Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Free Access to Airport Lounges with Credit Cards, KLIA, LCCT, Senai and Worldwide

views

winner
post Mar 15 2011, 02:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(yeahh @ Mar 22 2011, 09:49 AM)
1)Alliance Platinum Credit Card, - unlimited access in KLIA only.
2)Alliance Platinum Debit Card and – first 40 pax in KLIA and first 20 pax in LCCT
3)Alliance Premier Debit Card - first 50 pax in KLIA and first 30 pax in LCCT

got a reply from them
I received Black & White statement from Alliance Bank for my Alliance Platinum debit card.

Alliance Premium debit card
- KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge - first 40 pax per month
- LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge - first 20 pax per month

Alliance Platinum debit card
- KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge - first 50 pax per month
- LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge - first 50 pax per month

Alliance Premium debit card a privilege debit card, but it is less “premium” compared to Alliance Platinum debit card in terms of airport lounge access.

This post has been edited by winner: Apr 5 2011, 02:08 PM
winner
post Mar 18 2011, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

Gen-X, you need to edit your posting on Alliance Bank debit card as per my clarification above. It is not UNLIMITED access to LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge. There is a free entry pool of 50 times per month.
winner
post Mar 19 2011, 07:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Mar 18 2011, 09:34 PM)
yeahh, do you mind checking with Plaza Premium Lounge on quota for Alliance Platinum Credit Card, Alliance Platinum Debit Card and Alliance Premier Debit Card.
See my post #2. The answers for Alliance Platinum credit card, Alliance Premium debit card and Alliance Platinum debit card had been given long ago.
winner
post Mar 20 2011, 06:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Mar 20 2011, 03:25 PM)
If you ask me, maybe KLIA not that important  as there are many shops there and can go waste time looking at stuff. But if you do frequent LCCT, then the Plaza Premium Lounge is more comfortable and peaceful as LCCT is like a market.
LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge is too tiny and not so comfortable to be stayed long.

For me, access to airport lounges worldwide is more important especially during the long transit time.

Last time I have SCB VI which gave me priority pass to enter airport lounges in overseas. Now my DA VI gives me 2 passes per year, for entering any MAS Golden Lounges in Malaysia and overseas each.

QUOTE(simplesmile @ Mar 20 2011, 04:04 PM)
I checked your table, and seems like none of my cards have free access to the KLIA or LCCT lounge.
SCB JustOne Titanium
OCBC Titanium
MBB2 Amex Platinum
I have exactly the same combination as yours. But I added Alliance Platinum debit card (limited to 50 entries per month for both KLIA and LCCT Plaza Premium Lounges) and DA VI (free 2 passes upon card approval) for airport lounge access purpose.
winner
post Mar 21 2011, 09:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Mar 20 2011, 08:55 PM)
DA VI give you 2 yearly passes per year? Any conditions? I thought they only give you once and that's it.
The condition is similar to CIMB VS, whereby you need to spend RM100,000 per annum in order to get another 2 passes in the following year. The only different is that, CIMB/DA VI gives 1x free access to any MAS Golden Lounges in Malaysia and 1x free entry to any MAS Golden Lounges in overseas, while CIMB VS gives 2x complimentary entries to Plaza Premium Lounge located in KLIA, LCCT or Changi Airport.
winner
post Apr 5 2011, 01:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Mar 20 2011, 08:55 PM)
DA VI give you 2 yearly passes per year? Any conditions? I thought they only give you once and that's it.
I guess I was confused by the CS officer in Pavilion when I received my DA VI there last year. The girl told me that the free vouchers are renewable on a yearly basis.

I called DA CS just now and was informed that the MAS Golden Lounge vouchers are only given to new VI cardholders. There will be no more free vouchers for second year onwards regardless of how much you spend.

CIMB/DA VI is worse than CIMB VS!
winner
post Apr 5 2011, 02:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(yeahh @ Mar 22 2011, 09:49 AM)
1)Alliance Platinum Credit Card, - unlimited access in KLIA only.
2)Alliance Platinum Debit Card and – first 40 pax in KLIA and first 20 pax in LCCT
3)Alliance Premier Debit Card - first 50 pax in KLIA and first 30 pax in LCCT

got a reply from them
I received Black & White statement from Alliance Bank for my Alliance Platinum debit card (current).

Alliance Premium debit card
- KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge - first 40 pax per month
- LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge - first 20 pax per month

Alliance Platinum debit card
- KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge - first 50 pax per month
- LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge - first 50 pax per month

Alliance Premium debit card a privilege debit card, but it is less “premium” compared to Alliance Platinum debit card in terms of airport lounge access.
winner
post Apr 9 2011, 12:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(saint85 @ Apr 9 2011, 11:43 AM)
The website however, stated something much different, only the first 150 platinum cc card members from alliance bank would get the free entry, following by 50% and 25%... so... very contradicting points... ><
Alliance Bank keeps changing its policy. About the free access to KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge for Alliance Platinum credit cardholders, it was used to be limited entries per month and then changed to unlimited access. And now, if the website mentions 150 pax per month, then you should trust this official statement in the website. Do not listen to Alliance CS officers as they are not well-versed with their bank products. No offence here.
winner
post Apr 11 2011, 04:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

This is the email I received from Alliance Bank, dated 01-04-11

Dear Mr XXX,

Thank you for contacting Alliance Bank Customer Service on 22 March 2011.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to the email.

Kindly refer to the answers as appended below.

1.  For Alliance Bank Platinium Debit Card, how many complimentary entries to KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge per month?

Limit to first 50 pax per month in KLIA

2.  For Alliance Bank Platinium Debit Card, how many complimentary entries to LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge per month?

Limit to first 50 pax per month in LCCT

3.  For Alliance Bank Premium Debit Card, how many complimentary entries to KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge per month?

Limit to first 40 pax per month in KLIA.

4.  For Alliance Bank Premium Debit Card, how many complimentary entries to LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge per month?

Limit to first 20 pax per month in LCCT.

We hope the above clarifies. Please email us at info@alliancebg.com.my if you have further enquiries.

Thank you for banking with us.

Regards,

Pxxx Rxxx

Customer Service Officer

Alliance Bank Contact Centre

Phone : 03-5516 9988

Email  : info@alliancebg.com.my

winner
post Apr 12 2011, 08:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(alexwsk @ Apr 11 2011, 05:21 PM)
premium worse than platinium?
This was exactly what I thought, as Alliance Premium debit cards are offered to Alliance Privilege Banking customers only. Below is the reply I received from Alliance Bank.

Dear Mr XXX,

Thank you for contacting Alliance Bank Customer Service on 31 March 2011.

We would like to clarify that the number of entries are based on the volume usage which the Bank will review from time to time.

Please email us at info@alliancebg.com.my if you have further enquiries.

Thank you for banking with us.

Regards,

Pxxx Rxxx

Customer Service Officer

Alliance Bank Contact Centre

Phone : 03-5516 9988

Email  : info@alliancebg.com.my

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:48 PM
To: info@alliancebg.com.my
Subject: RE: Complimentary Access to Plaza Premium Lounge

Dear Pxxx Rxxx,

Thank you for the feedback.

Why is Alliance Premium Debit Card granted less entries to KLIA and LCCT Plaza Premium Lounges compared to Alliance Platinum Debit Card?  Isn't Alliance Premium Debit Card a premium card offered to Privilege Banking customers?

I look forward to your early reply.  Thank you.

Regards,
XXX

winner
post Apr 12 2011, 04:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Apr 9 2011, 03:23 PM)
As you can see, yeahh and winner also have conflicting confirmation. yeahh's from Plaza Premium Lounge and winner's I guess from Alliance. So who is correct?
QUOTE(Gen-X @ Apr 11 2011, 05:56 PM)
yah based on email above, you can say that. But also we must look at how many people have Platinum cars over Premium cards and then what is the percentage allocated. However, if you see Plaza Premium Lounge reply to yeahh, it is entirely different from the email that winner received. Total allocated into LCCT is 50 combining both Premium and Platinum.
Gen-X, I can ASSURE that my answers are CORRECT. I sent an enquiry to Plaza Premium Lounge via email today and received the official reply from them today too. The answers I received are CONSISTENT with what Alliance Bank emailed me earlier. Please amend the first page immediately to avoid confusion.

Dear XXX,

Greetings from Plaza Premium Lounge!

Thank you for your email and interest in our lounge. Kindly refer to the reply in RED below:

Should you require further information or clarification, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

xxx, Sales & Marketing Executive

Plaza Premium Lounge

Suite 2706, Level 27, Central Plaza, 34, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur

T (603) 2300 3333  F (603) 2300 3335  M (6012) 6756 565  www.plaza-network.com

Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:07 AM
To: enquiry.pplkl@plaza-network.com
Subject: Complimentary Access to Plaza Premium Lounge

Dear Sirs,

I am holding multiple Alliance Bank credit cards and debit cards.

Please advise me on the following:-

1. For Alliance Bank Platinium Credit Card, how many complimentary entries to KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge per month? unlimited

2.  For Alliance Bank Platinium Credit Card, how many complimentary entries to LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge per month? nil

3.  For Alliance Bank Platinium Debit Card, how many complimentary entries to KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge per month? 50 pax

4.  For Alliance Bank Platinium Debit Card, how many complimentary entries to LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge per month? 50 pax

5.  For Alliance Bank Premium Debit Card, how many complimentary entries to KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge per month? 40 pax

6.  For Alliance Bank Premium Debit Card, how many complimentary entries to LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge per month? 20 pax

I look forward to your early reply.  Thank you.

Yours faithfully,
XXX

winner
post Apr 22 2011, 12:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(erry- @ Apr 22 2011, 10:39 AM)
i just come back from alliance, with their debit plat.

card get immediately at the branch. min deposit rm20k, rm12 deduct immediately (card annual fee).

no name embossed on the card.
so can pass this card to any1 to use it to access the lounge? brows.gif
Were you referring to Alliance Bank Platinum Debit Card for Alliance Personal customers?

I thought the minimum deposit is RM50,000? There were afew times when my deposit fell below RM50,000, the bank sent me warning letters and would charge me a monthly penalty of RM25 if I did not top up the deposit.

I guess the card you received is a temporary card. They will issue you a new card with your name embossed on it.

winner
post May 6 2011, 09:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(erry- @ Apr 22 2011, 10:39 AM)
i just come back from alliance, with their debit plat.

card get immediately at the branch. min deposit rm20k, rm12 deduct immediately (card annual fee).
For nomal Hybrid Account with Alliance Platinum debit card, you do not need to maintain RM20,000 in your account.

I have just changed my "Alliance Personal" Platinum debit card to normal Alliance Platinum debit. No minimum deposit is required. So I have withdrawn all money from my Hybrid Account and leave a token RM100 in the account.

This card is accepted at both KLIA and LCCT Plaza Premium Lounges, as long as it is Alliance Platinum debit card.

QUOTE(saint85 @ Apr 25 2011, 07:04 PM)
Please do not call the Alliance Bank Helpline - it is totally USELESS - in fact, they themselves are confused and unsure of their own policies.
I totally agree that most of the Alliance customer service staff do not even know the products and features offered by their bank. It is wasting time to call Alliance hotline.
winner
post May 7 2011, 11:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(mletee @ May 7 2011, 09:25 AM)
eh..i thought hsbc signature got free access to klia?? need to pay 1 ar?
None of the HSBC cards issued in Malaysia gives free airport lounge access. HSBC Premier customers do not even get this kind of benefit.
winner
post May 18 2011, 12:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ May 15 2011, 11:31 PM)
At the KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge, what is the difference between the lounge on the left and on the right ?
Normally they only open one side. If one side is too crowded, they will open up another side too.

QUOTE(Gen-X @ May 16 2011, 01:37 AM)
Was doing research for my new article and came across CIMB Visa Infinite now offers 2 annual pass to Plaza Premium Lounge like Visa Signature and with same condition where you need to spend RM100K for the passes to be renewed. Click link below:

http://www.cimbbank.com.my/index.php?ch=cb...1&tpt=cimb_bank

However, this offer not stated for Direct Access Visa infinite.
DA VI offers this benefit too.
winner
post May 19 2011, 12:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(dark.knight @ May 18 2011, 07:52 PM)
If my flight is at the main terminal and not at the satellite, can I take the aerotrain just to go to the satellite for KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge?
If you take domestic flight, you can't enter KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge.

QUOTE(erry- @ May 19 2011, 05:44 AM)
oh btw - updates: confirmed with PPL staff @ LCCT - Alliance user can access for 2 hours only per day!

i just went there yesterday morning around 6am.
enter by using alliance debit plat mastercard.
It is capped at 50 pax per month. You are lucky, as Alliance customers base is not as big as other banks.
winner
post May 27 2011, 04:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(shiroikun @ May 27 2011, 09:35 AM)
QUESTION : -
I'm having 2 Citibank Plat (Visa and Master) , EON Gold MATTA, UOB Preferred Plat.... Meaning i can have 4 pass to KLIA, so i can bring 3 of my friends along to enter KLIA Premium Plaza?
Somebody here tried this before and it worked. You may try. Normally the officers at counter will check your bording pass and note down the credit card numbers.
winner
post May 28 2011, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(shiroikun @ May 28 2011, 10:25 AM)
If I haven't check in, without the broading pass, she will not let me in? hmm...
You must check in first then only can go to the KLIA satellite building, where the Plaza Premium Lounge is located.
winner
post May 28 2011, 11:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(shiroikun @ May 28 2011, 10:18 PM)
Yah, i know KLIA need to check in 1st. But for LCCT it is different...the Plaza Premium located outside.
As for LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge, there are 2 wings, which are located inside and outside the check-in boarding hall respectively. The counter staff will still check your boarding pass. I normally enter the lounge inside, in order to catch the fight on time.
winner
post May 31 2011, 11:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ May 29 2011, 03:21 PM)
1. I dont quite get why need to spend at least RM100k annually to get the access renewed when it says card holders able to access 2 times a year (annually) too? Or it is due to the term 'automatically', ie have to manually request for access if spending is less than RM100k?

2. Do CIMB VS grant access to LCCT Plaza Premium lounge? Yes, according to Bro Gen-X's blog, but not listed at the 1st post.

3. Noobie question, what is a Priority Pass Membership? Is it the card itself?

Thanks
For CIMB/DA VI and CIMB VS, the 2x complimentary access to Plaza Premium Lounge (KLIA, LCCT and Changi) per annum is automatically renewed if your spending exceeds RM100,000 per year. It is very stingy if compared to SCB Platinum and Alliance Platinum CCs, which give unlimited free access to Plaza Premium Lounge at KLIA only.

With Priority Pass, you can enter airport lounges around the world regardless of what class of air ticket you hold. Among all the cards in Malaysia, only SCB VI gives unlimited free Priority Pass to the cardholders. Meanwhile, EON VS gives 3x complimentary Priority Pass for worldwide airport lounge access.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:59 PM