Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Condo upstairs leaking, Need advise..

views

stressful
post Feb 8 2016, 10:06 AM

5 posts

[quote=Jliew168,Dec 1 2014, 12:51 AM]
So did owner do his part rectify the leaking anot? If not send reminder or talk nicely with them

If they are nasty then u also can be nasty..just block the drainage pipe under your unit so that water overflow back to his unit when he using toilet. He will have no choice n compromise with u but that will be long term damage relation with your neighbour.
Can u recommend for me the plumber tat can block the drainage pipe under my unit coz I can't find any Plumber who does tat n my email is kenjichew.cj@gmail.com. ps help coz fuve yrs ago n getting worse until water comes out from my switch n aircond
stressful
post Feb 12 2016, 02:26 AM

5 posts

[quote=ckseong80,Feb 5 2016, 04:15 PM]
This is normal for condos.
Most of the time the leaking party don't give a damn.
Do u know any Plumber tat know how to block drainage pipe from unit n temhe upper unit scratch my car twice n cny blast my unit with dirty stinkish water in purpose! Ps help n very nasty INDIAN ppl n self righteous n its been 5 yrs
EarringSGarden
post Feb 15 2016, 10:59 AM

9 posts

Need help. Ceiling of condo below mine got water stain .Management came to inspect & said tiles joint causes the leak. I have never renovated the bathroom and have stayed for 12 years. The management proposed to remove tiles and bathtub for waterproofing and redo.
The total cost is on me. I am shifting out by year end.
Can i claim any insurance or the developer? Anyway i could cut the cost? Thanks.

This post has been edited by EarringSGarden: Feb 15 2016, 11:04 AM
crescentwish
post Oct 17 2016, 04:13 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(LTG @ Oct 12 2014, 04:31 PM)
i stay in top floor ,if any leaking issue , management will handle it
I stay at the highest floor, now raining my ceiling leaking.
Already no more warranty from the developer.
Who responsible to repair?
Management or me?
SUSempatTan
post Oct 17 2016, 04:19 PM

Regular
1,678 posts

High class or low class place?
jorgsacul
post Oct 17 2016, 04:22 PM

Regular
1,377 posts

Just pump chemical n block ur neigbour down flow. But u should do it only after notifying them.
crescentwish
post Oct 17 2016, 04:25 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(empatTan @ Oct 17 2016, 04:19 PM)
High class or low class place?
Above average class lo.
Not those luxury though.
LNYC
post Oct 18 2016, 07:49 AM

On my way
520 posts

QUOTE(crescentwish @ Oct 17 2016, 04:25 PM)
Above average class lo.
Not those luxury though.
Did u pay management fees? If yes then can go to management to deal.
kochin
post Oct 18 2016, 10:16 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(EarringSGarden @ Feb 15 2016, 10:59 AM)
Need help. Ceiling of condo below mine got water stain .Management came to inspect & said tiles joint causes the leak. I have never renovated the bathroom and have stayed for 12 years. The management proposed to remove tiles and bathtub for waterproofing and redo.
The total cost is on me. I am shifting out by year end.
Can i claim any insurance or the developer? Anyway i could cut the cost? Thanks.
tiles joint can never cause leakage.
leakage is definitely caused by water. what is he talking about???
the water is either from above or within your unit.
turn off your stop cock to determine whether there are any more leakages. if after you turn off the stop cock, and after draining off all residual, and still leaks, it's not your unit liao but leakages from above.
my 2 c.

QUOTE(crescentwish @ Oct 17 2016, 04:13 PM)
I stay at the highest floor, now raining my ceiling leaking.
Already no more warranty from the developer.
Who responsible to repair?
Management or me?
common roof under management.
for waterproofing, usually it's 5 or 10 years warranty.
developer or jmb can still claim it.
good luck!
Penang_J
post Oct 18 2016, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

The management body only liable for the water pipe installed at the common area. For your case, you may refer your case with management but i do not think they will take any action to repair/rectify the burst pipe problem above your unit. I would suggest T/S to lodge a police report and confirm the incident date in case if you want to consult your lawyer for further legal action.

genyou90
post Dec 19 2016, 11:02 AM

Getting Started
247 posts

i have problem also, the above unit piping burst or what. The water dripping from my bed above my master room, have to switch to another room. Now my masterroom is leaving there with water dripping, the owner said he already do whatever he can do. He just insist to hack his own floor to find the water sources and fix the piping.

I also what should i do now, have inform management, management said will forward case to COB.

heavensea
post Dec 19 2016, 06:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(kochin @ Oct 18 2016, 10:16 AM)
tiles joint can never cause leakage.
leakage is definitely caused by water. what is he talking about???
the water is either from above or within your unit.
turn off your stop cock to determine whether there are any more leakages. if after you turn off the stop cock, and after draining off all residual, and still leaks, it's not your unit liao but leakages from above.
my 2 c.
common roof under management.
for waterproofing, usually it's 5 or 10 years warranty.
developer or jmb can still claim it.
good luck!
learnt something, thanks. smile.gif
azeL_Inc
post Dec 27 2016, 11:36 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(Penang_J @ Oct 18 2016, 11:15 AM)
The management body only liable for the water pipe installed at the common area. For your case, you may refer your case with management but i do not think they will take any action to repair/rectify the burst pipe problem above your unit. I would suggest T/S to lodge a police report and confirm the incident date in case if you want to consult your lawyer for further legal action.
Hi..I just bought a 12 yrs walk up apartment, top most unit.
Rain heavily just now, found out bad leak from the roof, it came out thru ceiling, flooding the floor.

If I understand this correctly, it is JMB responsibility to fix this? And as warranty no longer valid after 12 yrs, all cost will be borne by JMB? How do I go about it, make complaint to JMB first?

This post has been edited by azeL_Inc: Dec 27 2016, 11:37 PM
Penang_J
post Dec 30 2016, 03:07 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(azeL_Inc @ Dec 27 2016, 11:36 PM)
Hi..I just bought a 12 yrs walk up apartment, top most unit.
Rain heavily just now, found out bad leak from the roof, it came out thru ceiling, flooding the floor.

If I understand this correctly, it is JMB responsibility to fix this? And as warranty no longer valid after 12 yrs, all cost will be borne by JMB? How do I go about it, make complaint to JMB first?
Okay you gonna to figure out whats actually happen to the pipe, it can be bursting of the down pipe, rain gutter or waterproofing issue. Normally JMB will buy a fire insurance to cover all the common area (all given by developers last time) i.e. ceiling, walls, pipe, roofing etc not your own renovation works. So if your own renovation works damaged is not covered under the Fire Policy.

As far as i concerned, it is JMB responsibility to fix all the damage in your apartment building and this is why owners pay maintenance fees to upkeep the building in normal condition.

Cause of the leaking from roof (section of the roofing blown off, damaged by windstorm, wear and tear issue since the building 12 years old already). I advise you ask a contractor to look into it to prevent further damage or report to Insurance Dept to solve this case (i believe your JMB must buy policy).

babepiggy
post Jul 3 2017, 07:41 PM

33 posts

My toilet wall and floor are leaking but when we tested the water meter there was no movement. The water will come out from the toilet floor and from the wall as well so my wall is stained from bottom up to the middle part. The plumber told me is upstairs toilet leaking. But of course upstairs owner said they have no sign of watermark in the toilet.

I'm lost. Please help.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
silverwave
post Aug 24 2017, 09:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

Hi, i just came across this thread and looks like many others have faced the same issue.

Though in my case, i want some advice. The owner below and the condo management have been communicating by email for 2 weeks but they did not let me know. It seems like the condo management could not get hold of the owner to have a look and they informed me after 2 weeks when the owner below complained that things are getting worst.

So when i went to visit the unit, management said it's between me and the owner. Few days later while i was getting quotation from my contractor, the whole plaster ceiling of the bottom unit fell down and damaged a blade of the fan. Water was already leaking badly and it damaged the wooden bed frame slightly. When i asked the management if they have the piping plan for the unit, they said they don't and asked me to get from the developer.

So as the top unit owner, how much are we supposed to compensate?
asiatrader98
post Sep 18 2017, 03:08 PM

Regular
1,451 posts

QUOTE(silverwave @ Aug 24 2017, 09:20 PM)
Hi, i just came across this thread and looks like many others have faced the same issue.

Though in my case, i want some advice. The owner below and the condo management have been communicating by email for 2 weeks but they did not let me know. It seems like the condo management could not get hold of the owner to have a look and they informed me after 2 weeks when the owner below complained that things are getting worst.

So when i went to visit the unit, management said it's between me and the owner. Few days later while i was getting quotation from my contractor, the whole plaster ceiling of the bottom unit fell down and damaged a blade of the fan. Water was already leaking badly and it damaged the wooden bed frame slightly. When i asked the management if they have the piping plan for the unit, they said they don't and asked me to get from the developer.

So as the top unit owner, how much are we supposed to compensate?
i think your management is useless if they only inform you after 2 weeks

they have to call you immediately after owner complaint about the leaking unless you try to avoid their call

asiatrader98
post Sep 18 2017, 03:11 PM

Regular
1,451 posts

QUOTE(babepiggy @ Jul 3 2017, 07:41 PM)
My toilet wall and floor are leaking but when we tested the water meter there was no movement. The water will come out from the toilet floor and from the wall as well so my wall is stained from bottom up to the middle part. The plumber told me is upstairs toilet leaking. But of course upstairs owner said they have no sign of watermark in the toilet.

I'm lost. Please help.
try a few plumbers to ask for advice......some are pro some are not

This post has been edited by asiatrader98: Sep 18 2017, 03:11 PM
yeeck
post Sep 28 2021, 11:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,466 posts

For units no longer under developer warranty, upper unit leaking water into lower unit, is the upper unit liable to just fix the leakage? Or is the upper unit owner also liable to fix any resultant damage such as water marks on the ceiling and damaged electrical items due to the leak?

This post has been edited by yeeck: Sep 28 2021, 12:33 PM

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:08 PM