Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Condo upstairs leaking, Need advise..

views

Cyberyh
post Nov 30 2014, 10:58 PM

7 posts

I need help. The unit above me is leaking to my unit. I inform the management and went to the above unit to inform the owner. The owner was nice, they told me to make my complaint and will deal with management, after 2 weeks, management office claim they have call but owner refuse to pick up. Than I call myself and owner did meet me and check my unit and I went to their unit too. After that, the owner send an email to me and management say they give us 15days to get contractor to settle the leak and clarify the management never contact them at all. But the management send their email to many other resident and theirHQand discuss the leakage with other residents. Words spread. After 9days of waiting with 2 reminder email from that owner, they send a harsh mail askingmanagemennt why publicly share her unit problem and when arrange contractor over. The management ignore their email and later send a separate mail to say contractor is waiting for them to open up their unit doors let contractor inspect and demand they do not delay. The owner got angry because they told my wife that they have do their part but the news speculated.they want a fair reply from management or at least apology or they will ignore everyone else including me(because out of anger I scolded them for delay). Cn I go to COB or take legal action? Can I go to committee to force them open up the door or report police? I cannot talk to them anymore because after scolding them, they block my phone. Management say none of their business and they have inform already. Only 5 days left. Can I sue them? And I ask them to reprint for me when we were in good term, they say they can only repair the leak. Can I reprint and charge them?

This post has been edited by Cyberyh: Nov 30 2014, 11:01 PM
Cyberyh
post Dec 1 2014, 06:47 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Jliew168 @ Nov 30 2014, 11:51 PM)
So did owner do his part rectify the leaking anot? If not send reminder or talk nicely with them

If they are nasty then u also can be nasty..just block the drainage pipe under your unit so that water overflow back to his unit when he using toilet. He will have no choice n compromise with u but that will be long term damage relation with your neighbour
The owner did rectify, but after management office find its recommended contractor, and ask the owner to open up his door for the contractor to check, the owner refuse because while management look for contractor, they fed their mail and spread the leaking news to other residents. Now that owner is asking management to explain or apology and management refuse, and insist the owner to open up the door for checking. Can I just sue them or go COB?
Cyberyh
post Dec 2 2014, 06:19 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Jliew168 @ Dec 1 2014, 10:49 PM)
Let it be ba if the owner rectify the leaking already. As long as your unit is ok already then don't bother him.
Not worth your time to argue unless the leaking problem haven't solve
Eee,...the owner rectify means go and find out the problem,but refuse tolet me or management go into their house to repair unless both me and management office ppl explain and apologize. Management office say they will send a complaint to COB and they say COB will give a legal letter and send people to force the owner to open up their door and repair. Is this workable? My neighbour say some owner very stubborn, but management office say COB is legal, like police.
Cyberyh
post Dec 2 2014, 07:48 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Jliew168 @ Dec 2 2014, 06:29 PM)
This might take so long if u go to COB..anyway up to u see whatever is best for u.

If I want to be nasty I can just simply block his piping that directly under your unit so that water can overflow back to his unit..then see who die first lo

This will be a very nasty way la

Ops the best way still solve problem peacefully and nego with neighbour yourself..if he die die like that then just block his piping lo and repair back after he rectify the leaking

Anyway I not sure this is legal anot  tongue.gif
biggrin.gif how to block? I need to get a plumber to do right?
But management office say COB will force them to settle and they are like police, will summon them. I was thinking, how about go find lawyer...
Cyberyh
post Dec 2 2014, 09:24 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Jliew168 @ Dec 2 2014, 09:02 PM)
Ask plumber to do it..
if leaking very minor actually you can do a water profing in your ceiling ..
Can get a lawyer but not worthwhile cost n time ..if COB is free then ask the management to do it  tongue.gif
Thank you very much for your kind advice. I will ask plumber about water proofing my ceiling while management write to cob. Acctually the management office clerk told me that the owner only want me and office manager apologies because my husband scold them and the management office manager spread to many people about their unit leak. But the management office manager refuse, so they ask me to complaint to cob. Small matter they want to complicate it.
Cyberyh
post Dec 4 2014, 07:11 PM

7 posts

I face problem again, COB say they can only warn the owner but cannot sue or summon them. Is this true?

Cyberyh
post Dec 4 2014, 08:40 PM

7 posts

But the management office manager say COB can sue or summoned them. Or at least help to proceed to high court

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0198sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:51 PM