Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HiMedia Media Player, All about HiMedia

views

blstz
post Jun 18 2016, 04:48 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

just got himedia h8 and it came with mango hi q. is this good launcher? anyone know how to change the weather at the top right corner to another location? currently only can set for cities in china.
blstz
post Oct 24 2016, 09:53 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

been using h8 octacore 1GB/8GB for a few months without issues. recently my apps start to lag. I only use Kodi and free iptiv app.

for kodi, the video will tend to buffer more often. also every time halfway watching, the video, suddenly will black out and after few minutes it will jump out to the previous menu.

for free iptv app, cant seem to start the app properly. i click on the app and the screen will go black (as if loading) then jump out to main menu. sometimes have to select repeatedly to get it loaded.

already tried clearing cache and freeing some space by uninstalling some unused apps. checked status, seem to have reasonable amount of ram and storage.

is it ok to update my H8 octacore to latest version? currently I select OTA check, it says already with latest version (HMD-1.0.8). But i check on futeko and himedia support page, latest version is HMD-1.1.2. Is the firmware safe to upgrade or are there different firmware for different region? mine came with mangotv launcher. confused.gif unsure.gif

thanks.
blstz
post Oct 24 2016, 10:30 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Oct 24 2016, 10:14 AM)
if apps that stream online hd incl kodi and other iptv start to stutter, it may be due to connectivity issues - broadband unstable, heavy traffic, poor site/links maintenance. free and illegit ones more so.

try with legit ones like netflix or youtube to see if it is the same.

firmware... whether there are multiple versions - yes, best to ask yr seller to avoid problems like that.

i think 1.1.2 is the latest.
alright thanks notworthy.gif
blstz
post Jan 16 2017, 04:15 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

i recently updated my himedia h8 octa firmware from 1.0.8 to 1.1.2 (china firmware with mangotv). I tried updating it with global firmware but i cant seem to get the "flash" going. keeps saying that signature verification failed.

anyway, i've successfully update to v1.1.2 but now i cant seem to get google play back on my set. i've tried installing a few different google play version via apk file (v5, v6 & v7) but google play just jumps out to home screen a few seconds after i click on it.

may i know where or which version would be able to work with my unit?
blstz
post Jan 19 2017, 03:38 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Jan 17 2017, 04:13 PM)
Don't think you can run play store without the framework...
will try again...
any idea where to get working google framework?

i tried installing with google installer apk v2.0. Seems like popular installer for Xiaomi phones to get google play store. after install and tried to load google play store, stuck at a blank white screen. sweat.gif

blstz
post Jan 23 2017, 09:39 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Jan 19 2017, 04:55 PM)
Need to find the right one bro... Lol...

I think must match SoC, etc...

Or just sideload the apps lor.

Things to read...open gapps, freaktab....

If you read Chinese... Go see their Chinese forums
thx bro. finally contacted the seller and he told me to get this. after updating then now google play is ok.

http://bbs.himedia.cn/thread-186361-1-1.html sweat.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.10    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:25 PM