Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [wta]Security door

kitman
post Jul 13 2011, 02:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

remember to secure the windows too! no point getting security doors if the windows are not properly secured.
kelvyn
post Jul 13 2011, 02:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!

windows got grille tongue.gif
Nitrous
post Jul 13 2011, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Jul 13 2011, 11:27 AM)
Not all product from China are bad in quality.
Not all local made products are bad in quality as well.
I have just placed a deposit on Top Security doors for my front and back of my house, I hope they aren't that bad for locally made products. An alternative for those who are interested, are security doors from SKB, they have a new range of security doors recently. And yea, they are local too...

Edit : grammar.

This post has been edited by Nitrous: Jul 13 2011, 04:29 PM
Uzumaki NaruTo
post Jul 13 2011, 05:22 PM

oro?

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Jul 13 2011, 02:46 PM)
windows got grille  tongue.gif
Door got no grille? I am moving to landed but all this while i live on apartment. Right now my front door got 2 bolt (one can be locked from outside) and i put magnetic sensor (subscribing to ADT ) . Same thing with back door. 2 dead bolt (1 up 1 down ) with grille. Is it still not secure compared to the security door? Really concern as i am moving in to a new housing area and there's only few of us moving in.
kelvyn
post Jul 13 2011, 05:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Uzumaki NaruTo @ Jul 13 2011, 06:22 PM)
Door got no grille? I am moving to landed but all this while i live on apartment. Right now my front door got 2 bolt (one can be locked from outside) and i put magnetic sensor (subscribing to ADT ) . Same thing with back door. 2 dead bolt (1 up 1 down ) with grille. Is it still not secure compared to the security door? Really concern as i am moving in to a new housing area and there's only few of us moving in.
Get a guard dog biggrin.gif

Since your area is new and not many has moved in, even if you use security door also would not prevent any break-in if they really wants to. They will just go thru those weak entry points like roof, windows, etc
Uzumaki NaruTo
post Jul 13 2011, 05:45 PM

oro?

Too bad i cant laugh.gif . Yeah the break in reports at the forum are somewhat worrying. The rest of neighbors have kids so have to wait until end of year. we couldn't afford to pay for two house so no choice.
kelvyn
post Jul 13 2011, 05:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Put minimal stuff in the house. Put all your valuables in the bank's safe deposit box
Uzumaki NaruTo
post Jul 13 2011, 08:14 PM

oro?

Nah its not like i got lots of expensive stuffs in the house. Its the occupant inside the house im protecting sweat.gif if they want to take my old notebooks , outdated console be my guest ; The thing is now they attack ( probably mad as there's nothing valuable in the house) the house occupant.
Kelvin5717
post Jul 19 2011, 10:36 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(REEN YONG @ Jul 12 2011, 10:49 PM)
I bought my from Top Security Door. 5ft front + 3 ft back total RM3499 including installation. Avoid China type as i have compare them before and China type is quite bad in quality.
got contact to share ? or webpage ?

QUOTE(weikee @ Jul 12 2011, 11:03 PM)
The lock very important, it lock in side, top and bottom. If jam is hell a hard time to take it out. Also a good quality hinge is a must.

I won't be using this. The conventional Steel door will be god for me.
ya this is what i worried.. but i found alternative to remain my sliding door, so at least if it's jam i still can use my sliding door lol (my sliding door with grill ya)

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Jul 13 2011, 08:54 AM)
If you are already going for this route (using the security doors) then might as well get the better ones.
Someday you may find yourself either locked in or locked out  tongue.gif
yup i also scare hahaha doh.gif

QUOTE(Nitrous @ Jul 13 2011, 04:27 PM)
I have just placed a deposit on Top Security doors for my front and back of my house, I hope they aren't that bad for locally made products. An alternative for those who are interested, are security doors from SKB, they have a new range of security doors recently. And yea, they are local too...

price on ur TOP security door ? mind to share the contact ?? and got SKB contact ??

QUOTE(Uzumaki NaruTo @ Jul 13 2011, 08:14 PM)
Nah its not like i got lots of expensive stuffs in the house. Its the occupant inside the house im protecting sweat.gif if they want to take my old notebooks , outdated console be my guest ; The thing is now they attack ( probably mad as there's nothing valuable in the house) the house occupant.
ya this is also what i worried sad.gif

Nitrous
post Jul 20 2011, 02:00 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Kelvin5717 @ Jul 19 2011, 10:36 PM)
price on ur TOP security door  ? mind to share the contact ?? and got SKB contact ??
I customized my security door from Top Security Door Enterprise, thus it will be more expensive that normal doors. You can take a look at their website below.
Top Security Door

SKB steel doors...
SKB Shutter Steel Security Door

tiensong
post Jul 20 2011, 02:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Anyone know how much to replace the whole set of lock for front security door if the lock system is broken (by thief)??

phoenix69
post Jul 21 2011, 06:35 PM

Regular

Errr,,, I need help here guys.
I am looking for a back area kitchen door.
Those door that opens to the back "lorong area.
I heard that it should be a 2 layer door in 1 frame build and its water proof.
Any recommendations?
Price range?
Design?
China made cheaper?!? icon_question.gif
Jo_da48
post Jul 21 2011, 10:00 PM

Regular

QUOTE(phoenix69 @ Jul 21 2011, 06:35 PM)
Errr,,, I need help here guys.
I am looking for a back area kitchen door.
Those door that opens to the back "lorong area.
I heard that it should be a 2 layer door in 1 frame build and its water proof.
Any recommendations?
Price range?
Design?
China made cheaper?!?  icon_question.gif
Door open facing outside for KC is a standard, and 2 layer basically indicated that a small door open for air flow instead of open the whole back door.
Some prefer local, some prefer China...it all depend on yourself and also the price from your negotiation...

phoenix69
post Jul 22 2011, 09:10 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Jo_da48 @ Jul 21 2011, 10:00 PM)
Door open facing outside for KC is a standard, and 2 layer basically indicated that a small door open for air flow instead of open the whole back door.
Some prefer local, some prefer China...it all depend on yourself and also the price from your negotiation...
Where to get ? and what is the price range? icon_question.gif
Jo_da48
post Jul 22 2011, 11:34 PM

Regular

QUOTE(phoenix69 @ Jul 22 2011, 09:10 PM)
Where to get ? and what is the price range?  icon_question.gif
Normally those 3'7 door can be use for back door. The can be intercharge either facing IN or Out, depend on what you use for.
http://topsecuritydoor.com.my/products.html

The photo "PP1-152b B Indoor-027" on the link, you could see that a small door open (Like a window, secure by grill), which give a choice to open for air flow yet still protecting.

For me, I get from Morris Decor Malaysia Sdn Bhd. Main door (6'7") plus back door (3'7" cost RM3.6K, I guess the small door could be around 1.3 to 1.5 maybe.

Attached Image
* Still in virgin mode

This post has been edited by Jo_da48: Jul 22 2011, 11:36 PM
kelvyn
post Jul 23 2011, 09:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Guys,

In your quest to secure your homes, do not overlook other important areas. biggrin.gif

Attached Image Attached Image

Attached Image Attached Image
property user
post Jul 23 2011, 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Nitrous @ Jul 13 2011, 04:27 PM)

I am using Top Security door and so far, I have no problem with them.

QUOTE(Uzumaki NaruTo @ Jul 13 2011, 05:22 PM)
Are you using solid timber door? If it's the cheap plywood door, then no matter how many locks you are using, it's no use.
bteoh
post Jul 25 2011, 12:16 AM

Getting Started

i also just booked 2 top security door....1.3 each

Added on July 25, 2011, 12:17 ami think they are just slightly expensive if you need to change door frame + wooden door + grill.....so i just make up mind easily to get them

This post has been edited by bteoh: Jul 25 2011, 12:17 AM
johan196600
post Jul 25 2011, 06:30 AM

QUOTE(bteoh @ Jul 25 2011, 12:16 AM)
i also just booked 2 top security door....1.3 each

Added on July 25, 2011, 12:17 ami think they are just slightly expensive if you need to change door frame + wooden door + grill.....so i just make up mind easily to get them
Does the price include installation, or they will charge extra for plastering back the wall? Thks. smile.gif
tiensong
post Jul 25 2011, 11:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Some of the security door which written stainless steel actually is not 304 stainless steel...a lot of people tertipu....some of them rust within a year if expose to water like rain...

This post has been edited by tiensong: Jul 25 2011, 11:47 AM

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0798sec    2.75    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 09:39 AM