) Risk of Cancer

After hundreds of international studies, the evidence linking EMFs to cancers and other health problems is loud and clear. High Voltage power lines are the most obvious and dangerous culprits, but the same EMFs exist in gradually decreasing levels all along the grid, from substations to transformers to homes.

(3) Risk of Leukemia:

Researchers found that children living within 650 feet of power lines had a 70% greater risk for leukemia than children living 2,000 feet away or more.(As per British Medical Journal, June, 2005).

(4) Risk of Neurodegenerative disease:

“Several studies have identified occupational exposure to extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields (EMF) as a potential risk factor for neuro degenerative disease.”(As per Epidemiology, 2003 Jul; 14(4):413-9).

(5) Risk of Miscarriage:

There is “strong prospective evidence that prenatal maximum magnetic field exposure above a certain level (possibly around 16 mG) may be associated with miscarriage risk.” (As per Epidemiology, 2002 Jan; 13(1):9-20)
heavensea
post Oct 10 2016, 01:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

I don't get how those condos can be approved to built around htc...
heavensea
post Oct 10 2016, 01:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(felixwcf @ Sep 4 2013, 01:40 PM)

My conclusion is:

2. Not to say to people who live near WILL get cancer. No offense! It's my conclusion from many sources! Those people are getting higher chance (around 20%-40%) to get cancer, health diseases, or sore/sensitive eyes in long term of staying near to the cables. Babies and young children are likely to have higher chance to get Leukemia, or skin cancer, because they're still in puberty period and growing. There's no news in newspapers reporting a baby or young child has leukemia/cancer/disease and is dying because of exposing to high tension cables right?

Then why they still want to build near to it? Who cares? I mean.. the greedy and arrogant developers want to earn as much as possible, and nobody force you to buy the unit near to the cable, right?

So you've bought a condo/house nearby htc?
SUSempatTan
post Oct 10 2016, 02:57 AM

Regular
1,678 posts

An ugly wife. R thr health effects from her face? Would u marry one? Deep questions these...
heavensea
post Oct 21 2016, 05:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(empatTan @ Oct 10 2016, 02:57 AM)
An ugly wife. R thr health effects from her face? Would u marry one? Deep questions these...
you means living nearby htc is harmless like an ugly wife? confused.gif
SUSempatTan
post Oct 21 2016, 05:13 PM

Regular
1,678 posts

QUOTE(heavensea @ Oct 21 2016, 05:08 PM)
you means living nearby htc is harmless like an ugly wife? :confused:
An fugly wife. Is it really harmless...?... ...
heavensea
post Oct 21 2016, 07:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(empatTan @ Oct 21 2016, 05:13 PM)
An fugly wife. Is it really harmless...?... ...
What I means is health concerns.
htc affect health in long term? icon_question.gif
ppl really don't care about this, and property subsales price isn't affected at all?

This post has been edited by heavensea: Oct 21 2016, 07:06 PM
SUSempatTan
post Oct 21 2016, 07:21 PM

Regular
1,678 posts

QUOTE(heavensea @ Oct 21 2016, 07:05 PM)
What I means is health concerns. 
htc affect health in long term? icon_question.gif
ppl really don't care about this, and property subsales price isn't affected at all?
U not thinking deep enough, grasshopper...
heavensea
post Oct 21 2016, 07:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(empatTan @ Oct 21 2016, 07:21 PM)
U not thinking deep enough, grasshopper...
confused.gif grasshopper like kamen rider?
SUSempatTan
post Oct 21 2016, 07:44 PM

Regular
1,678 posts

QUOTE(heavensea @ Oct 21 2016, 07:40 PM)
:confused: grasshopper like kamen rider?
Nay, like David carradine of auto-asphyxiation erotica...
mrlive005
post Sep 17 2021, 04:58 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

Than there should be all the people working on this filed and building this tower, should get cancer and died.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0362sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:24 PM